SeXy FoOtBaLl 4-4-2 tactic amazing results.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quality tactic using it with my zenit st petersburg game, am top of the leauge after 22 games with 17 wins 3 draws 2 losses, this includes a 7-0 & 6-0 wins. beat man u in the euro super cup 2-1 ( penalty in second half of extra time) & and have just come from 3-0 down at half time to 3-3 at old trafford in the group stage of champions cup. :)

quality tactic using it with my zenit st petersburg game, am top of the leauge after 22 games with 17 wins 3 draws 2 losses, this includes a 7-0 & 6-0 wins. Beat man u in the euro super cup 2-1 ( penalty in second half of extra time) & and have just come from 3-0 down at half time to 3-3 at old trafford in the group stage of champions cup. :)

patch 9.3.0?

patch 9.3.0?

yeah 1st time i've used it so cant compare with anything else but is working great. i'm averaging 2.7 goals scored a game & 0.5 a game conceded in the leauge. i start most games with control & if im not winning with 20-25 mins to go put the home tactic on.

What a shame, this was one of my top two 9.2 tactics, but contrary to what others are seeing, i cannot get this working in 9.3?

It's a problem the majority of users of this tactic are facing. Myself included.

Pointon is (I think) trying to develop something new, which I think may take a while.

I've been getting decent results using the home tactic both home and away.

Playing as Wolves in the championship. P6 W4 D1 L1 and won both cup matches.

The draw I had 21 shots and just couldn't score and the loss was against Reading, we had a similar amount of chances they just took theirs.

Instead of having the DM though I pushed him forward to CM and the CM to AM. So I play 4-3-1-2 now.

Last i heard guys was that he was trying out something new yesterday, where he was going to try a few new things with control by changing things like passing from short to direct etc, not heard anything else. Also to the many of you who have posted your e-mail addresses there isnt anything to currently test yet.

For me Sexy Football is still best tactic out there, so I tried to fool around doing some strange tests with it (more or less as I did in previous FM with Kimz tactics). I'm not sure if I came across something worth while, but due to the general frustration with patch 9.0.3 why not to share it, to see if we all together can beat this infamous patch!!! try it... I've tried it for a few matches with considerable success (before you ask, yes you can use strikers in the amc positions).

REMOVED LINK

Actually it works better like this, ignore the first one...

http://files.filefront.com/SEXY+4+1+1+4+Acadmica+Set9tac/;13411525;/fileinfo.html

For me Sexy Football is still best tactic out there, so I tried to fool around doing some strange tests with it (more or less as I did in previous FM with Kimz tactics). I'm not sure if I came across something worth while, but due to the general frustration with patch 9.0.3 why not to share it, to see if we all together can beat this infamous patch!!! try it... I've tried it for a few matches with considerable success (before you ask, yes you can use strikers in the amc positions).

REMOVED LINK

Actually it works better like this, ignore the first one...

http://files.filefront.com/SEXY+4+1+1+4+Acadmica+Set9tac/;13411525;/fileinfo.html

Is it a new Control tactic ????

Forget about my previous post, doesn't work. And the home tactic, with wich I had some success in 9.0.3, is not consistent enough!!!

Altough being a big fan of Pointon's tactics, I decided to wait no more, and started an intensive testing of all tactics in the forum in 9.0.3. This one is by far the best:

Tubey Tactic:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2827648#post2827648

Pointon, can't you edit your opening post with new download links to the current versions of the tactic? You can even label them as betas if you don't want to be held responsible ;)

That way we could avoid the thread being spammed by posts containing little more than email addresses and have more people testing your latest versions of the tactic. :)

(also it will then always be easy to find for everyone and not hidden somewhere down mid-way on page 13)

Cheers :)

pointon, can't you edit your opening post with new download links to the current versions of the tactic? You can even label them as betas if you don't want to be held responsible ;)

that way we could avoid the thread being spammed by posts containing little more than email addresses and have more people testing your latest versions of the tactic. :)

clap clap clap clap clap

You tactics worked superb for me! Im playing with arsenal and i won the league and im just about play in the fa cup final!

For most of the season i had been up and down from 6th to 3rd and managed to get top spot in the last 6 games,i had to play Chelsea and the Man Utd back to back who where top and 2nd,with these 2 tactics(home and control) i beat both teams to win the league!!

So nice one,its defo sexy football.

Im going to carry on playing as arsenal but im going to be on the look out for managers who have lost there jobs in the lower leagues to give myself a bit of a challenge!

For me Home tactic version 9.2 works even better for 9.3 patch. I play Slask in Poland and got 2015 year. In patch 9.2 i use both "control" nad "home" , "home" when i was favorited by Odds and Control when oponent was favorited . Now i 9.3 patch i play only "Home version" and my players play more ofensive. I win 5:1 , 5:0 , even 7:0 . In patch 9.2 was hard to win more than 3 goals. And also i had more shots every match. So im very happy with "home version 9.2" on patch 9.3.

The 9.2 versions works great for me too, maybe better, i got 14 (competitive, not included friendlies) wins i a row. Using control away and against big teams, and home when palying, of course, at home. btw playing with Aston Villa.

scored 36, conceded only 7. beaten chelsea (h) and Man U (h).

I got a wierd question... Are there different versions of 9.2.0 ? Why am I asking this question. I was dominating the epl with my QPR before 9.3.0 update. Than the tactic didn't work with the new patch. I have re-installed the game then forst upgrade to 9.1.0 than 9.2.0. But now my QPR can not score much can not win... Is this just bad luck or is tehre a reason behind it?

Thanks guys...

I play Śląsk toooo :] This tactic was ok on 9.3.0. But when it comes to face strong team like arsenal oreven feyenord ... they have definitely to many clear cut chances. It's easy to win i Polish league but when it comes to champions league... it's hard(if you don't play with for example chelsea,inter,man city,man utd ETC.)

9.3.0 fixed one unrealistic aspect of the game that had been there for quite a while - fast STs don't dominate so heavily anymore. I don't see 5-6 one-on-ones per game as it was in 9.2.0 or before. Pointon27's control tactic relied on pacey ST heavily. But if you think about it a little bit, watch a couple matches in full mode, it's relatively easy to tune the tactic up, especially if your players are good enough. However, depending on the team you playing with and quality of your players you may need to follow different path.

9.3.0 fixed one unrealistic aspect of the game that had been there for quite a while - fast STs don't dominate so heavily anymore. I don't see 5-6 one-on-ones per game as it was in 9.2.0 or before. Pointon27's control tactic relied on pacey ST heavily. But if you think about it a little bit, watch a couple matches in full mode, it's relatively easy to tune the tactic up, especially if your players are good enough. However, depending on the team you playing with and quality of your players you may need to follow different path.

Any actual suggestions or is this just a cryptic post? Personally I dont have time to spend 3 hours watching 2 games in full so actual advice would be better. Sounds like you may know so I'm just suggesting you share your knowledge....

Hi Pointon27,

i'm with Spurs second season with excelent result (won Euro Cup first year and Champions league this year) but i've a lot of problem with striker.

I followed your instruction about the most important attributes but it didn't work.

I bought Rossi-Saviola(good pace-of the ball-finishing) but no-one of this is able to score(rossi 6,saviola1).

Please could you help to find the right striker?

Hi Pointon27,

i'm with Spurs second season with excelent result (won Euro Cup first year and Champions league this year) but i've a lot of problem with striker.

I followed your instruction about the most important attributes but it didn't work.

I bought Rossi-Saviola(good pace-of the ball-finishing) but no-one of this is able to score(rossi 6,saviola1).

Please could you help to find the right striker?

For me, Keirrison, is scoring for fun. I'm on third season (first with patch 9.3) and he's scoring an incredible number of goals. Ratio of more than 1 per game. 18 games, 23 goals, 10 assists, 6 MOM.

Any actual suggestions or is this just a cryptic post? Personally I dont have time to spend 3 hours watching 2 games in full so actual advice would be better. Sounds like you may know so I'm just suggesting you share your knowledge....

3 hours is my week game time. Fortunately, watching does not take as much :) Anyway, as I said before, there is no universal solution. Speaking of Control tactic in my Everton game I found that in 9.3.0:

1) Unlike 9.2.0, my FCs have rarely been able to get some space behind AI defence or even get the ball without AI defender pressure. My FCs don't have perfect first touch, so quite often they would lose the ball after first touch. Solution - not 100% sure yet. My guess is that as IRL a team playing on counter attack would get 1 or 2 chances per game anyway, so either wait for that chance (if you have weak squad) or start to play more agressively.

2) Too many players are asked to run with ball often. In combination with relatively low CF and high time wasting many of my players were simply running somwhere and easily disposessed. Add in the fact that my FBs, MC and one of the FC are not great dribblers. So if you have very good players that may not be an issue for you. Solution - watch and observe.

3) Low mentality + counter-attack + mixed-to-often through ball combination caused my defs and DMC to just puff the ball up. Because of 1) it did not relly work. Solution - depends on players quality. Either employ more complicated mentality system or play more agressively.

That's just a few major observations. You can also check stats (pass completion, tackles, etc.) for your players and AI teams from matches you played using control tactic prior to 9.3.0 and with 9.3.0. In my case I found that my FBs pass completion dropped and number of interception made by AI's defs increased. These a)confirmed my suspicions about 1) and b)led me to remove TTb from FBs instruction. But then again, it depends on YOUR team.

3 hours is my week game time. Fortunately, watching does not take as much :) Anyway, as I said before, there is no universal solution. Speaking of Control tactic in my Everton game I found that in 9.3.0:

1) Unlike 9.2.0, my FCs have rarely been able to get some space behind AI defence or even get the ball without AI defender pressure. My FCs don't have perfect first touch, so quite often they would lose the ball after first touch. Solution - not 100% sure yet. My guess is that as IRL a team playing on counter attack would get 1 or 2 chances per game anyway, so either wait for that chance (if you have weak squad) or start to play more agressively.

2) Too many players are asked to run with ball often. In combination with relatively low CF and high time wasting many of my players were simply running somwhere and easily disposessed. Add in the fact that my FBs, MC and one of the FC are not great dribblers. So if you have very good players that may not be an issue for you. Solution - watch and observe.

3) Low mentality + counter-attack + mixed-to-often through ball combination caused my defs and DMC to just puff the ball up. Because of 1) it did not relly work. Solution - depends on players quality. Either employ more complicated mentality system or play more agressively.

That's just a few major observations. You can also check stats (pass completion, tackles, etc.) for your players and AI teams from matches you played using control tactic prior to 9.3.0 and with 9.3.0. In my case I found that my FBs pass completion dropped and number of interception made by AI's defs increased. These a)confirmed my suspicions about 1) and b)led me to remove TTb from FBs instruction. But then again, it depends on YOUR team.

Thanks for that very helpfull. I will try some tweeks based on what you have said. Cheers

Do you no somethng bob,please give me some hope mate,ive got a new game ready to go,just waiting to start

Well Pointon did a season long test with the tactics and finished it at the start of the weekend with Oldham, results sounded good and the last ive heard was that he was finishing an old City save with them, theyre definatly on the way its just a matter of time.

(To everyone: please dont go asking how long till theyre out)

Pointon, could you please give us an update on whats happening atm? I have not started a game since installing the new patch and im starting to run out of patience. I may even install 9.0.2 over 9.0.3 (if possible) because i can get no tactic to work on 9.0.3. Any update, whats happening etc would be massively appreciated.

Pointon, could you please give us an update on whats happening atm? I have not started a game since installing the new patch and im starting to run out of patience. I may even install 9.0.2 over 9.0.3 (if possible) because i can get no tactic to work on 9.0.3. Any update, whats happening etc would be massively appreciated.

Sorry i've not posted on here for a while, i've been bust trying to resolve the tactical issues mainly the control as that seems to been affected most by the new patch. I'd finished a season with Oldham Athletic and won the league having pretty good success with a tweaked control that i made. However in some games it fell apart and at times i scraped victories that to be honest felt like a defeat. However i felt the base was right. I've nearly finished my Man City season i finished 2nd in the league won the UEFA cup and i'm in the final of the FA cup, i've been tweaking the control from that, that i used with Oldham to win League 1 as it's not creating enough chances and in some games gets dominated to much.

I feel it's pretty much ready for release, i'd tweaked that many variations of the control tactic during my Man City save it's pretty hard for me to establish if i think this is as good as the control that worked on 9.2 or better. I'm also going to release a version 2 of my home tactic. However for those still enjoying success with the original home tactic you may just want to try the control tactic.

Ok here goes two new tactics control V2 and a home V2 same as before the control away from home unless big favourites and the home at home unless big underdogs.

I'll leave a couple of screenshots of league positions i achieved please note that during my Man City season especially many tweaks were made to the control V2 tactic and the control V2 is slightly different to that, that won the league with Oldham. I find it plays similar to the last control and the player requirements are the same. Funnily enough i didn't stumble on the most notable difference to alter the control tactic until around 10 games to go of my Man City season.

Oldhamseason.jpg

mancitySeason.jpg

Finally the download links

http://files.filefront.com/SeXy+FoOtBaLl+Control+V2+9tac/;13439500;/fileinfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/SeXy+FoOtBaLL+Home+V2+Man9tac/;13439501;/fileinfo.html

Thanks for your patience while i was developing the tactics and please leave feedback in the thread.

Finally i'd like to say thanks to Bobmufc who had a great input into both the tactics as we shared opinions over email and feedback on how the tactics held up.