** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although i am not doubting your words about the money transfer, mind posting it? SO i can see which player are good to buy then sell :) (or send me the link of the pic by pm, i dont want to derail this thread).

Thx in advance and thx for the tactic, gonna give it a try !

Shooze: to tell the truth I made most of my money from selling regens, so that wouldn't do you any good. Check the good player & team guide forums for buying tips, that's where I got most of my info from. I use Genie Scout to look for good regens. And yeah, we shouldn't derail the thread too much ;).

Gee Simpson: I use Darkstarrs training schedules

3at: Any advice on what needs improving?

Gee Simpson: sorry to hear that mate, which club are you at? Are your defenders fast enough? Do they have good anticipation? What kind of goals are you conceding?

matthew56: I've been using the maximum size, for the new season I'm going to try the standard size and see if that is any different. My guess is that if your defenders don't have very high pace/anticipation, you might be better off not using the maximum size pitch. The defensive line in this tactic is very high, and with a big pitch that means lots of space behind your defenders for the opposition to exploit.

Gee Simpson: sorry to hear that mate, which club are you at? Are your defenders fast enough? Do they have good anticipation? What kind of goals are you conceding?

matthew56: I've been using the maximum size, for the new season I'm going to try the standard size and see if that is any different. My guess is that if your defenders don't have very high pace/anticipation, you might be better off not using the maximum size pitch. The defensive line in this tactic is very high, and with a big pitch that means lots of space behind your defenders for the opposition to exploit.

I'm man city in 2nd season, here's my team:

Gk:Mandanda/Given

DL: Balzaretti/Molinaro

DC: Demichelis/Jagielka

DC: Richards/Fazio

DR: Srna/Zabaleta

ML: Buonanotte/Robinho

MC: Moutinho/Veloso

MC: Fabregas/Riquelme

MR: Ribery/Sanchez

ST: Aguero/Robinho

ST: Vagner Love/G. Fernandez

I concede early goals like say in the 3rd minute, just build up play from the other team and its like my defence just lets them through on goal.

As you can see, i have Demichelis and Richards as my first choice CB's, Demichelis has 15 for sprint speed and acceleration and i think Richards has 17 for sprint speed and 18 for acceleration.

Well

GK=default

RB=stay back

LB=stay back

CB=Challenge keeper (best header,jumping,bravery, strength)

CB=Attack far post

RM=attack ball from deep

LM=attack ball from deep

CM=lurk outside area (bets longshooting CM)

CM=anything inside big box

ST=attack balll from deep

ST=attack ball from deep

I get many more goals from corners now.

In fact, I just want to keep the Piranha V6 tactic as it is (since the tactic is really amazing) with just a change for the two strikers.

What is your advice? I've tried all the changes so far (mentality, run with the ball, more pressing...) but nothing really convinced me.

I don't want me strikers to score 35 goals a season but 20-25 would be fine ;-)

In fact, I just want to keep the Piranha V6 tactic as it is (since the tactic is really amazing) with just a change for the two strikers.

What is your advice? I've tried all the changes so far (mentality, run with the ball, more pressing...) but nothing really convinced me.

I don't want me strikers to score 35 goals a season but 20-25 would be fine ;-)

i posted one on the last page. had the strikers swapping positions one as a free role. the cm swapping and had the rm as free role and full creative freedom. worked awesome for messi

sleepydude your tactic is good but the corner routine needs improving, i dont get as many goals from corners from your routine

TB's corners uses an exploit, which is why you're seeing a dropoff when using someone else's modifications which doesn't use the exploit.

i posted one on the last page. had the strikers swapping positions one as a free role. the cm swapping and had the rm as free role and full creative freedom. worked awesome for messi

Thanks,

I'm going to give it a try as few guys were quite enthusiastic!

I'll give U an update mate!

well, I see that not many had success with the sleepy version. I think I might be the exception. I was using Home the V6 and the original one that sleepy based its changes, and away a more defensive tactic from another forum. In my 5th season with Man city, I already have won everything there is to win. Nevertheless, I don´t know if the AI finally cracked it, against bigger teams I was really struggling with what I consider to be a fabulous team. So in the end of the 5th Season I tried the sleepy version. I can tell you that my players loved this tactic so much that I have not once used the defensive version. I was unbeaten for the rest of the season and won once again the CL by eliminating first Man U (H 5:1 - A 4:2) the Barca (A 1:0 - H 3:0) and Milan in the final (2:0).

I started my 6th season and won all 5 first games including an away win by 5:0 to Man U.

My pre-season matches were very impressing giving me results like 7:1 and 8:0 against At. Madrid and Porto.

I´m just loving this tactic! My strikers finally started scoring more goals and the wingers seem to play with more confidence. Of course my team has gelled over the years, especially the defence that plays together from several years, except for Sergio ramos who was the 5th season big purchase.

My starting eleven

GK

Akinfeev

DD

Sergio Ramos

DE

Sakho

DC

Fazio (chalenges the keeper)

Micah Richards

MD

Cristiano Ronaldo

ME

Zhirkov

MC

Moutinho

Messi (the creative and more attacking position)

ST

Bojan

Vagner Love

I have substitutes like Srna, Veloso, Marquinhos, Howedes, Saivet among others.

I will keep you updated using the tactic.

I've been trying Piranha V.6 that named Barca Piranha Messi for almost a week and i get great results.The best tactic i've seen in 9.0.3.They expected me to relegate but i finished in top 5.In my other carreer i won the EC Cup,League Cup and the Premier League in my first year.

Thanks man.

I've been trying Piranha V.6 that named Barca Piranha Messi for almost a week and i get great results.The best tactic i've seen in 9.0.3.They expected me to relegate but i finished in top 5.In my other carreer i won the EC Cup,League Cup and the Premier League in my first year.

Thanks man.

No prob's. Happy to help :)

Mrefc80: Do you lower team mentality like TB's original tactic when away???

According to my very first games, strikers are scoring, the attack is overall better

The only time i i change when playing away is when i play the really good teams. I tend to put messi/rm the same as lm so taking free role off him. I start the match like that then see how it goes. Switch back if i'm in control of the match

Well

GK=default

RB=stay back

LB=stay back

CB=Challenge keeper (best header,jumping,bravery, strength)

CB=Attack far post

RM=attack ball from deep

LM=attack ball from deep

CM=lurk outside area (bets longshooting CM)

CM=anything inside big box

ST=attack balll from deep

ST=attack ball from deep

I get many more goals from corners now.

Thnaks for the advice. I see that the other CB is attacking the far post... interesting. Do you get any goals from this position? I use this CB with the "near post flick on" instruction and besides the usuall 25 goals per season from Fazio (challenges the keeper) I also see Micah richards score 7 to 8 goals per season with this particular instruction.

Playing with the Eagle as Bilbao, so far mixed results. Played 5, won 3, lost 2. I seem to get very few shots per match, but it's early days yet and the losses were to Villareal and Real Madrid. Barcelona up next.

I have the feeling that the Barca Piranha is maybe a bit more efficient considering strikers but far less solid than the original V6. For me, the changes should just concern the 2 strikers, There must be a way to improve the goal-scoring.

There is no answer at the moment! Tyler is working on it. But nobody has a real clue on how to solve the scoring problem

Give them more CF and make the left striker swap position with the right forward. At least thats what i do, and it seems to be working.

Using the eagle formation with Man City Only just managed to finish fourth in EPL first season, was the only team to beat Man Utd though - twice!!

Only problem is i concede alot of goals and rely alot on CB's scoring from corners which is unrealistic.

The opposition get too many chances, so on the whole a mixed tactic for me but one i'd like to see improved!!

Has anyone made a successful remake of the eagle?