The Lost Season 4 thread *for episodes aired in the US/abc.com* *season 3 spoilers and a mid-season cut-off guranteed*

rosslarkin

It would make perfect sense for the ship to be Dharma, as their main objective is Ben, who overthrew Dharma in the first place. Could be an indication as to how Aaron goes back without Claire too, as I assume they would want to study Claire as she's the only woman to ever have a child on the island

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Frankie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Fish:

I have seen nothing that indicates that the ship is Dharma.

Apart from the ginger woman's flashback to discovering a polar bear fossilised skeleton with a Dharma tag? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And? How does that make the boat Dharma? She's just a mercenary tbf.

Is Sayid Ben's man on the boat? True, he wasn't on it when Ben made the claim, and he may not even be on it now, but Ben may have known he was going to be on the boat...

Well no, becaus the man on the boat gave him the names of all the people wgho came to the island, whilst, way before Sayid left.

Originally posted by rosslarkin:

It would make perfect sense for the ship to be Dharma, as their main objective is Ben, who overthrew Dharma in the first place. Could be an indication as to how Aaron goes back without Claire too, as I assume they would want to study Claire as she's the only woman to ever have a child on the island

They said numerous times theres no problem for people who conceive off the island, so that must have happpenned before Claire for them to know that. Infact it did with Rousseau.

Originally posted by The_Fish:

And? How does that make the boat Dharma? She's just a mercenary tbf.

It is rather coincidental not to mention other circumstantial evidence in terms of plot-line...

Of course it could be a red-herring but I think it's fair to say it's a decent possibility given Ben's alleged fear of them.

Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

I wanna see more of Richard et al...been a few episodes in and no mention of them.

As in Richard from the Others?

I think I read somewhere the actor who played him was restricted to how many episodes he was in this season as he was filming another show.

Do you really believe the Black Rock crashed on the island and then ended up in the middle of the jungle? I can't see how this would be the case, as it was so big (unless smokie had something to do with it) - think it was planted there by Dharma or something, personally.

Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

Do you really believe the Black Rock crashed on the island and then ended up in the middle of the jungle? I can't see how this would be the case, as it was so big (unless smokie had something to do with it) - think it was planted there by Dharma or something, personally.

I've always assumed it was tsunami of some sort?

I have a theory on the Black Rock. I reckon that the Island is somehow connected to the 12 areas round the world such as the Bermuda Triangle. I reckon the ship probably went through something like the triangle and landed in the area of the island it's in.

Originally posted by hjfh:

I have a theory on the Black Rock. I reckon that the Island is somehow connected to the 12 areas round the world such as the Bermuda Triangle. I reckon the ship probably went through something like the triangle and landed in the area of the island it's in.

Nah, the island is just the back of a giant turtle.

Originally posted by hjfh:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

I wanna see more of Richard et al...been a few episodes in and no mention of them.

As in Richard from the Others?

I think I read somewhere the actor who played him was restricted to how many episodes he was in this season as he was filming another show. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It got cancelled apparently \o/

Originally posted by Goater666:

I tell you what, i would love to see a flash back of Rousseau. When the black rock crash landed and their first days on the island.

They've said that there will be one at some point, always seems to 'next season' though.

I'm sure that there will be one when the time is right, there is more to Danielle then meets the eye I think and having it too early would probably give secrets about the island/the others away.

Originally posted by Goater666:

I tell you what, i would love to see a flash back of Rousseau. When the black rock crash landed and their first days on the island.

Easy mistake to make - but the Black Rock isn't Rousseau's ship. Because she crash landed here in her ship, and then proceeds to introduce the Black Rock - people assume that was her ship, when in fact Locke said it was a slave ship from the 1800s(?).

Originally posted by Willigogs:

Easy mistake to make - but the Black Rock isn't Rousseau's ship. Because she crash landed here in her ship, and then proceeds to introduce the Black Rock - people assume that was her ship, when in fact Locke said it was a slave ship from the 1800s(?).

But if time moves faster off the island then it COULD be hers!

But i don't think it is

Originally posted by Gr81:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Willigogs:

But if time moves faster off the island then it COULD be hers!

But i don't think it is </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It isn't. Alex is 16. Not 160.

That could be a reason I suppose, it's a theory I've seen in a few places and there is nothing to disprove it that I remember. If the baby ages in real-world time and the mother doesn't it could get too big too quickly for the mothers body to cope with.

Another idea is do to with the Islands healing ability and somehow treating the Baby as a disease that its needs to cure and killing the mother and baby in the process.

Neither of these explain why it only effects babies conceived off island though I don't think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Annihilator666:

One thing I was wondering about: if time passes faster off the island, shouldn't Penny be in her 70s or something?

It doesn't. Didn't you see the calendar on the boat? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, I realised shortly after I posted. I was still thinking about Faraday mentioning the perception of time on the island might be wonky, but of course the people on the helicopter also arrived on the boat way later than they should have.

It reminded me of the Desmond episodes from last season. It had a mind**** feel to it, trying to comprehend the time travel ideas.

I think there was those Naomi episodes where he had flash forwards, as though he had already experienced the future. And the one where he was in the past but was always destined to do certain things.

I think a key point is that they did not physically time travel. But their consciousness did. So characters like Locke may be acting because of fragments of memories/emotions experienced in the future. And the concept of destiny may be re-experiencing the events of your life for the second/third time.

=----=

There was also the mention of the journal being from a ship that disapeared in the 1800s and subsequently owned by Hanso.

That was abloody BRILLIANT episode - and thank God! I was losing faith in the entire show after the slow start to this season again, teaser after teaser but with no answers, but FINALLY we have something to actually debate and discuss.

Loved it.

Mentioning the black rock, Widmore buying the log, how the time warps when coming and going to the island, Faraday's reason for crying - loads of things (even only small) finally being answered icon_smile.gif

What was his reason for crying? I missed it.

Actually that's a good point.

I was getting confused thinking it was maybe confirmation that Desmond did actually crash on the island - but then Desmond wasn't on the plane.

Maybe Faraday has done the experiment on himself, therefore has seen all these events happen and is getting confirmation? I have no idea now icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Sheer Class:

Surprised no one mentioned that IT IS Pennys ship...just not that they are talking to her

Not necessarily. She did say "What Ship"?

So we have 2 possibilities here:

1.) Just as Jack spoke to the freighter and the helicopter hadn't arrived - Charlie spoke to Penny BEFORE she arranged the Freighter to be launched..

2.) She's simply ringing a phone number that resides on the freighter. Just because she's calling a number there doesn't mean it's her boat...

Number 1 sounds interesting icon_smile.gif

Oh, and something else that struck me was that the Black rock was last known to be near Madagascar.

Is there a Dharma link to the Island from Madagascar, as it has cropped up a few times now?

1.) Pretty sure there was a Dharma / Hanso station based there which was cloased.

and then the next two are maybes...

2.) Charlotte discovered the Polar Bear with the Dharma collar in a desert seemingly in Africa.

3.) Eko's brother flew a plane from somewhere in Africa - could he have flown into this warp?

Hmmm...

Archived