Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

Whilst we of course would love to be able to address every single issue raised within the community we only have a limited number of developers and a limited amount of time. Every logged issue was prioritised based on severity and the number of people it would have affected. 

Whilst it is frustrating when something you're passionate about isn't directly worked on, we still as always will continue to update and support the game over the coming months. If you do find any issues in 21.2 please do make us aware via the bugs forum.

Thanks. 

And the serious problem of Lags and stutters on high-performance PCs?
Do you have any news?

I already said everything I had to talk to the support, they said they are checking, can we still expect something for the final patch?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

Can someone please check quickly whether the Analyst Report (Assists Conceded/Scored showing no values) and Pass Combinations maps are fixed?

uKEyc5c.jpg

HSgmRSZ.jpeg

Would be much appreciated!

Is this it mate if it is then yes its been fixed as I raised something like this as well

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Edited by jckc221013jamie

8 minutes ago, Leon_fogo said:

I 5 9 generation, Geforce GTX 1650 16 gm ram video card

Not far off my set-up, and it's running 165FPS smooth as anything for me. I'd make sure you've updated drivers correctly (do a clean install to fully get rid of the older drivers) and follow the suggestions given in the tech support FAQ for nVidia cards.

On 15/12/2020 at 17:51, forameuss said:

Of all the tired cliches relating to EA to chuck, buggy games probably wouldn't be very high up on the list to jump to.  

It's not that shocking that old bugs return.  While it's obviously rubbish for someone affected by it, these things do happen in development.  As usual, way to see it get fixed is to report again with as much detail as possible.  Hopefully it's something simple.

Problem is that this year they moved the technical issues to the absolute disastrous Sega support system, so they're kinda shooting themselves in the foot here

10 minutes ago, FrazT said:

With reference to the changes made to youth intake- here is a good post made by the SI staff in the Bugs forum that gives some further information which may help:

"The latest update contains a fix for the lack of newgens generating in inactive leagues, as well as further tweaks to intake and retirement numbers.

The changes are save game compatible and hopefully you will now see a much more consistent spread of youth intakes generating at top clubs across the world in every season.

If you do find any examples of clubs incorrectly receiving no youth intake, or less players than they should, then please start a new post in the bugs forum with the relevant save game files.

To clarify a couple of things:

Adding a League as “view-only” doesn’t add any players to the game db and therefore doesn’t impact the number of newgens generated there as compared to if the league was left unloaded – but you should now see a much better stream of newgens from the top clubs in these nations either way :) 

The average youth intake size for a top active club is 5-8 players, and it can often be less than this for clubs with less established academies. If a team has virtual (greyed out) players in a youth side, this does not necessarily mean they aren’t generating enough youth players. For example, if a team doesn’t buy enough, or loans out too many U23 players, they will then need to promote some players from u18s as the more senior squad takes priorit"

excellent.. this is the one thing that has annoyed me this year

On 15/12/2020 at 20:41, goranm said:

This is an issue with your system. I have a high-end PC, everything runs smoothly on "Very High" graphics settings. The same graphics settings run smoothly on my moderate-end laptop. In both cases initially the graphics were stuttering, which was resolved by updating the driver and restarting the game. Zero graphics issues since then, both on fullscreen and windowed.

Dangerous to assume something when you have no idea, I'm running Modern Warfare, Cyberpunk 2077, AC: Valhalla all on high graphics without any stuttering or lag whatsoever. So you're telling me I need a GTX 3090 to handle FM21 without stuttering, am I understand you correctly?

Just now, JordanMillward_1 said:

Not far off my set-up, and it's running 165FPS smooth as anything for me. I'd make sure you've updated drivers correctly (do a clean install to fully get rid of the older drivers) and follow the suggestions given in the tech support FAQ for nVidia cards.

I have already spoken with Sega support, I have already passed files, I have detailed, I have changed all the possible configurations on the video card (all recommended by SEGA).

The game runs smoothly, however with stuttering at various times, it is inconsistent ... In the graph too high or too low.

Sega has already admitted that it has a problem with Nvidia cards. I can try to uninstall the last driver I downloaded yesterday, and install it pure not through Geforce Experience. that's what I have left :(

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, linuxe said:

Problem is that this year they moved the technical issues to the absolute disastrous Sega support system, so they're kinda shooting themselves in the foot here

We're trying to run a system which is more dependent on users following the troubleshooting FAQ guides with the option to then log a ticket for direct support with a clear case number via email. If you have any feedback on the new system would be happy to hear it via a PM.

Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, linuxe said:

Yes ... the support had to be on the forum here, it was much better !!!!!!!!!

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Leon_fogo said:

I have already spoken with Sega support, I have already passed files, I have detailed, I have changed all the possible configurations on the video card (all recommended by SEGA).

The game runs smoothly, however with stuttering at various times, it is inconsistent ... In the graph too high or too low.

Sega has already admitted that it has a problem with Nvidia cards. I can try to uninstall the last driver I downloaded yesterday, and install it pure not through Geforce Experience. that's what I have left :(

Leon, haven't you had this same issue for about the last three or four different versions of FM though? Would that indicate there's something specific to your setup? 

Top work guys, thanks for getting this out in time for the holiday period.

Some people are so unappreciative of the efforts made by everyone involved in the release, and subsequent updates, of the game in a year that has had so many challenges for everyone. Keep it up guys, I appreciate you!

Edited by danielclouston1

Just now, Neil Brock said:

We're trying to run a system which is more dependent on users following the troubleshooting FAQ guides with the option to then log a ticket for direct support with a clear case number via email. If you have any feedback on the new system would be happy to hear it via a PM.

Thanks. 

I created my support ticket, passed files (msinfo32 and dxdiag), commented on everything that happens ...

And Sega admitted to me that they are investigating this problem, the FM 2020 runs smoothly and the 2021 does not help putting it too low or too high in the same.

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

Leon, haven't you had this same issue for about the last three or four different versions of FM though? Would that indicate there's something specific to your setup? 

No, FM 2020 was perfect. The 2021 has been a problem I see several comments here on the forum;

5 minutes ago, linuxe said:

Dangerous to assume something when you have no idea, I'm running Modern Warfare, Cyberpunk 2077, AC: Valhalla all on high graphics without any stuttering or lag whatsoever. So you're telling me I need a GTX 3090 to handle FM21 without stuttering, am I understand you correctly?

Perfect comment my friend!

Football Manager is poorly optimized, that for some versions I already saw comments (2 or 3 years old), and I suffered from this evil now in this edition.

8 minutes ago, linuxe said:

No, you're not understanding correctly. If people with high-end systems can run the game fine, it's something to do with your system. I can run it on maxed out graphics settings without stuttering on a high-end AMD+Nvidia and a mediocre Intel+Nvidia.

1 minute ago, The Threadstarter said:

hey we talked about that a lot last year(fm20), just noticing you that fm21 is smooth for me.

I remember, but last year I had no problem with that.

Really the only thing I didn't do is uninstall the driver and update it by downloading it from the website and not from Geforce Experience. I already did everything that the support told me and I tested everything! You can play but it is a festival of stutters and Lags throughout the game, whether in very high or very low settings (with and without fans)

2 minutes ago, Leon_fogo said:

Really the only thing I didn't do is uninstall the driver and update it by downloading it from the website and not from Geforce Experience. I already did everything that the support told me and I tested everything! You can play but it is a festival of stutters and Lags throughout the game, whether in very high or very low settings (with and without fans)

Try rolling back the driver twice, so going back to the second last version and see if that helps

1 minute ago, goranm said:

No, you're not understanding correctly. If people with high-end systems can run the game fine, it's something to do with your system. I can run it on maxed out graphics settings without stuttering on a high-end AMD+Nvidia and a mediocre Intel+Nvidia.

I've had enough of seeing people with top-of-the-line PCs complaining ... And running games much heavier than FM. 

This since last year, the FM has optimization problems, it does not help ... the FM chooses you, you do not choose the game.

But I love FM in reality it is the only game I play so it is accepting.

Just now, Leon_fogo said:

I've had enough of seeing people with top-of-the-line PCs complaining ... And running games much heavier than FM. 

This since last year, the FM has optimization problems, it does not help ... the FM chooses you, you do not choose the game.

I have an i5 9600 / AMD rx 570 & the game is running fine for me.. not top of the line graphics card wise at all

20 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Hi, where is the tech support FAQ for nVidia cards, apologies but I couldnt find it

1 minute ago, Leon_fogo said:

Leon- we appreciate your issues, but can I ask that you open a separate thread in here so that your particular problems can be discussed without blocking up the feedback thread please

6 minutes ago, Leon_fogo said:

one thing that did it for me this year  was  last or penultimate nvidia drivers . I also don't have geforce anymore. 

i have  graphic on medium (crowd low, shadows low) as i have an old comp, was a lot of tweaking w fm 20 and also different drivers, different story. I revert to much older ones at the end.

fm 21 plus settings in NVIDIA control, like max performance and some others , from the F.A.Q. recommendation on here

i have nvidia 650 for reference 

Edited by The Threadstarter

1 minute ago, The Threadstarter said:

one thing that did it for me this year  was  last or penultimate nvidia drivers . I also don't have geforce anymore. 

i have  graphic on medium (crowd low, shadows low) as i have an old comp, was a lot of tweaking w fm 20 and also different drivers, different story. I revert to much older ones at the end.

fm 21 plus settings in NVIDIA control, like max performance and some others , from the F.A.Q. recommendation on herre

Where can I find the FAQ recommendations?

6 minutes ago, Leon_fogo said:

Really the only thing I didn't do is uninstall the driver and update it by downloading it from the website and not from Geforce Experience.

You probably tried this, but just in case you haven't, go to Nvidia Control panel and under Manage 3D settings check if FM is using the GPU or the integrated video card (if you have one). On my laptop it defaulted to the integrated video card so I had to manually tell it that for FM it should run the GPU.

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

Yes please and advise exactly what you have been told by SEGA support and what you have done so far

Okay, I'll create ...

I have already maintained a lot of contact with Support. I hope there will be improvement in future patches.

1 minute ago, goranm said:

You probably tried this, but just in case you haven't, go to Nvidia Control panel and under Manage 3D settings check if FM is using the GPU or the integrated video card (if you have one). On my laptop it defaulted to the integrated video card so I had to manually tell it that for FM it should run the GPU.

Only one plate appears here for me, my Geforce.

I just want to double check, this new gen patch is definitely being applied to previous saves right?

Just there's no point in me continuing in my 2028 one if it isn't. cheers!

• Administrators
1 minute ago, ajt said:

I just want to double check, this new gen patch is definitely being applied to previous saves right?

Just there's no point in me continuing in my 2028 one if it isn't. cheers!

Yes it has. 

Another good informative post from Andrew James from SI about newgen intake:

"Unfortunately, we are aware of some cases where total player count may still decrease in certain instances. We believe the root of this is a high number of low ability free agents retiring after not being picked up by low reputation clubs.

Custom db setups with all players based in certain areas loaded are more prone to this, as they include an unsustainably high number of free agents at game start and a higher number of layers at these low reputation clubs.

50 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

Would you say that advanced database options that load players from like...for example Oceania where there are 0 playable leagues will regen more players if you select every option for Oceania in Advanced database set up?

Adding players based in Oceania would result in more newgens generating there, yes, but I think it's likely the total count would still decline a bit unfortunately.  

We’re working on ways to try and keep these numbers more balanced across the board, if you have any examples of players retiring who shouldn’t be, please start a new post in the bugs forum with relevant save game files".

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

Another good informative post from Andrew James from SI about newgen intake:

"Unfortunately, we are aware of some cases where total player count may still decrease in certain instances. We believe the root of this is a high number of low ability free agents retiring after not being picked up by low reputation clubs.

Custom db setups with all players based in certain areas loaded are more prone to this, as they include an unsustainably high number of free agents at game start and a higher number of layers at these low reputation clubs.

50 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

Would you say that advanced database options that load players from like...for example Oceania where there are 0 playable leagues will regen more players if you select every option for Oceania in Advanced database set up?

Adding players based in Oceania would result in more newgens generating there, yes, but I think it's likely the total count would still decline a bit unfortunately.  

We’re working on ways to try and keep these numbers more balanced across the board, if you have any examples of players retiring who shouldn’t be, please start a new post in the bugs forum with relevant save game files".

For sure this was informative, appreciate the openess guys!

As long as teams in playble leagues are actually filling out teams im happy.

Do you know if the manager/caretaker bug was causing some of these issues?

Just tried a match, low reputation teams (average CA between 85 and 100). Watched the first half in full detail, second half in comprehensive highlights. Worth addressing that the corner from crossing bug seems to be fixed. Saw a lot of variety. To start, players where more prone to look for better positions to cross, or even make a back pass or an inner pass! Nice. But rebounds now were more diverse. Some ended in corner, yes, but I only saw 2 or 3. The rest: Throw ins, the fullback got the rebound and cleared the ball, or the ball rebounded but remained in game.

Of course, one match isn't enough to say it's fixed. But for a first match, I enjoyed what I saw. Less through balls from keepers and CBs also, but can't say if this was properly addressed as it's only one match. Let's hope!

Thanks SI for the patch :)