Englischer Fussball Bund - 03/04 (EFB-03/04)

Goldy

Thanks Marlow, since Pete has come in he has certainly "upgraded" our updates with doing some wonderful banners......even when we don't ask, he does them and his work is fantastic, so thank you Peter.

Tribute to everyone in the game though, just like EFB1, we have a fantastic core of CM players who have the key elements to make a network game as good as this, full credit to each and everyone one of them. icon_smile.gif

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanx for the feedback marlow and guys on the banners, i would not say they are good but they do the job of bringing our clan game to life.

Andy its my loss of form that see's you top, we will see with our run ins who comes out top shall we icon_smile.gif good luck tho.

PNE_CLAN_PIC.jpg

Thursday session

The FA Cup rd 6

6 March 10 Newcastle (h)

Now this was the game I was looking forward to as at the moment we were starting to have the self belief that we could yet pull of a cup shock.

As both teams come out onto the pitch I am filled with a lot of pride on what we are trying to do here at Deepdale. We are in the top 3 of the league and now playing against one of the favourites for the cup after we had knocked out the holders Manchester United in an early round.

We seem to get off to a flying start and make sure that Newcastle are under the cosh from the start as we don’t want them to get into their swing of playing. Also we are trying to send a message out to them that we are not scared of you and bring it on baby, Give it your best shot attitude.

The deadlock is broken after 6 minutes from a guy who gets his 50th goal for the club 1-0 to PNE as Arthur gets the goal with a fine move down the wing.

We are always on the attack and think we have caught out Newcastle on an off day as they show no signs of getting back into the match. You can tell how much we are attacking them as its Tim Howard who is made MoM for today’s game.

With as little as 10 minutes to go, we are caught out with a long ball straight down the middle. With no one making the effort to take charge of this ball we are caught out from the bounce and speed of it, apart for one player on the pitch who gets on the end of it and volleys the ball into the net. Yakubua has got the goal for Newcastle to bring the game back to 1-1.

We try to get the winning goal but to no avail. Alas we have a replay and a money spinning tie in a week’s time

End Result… PNE Draw 1-1

Scorers Arthur 6th.

MoM T Howard …Newcastle 9/10

10 March 10 Bristol City (h)

With another home game we get a good crowd at Deepdale to play the team that at the start of today’s play lie in 9th spot. This young man from our back 5 gets onto the score sheet yet again as he pops up with a header after just 50 seconds. Davies is on a scoring run at the club at the moment and long may it last.

We seem to put the game to bed when Arthur gets yet another few goals for the club. This is just the response I was after the little setback in the last game.

End Result… PNE Win 3-0

Scorers Davies 1st, Arthur 36th, 62nd.

MoM Arthur…PNE 10/10

13 March 10 Barnsley (a)

Due to being kicked out of the game at this stage I was not in charge for this game. My assistant manager E Gray was put in charge and what a mess he made of it. Not only did he decide to change a few players around he also decided in his infinite wisdom to change the tactic.

This was a game that I need to win to keep up with Andy’s Derby at the top and seeing as I was playing a team in 16th place it should have been a win.

Looking at the stats of the game we had to come back from 1-0 down after 49 minutes which we only just did with a goal from Wilson after 81 minutes.

End Result… PNE Draw 1-1

Scorers Wilson 81st

MoM Mears…Barnsley 8/10

The Replay

The FA Cup rd 6 replay

17 March 10 Newcastle (a)

What a crowd, we turn up to our biggest crowd we have played in when 48,231 turn up to see us play at St James park

We have to change a few players around after our last game and I think we have a slight chance of getting something out of the game even if we might get beat I do believe this should give the confidence to the lads that they are capable of playing at a higher level.

Blinkhorn who my coaches say should get a run in the team repays the faith to me by getting 2 quick goals in the match to take us to a 2-0 lead at half time. I tell the lads what ever happens from now on try to get to the ball first and to concentrate for the next 50 minutes yes you heard 50 minutes as I want to make sure there are no slip ups like in the first game where we were caught napping.

We are put under a lot of pressure this half and we seem to see the true black and whites. They do get a goal back from their player Kristiansen (51st minute) but this is going to be the only goal for them today that will be classed as a legit goal. They had got the ball in the net 2 more times but were ruled of for a foul and an off side.

We had done it and made it to the Semi- finals and we were going to be playing Arsenal who had early got through their tie.

End Result… PNE Win 2-1

Scorers Blinkhorn 40th, 41st.

MoM Arthur…PNE 8/10

20 March 10 Southampton (a)

We were not at the races today as we are torn apart from the off. James Beattie had our whole team at sixes and sevens with his outstanding play. No matter what we tried to do we could not get a grip of the game and were lucky to come away with just a 2-1 defeat.

This might be a game to soon after our win in the cup as the lads seem to be on cloud nine still.

End Result… PNE Lose 2-1

Scorers Woodhouse 65th.

MoM Beattie…Southampton 10/10

31 March 10 Crystal Palace (h)

What ever we tried we just could not break down the palace defence. The result puts us in front of Derby by 1 point but with a game in hand on them, so we are still in with a chance of making it a tight title race.

End Result… PNE Draw 0-0

Scorers none

MoM Hill…Palace 9/10

3 April 10 Peterborough (a)

This is my first chance to play against Edan’s team and tactic.

We are not having the best of runs at the moment and this might be a game that we do not want to play at the time being as Edan’s Posh are on a good run of form.

We go behind to a well worked goal from Ze Mario after 26 minutes who had split our defence like a hot knife going through butter. Arthur does bring the game back to 1-1 after 36 minutes and we both go into the half time break level.

Something tells me that Edan was the happier manager as his team were slowly taking a hold of the game and my players were showing a bit of tiredness and lack of conviction. Edan had got his team playing as a unit and went ahead again with their defender Riley putting the ball into the net with a header from a corner.

We do get the next goal, but for us it was in the wrong net and it was our young keeper Hudson who decided to push the ball into his own net after another corner.

So we lose to Peterborough and if truth was known we were out played and the players did not have a clue on how to combat the tactic that was put in front of them, even when we tried to change our formation we still could not find that spark. Today also we are now behind Derby in the race for the title and on this form I think we would be lucky to win another match.

End Result… PNE Lose 3-1

Scorers Arthur 36th.

MoM Riley…Peterborough 9/10

So we have had a good start to the session but have fallen of the tracks near the end of the night. We have got into the next round of the cup and are still in with a chance of the league so all aint to bad, considering that at the start of the season all the board wanted was to build the team up and stave of relegation.

More to follow…

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chef:

thanx for the feedback marlow and guys on the banners, i would not say they are good but they do the job of bringing our clan game to life.

Andy its my loss of form that see's you top, we will see with our run ins who comes out top shall we icon_smile.gif good luck tho. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep should be a good end to the season for us both. Good luck to you Peter. icon_smile.gif

edan what you do is you right click on the banner and move your curser down to properties in the box.

left click on properties and another box comes up.

you then copy the address of the pic ie:- this...

http://img49.photobucket.com/albums/v149/chef580/edan_clan.jpg

and you then open up the 9th small square on this "the display image box", left click on this box and then paste the address that you have into here.then you hit ok on the side of the box .

from here it should be bound with the code to give you the picture when its posted.

edan_

a bit like this but i have taken out some of the address so you can see what your looking for

that should be it for you to get your pic done. hope this helps

derby.jpg

Rams Review - Are They Falling From Grace????

After a fantastic opening to the season are the signs of being top dogs in Division One starting to get to the players of Derby. Recent performances they have looked nervous. Here is a rundown of the latest games in Derby's quest for glory....

The League Campaign

Derby v Oldham - (H) - 1-1

A game Hepburn was at first elated that soon turned to frustration as Derby did not manage to capture another three points. They created and spurned numerous chances after taking a 1-0 advantage just before half time. It was right winger matthew Piper grabbing the goal with a superb drive. Four minutes from time Oldham caught the Derby defence napping and Ramon Calliste took the opportunity to grab the draw for Oldham.

Derby v Crewe - (H) - 1-0

After the disappointment of the last game it was onto the training pitch for shooting practice. It did not seem to help the players much as Derby again failed to hit the target as often as they should. A game they dominated did not reflect the scoreline as Crewe were never in this game. Nigel Reo-Coker got the all important winning goal at least but Hepburn was still not happy but at least a repeat of the Oldham game did not occur.

Derby v Nottm Forest - (H) - 3-0

It was back onto the training pitch for more shooting practice and for the visit of Nottm Forest and it finally paid off. Again they were dominant all over the pitch and created numerous chances. In previous games they did not finish the fine build up play but for a change they put the ball in the back of the net. Marijin Mulders opened the scoring with a superb 25 yard drive. Further goals in the second half from the outstanding Matthew Piper and Josip Kovacic's first ever goal for Derby gave Derby a handsome win and made Hepburn much happier at full time.

Sheffield Wednesday v Derby - (A) - 0-2

Another tough outing against Shffield Wednesday and they proved they are a match for anyone on their day. It was another case of Jonny Wilkinson type shooting from Derby who again failed to muster more than one shot on target in ninety minutes. Sheffield Wednesday on the other hand created a couple of chances and took them to give them the victory.

Gravesend v Derby - (A) - 2-2

A game Derby were lucky to escape with a draw as Gravesend really put in a superb performance that left Derby quite shocked. It had all started so well for Derby as Nigel Reo-Coker put them ahead after only two minutes. Then Gravesend started to dictate play and went in 2-1 ahead at half time. Derby came out and snatched an equaliser two minutes into the second half through Tomi Petrescu but then Gravesend came back strongly into the game and were unlucky not to win the game.

Derby v Fulham - (H) - 2-0

After a stutterly period it was relief that Derby got back to winning ways. Preston were now breathing down their necks and on a fine run of form. Hepburn had to get Derby back to winning ways and fast. They entertained Fulham to Pride Park and finally got the win they were looking for to kickstart their season. It was not the most pretty of games as both sides showed great commitment and determination but not much skill or flair. Man of the match Danny Coid got Derby off to a flying start with a great goal after only two minutes. American striker Landon Donovan added another to Derby's lead before half time and it was enough in the end to give them three vital points a great boost in confidence.

Southampton v Derby - (A) - 2-1

This game came alive with five minutes to go as both teams seemed edgy throughout this game. Two goals in two minutes gave Derby a two goal cushion only for Southampton to pull one back in the last minute to set up a frantic finish. Goals from Landon Donovan and Tomi Petrescu gave Derby the win.

Derby v Cheltenham - (H) - 1-1

Hepburn must have left Pride park wondering how on earth Derby did not get all three points from this game. To be fair Cheltenham created a handful of chances but Derby had most of the game. It was another case of Jonny Wilkinson type shooting from Derby. All Hepburn could do is watch his team spurn chance after chance. It took a centre half to open the scoring for Derby, that defender being Simon Francis from a great header. Derby did not build on this lead due to their woeful shooting and Cheltenham capitalised on one of their few opportunities and scored an equaliser eleven minutes from time. They then shut up shop and the game ended a draw much to the annoyance of Hepburn.

Bristol City v Derby - (A) - 1-3

Derby were suffering from a hangover in this game after their dismal performance against Cheltenham. They could not get going and let Bristol City dominate them from start to finish. Darren Campbell grabbed a goal for Derby but could not buil don this goal. Very disappointing game.

Derby v Crystal Palace - (H) - 2-1

A great return to form for Derby here in what was a great game to watch. Both teams went for it but Derby soon got the upperhand and began to dominate the game. Against the run of play Palace took a surprise lead from their very first attack that stunned the Derby fans. Derby showed real character to come back into the game and in the second half they got their reward. A Supat Rungratsamee double sealed the win for Derby. It was a rare appearance from the striker after missing almost four months of the season so far. The winning margin could have been greater but they settled for another win.

Derby v Barnsley - (H) - 3-2

With a renewed confidence the Derby team took to the field for the visit of Barnsley. Another great performance from Derby saw them emerge as victors again. Marijin Mulders opened the scoring after only five minutes and Derby built on this lead by adding another before half time through Supat Rungratsamee. Barnsley pulled one back early in the second half but Richard Evans scored his first goal for the club to restore Derby's two goal advantage. Barnsley did manage another goal but by then it was too late. Another good performance from Derby.

Preston v Derby - (A) - 0-2

A top of the table clash saw Derby travel to Preston for this titanic battle. Well it was meant to be a titanic battle but proved to be a one sided affair as Preston dominated the game and limited Derby to two half chances both that went flying over the bar. Credit has to go to Peter Smith for his spot on tactics. It also blew the title race wide open.

Millwall v Derby - (A) - 4-1

The Derby players were in no mood to mess about in this game as they knew they had let everyone down in the top of the table clash with Preston. Poor Millwall who were unlucky not to take something from the game as the scoreline flattered Derby to an extent. Both teams had their chances but Millwall found Carlo Nash in fine form. Derby on the other hand took the chances that came their way for once. The higlight of the match was a double from loan signing Tomi Petrescu with further goals from Landon Donovan and Richard Evans giving Derby a superb victory.

Peterbrough v Derby - (A) - 1-2

It was one of the shock results of the season so far as Peterbrough lying mid table in Division One overcame the odds and defeated Derby. Manager Edan Waldman was away on a scouting mission and left his assistant in charge and they came up trumps for him. Peterbrough dominated this one and Hepburn was left in a daze as to how his team had played so badly. Terrible game.

Derby v Cardiff - (H) - 2-0

Derby went into this game with one thing on their mind - REVENGE. Having lost to Cardiff earlier in the season Derby did not need to be motivated for this game. They went into this game all guns blazing and produced a superb performance took make up for their dismal performance at Ninian Park. Every Derby player was on the top of their game and Cardiff were never in this game. Centre half Simon Francis put Derby ahead right on half time with a great header. The match was not totally in the bag until the final minute when Landon Donovan put the match beyond doubt.

With only a handful of games left Derby are in a fine position to win the title but preston are right behind them waiting for a Derby slip up.

rouchie were into the 5th game in the league as we all stayed on till 1.30 as we were having a wicked time.

my PNE lost to you on pens in charity shield after it was 2-2.

your lying in 8th place in league im in 7th just on goal diffrence infront of you but robs Torquay is top on goal diffrence from darren's man utd,they both aint lost a game yet icon_frown.gif

you have only won the 1 game this season and that was your game v birmingham i think.

hope this helps icon_biggrin.gif

PNE_CLAN_PIC.jpg

Monday Session

FA Cup Semi Final

7 April 10 Arsenal (n)

So off to Wembley for our Semi final we go, as we try and put out another Premier league team out of the cup. So far we have seen off Man Utd and Newcastle from the premier Division and now we try to put our wits against Arsenal.

I decided to play a 5-3-2 to try and keep some shape to stop their danger man Henry getting a run at goal. So here is the team I put out: -

· A Lonergan

· C Laurie

· M Hall (Cpt)

· N Davies

· M Price

· D Shaw

· R Gibbons

· H Yahiaoui

· L Whitehouse

· K Moran

· A Arthur

Subs

· R Hudson

· N Rhodes

· M Blinkhorn

· C Woodhouse

· T Kroll

So with the weather dry and a crowd of 67,334 out to watch it was all down to the Ref Mark Halsey to get the game underway. Arsenal starts the game and goes on the attack from the start. We have to bring on the physio on after the first few minutes to Davies as Alan Smith had gone in hard and left his foot in.

Arthur was not happy with the ref’s decision at the free kick given to Arsenal when hall was alleged to have fouled Feulner and so doing got himself in the ref’s little black book, and the free kick 10 yards closer for having a go at the ref.

From the free kick we had hit Arsenal on the break as the ball was played up to Moran to keep. The fast running Arthur was up with him in the box and got the pass he wanted. On the far post was Arthur who just sidestepped the ball into the net after only 11 minutes. 1-0 to PNE surly we can’t do over the Arsenal now could we?

We seemed to hold out in the first half and if truth was known we were the better team as we had had more possession and shots at goal than them. My team were looking that they could go on and win this, but I had to tell them we had to watch out for the backlash as the Gooners would be hurt at playing so poorly and with just the 1 goal in it we could not get to over confident.

Second Half

A through ball from Gibbons had found Arthur wide on the left who then raced down the wing and cut inside to head to the box. He got himself into a position where he could pick out a pass for Yahiaoui to run onto and shoot. Bang 2-0 to PNE we were on cloud nine but it was only the 53rd minute so anything could still happen.

The thing did happen as we were pulled back to 2-1 ahead when Hall had made a last ditch attempt to get the ball off Henry but only caught his legs while he was in the box. A penalty to Arsenal where Andrews gladly said thanks you very much for his goal on the 60th minute.

Not to be out shone and out done Arthur made a run for goal from a pass from Yahiaoui. With the defence trying to close Arthur down he got himself onto the edge of the left hand side of the box and waited for Lehmann to make a move. As the keeper was rushing out Arthur with the outside of the left boot blasted a shoot into the far corner 3-1 to PNE and only 62 minutes gone.

Lehmann gets a goal kick where it goes out to Walsh out on the right side of the pitch. With his control and vision he floats a ball over the head of Davies to find Henry waiting just behind him to control the ball and fire a bullet of a shoot at the goal. With the ball going so fast our keeper cant quite keep the ball out so its now 3-2 to PNE and all this after only 66 minutes.

But stand by your beds the drama aint over yet as what you have seen is that we have had a mad few minutes to the game. Well it just gets madder as Arthur get his hat trick with a goal similar to the last one but this time he put to keepers right 4-2 to PNE and the game is 67 minutes old.

Going into the last 10 minutes of the game and seeing as some players had run their hearts out I had to change a few players. Doing this they could not get the feel of the game and we were punished yet again with a penalty in which Andrews steps up and puts away to make the game 4-3 to PNE.

With my team starting to run out of gas I decided to play it a bit more defensive but try to hit the Arsenal on the break as playing 5 at the back Arsenal had put 4 upfront to try and get something from the game, And only left 2 in the midfield.

Bingo we had done it we were through to the final. Blinkhorn had got our 5th goal on the stroke of full time.

We were going to a final for the first time since 1964 and if we win the cup it would be only the 3rd time as the last time was 1938. But stopping us would be another Manchester team but this time the blue half. We were up against Man City.

End Result… PNE...Win 5-3

Scorers Arthur 11th, 62nd,66th, Yahiaoui 53rd, Blinkhorn 90th.

MoM Yahiaoui..PNE 10/10

Having got a player that isn’t happy in the ranks I decided to try and get a bit of cash for the young striker K Wilson who was looking for first team action. Up pop Sunderland to take him away from me for £130k, not bad seeing as I got him on a free last season the only trouble is they are my rivals for the promotion spot to the Prem. Lucky for me the sale don’t go through till next season.

10 April 10 Brentford (h)

Well after my surprised win in the cup it was down to the main business of getting some points on the door to try and catch Derby and keep away from Sunderland.

Well we keep the same tactic but have to change a few players as they have not recovered from 3 days ago. The team to play is as follows

· A Lonergan

· C Laurie

· M Hall (Cpt)

· N Davies

· M Duberry

· D Shaw

· R Gibbons

· D Mason

· L Whitehouse

· M Blinkhorn

· H Porarinsson

Subs

· R Hudson

· N Rhodes

· A Arthur

· C Woodhouse

· T Kroll

When we start we seem to be a bit stiff in the legs and it takes a few good minutes for us to find our stride. Gibbons gets the ball off Shaw just outside the box. He passes the ball over to the right of the box where Blinkhorn is there to gather it and take a shot at the keeper. He gets the first shot off but the keeper saves and pushes the ball out from his chest, Blinkhorn pounces and has another shot but this time it goes in 1-0 to PNE after 25 minutes and just what the doctor ordered.

As we try to push up for an offside a 1-2 catches us out with the strikers. Davies seems to play a back pass to the keeper who makes a mess of things and long is on hand to put the ball in the net 1-1.

The second half we try to get on top off things but seeing as the pitch is heavy and the lad’s legs are running on empty we have to settle for a point.

We are still 2nd in league after this result and its bum twitching time for the run in me thinks

End Result… PNE...Draw 1-1

Scorers Blinkhorn 25th.

MoM Laurie..PNE 8/10

17 April 10 Cardiff (h)

So after our last game we go into this home game wanting a win to keep the pressure on Derby. The game its self is a one sided affair as we go on the attack and give no rest bite to the visitors. At the end of the game the match stats give us a 17 –2 shots at goal.

We do win the game from 2 goals from Porarinsson in 5 minutes. With what has happened so far into the season its looking good for the run in, and each player is now trying to get that all important start that might get them the place in the team for the cup game.

End Result… PNE...Win 2-0

Scorers Porarinsson 66th, 68th.

MoM Porarinsson..PNE 9/10

21 April 10 Rotherham (a)

This was a game that did not come to life until the 2nd half. It was a pass from Gibbons who found Shaw unmarked in the centre of the park who hit a first time pass for Mason to get onto it to hit the ball under the advancing keeper.

Arthur who has been on fire these last few months gets into the act by getting a goal from a breakaway attack that saw Blinkhorn get to the dead ball line for a cross to the penalty spot where Arthur blasted the ball past the keeper.

A bit of misunderstanding at the back saw Rotherham’s Marsh get a goal in the dying minutes of the game. The defence had pushed up to play an offside but Yahiaoui had tracked back and played him on side.

With seconds to go Arthur gets his 2nd off the game and PNE 3rd.

End Result… PNE...Win 3-1

Scorers Mason 48th, Arthur 64th, 90th.

MoM Mason..PNE 10/10

24 April 10 Charlton (a)

This is a game that if we win we could go top for 24hrs ok it might be by 2 points and by playing 1 game more, but I believe that if we do go top it will make our lads think anything is possible and hopefully put a slight wedge of doubt into the Derby team and manager

Things did not got to plan. We were soon out of position on one of Charlton’s attacks and we were 1-0 down. We had tried to get back into the match but were finding it hard going as Charlton were always one step ahead of my players.

We did get a break from some poor defending as they had let in Mason for his first goal of this match. With this goal giving us the hope that we could get something out of the match Arthur was unlucky to see his shot hit the post and come back into the arms of the keeper.

With a lot of shouting at my players in the half time break of them not showing the commitment to the club and the loyal fans the squad of players that were picked for today’s game went out and tried to put their poor first half performance behind them.

After 61 minutes Porarinsson had a shot at the keeper from inside the box. Nicky Weaver tried to get his body behind the ball only to see the ball hit a divot and bounce over his left shoulder. 2-1 to PNE now was this the break we needed?

With the renewed vigour in the team Arthur was found with space when a header from Porarinsson had found him running at the defence. With a one on one Arthur had slotted the ball past Weaver to make the game 3-1 after 63 minutes. 2 goals in 2 minutes had turned the game around.

Rhodes who had early been a pain in the backside to our defence all day had got his and Charlton’s second of the game. must get my scouts out to take a closer look at this guy, could be one for the future

With only 4 minutes to go we have a penalty awarded to us after Cross had held back Arthur while he was in full flight. The resulting penalty was duly put away to give us that all important win .

End Result… PNE...Win 4-2

Scorers Mason 28th, Porarinsson 61st, Arthur 64th, Yahiaoui 86th, (pen)

MoM Mason..PNE 10/10

With only 2 games to go we find ourselves back in 2nd place in the league as Derby had got result they needed. Both of us were still not sure of going up as Sunderland were still getting the results to keep in touch with us both.

That time of month again see’s the players awards handed out. For us it was pleasing to see the young midfielder come into the team and give me such a headache that I had to keep him in the team after getting in due to a suspension.

Player of the month for April is Mason

More to follow…

You don’t have to wait long as the next update is …..

Now

Tuesday Session

Well this is it, its make or break time for me and my team. With only 2 games to play in the league and a cup final to go to its twitchy bums time in the PNE camp.

1 May 10 Watford (h)

Bring it on my team mean business as we had a goal feast here at Deepdale today. Poor old Watford were on the wrong end of a hiding today as my players were all trying to put their case forward for a starting place in the cup final.

We opened up the goals as soon as the 5th minute and after that there was no looking back

This result still keeps my team in second but we do know that we are promoted to the Premiership as Sunderland slip up in their game. Now it’s all down to who has the most bottle to win the league.

We have a local derby for our next match as we are away at 5th placed Bolton, where Derby are away at Oldham who lying 16th in league don’t have a lot to play for.

End Result… PNE...Win 6-0

Scorers Mason 4th, Porarinsson 20th, Arthur 22nd, 58th, 60th, Kroll 84th,

MoM Arthur..PNE 10/10

9 May 10 Bolton (a)

Do I not like Vaz Te this guy had single handily turned this game on its head. My defence had no answer to this guys pace and close control. This guy’s work today makes him come away with the match ball for his hat trick and a good hat trick it was in my opinion.

At the end of the first half we did take the lead from our striker and man of the moment Arthur.

Into the second we are brought back to earth with a penalty against us and Vaz Te steps up and puts it to our keepers left. We do get our heads in front again and stay in front for the rest of the match.

So we have won this game all we can now do is wait for the Oldham v Derby result to see which team is crowned as champions.

End Result… PNE...Win 4-3

Scorers Arthur 43rd, Mason 64th, Shaw 72nd, Gibbons 89th.

MoM Shaw..PNE 10/10

The result we were waiting for was that we were crowned champions of the division for the first time since 1951 Derby had lost and we had won the league by 2 points.

Due to the result we were awarded £1.7 million a nice little earner to us, just for kicking a leather air bag around

So we had one trophy in the cabinet, now could we go and get the FA Cup to make it a season to remember.

FA Cup Final

22 May 10 Man City (n)

So lets look at the players who have made it to the game. After having a few players miss out due to injuries we have had to change the midfield.

· R Hudson

· C Laurie

· M Hall (Cpt)

· N Davies

· M Price

· D Shaw

· T Kroll

· H Yahiaoui

· L Whitehouse

· M Blinkhorn

· A Arthur

Subs

· D Birchall

· N Rhodes

· C Woodhouse

· D Poole

· C Burrows

We have seen in the past that we can hold our own against the Premier league teams and this was no different. In an even Steven first half we do find ourselves going in front from our player of the year Arthur who by scoring the goal had injured himself in the process.

Blinkhorn had broken down the right hand side of the pitch and floated a cross into the box for Kroll to hit. The ball came off keeper only for the ball to end up going to Arthur to knock it in for 1-0.

Going a goal behind seemed to have knocked the stuffing out of City as we ran out winners and a game where we felt that we were in control as we kept their forwards at bay with some hard and fair tackling.

Both teams I think need to concentrate on their shooting as both teams did not have a good ratio to shots on target to shots being taken.

This win has put us into Europe for the new season and given the board members an extra £2 million for them to bank.

This also was our 3rd win of the cup and the last one being in 1938.

End Result… PNE...Win 1-0

Scorers Arthur 44th,

MoM Hall..PNE 9/10

End of Season Awards

Players select team Division 1

Arthur, Shaw, Laurie

Player of the month for May Arthur

Young player of the month for May Shaw

Manager of the year 1st Me.. PNE 2nd Andy…Derby

So there you have it for my Double trophy season. Who would have thought it that we would have done so well? I did not I just hope this is the start of something big as during my last week of management I was approached by 3 teams Man City, Arsenal, Norwich but I want to try and build a team and squad here that can challenge for the main prize of the Division and in Europe. So for the time being I’m staying put.

The board have announced that they are in the process of adding an extra 11,113 seats and given me a transfer budget of £4million to get the next batch of players in.

And the first game up for me will be the charity shield against Rouchie’s Diablos West ham at the start of the new season. So till then….

More to follow…

rouchie2-sig-3.jpg

Champions Again!! This season its Europe - 09/10

As we enter April, West Ham are in need of just a few more wins to secure the title. Unfortunately they go out of the Champions league, West Ham have only the league to focus on again and produce three wins on the bounce and a stylish 9-0 to ensure the title remains at Upton park icon_biggrin.gif They finish the last four games with 2 further wins and 2 draws, the final home game a bitter sweet moment as West Ham beat Spurs 2-1!

Wed, 7.4.2010 19:45 H Tottenham Champions Cup Qtr Final Leg 2 0 : 1

Sun, 11.4.2010 16:00 H Liverpool Premier Division 4 : 1

Sat, 17.4.2010 15:00 A Wolves Premier Division 2 : 0

Sat, 24.4.2010 15:00 H Blackburn Premier Division 9 : 0

Wed, 28.4.2010 19:30 A Stevenage Premier Division 0 : 0

Sun, 2.5.2010 16:00 A Hull Premier Division 2 : 2

Sun, 9.5.2010 16:00 H Tottenham Premier Division 2 : 0

Sun, 16.5.2010 15:00 A Aston Villa Premier Division 2 : 1

So the Hammers really are Champions again, an amazing third successive title, but the manager is becoming increasingly frustrated at the lack of European success and will be looking to break this duck in 2011-2012. News on the end of season awards and transfers to follow.

PNE_CLAN_PIC.jpg

Thursday Session

The new start in the Prem

So I have my team up with the big boys now the hard work starts ….so of to try and find a few players that might make my life a little bit easy in the Premiership

Transfer News

We have decided to spend a bit of the money the kind board members have given me.

· D Prutton £700k from Liverpool

· R Vaz Te £500k from Bolton

· M Troest £850k from Norwich

· A Davies Free

· K Marsh Free

· M Oates Free

· N Dunn Free

But as we have spent a bit of money we have had a couple of players that are just on the fringes of the 1st team and youth players that we and the backroom staff believe wont make the grade and have decided to let them go to further their careers.

Pre Season Games

At the time of going to print my team are in the process of playing a few games in Holland so here is what I have for you guys

19 July 10 Hoek (a) 0-0 Draw

21 July 10 Ado Den Haag (a) 0-1 lost

24 July 10 VVV Venlo (a) 0-2 lost

Well so far it don’t look to good for my team, but its early days yet

More to follow…

edan_clan.jpg

well after finishing the league in a very good form ,finishing 12 only 5 points from playoff becuase the bad start of last seasonso we will need to try agian this year.

about players

i have signed martin simpson ,striker from man city for only 190k .nad signed some young players ,building the club for the future .

i have only 1.2 milion for new signings so i didnt find anyone for now .

in 4 months the stadium should be expanded by 7000 more seats.

and i am expecting to win the div 1 series this year .

andy

at least it is an update non the less, but like andy said could we have a bit more info on what has happened at your ground last season. thought you might have said about your empathic win against my high flying PNE team? must not have been that important to you that game icon_eek.gif

we look forward with baited breath for your next update icon14.gif

Anyway, lets not dwell on this situation guys.

We'll sort it out "in-house" with edan and continue rolling our quality updates out and as a clan, we'll work with edan to improve the standard of his updates icon_smile.gif

stephen_clan_pic.jpg

Planet Stevenage : While The Managers Away The Assistant Will Play!

Fans of Stevenage, fans of the Boro, due to my absence in the latter part of the season, I cannot give much detail into our match reports at all. Absence was due to illness and non-cm related issues and I’ve not had enough time to catch up and record our progress, but please read on, I did get the vital end of season information!

Europe

Well the Journey this season was started with myself of course. We actually faced our toughest Uefa Cup run to day, with being drawn against Spanish side Celta Vigo in the 3rd round, thankfully, we made light work of it though and cruised past the Spaniards to setup a date with Dutch giants Feyenoord, I was in charge for the first leg which was of course won with a convincing 2-0 victory at Broadhall Way. The return leg was also won with a narrow 1-0 victory to set us up with an Italian Giant! The quarter final match with Stromberg in charge will be against Lazio, it seemed like he did pretty well despite losing overall with a 1-1 draw and a 3-2 loss. We possibly could have gone further if I was there, but I wasn’t so no point on dwelling on the matter.

Premiership

Stevenage fans once more were happy with their teams performance, the board again thrilled with the commitment and good work put in by the manager.

Unfortunately I havn’t got any results to display for the latter part of the season due to my absence but after a quick look at the last few results, a draw against both West Ham and Man Utd were in there, two very good results for Stromberg, he had done a decent job while in charge of the first team and completed the season for us. Full credit to the assistant manager, although soon he will find that a new face will come into the dugout as age is starting to go against the Swede, but for now, he’s in a job and doing a decent one for us.

So where did we finish? Well, I can tell you exactly! The clubs highest ever league position has been equaled with a finishing place of 6th, exactly the same as last season. Despite actually beating our records of last season with regards of total wins and points, 6th place was ours once more, our third season in the premiership completed and the club have done very well on the small resources its got with being in the top 7 for them first three seasons. It’s certainly something to build upon and eventually, as the club grows in stature, to progress onto the bigger stage and step into ranks of the top 5 teams.

Its something that will take time to develop though as this club still needs to do a lot of growing and has been achieving targets above the boards expectations. They just got to hope that this manager stays with them for the long haul or the club could see its fortunes turn the other way!

Well there are a couple of transfers that have been completed before pre-season, the signing of 18 year old Mark Barber from Everton for 1.2million, an absolute bargain I would say, having seen the lad already played two season in the Premiership and banging some goals in, the only thing that can be said about the lad is Wayne Rooney mark two, he has bags of pace, fantastic aerial ability and strength and a great eye for goal.

Joining him will be Brazilian midfield maestro Paulinho from Hull City, for reason beyond me, the new Hull manager has decided to leave this cracking midfielder out of his team, so we’ve snapped him up before anyone else does, a great talent who is getting into his prime.

Leaving the Boro will be the legend! After careful consideration, it was time to let go, unfortunately after a couple of seasons of under performances it was time to cash in on him, we make a tidy profit from the original 150k we brought him, Magno Silva-Viera signs for Everton for 3.4million with it rising to a possible 4.3 million depending on appearances.

Watch out for the Boro Pre-season report, an in depth report to all the things that went on at the camp Boro! Movers and Shakers and much much more!

The EFB Zeitung will be posted, if all parties compete their end of season updates, will be posted by Monday to round up our latest season in EFB.

A pre-warning, this seasons EFB Zeitung will be with possibly no screenshots due to Andy being absolutely useless without me!!! he forgot to save the game for me so that I can go in and take them vital screenshots icon_biggrin.gif

But dont let that put you off......the content will still be top draw from your favourite reporter icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

The EFB Zeitung will be posted, if all parties compete their end of season updates, will be posted by Monday to round up our latest season in EFB.

A pre-warning, this seasons EFB Zeitung will be with possibly no screenshots due to Andy being absolutely useless without me!!! he forgot to save the game for me so that I can go in and take them vital screenshots icon_biggrin.gif

But dont let that put you off......the content will still be top draw from your favourite reporter icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL icon_cool.gif

You love it!!! icon_biggrin.gif

robs_clan_pic.jpg

Torquay Survive Thier 1st Premiership Season with flying colours

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Wed, 28.10.2009 | 19:45 | H | Farnborough | League Cup 3rd Rnd | | 3 : 1 |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sat, 31.10.2009 | 15:00 | A | Man Utd | Premier Division | | 1 : 0 |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Wed, 11.11.2009 | 19:30 | H | Chelsea | Premier Division | | 3 : 3 |

| Sat, 21.11.2009 | 15:00 | A | Everton | Premier Division | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 28.11.2009 | 15:00 | H | W.B.A. | Premier Division | | 0 : 2 |

| Wed, 2.12.2009 | 19:45 | A | Wrexham | League Cup 4th Rnd | | 2 : 1 |

| Sat, 12.12.2009 | 15:00 | A | Norwich | Premier Division | | 0 : 2 |

| Wed, 16.12.2009 | 19:45 | H | Oxford | League Cup Qtr Final | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 19.12.2009 | 15:00 | H | Coventry | Premier Division | | 0 : 0 |

| Wed, 23.12.2009 | 19:30 | A | Hull | Premier Division | | 0 : 8 |

| Sat, 26.12.2009 | 15:00 | A | Newcastle | Premier Division | | 0 : 3 |

| Tue, 29.12.2009 | 19:30 | H | Arsenal | Premier Division | | 3 : 2 |

| Sat, 2.1.2010 | 15:00 | H | Fulham | FA Cup 3rd Rnd | | 0 : 0 |

| Wed, 6.1.2010 | 19:30 | A | Birmingham | Premier Division | | 1 : 3 |

| Sat, 9.1.2010 | 15:00 | A | Man City | Premier Division | | 0 : 0 |

| Wed, 13.1.2010 | 19:30 | A | Fulham | FA Cup 3rd Rnd Rep | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 16.1.2010 | 15:00 | A | Liverpool | Premier Division | | 5 : 1 |

| Wed, 20.1.2010 | 19:45 | H | Man City | League Cup Semi Final Leg 1 | | 0 : 1 |

| Sat, 23.1.2010 | 15:00 | H | Wolves | Premier Division | | 0 : 0 |

| Wed, 27.1.2010 | 19:30 | H | Q.P.R. | Premier Division | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 30.1.2010 | 15:00 | A | Blackburn | Premier Division | | 1 : 0 |

| Wed, 3.2.2010 | 19:30 | A | Man City | League Cup Semi Final Leg 2 | | 3 : 1 |

| Sat, 6.2.2010 | 15:00 | A | West Ham | Premier Division | | 2 : 3 |

| Sat, 13.2.2010 | 15:00 | H | Tottenham | Premier Division | | 0 : 0 |

| Sat, 20.2.2010 | 15:00 | A | Aston Villa | Premier Division | | 1 : 2 |

| Sun, 28.2.2010 | 15:00 | N | Norwich | League Cup Final | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 6.3.2010 | 15:00 | H | Stevenage | Premier Division | | 3 : 1 |

| Sat, 13.3.2010 | 15:00 | H | Man Utd | Premier Division | | 1 : 1 |

| Wed, 17.3.2010 | 19:30 | A | Chelsea | Premier Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 20.3.2010 | 15:00 | H | Everton | Premier Division | | 6 : 2 |

| Sat, 10.4.2010 | 15:00 | A | W.B.A. | Premier Division | | 0 : 1 |

| Sun, 18.4.2010 | 14:00 | H | Norwich | Premier Division | | 4 : 1 |

| Sat, 24.4.2010 | 15:00 | A | Coventry | Premier Division | | 3 : 2 |

| Wed, 28.4.2010 | 19:30 | H | Hull | Premier Division | | 0 : 3 |

| Sat, 1.5.2010 | 15:00 | H | Newcastle | Premier Division | | 0 : 3 |

| Sat, 8.5.2010 | 15:00 | A | Arsenal | Premier Division | | 3 : 2 |

| Sun, 16.5.2010 | 15:00 | H | Birmingham | Premier Division | | 1 : 1 |

</pre>

Well there you have it, those were the results that made Torquay's 1st season in the top flight like a rollercoaster ride.

Beating Everton 6-2 one week and gettin battered 8-0 by Hull in another week it was a truly emotional trip for the players and fans at Plainmoor.

Premiership

After gettin off to a great start and flying around the top spot, Torquay were then brought back down to earth with convinincing displays from Stevenage and West Ham. This didnt effect the young lads in any way as they bounced back with back to back wins against Villa at home and the star studded Man Utd away.

There wasn't time to settle for Torquay as they had to play Norwich who were challenging for the title with West Ham. Norwich proved a too strong team for Torquay as the run rings around the new boys and even though a 2-0 doesnt tell the story it really was a walk over for The Canaries.

Next, was problabaly the worst run of games for Torquay as the were held to a 0-0 draw at Home against struggling Coventry, and then came the beatings from Hull (8-0) and then Newcastle (3-0), even though Torquay were not expected to get anything out of this game, they still performed pretty badly compared to other performances

Withe Torquays up and down results, the hovered around the 8th postion mark in the premmiership was way over the boards expectations but they started to think Torquay are actually capable of playing in the Top league in the country.

Great wins against Liverpool, Everton, Stevenage and Man Utd were definitely the best highlights for a succesfull 1st campaign for the Gulls. As the season cam to an end torquay just needed to keep winning to clinch that 8th spot but with Chelsea lerking right behing Torquay relaxed too much and Chelsea took advatange to take that 8th spot.

Overall a great 1st season in the premiership for The Gulls and greatly looking forward to improving the squad and the final postion for next season.

League Cup

3rd Round + 4th Round

As, Torquay seemed to have coped with the premiership they could start to concentrate on some Cup competitions. The first cup competition was the League Cup 3rd Round against a Farnbrough team. Torquay strolled to a 3-1 win to progress them thorugh to the 4th round with a tie against Wrexham, even though Wrexham were nowhere near the quality of Torquay they put up a stern fight keeping out the Torquay attackers, after levelling the scores 1-1 Torquay couldnt afford a replay with the amount of premiership games to go and needing all players fit, Torquay snatched a late winner to send them through.

Quarter Final

Just 2 weeks before Torquay played the 4th round of the league cup now they are plying the quarter final tie against Oxford. Peopl say Torquay got the easy tie but thats the luck you need to win cups and to draw Oxford was obviously a great result for The Gulls and they saw off Oxford with a confotable 2-0 win.

Semi-Final - Leg 1

Now the semi final, it was against Man City that were left a good squad from the rains of The Dazster and the 1st leg was at Home, instead of Torquay taking advantage at home turf first, they decided to let man City take the game to them and they sure did with a tight but convincing 1-0 win against Torquay taking that priceless away goal they could prove vital unless Torquay got thier act together.

Semi Final - Leg 2

The 2nd leg was going to be a great one as Torquay need that goal and Man city were not going to sit on a dodgy 1-0 lead so both teams were up for it, Torquay then came out of their stride to take the tie 3-2 on aggregate with a grat 3-1 at the city. Torquay are in their first major cup final.

League Cup FInal

Torquays 1st league cup final was against the title challenging Norwich. The game was a tight one with norwich taking the lead and Torquay levelling it up 1-1. It then was sent into extra time with both sets of teams already nakered, this ended up in a boring extra time interval and sending into the tense penatly shoot-out. With Torquays first 3 penalties missed this basically ended the hopes of Torquay getting any silverware as Norwich took their chance and won on penalties to take the League Cup.

Fa Cup

3rd Round

This wasnt so succesful as the league cup as a replay tie with Fulham away turned into once again penalties which we went out to once again.

Team Round Up

Goalkeepers

Marcelo Marinho - Played every game for Torquay in all competitions, had his bad moments had his good moments an overall good first full season display.

Defenders

Neil Adams - Injured most of the season but performed wonders when played either right back or wing back. Still only 19.

Terry Bennet - At 18 found most of his time on the bench but was a worthy replacement when Adams was injured. Had a good season.

Lewis buxton - One of the top performers for Torquay, I would speak highly of him but has let his own performances get to his head and put ina transfer request. Un-acceptable behaviour.

John Ashton - Freebie in from colchester, player nearly every game for Torquay and another consistent performer.

Enio - The mizzing piece to the 3 centre backs as he, buxton and ashton formed a formidable defence when in form. Great player to be respected.

Peter Coleman - At only 18 he got his chance and proved his worth keeping out Enio in some games but still has to learn a lot of football. Has a great future ahead of him.

Johnathan Heathcote - Great fill player as he slotted that left side for me when needed. Has to be sold to develop the club, sad to see him go.

Anthony Burgess - Brought in for the future and had a few games before getting a horrific injury ruling him out the whole season.

Midfielders

Isaac Osbourne - Has shown his loyalty to the club and performed wonders holding the midfield 3, sitting back and dominating the play also grabbing a hand in a few assists.

Richard Jones - May not be the most technically developed players but he has the fight and hunger for the ball which proved a great force for Torquay as he was one of the best attacking midfielders for Torquay.

James Hodges - This kid at 18 started as a left winger and has progressed into a Tenanious Centrel Attaking Midfielder and has worked wonder each time he has played. He has a great future and its only a matter of time till his first england call up.

David Bell - Great coup at 575k now valuated at about 3-4mill our only natural Attacking midfielder and created chances each time he player. Looks set to leave unless hes garanteed 1st team football.

Andy banks - At 18 a great play breaker as he fills in for the tired/injured osbourne he breaks up the opponents plays enabling Torquay to counter attack. Good future hope he stays.

John Jones - Spent most of his time on the bench but didnt moan at all, great loyalty to the club.

Strikers

Advaldo - Slow started had a great first game then suddenly died with poor performances, but towards the end he put in some great performances with assists and goals to show.

David Graham - Was supposed to be Advaldos partner all season but got a horrific injury ruling him out for 8 months shame for him as he was the man who took torquay to the premiership.

Ben Harrison - A 19yr old old fashioned striker. Loves to poach on those loose balls and loves a good old fashioned route 1 through ball goal. 20+ goals for the season and devloping each month replced David Graham with style.

Serge Makofo - Filled in the gap when needed, contribruted with some goals also.

David Alexander - Sold in the january transfer window but put in some great perforamnces in the league cup.

Chris Martin - Brought in during Januray Transfer window and got his first goal for the club against everton good prospect.

Rodrigo Tiui - Brought in from Fluminese in january Transfer Window, didnt have much time to prove himself as Advaldo and Harrison took centre Stage.

Robs Star Player for the season

Arthur - The Preston so called winger was an outstanding player for Pete's preston as they gained promotion to Premeirship and also winning the FA CUp Final, probably due to Arthur's outstanding goal scoring and goal creating form. One of if not the best player of the season in all leagues in England. Nice find pete for just 20 odd thousand was it icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy H:

I am having nightmares about that Peter. icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not the first time eh icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Surely you've just got over it and added it to the extending archive you have icon_biggrin.gif hehe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy H:

Least i got something EFB will remember me by. Whereas your only renowned for winning and moaning when you don't!!! icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

your only jealous cos you cant moan as good as me, it needs passion icon_wink.gificon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

efb.JPG?

*** EFB Zeitung ***

Read all about it! Read all about it! The Zeitung is here once more, landing on your doorstep ready to be picked up for another wonderful read!

So open your door, pick it up and read about the wonderful EFB game….

Community Shield

This season’s final was to be contested between two heavy weights of the premiership, two EFB managers once more went head to head with Paul taking his West Ham side on the Underground to Wembley and Daz filled the Red Devil Coaches and headed down the M6 with his Man Utd side.

The game of course is for charity, entertainment the aim of the game, it certainly was produced in this game and there had to be a winner!

Winner : West Ham

League Cup

It was certainly another entertaining final with teams that were not even considered to get there at the start of the season! Well, both teams enjoyed a wonderful cup run, the finalists this season are Norwich formerly managed by one of our own, Wayne. Challenging his former team and making waves in the Premiership is Rob’s flying Gulls, Torquay.

A very competitive match indeed and unfortunately Rob could not prevent his team losing to a bunch of Canaries!

Winner : Norwich

FA Cup

Once more, a final that could certainly not have been predicted at the start of the season but lots of credit to both teams, they have done very well to get this far and unfortunately there can only be one winner. So who made it? Well it was the blue side of Manchester who traveled down to Wembley and there they would face our very own Pete who brought along with him the very deadly Preston North End side!

Pete dust’s down the PNE trophy cabinet and places the FA Cup smack bang in the middle of it.

Winner : Preston

Vans Trophy

This seasons Vans Trophy encounter will see current high flyers Burnley take on the mighty Oxford Utd!

Winner : Oxford

FA Trophy

Sorry to say but Carlisle have not made it to the final and will not be bagging a hattrick of FA Trophy Cups, instead, this season sees two very competitive conference side battle it out. Play off contenders Scarborough take on the championship challengers Aldershot.

Winner: Scarborough

FA Barclaycard Premiership

This Seasons Premiership Winners Are.............West Ham Utd

Hattrick Hammers, Prem Crown Stays In Upton Park Cabinet

Paul has done it again but this time more convincing than in the past, there was a challenge for the first part of the season but West Ham came into their own in the latter part and broke away from the chasing group to leave the crown in the Upton Park cabinet so that they can give the trophy a shine and show it off the fans for another season.

The West Ham board were absolutely delighted that the trophy remains with their club and hope the manager will stay with them for years to come. Fans were heard singing in the streets of London once more but some fans were slightly disappointed that their team had still not won the big European trophy after such glorious early form in the group stage of the competition in recent seasons.

Red Devils Try Their Best During Managers Absence

Well Man Utd once more make the Champions league but this time around they will have to qualify to get there! The Red Devils finished in fourth place this season which to some is seen as a disappointment with the talent at the club. But there is good reason for United’s failure this season and that is because their manager Daz had to take care of some non-cm related issues and therefore could not guide the Red Devils to a position that they are capable off.

Boro’s Backroom Staff Equal Clubs All Time Record

The Boro certainly seem to establish themselves as a consistent side as they finish in 6th place once more! They qualify for Europe behind the big guns in the league even if it’s a possible Inter Toto Cup place.

Things may have been better if manager Steve had been around to guide the team but due to illness, the backroom staff at Boro took over and managed to lead Stevenage to that record highest finish in the clubs history of 6th place, overall their most improved season in the Premiership and it looks as though there could be more to come if the board get as ambitious as the manager!.

Flying Gulls Leave Mark On Premiership Debut!

A cracking season for the newcomers, they finish within the top ten in the Premiership in ninth place, with a cup final also this season, it certainly has been a very good seasons for manager Rob White who has brought his side all the way from the Second Division to get to the top flight.

The season had many ups and downs for the newcomers but that was certainly expected, they have fought bravely though and held their own against some of the very best the league has to offer, the Gulls certainly know now how tough life in the Premiership is and will certainly be aiming to stay there to earn its rewards.

The Gulls Chairman was said to be absolutely delighted with the hard work and effort that has been put in by the manager since the day of his arrival, the start was tough for both and they have finally come to the biggest reward possible. Fans were thrilled that their club not only stayed in the Premiership but also made a top ten finish and are hoping that White stays with the club for years to come.

Nationwide Division One

Going To The Premiership and Champions Of Division One are......Preston

Preston Continue Heading North To Summit!

What a fight to the title it was in Division 1, it was a contest between Pete’s Preston and Andy’s Derby and it was North End who finished out on top after a nail biting finale!

Preston’s have a very young side but the manager has certainly made sure they got talent also and goals came by the bucket loads thanks to their star striker “King†Arthur, certainly one to look out for next season.

It was a great team effort to get them into the Top Flight which a couple of season’s ago when Pete started, could only dream off. His determination has paid off and he’s made it two successive promotions in a row with this time round, taking home the silverware to show for it!

The Board were absolutely thrilled at the achievement of this manager in such a quick amount of time and could not belief that they will be playing in the Premiership next season. The fans went absolutely crazy and couldn’t stop shouting the managers name in the streets, they were overjoyed knowing they will face the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd, West Ham and Newcastle!

Hepburn Leads Rams Off The First Division Mountain!

Despite disappointed to have seen his fortunes at Hull come to an end, he got over it very quickly to begin his new quest and bring back the glory days to Derby County.

It sure looked like the Rams would take the title before an unwanted loss of form found itself onto the Pride Park pitch! But although the title wasn’t captured, Hepburn was still delighted as he had taken Derby from a relegation threatened first division team to the returning top flight battlers. After many seasons away from the Premiership and not doing much in the first division, they needed someone to give them a massive face lift.

Hepburn stepped in to rescue them and has assembled a squad worthy of promotion, he’s been in this league before and knew exactly what he had to do, the job wasn’t easy especially with the competition about now in this league, but he held to secure that second automatic promotion spot.

Not Too Posh For Division One!

Well it was friends re-united at Peterborough of course as Edan came back from his travels and took over the club a few seasons ago before he went.

It was transition time for certain as Posh went up and down the league table like a yoyo, Edan had many new faces at the club and also had to bring in a few new ones himself to make sure that Peterborough stay in the First Division and that he has something to build upon.

He was never too far away from the play offs but it was a case of the side not being strong enough to put together a really good string of results to make it into the play offs and therefore this season Edan will have to settle for a respectable mid-table position.

There’s a lot of work still to be done at Posh and Edan will certainly be aiming high and join the rest in the Top Flight as soon as possible, the rewards are certainly worth it.

The Round Up

Division Three Two Winners : Burnley

Also Promoted : Halifax

Via Play Off : Darlington

Division Three Three Winners : Kettering

Also Promoted : Mansfield, Hartlepool

Via Play Off : Reading

Conference Winners : Aldershot

Via Play Off : Shrewsbury

Champions League

Who’d have predicted that two English teams make it all the way to the final! Well it was time for Spurs to take on the mighty Red Devils managed by our very own EFB manager Daz.

Could United make up for a disappointed season and take European glory home? Unfortunately for him, Tottenham were too hot to handle!

Winners : Spurs

Uefa Cup

The showdown of another European trophy, its finalist, little French side Sochaux who take on the giants of Spain, Barcelona! As you would predict, one way traffic all the way, The Barca squad had way too much talent and won it in style.

Winners : Barcelona

Super Cup

Newcastle remained the Champions of the Super Cup but it certainly wasn’t easy, they faced Stevenage who are normally managed by Steve, unfortunately this time it was assistant Stromberg who led the charge.

It was a battle for sure and both sides had great chances to win but it ended up being decided on penalties where Newcastle held their nerve and came out on top!

Another season has gone by and we’re now going into Season 2010/11, even more teams join the Premiership and it will certainly be an interesting battle for European places let alone the title!

I hope you enjoyed the read, next time we’ll hopefully see a return of screenshots!

Zeitung written by S.J.Gold

Rob:- glad to see one of my players has caught your eye icon_smile.gif Arthur was bought for £80 k from portsmouth now hes worth £7 million icon_eek.gif

as you can see not a bad buy

I must say Great Zeitung Steve. icon14.gif

you never know if Andy was not drowing his sorrows he might have saved the game for screen shots, but we cant have it all

andy you are right and wrong togther

i do need to have better updates in the forum but the problem is that i didnt really remember the score of my games .about you saying that this was my first update of the season check back and you will see that i had 2 or 3 posts .

any way promise to improve... my team and my updates icon_rolleyes.gif

or Edan if you save each match you play you can replay them to get your info the max you will save each session is about 6 games.

this is what i do or i sometimes write it down in a book whats happened.

I will be late on tonight as i have to go out and watch some footy, will be on about 10 ish looks like i have lost my first few games then as my assistant manager will not keep to the rules i have set him icon_frown.gif

Archived