Going to pot in Prem

Hi, please help. I have been promoted twice via Play-offs with Bolton from League 1 to Prem [ probably too quickly ]. It is Dec 1st 2021, with 7 points beat Brighton who are bottom & Stoke & drew 1-1 Away to Arsenal ; so there is hope. I have tried most of my players` - prob another reason for inconsistency?, but I want some to step up.

My mission is to stay up. Please see Tactic & Squad for info. plus Acevedo Uruguayan dm, Hickey are coming in Jan ; Nohan Kenneh can be re-called.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Bolton_011221_Tactic.png

Bolton_011221_Squad.png

At first glance, you are way too attacking now that you are in the premier league. Without dominant players for your league, you need to step things down a lot. You have 6 attacking roles and attack mentality. Both fullbacks are on attack. You are likely getting countered and left open. I would back the mentality down to balanced now since you are a weaker squad and seek a balanced mix of roles and duties. 

Rashidi has good videos, but I find his tactics are difficult to replicate. Not sure why but has been the case.

Think from a high level, you are a newly promoted side, with younger weaker players, playing against some of the biggest teams in football with the best budgets. Play cautiously at the start of each game. Against lower table teams, if things are starting out ok, you can ramp up your attack, but I still wouldn't aggressively attack the whole game. 

8 hours ago, nextqprmanager said:

04texag, your advice seems logical thanks. I have been watching Bustthenet with Kingstonian & he never changes from attacking, but maybe his roles are not attacking?.

Yeah as @Experienced Defender said your problem is that you watch YouTubers like bustednets who use exploit tactics to break the ME. I found when you try similar tactics without a team that they were created for, it just doesn't work and AI exposes the unbalanced aggressive roles and weaknesses of the tactic.

Edited by crusadertsar

@nextqprmanager if it was me, i would remove "get stuck in" from team instructions, also a little less on the closing intensity. i would maybe remove "play out of defence" on away games

Edited by Experienced Defender
a needless part edited out (trying to argue with me without any apparent reason)

4 hours ago, crusadertsar said:

Yeah as @Experienced Defender said your problem is that you watch YouTubers like bustednets who use exploit tactics to break the ME

When and where did I say that he "watches YouTubers like bustednets who use exploit tactics to break the ME" ??? :idiot:

Please do not put words in my mouth :kriss:

44 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

When and where did I say that he "watches YouTubers like bustednets who use exploit tactics to break the ME" ??? :idiot:

Please do not put words in my mouth :kriss:

I just meant to agree with you on plug and play tactic part. I just assumed that those YouTubers he listed who play this aggressively probably use some kind of exploit.

2 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

I just meant to agree with you on plug and play tactic part

Okay, but your comment sounded as though I was accusing people of using exploit tactics, which I never said. So please be more careful next time when you post comments like this one :brock:

Thanks guys for your input. I get that I have used `plug n play` tactics, but I probably spend too much time on FM20 as it is [ according to my Wife ].

Knap kindly pm`ed me, and I will take on board your comments, thanks again.

This is a great community.