Arsenal all the way to Glory: An Experiment with a New Way of Using Assistant Managers in FM

ATex deal has gone through. He'll come on Jan 6th. Hugo Lloris (£13.75m club record), however, has arrived. Milan's bid of £9.4m for Clichy was rejected.

First friendly: Monaco 2 - 2 ARSENAL (Van Persie, Walcott) - came back from 2-0 down. Good performances from RvP, Cesc and Walcott.

Menez scored both goals and played really well for Monaco, so I put in a £9m bid as i do need a new winger. Man City came in with a £5m bid for Almunia which, for a 30 year old who wont get into the first team was too good to refuse.

Second friendly: Bordeaux 1 - 2 ARSENAL (Adebayor, Bendtner) - Ade got '8' in 70 mins and Bendtner played well..

Lloris was immediately given the number 1 jersey - he will go straight in. A lot of the team im not yet sure about but he's good.

Monaco asked for a structured £12.4m deal for Menez which I offered because he's good. Almunia rejected Man City, however.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stoma - Sakho, i know. Sakhare didnt really hit the heights for me and i dont need more mids. will look at Saivet and Barkroth.

Blood - have a look above and you'll see that Eduardo scores 40+ goals per season up front, RvP scores 10-15.

latest friendly - Troyes 0 - 4 Arsenal (Eduardo 3, Van Persie).

Offered Flamini a new contract. Dont rate him that highly on FM, but dont wanna lose him for free as IRL.

Gave the squad maximum bonuses in an effort to motivate them a little more.

Menez offer accepted - offered contract. He's got 2 in 2 competitive games for Monaco.

We drew Dinamo Bucharest in the Champs Lg, by the way.

I didnt give Lloris the no1 jersy in my 1st season due to his kicking. its terrible before a season of training - 8or9 isnt it? And that can cause problems.

Menez is good, but hes never improved as much as I would have liked. You should be able to get more than 5mil for Almunia, but money doesnt really matter.

Good Luck icon14.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Archived