The Lost Season 4 thread *for episodes aired in the US/abc.com* *season 3 spoilers and a mid-season cut-off guranteed*

rosslarkin

I have a theory on what Harper said to Juliet when she said 'Ben likes you as you look like her'

Oviously 'her' must be Annie and Annie must of died like all the other women on the Island who are expecting babies.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

doubt this has been mentioned yet but...

penny said at the end of the last series that she didn't have any boat out looking for them and she was confused, or acted confused about it.

now, in the last episode pennys dad is shown as the man who owns the boat out looking for ben. penny know's about this boat, and she's probaly out for revenge on desmond while her dad has other business to take care of into ben, if that's what he's actually after of course. and so what if ben does have michael as a spy on the boat, you know lost so there's no point questioning that.

i'd thought i'd just throw that out here. i'll look embarrassed if this was already caught but anyways.

though i want to dismiss the mother look-a-like theory, there is possibily something there. one could give an amateur psych-101 analysis like his father always blamed him for the death of his mother so if he finds love from a woman who likes her he would get forgiveness.

Originally posted by Flabarama:

penny said at the end of the last series that she didn't have any boat out looking for them and she was confused, or acted confused about it.

Maybe she didn't know about the boat when she talked to Charlie, but later found out about it from her dad, then started calling the boat.

does her reaction on the phone to desmond look like one from someone wanting to get revenge from the person she is talking to? sure this is lost but they really would have a hard time twisting the story to fit penny wanting revenge against desmond. imo even within the lost space it's not feasible.

Originally posted by Jongi:

does her reaction on the phone to desmond look like one from someone wanting to get revenge from the person she is talking to? sure this is lost but they really would have a hard time twisting the story to fit penny wanting revenge against desmond. imo even within the lost space it's not feasible.

"hi desmond you arsehole, i'm coming to get you. YOU'RE MINE BITCH." yeah guess she would of went with that if she wanted revenge.

Originally posted by Flabarama:

but desmond contacted her about two episodes ago and she didn't know about it, or as i think she acted as if she didn't.

1. that was charlie

2. look you are entitled to believe that she wants revenge. it could turn out to be true. however in my eyes the scene was just not setup like that when desmond called from the boat. it was setup as one of utter genuine happiness and reaction of love. maybe penny within lost is a good actor. but as i say in my eyes i completely disregard your theory.

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flabarama:

Maybe she didn't know about the boat when she talked to Charlie, but later found out about it from her dad, then started calling the boat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im pretty confident she knows abou the boat as shes been calling it for quite a while, but she doesnt know her fathers involved at all.

Originally posted by RedRob:

Im pretty confident she knows abou the boat as shes been calling it for quite a while, but she doesnt know her fathers involved at all.

She's been phoning a NUMBER. She doesn't neccessarily know where that number is based.

Originally posted by Red_Hector:

I just want to say Alan Dale is a total DON. Come a long way since that lame heart attack on Neighbours.

That he has, bedded Julie Cooper in the OC, almost married an ex Miss America in Ugly Betty to being at the head of it all on Lost

I was doing ok with that ep until Hurley knocked at the door, then i had no idea wtf was happening.

Had a feeling Jin would be dead in a flash forward but didn't seem like it would be happening.

Who's looking after walt?

Jin was obviously flashback, Sun flashforward. I suspect the folk with more knowledge about the 'year of x' will have picked that up quite quickly.

More importantly, it's not exactly 100% that Jin's dead. I'm leaning more toward he's been left on the island. His grave said Sept 22 2004, the date of the crash, so obviously he didn't get off the island for one reason or another. More inclined to believe he's still alive as he's supremely cool even if his story has kinda ran its course now he's a changed man.

Originally posted by Stephen Wilson:

More importantly, it's not exactly 100% that Jin's dead. I'm leaning more toward he's been left on the island. His grave said Sept 22 2004, the date of the crash, so obviously he didn't get off the island for one reason or another. More inclined to believe he's still alive as he's supremely cool even if his story has kinda ran its course now he's a changed man.

I'm with you on that. I don't think he's dead at all. Although not sure whether Sun and Hurley think he's dead, or whether they know he's alive but that they'll never see him again.

Originally posted by RedRob:

Jins were obviously flashbacks, he said hed only been married 2 months.

Initially I thought he might have remarried and left Sun, but obviously that's not the case and they were flashbacks while Sun's were flashforwards.

Thought about the rubbish phone he had as well, but then I tried to remember back to what phones we had in 2005 and thought maybe it wasn't that rubbish after all.

but it really got me thinking. who is that wants to cover up the island. the airline has largely the same problem whether the wreckage is found or not. so who has enough power over an airline to force it to stage a cover up? and to find 350 odd bodies as well.

Dharma for me tbf, they obviously want to keep the island a secret and would do anything to ensure it stays that way. By the simple fact that Widmores solitary (crappy by his wealth) boat is the only one in the vicinity makes you think that he's the only one who has knowledge of the island anyway (probably from the journal)

And if the time travel thing is accurate and the island is consistently in 1996 then Michael would've been off the island for 8 years and therefore never on the manifest in the first place enabling him to get home (in the past???) knowing about the island and then waiting for the opportunity to work on the boat, he could have the same connection that Faraday has to Des (wouldn't explain his uber-cool new name though)

I'm completely baffled tbh, but the Sun/Jin scenes did bring a tear to my eyes, and he quite clearly isn't dead.

What's more baffling is what sequence of events would cause Claire to give up the baby (assuming she didn't die), Sund to leave Jin behind and Kate to leave Sawyer (and maybe Jack to leave Juliet assuming she isn't one of the '6')

Archived