Guide: EDT, DDT and LNC Files

ahmufcwafc

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to change abbreviations with lnc files? It would nice to see CL and EL instead of ECC and EC in the league table when using a lnc real name pack.

I asked about this a long time ago and I don't think it is possible.

If I am correct these files only should kick when starting a new game right? I was playing a long game in FM12, when I suddenly noticed some differences on players.

Turns out the 1220 files got updated for some reason. Not by me and seeing multiple files being updated, it looks like Steam did an update which then was taken into account by my saved game....

Hi.

Is it possible to put a transfer embargo on all clubs until the January transfer period? I want to stop AI clubs from making any new transfers till then.

Making an .edt file with every single club sounds like too much work for me so i was wondering if there's an easier way.

cheers

Hi.

Is it possible to put a transfer embargo on all clubs until the January transfer period? I want to stop AI clubs from making any new transfers till then.

Making an .edt file with every single club sounds like too much work for me so i was wondering if there's an easier way.

cheers

I don't think this is possible with the edt file code. It should be possible within the FM13 editor at the latest, but I'm not 100% on previous editions.

Hi.

cheers

easier option is to tick the box that says disable first window transfer budgets :)

Thanks, I'll do that, didn't know it was that easy :)

Does this stop other clubs from signing free agents and loans as well?

wow! I didn't realise you did not know about that or I would have mentioned this also.

Clubs can still sign players on loans & frees using this method.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally!!!

It looks like I have found the right and old thread.

I need to make an EDT files, because I'm tryng hard to bring back Pirlo somehow in my saved game ( he has retired). As you know, ingame editor and pregame editor dont work for retired players.

Im looking for a solution and I think this is! Just, I made this

"BOARD_TAKEOVER" "Andrea" "" "Pirlo" "19.05.1979" "Italian" "Brescia" "Italy" "" "Pratum Coller" I called the text files "board_takeover.edt" and moved it in the directory.

It doesnt work! Can you help me with this?

(I bought the game fm2016 and editor)

These files can work only when you load a new game, not with saved games.

If there is a manner to do it, surely is only with the official in-game editor (the pre-game editor is pretty useless in this particular case) or with FMRTE (another in-game editor). I am not sure since I never tried, but probably the only possible thing is to change or remove a retire date but when the player is still active, I don't know if it is possible to bring back a player already retired.

Here a list of pretty every code compatible with LNC files. The LNC files are the only files that can change your data without creating a new game:

# Change the club reputation, the economic balance and average attendance

# Legend : "BOOST TEAM" "Club unique ID" "balance" "reputation" "average attendance"

"BOOST_TEAM" "992" -1 8000 -1

"COMP_NAME_CHANGE" 11 "Premier League" ""

# "CHANGE_PLAYER_NAME" "Person Unique ID" "First Name" "Common Name" "Second Name"

"CHANGE_PLAYER_NAME" 20000002 "Rémi" "" "Garde"

# note: works for player, staff, human users and goes on.

"COMP_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 1301423 "Supercopa" ""

"COMP_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 1301423 "Supercopa de España" ""

"COMP_NAME_CHANGE" 104551 "Φιλικό" "Greek"

# note: erases short and long name if used

"ALTERNATIVE_COMP_NAME_CHANGE" 104551 "Φιλικού" "Greek" 3

"CITY_NAME_CHANGE" 107271 "Saopporo" "Czech"

"CLUB_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 136417 "고양 Hi FC" "Korean"

"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 136417 "고양" "Korean"

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE" 1185 "Sakai FC" ""

# note: erases short and long name if used

"CLUB_6LETTER_NAME_CHANGE" 136417 "고양" "Korean"

"STADIUM_NAME_CHANGE" 102564 "Sagamihara Stadium" "Italian"

"STADIUM_CHANGE_FOR_COMP" "Lille Olympique SC Métropole" "Champions League" "Stade Pierre-Mauroy"

#Japan Stadium Names change to fake names for English US (ID 1000004)

"STADIUM_NAME_CHANGE" 102564 "Sagamihara Stadium" 1000004

# Command ID Name Change Lang

#Staff Comp Name Changes for LIcensing

"AWARD_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 106930 "Månedens spiller i tyske 1. Liga" "Danish"

# replace the real names of players by fake ones.

#below, Albirex Niigata (Singapore)

"RANDOMISE_TEAM" 1000037

#Disabled control of national teams

# "FAKE_NATIONAL_TEAM" "Nation Unique ID" "1/0 - On/Off"

# below, japan (116)

"FAKE_NATIONAL_TEAM" 116 1

# disable players pics (1/0 on/off) (below france and holland)

"DISABLE_PLAYER_PICS" 784 1

"DISABLE_PLAYER_PICS" 769 1

# change kit colors (ID, home/away/third, RGB of first color, RGB of second color)

# not recommanded to use as your kit will have only two colors instead three and you cannot come back to the original template

#Chinese National Team

"COLOUR_CHANGE" 110 0 0 48 160 238 232 184

"COLOUR_CHANGE" 110 1 238 232 184 0 48 160

"COLOUR_CHANGE" 110 2 0 96 48 0 0 0

# Kit colour change - first kit

"COLOUR_CHANGE" 1183 0 175 175 200 255 170 0

# Kit colour change - second kit

"COLOUR_CHANGE" 1183 1 255 170 0 175 175 200

# Kit colour change - third kit

"COLOUR_CHANGE" 1183 2 255 170 0 5 97 97

# "COMP_COLOUR_CHANGE" [Competition ID] 0 [RGB Colour 1] [RGB Colour 2]

"COMP_COLOUR_CHANGE" 1301396 0 240 171 0 130 36 51

# doesn't work in FM16

"COMP_GENDER_CHANGE" 104551 3 "Greek"

# note: linguistic edition for some languages.

"PERSON_SECOND_NAME_END_CHANGE" "GREEK" "αρ" 2 "αρα"

"PERSON_SECOND_NAME_END_CHANGE" "GREEK" "αρ" 3 "αρα"

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing Touch mode and I was wondering if it was possible to swap teams by using their unique IDs instead of just names. I'm using Germany as the creation of a Super League, with just three competitions it's the perfect country, but two clubs (Ingolstadt and Wurzburg) share the exact in-game name as an amateur team but those amateur teams get replaced because their unique IDs are lower.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It turns out unique IDs can also be used to replace teams. Absolutely perfect!

• 2 months later...

1) Are there any new commands for .EDT and .DDT files that work for Football Manager 2016?

2) Is there any command for creating clubs, players, competitions, using .EDT, .DDT files.? (i.e. something similar to DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN).  I ask because once a new version comes out and I migrate my data from the pre-game editor, there are always a bunch of failed changes which means I normally have to start all over from scratch.

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 07:42, Red_Hector said:

Hello lovely people. Is there a way that I can edit the .whatever files of the FM17 beta so I can simply swap Miami with an MLS team like Montreal so Miami are playable?

Yes, it will work with FM17 Beta.

You can add to one of the existing .edt files or create a new file.  I think would also work in an .lnc file.  I would create a separate file called MLSSwap.edt however and keep the original SI files as is.

"SWAP_TEAMS"    105180    20040608

- would swap Montreal Impact with Miami FC. 

Strange thing though, when you create a new career game, Montreal Impact will show on the Career Game Setup screen as one of the MLS teams, and you will not be able to start the game coaching Montreal/Miami.  But once the game is created Miami FC will replace Montreal in MLS and you should be able to add a new coach and select Miami FC as your team.

• 7 months later...

You were able to set national teams with a DDT file in earlier version, but could you also set the U21 or U20 teams for that nation

The basic line I know is

"SET_INTERNATIONAL_PLAYER" "1111111" "name" but this puts the player in the main squad.

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, Mons said:

Wherever did you get that from? Yes they do, if in place before starting a new game

Don't seem to have worked for me? Your files that shall not be named seem to work, but I've got some FUTURE_REGEN files that have yet to show up in the games extra files or deliver any of the legends I'd built into it.

[Edit: Was hurrying. Probably should have used the words "don't seem to work", but it's a ****in' forum and I've got real work to do]

Edited by LCpl

I can confirm extra files work in Touch Beta at least (so probably will in full FM too), but FUTURE_REGEN has been one of the commands I can't get to work for a few years now.

Edited by Zek

18 hours ago, Zek said:

I can confirm extra files work in Touch Beta at least (so probably will in full FM too), but FUTURE_REGEN has been one of the commands I can't get to work for a few years now.

Future Regen worked last year just fine? I used it to create junior legends of the past at their original clubs. I prefered that to all these edits where the existing player gets a DoB change since that messes with records and such. Plus, the Future Regen likes PA ranges and most attributes are random making for a less predictable game but with some famous 'sons' as it were.

2 hours ago, LCpl said:

Future Regen worked last year just fine? I used it to create junior legends of the past at their original clubs. I prefered that to all these edits where the existing player gets a DoB change since that messes with records and such. Plus, the Future Regen likes PA ranges and most attributes are random making for a less predictable game but with some famous 'sons' as it were.

I wanted to do the same as you, but never got it to work. Do those regens always show up during the first youth income if their DoB is in the age range? If they do, I must've done something wrong all those years. Maybe I forgot to keep the "" if they don't have a common name.

• 8 months later...

I got another one to add for EDT files along with a question. This command works for Football Manager 2015 (which is the one I'm playing)

"LIKELY_PRE_SEASON_FRIENDLY" "915" "1736" "100"

This can (doesn't always) generate a friendly between 915 (Bayern Munich) and 1736 (Real Madrid) - the first two numbers are the IDs, the last one seems to be some kind of percent or ratio, but even though I set it to 100, it doesn't always make that match happen.  That's the least of my concern, though. I wanted to ask about setting national team friendlies. How do you do it through EDT files? It's safe to say we don't have all the commands ITT, given how LIKELY_PRE_SEASON_FRIENDLY wasn't mentioned.

There's the separate editor, I know that, but I can't find a way to set international friendlies up through that. It used to be possible with the Football Manager 2012 editor, and very easy, too. And yes, I tried setting one up through LIKELY_PRE_SEASON_FRIENDLY and that obviously didn't work, it's meant to be for clubs.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering, if we could add a nationality restriction to the "transfer_embargo.edt" file. In the file there is an age restriction command and I thought maybe it would be possible to add other criterias to a transfer embargo.

The age restriction command is:

#"TRANSFER_EMBARGO_AGE_RESTRICTION" "Rangers" "01/09/2012" "03/09/2013" 17

I already tried changing "AGE" to "NATION, "17" to a nation and fixed the dates but it doesn't seem to work.

A Home-Grown restriction would be interesting as well.

Edited by rockuiem

15 hours ago, rockuiem said:

I was wondering, if we could add a nationality restriction to the "transfer_embargo.edt" file. In the file there is an age restriction command and I thought maybe it would be possible to add other criterias to a transfer embargo.

The age restriction command is:

#"TRANSFER_EMBARGO_AGE_RESTRICTION" "Rangers" "01/09/2012" "03/09/2013" 17

I already tried changing "AGE" to "NATION, "17" to a nation and fixed the dates but it doesn't seem to work.

A Home-Grown restriction would be interesting as well.

I don't believe something like that is possible using the current lnc commands, unfortunately...

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Lillywhite said:

What's the command to change a Club's Nickname?

To the best of my knowledge, such a command does not exist and the only way to change a club's nickname is through the editor.

• 1 year later...
vor 9 Minuten schrieb Noscho:

Hi everyone,

Is there a command to change the club colours? Not the kits, but the ones in titlebar.

No, all commands change more or less just strings. You can change kits and club colours with the ingame editor.

These are the ones I had from before, not sure if all of them work anymore.

Competition:

"COMP_COLOUR_CHANGE" [Competition ID] 0 [RGB Colour 1] [RGB Colour 2]
e.g. "COMP_COLOUR_CHANGE" 1301396 0 240 171 0 130 36 51

Kit Colors

"COLOUR_CHANGE" <ID> <Kit 0|1|2> <R 0-255> <G 0-255> <B 0-255> <R 0-255> <G 0-255> <B 0-255>

e.g. "COLOUR_CHANGE" 5350061 0 0 0 0 175 180 43

Is anyone still using the DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN command?  Can you confirm it it still works correctly?

"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "First Name" "Common Name" "Last Name" "Birth date (dd / mm / yyyy)" "Nation (first nationality)" "Favourite Team" "Ethnicity" "Skin Tone" "Hair Colour" "Height (in cm) "" Weight (in kg) "" Preferred Foot "" Preferred Position "" Favourite Number "" Birth City " "CA""PA""Club ID"

e.g.  "DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Gabriel" "" "Batistuta" "01/02/2009" "Argentina" "A.C.F. Fiorentina" "0" "5" "3" "185" "" "Right" "ATTACKER_CENTRAL" "9" "108489" "145" "188" "82"

Is it possible to add Future Income to teams using an inline command? (EDT or DDT)?

Essentially I want to be able to give a team future income for multiple years rather than just for a single year (which you can do in the editor). 

This is for FM08 BTW

13 hours ago, Sly419 said:

Is it possible to add Future Income to teams using an inline command? (EDT or DDT)?

Essentially I want to be able to give a team future income for multiple years rather than just for a single year (which you can do in the editor). 

This is for FM08 BTW

Ah wait, FM08, then my knowledge stops quickly.