** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

I am having great results with the V4 tactic in my domestic competitions. I am playing as Standard Luik (top 3 Belgian team) and am sitting comfortably 1st after half a season with 7 points more then the 2nd. only lost 2 games where my key players where injured. Scoring quite fluently and defence is best in the league. I feel this tactic has more potential given some good signings. This will only be possible next season when players like Witsel, Defour, Onyewu, Jovanovic will probably be attracted by some bigger teams. Hope I can make some good money for them!

Now my question is:

When playing in a domestic leaugue I am a top table team so that's why I choose for V4. But in Europe I failed miserably using this version. I have to admit It was against Panathinaikos for Champions league to qualify for the group stages lost 1 -2 twice. Then to qualify for group stage in uefa cup I drew Spurs. Lost 1 - 2 twice again. In theory my team is weaker then the opposition was but the odds given befor the game where 3 times in my favour, so I thought V4 would do the job. But as I said in theory I have a weaker team for European cup leagues so should I be using a different version of the tactics, or maybe alter something?

I know I need to strenghten and buy the right players for each position but until possible what should I do?

Anyway Tyler, thanks for keeping my interest in FM high, since I haven't been able to produce something good on FM09 since it came out until now!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this tactic seems to be getting rave reviews. I noticed that there are only 2 versions now on the opening post. If struggling away from home with v4 should I try v3?

I haven't tried these yet but may well do tonight after being offered the Yeovil job (in the conference).

Just started a new save with Liverpool. This tactic seems to be the best for the new patch, just gonna give it a go. Hope it works!!!! You've got me excited about the new tactic, can't wait to test it!!!!!!

Really good tactic the best i've tried, but!!!!!

Second season with AFC Wimbledon, started using V4 halfway in January, and gained promotion to Blue Sq Prem (also won the FA Trophy beating teams easily from Blue Sq Prem - then the div above). This season first 12 games 11 wins & 1 draw but from that point I have struggled both home and away (away was always a bit dodgy in the first season) only 1 win in last 18 games. Is this just the AI kicking in against the tactic or inconsistency with the quality of players. I have tried other versions of tactic with terrible results and tried reducing tempo, def line and general tickering seems to have no effect (why should this be needed after such a good start anyway).

Just when I thought I'd found a tactic to beat the frustrations many seem to have the current game, disillusionment is once again starting to set in.

Any ideas whats happening and what may help.

only 2 tactics in initial post now

The other two no good?

Hi tyler, I ahve heard grea thins about your tactic, i really want to try it, but tghis error message comes up every time i try to download:

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\TFJ-4-2-2-2 (R. Madrid, Dec 2011)-1.tac could not be opened, because an unknown error occurred.

Try saving to disc first and then opening the file.

has anyone any idea why it does this with me only, am i doing something wrong, i click on the given link, press download now, and it says taht error after mozilla starts its download?

i have paying 13 game on premier with Aston Villa, but is a disaster, 2 only win, i have all palyer that you have description on your post, but i don't understand.

My player go even second on the ball e lose all contrast.

Sorry for my english, for now continue my test

With Liverpool my choice of forwards are, Torres, Benzema, Vagner Love, Aguero. Who should i choose and which would be best for each player e.g who should be ST and who should be CF, also CMs Mascherano, Hamsik, Gago, Veloso ? i assume all of them 4 CMs would work.

I have used this tactic with great successes. I got Alaves from the bottom of Liga Adelante to win the CL. Haven't won the Liga BBVA yet. I am in the season 2019/2020 now.

But one thing really bothers me atm and I wanted to ask if some of you had the same problem. I am using V1 at the moment. Though I have some class strikers, I really struggling with scoring. My most scoring players is a DC for heaven sake, with 14 goals from 26 matches.... Defence is tight. Not conceding alot, though I sometimes get alot of changes against.

I play with two controling midfielders. But the attack seems to be crap, though I have high class strikers...

I've just stacked on my game and your tactics caused it.

I had not lost a domestic game, league or cup, in over 3 years. I mean how boring is that?

Seriously the SPL is too simple with these tactics.

Your tactics really do work well. Well done.

I've just created myself a British League with the OF in the EPL and the other Scottish teams in divisions below. I also have a few from Northern Ireland (lower leagues). The Welsh teams are the ones already playing in England.

Let's see how far The Gers can go in the new British League. Just a pity I don't know how to change the England flag to the British one.

With Liverpool my choice of forwards are, Torres, Benzema, Vagner Love, Aguero. Who should i choose and which would be best for each player e.g who should be ST and who should be CF, also CMs Mascherano, Hamsik, Gago, Veloso ? i assume all of them 4 CMs would work.

The 4 mids should be great. For the strikers, in general, the denominations they have in the game (F C or ST) apply pretty well. I would have Love/Aguero at FW and Torres/Benzema at ST.

I've found version 2 to be really effective at every level of the Scottish Leagues and, if anything, most effective in the SPL probably because my team started getting a bit of extra quality in all positions.

just look at my westham team here are some results http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3750/87910097.jpg

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5019/74527778.jpg

and here is the league table

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1102/22972385.jpg

only difference i make is that when the opposition has a lonely striker and not so fast i put upson to specific man marking and it is very effective but dont forget not man marking specific man marking the tactic aint only good it s very enjoyable to watch it makes the game far more joyful and another thing just make sure every position is shining green it s pretty important some amc s cannot be effective on the mc position and amr/l on the mr/l thank you very very much my dear friend tyler i m recommending every one to try this tactic from the beggining so that all the team can get use to it

I've just stacked on my game and your tactics caused it.

I had not lost a domestic game, league or cup, in over 3 years. I mean how boring is that?

Seriously the SPL is too simple with these tactics.

Your tactics really do work well. Well done.

I've just created myself a British League with the OF in the EPL and the other Scottish teams in divisions below. I also have a few from Northern Ireland (lower leagues). The Welsh teams are the ones already playing in England.

Let's see how far The Gers can go in the new British League. Just a pity I don't know how to change the England flag to the British one.

Sound interesting Coops. Could you put you're save on Filefront. Might have a go at you're British League, gets a bit boring playing teams 4 times a season.

I play with two controling midfielders. But the attack seems to be crap, though I have high class strikers...

Many have similar problems in that the ST's don't score enough. I'm trying to improve this for V5 but it may just be a bit of a bug. Looking around the forum many say the same.

The best tactic with i ever played on 9.3.0. Great at away games and at home. I play without TM. When cpu play 4-2-4 i decrease "tempo", increase "play on time", add back arrow to FB and sometimes tick "counter attack". Only one problem is with ST and FC, because for example they scores many goals in 5 matches at row and then they coudn't scores at next 5 matches. But i think this is problem with FM, not with this tactic. But my CM is the best striker in team :) Sorry for my english ;)

Thanks for feedback. Yes I agree that it may be an FM problem. I have tried many variations as well. It may be that you have to change the ST/FC system for each game. Eg. TM in one game, quick dribbler in another depending on the opposition defence.

i have paying 13 game on premier with Aston Villa, but is a disaster, 2 only win, i have all palyer that you have description on your post, but i don't understand.

My player go even second on the ball e lose all contrast.

Sorry for my english, for now continue my test

Read the OP. Do you have 9.3 patch?

Well, tyler got to thank you for this tactic :thup:.

After a very successful first season, now in january i'm top of the league 5p from 2º. Again on league cup final, 2 in champions league group and won the european supercup agaist real.

I only seem to have problems agaist chelsea to who i lost the english supercup, and aston villa they're fast wingers cause me problems.

And again dominated at old trafford:cool:.

I have made a list of 'Preferred move' training in the OP. This would enhance the tactic if you're players had them:

Preferred Move Training:

- DC: Stay back, don't dive in.

- FB: Stay back, don't dive in.

- MC: Play short passes, hit shots with power.

- MR/L: Run with ball down right/left,

- FC: Try through balls, run with ball through centre.

- ST: Try to beat offside trap, place shots/round keeper.

Hmm I don't see the option Stay Back and Don't Dive In with the DC's ...

I'm with liverpool using v.4. my forwards are Torres and Lavezzi, but torres isn't scoring, I'm playinh him in the left side and lavezzi is the one with the arriw, is there any change I need to make?

i have the same problem with my strikers :(

To be honest I think this is an FM09 problem when looking around the forum threads. However, I also think its realistic. Look at the top scorers around Europe and the UK. Most are lucky to have a 1 in 3 goals ratio. Yes you get freak seasons like C.Ronaldo last year, but usually a player struggles 2nd season around especially after making big impact. Also football has changed a lot even in the last 2 or 3 years, where some top teams don't even play with an out and out ST. For you're ST to get 25-30+ goals every season is very unrealistic.

I have made a list of 'Preferred move' training in the OP. This would enhance the tactic if you're players had them:

Preferred Move Training:

- DC: Stay back, don't dive in.

- FB: Stay back, don't dive in.

- MC: Play short passes, hit shots with power.

- MR/L: Run with ball down right/left,

- FC: Try through balls, run with ball through centre.

- ST: Try to beat offside trap, place shots/round keeper.

Good point. Only needs used if they have 'goes forward whenever posssible' or 'dives into tackles'. A good option for all defenders is 'stay on feet when tackling'.

Well some of them have that option 'goes forward whenever possible' but I don't mark it.

BTW what do you mean with high pressing / high defensive line?. Is it good that I select that and make it 'push up'?

Because after one half Juventus - Standard was 5-1 and I changed it into 'Push up' and in the end it was 5-3. Not a bad result I guess ...