Welsh Leagues Complete Down to Level 5

CymruAmBythWXM

How do you go so far with the competition levels?

I think we mentioned this before but I can't remember what we said. Well done anyway!

Basically having too much time on my hands. I had to add a lot of random little town's and village's in the back of beyond so the co-ordinates work properly. To get the promotion's and relegations working though I've had to use a play-off. I know this isn't what happens in real life but as you already know there is no way yet to add sub divisions to a sub division.

Have you done transfers for these ???

Nope, all the players for added teams will be regens. Its hard enough adding 200+ teams then finding out their colours and stadium, so adding 4000+ players is a non starter, plus players at that level change clubs about as often as I change my underpants.

Awwww man! Was really hoping I would be able to take the mighty Cardiff City back into Europe by winning the Welsh Cup!!!

Oh well... will just have to win the FA Cup then! cough cough! lol

By the way, downloaded this last night! Cant wait to use it later! :)

Awwww man! Was really hoping I would be able to take the mighty Cardiff City back into Europe by winning the Welsh Cup!!!

Oh well... will just have to win the FA Cup then! cough cough! lol

By the way, downloaded this last night! Cant wait to use it later! :)

Just made Merthyr win the Welsh Cup and it appears that they are not entered into the Europa Cup :(

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if anyones interested but Ive added the now defunct Welsh National League Wrexham Area 2 to level 5. In real life this league was disbanded in 2006/2007 but I've decided to bring it back just out of boredom, its made up of teams from the Wrexham area which are also now defunct plus the Wrexham U18 team. I'll run it on holiday to see if it works then upload it if anyone's interested.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just uploaded the newest version, this version works with the newest patch. I have also added some missing colours for some teams. I have also added the now defunct Welsh National League (Wrexham Area) 2. In real life this league was disbanded 2 years ago but I wanted to add another league to the Wrexham area, it is made up of now defunct clubs plus Wrexham's U18 team.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that this is awesome, i appreciate the time taken as well it must have taken ages. I would not know where to start. I will get to the point could you extent the pembrokeshire league as i used to play for a team called angle who are in the pembrokeshire league division 2 and if i could manage them on fm that would be brilliant.

No can do Im afraid, I did look at Level 6, but wouldn't know where to start in terms of finding the required info for the teams, and certain leagues would suffer as a result of this. For example I could find info for teams in Clwyd League but couldnt find info for Caernarfon League. Also I don't want to add just one league as I feel that once Ive added one I'd have to add them all to make it true to life. Also it would play hell with Promotions and Relegations as teams from North East Wales could end up playing in South West Wales etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Cymru, please tell me how to get rid of the Swansea, Cardiff etc's in the welsh cup, they are winnin it every year, and what the default reputation and prize money was, I am going to start a new game. When I manually remove it come up with an error about not enough teams in the competition

Cheers man

Cymru, please tell me how to get rid of the Swansea, Cardiff etc's in the welsh cup, they are winnin it every year, and what the default reputation and prize money was, I am going to start a new game. When I manually remove it come up with an error about not enough teams in the competition

Cheers man

Remove them, then when it says how many teams from each league change the number for one of them. For example if you remove all the exiled clubs which there are six of, then pick an extra 6 from say Anglesey for example.

As for reputation half what it is now as all I did was double everything, as for prize money I have no idea what the original prize money was, I think in my update I made the prize money the same as the old FAW Premier Cup was.

How many Welsh teams are actually playing in the English leagues? Only Cardiff and Swansea?

Is that because of them having stronger competition that way?

Don't they want to be Welsh champions and thus compete in the Champions League or Europa League?

The winners of the Welsh Cup did qualify for the Cup Winners' Cup until the rules were changed in the 90s, preventing the Welsh clubs which play in the English system from playing in the Welsh Cup. English clubs from the area around the border (such as Hereford and Shrewsbury) were also allowed to play in the Welsh Cup until this point, though I'm not sure if they would've been allowed to play in Europe if they won it.

Cardiff and Swansea are the only Welsh teams currently playing in the top four divisions of English football (both are in the Championship) but Wrexham, Colwyn Bay, Newport County and Merthyr Tydfil also play in the non-league. The standard of football in the Welsh league means these teams would have no benefit from leaving the English system (well, maybe not Colwyn Bay or Merthyr who aren't too great). The lack of money in Welsh football means there wouldn't be any financial gain either, so being able to win trophies and enter European would be the only things the teams would gain out of it, with the risk of financial catastrophe always looming overhead (not that that hasn't been the case for Cardiff and Wrexham in recent years).

Buttgammon has pretty much summed it up.

The appeal of playing in the 1st Qualifying Round of the Champions League is not that attractive for the Welsh English based teams. The money is not there that is in the group stages.... also the Premiership is still one of the richest leagues in the World, which is why Celtic and Rangers are desperate to move over!

Thanks for explaining this Buttgammon and Deepex.

I thought it were just FM-game-players that wanted to move Celtic and Ranger to the EPL. I can see why they want it in real life too. It is like the better Dutch and Belgian teams want to have a better league too, so that they can perform better and earn better money.

• 3 weeks later...

Just so people know, I have tested this and they do play in Europe if changed to Wales - don't know about fixture congestion though as Cardiff went out in the second qualifying round to Hibs.

Hmmmm, I've never thought about trying that. May look into that if I start a new game.

By the way... How did Cardiff go out to Hibs?!?!?! lol

They went out after getting a man sent off in both legs in the opening 15 minutes. 3-2 on aggregate. Doesn't matter, the thing is that I managed to get them to qualify for Europe. Still a few things to test for:

Say someone reached the Europa League through both the Welsh Cup and an English competition - would they take the English place, letting another Welsh league side into Europe, or the Welsh place, letting another English league side into Europe?

Do the sides qualifying through the Welsh Cup push up the English co-efficient, or the Welsh one?

If it is the Welsh one, should one of the Welsh Cup winners continually have good Europa League campaigns and pushed the co-efficient up far enough that a Welsh team got automatic group stage entry to the Champions League or Europa League through the Welsh league, would the side's quality improve and let them attrasct better players, or would the league reputation be too much of a barrier?

I can also confirm this works perfectly with the English Level 10/11 file in that Merthyr/Colwyn in the added leagues still play the Welsh Cup, so I assume they still reach Europe with that activated as well.

Unfortunately, these all require much more extensive testing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey great job, i've been playing with Conwy for a while and am in 2015 but am stuck in the Cymru alliance league (1 promotion from premier league) and just made me wonder has anyone gone on to great gloryh with a lower league welsh team e.g. dominant in wales and then done well in europe?

Archived