Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

An improved version much much better in defence and i can say that with complete confidence.

very much enjoying your improved tactic,just a quick question though, my two central midfielders are really good on the ball with very good dribbling stats so would i ruin the tactic by giving one of them rwb instructions set to often?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very much enjoying your improved tactic,just a quick question though, my two central midfielders are really good on the ball with very good dribbling stats so would i ruin the tactic by giving one of them rwb instructions set to often?

I don't think it would ruin the tactic but it's not what i wanted my players to do i just wanted them to create rather than be running with the ball

Has anyone even tried this? It's working great for me... use AMC or AMC/FC.

I've only got one AMC/FC in my squad and the rest are strikers. Do you think it will work with out-and-out strikers then? Thanks

Mr. Hough have you tried

DEFENDING CORNERS

Best Header and marker on marking "Tall player"

Next 2 good headers "near" and "far post"

1 player "man" marking

3 players "forward" and 3 players "back" or 2 "forward" and 4 "back".

posted by Zico10

Thanks for this I'll apply it to my tactics, I seem to concede alot from corners probably about 70% of goals so if i can cut that down I'd be very happy.

Thanks cas1no, really helpful. Only had two goals conceeded from corners now from ten matches, but somehow am my stupid team still somehow manages to conceed. Tried the Nike defence, but had three headers scored against me (final score 3-2).

Thanks cas1no, really helpful. Only had two goals conceeded from corners now from ten matches, but somehow am my stupid team still somehow manages to conceed. Tried the Nike defence, but had three headers scored against me (final score 3-2).

is this with my tactics?

i think it's the CL skin :)

btw,the tactic starts very good but somehow there is a leak on the defense that gives the opponent scoring from corners,maybe it's only with me ?

ehum,potential fix to the corners a few posts up lol,reaaaad :D

DEFENDING CORNERS

Best Header and marker on marking "Tall player"

Next 2 good headers "near" and "far post"

1 player "man" marking

3 players "forward" and 3 players "back" or 2 "forward" and 4 "back".

posted by Zico10

howsa the update going to ur tactic Mr.Hough? posting it soon?

is this with my tactics?

yeah Dave, wouldn't dream of using any other. I noticed that you said you used the nike defence, so I thought I'd try with your latest tactic.

Last season I conceded just over one goal a game, and about probably about 20-25% was from corners/free kicks. Now I'm not conceeding many from these but more from open play :thdn:

Ok guys i defo think i'm onto something here.

After Testing with Blyth and winning all of my opening 14 games i lost in my 15th my teams was badly injured and i had no decent backups, 2 Goals coming from corners aswell which is another thing i have looked at.

I have Decided to test with Hull City i've only made 1 signing and thats a DM this is my first Result in the league and i really wish i could tell you that i have cheated in someway because this is astounding.

Half time.

HullManUtd.jpg

Full time.

HullManUtdFulltime.jpg

This is only one result out of 38 in the league but it's looking promising.

This is the tactic i've been working on aswell by the way.

yeah Dave, wouldn't dream of using any other. I noticed that you said you used the nike defence, so I thought I'd try with your latest tactic.

Last season I conceded just over one goal a game, and about probably about 20-25% was from corners/free kicks. Now I'm not conceeding many from these but more from open play :thdn:

The Nike defence is hard to get right and takes time i still don't think i have it right but i'm defo getting there.

I think i have cracked the corners though so thats a bonus.

Ok guys i defo think i'm onto something here.

After Testing with Blyth and winning all of my opening 14 games i lost in my 15th my teams was badly injured and i had no decent backups, 2 Goals coming from corners aswell which is another thing i have looked at.

I have Decided to test with Hull City i've only made 1 signing and thats a DM this is my first Result in the league and i really wish i could tell you that i have cheated in someway because this is astounding.

Half time.

HullManUtd.jpg

Full time.

HullManUtdFulltime.jpg

This is only one result out of 38 in the league but it's looking promising.

This is the tactic i've been working on aswell by the way.

So thats a new tactic that youve created, Looks very good. 4 CCC for Hull, that takes some doing. Look forward to seeing this when its done

So thats a new tactic that youve created, Looks very good. 4 CCC for Hull, that takes some doing. Look forward to seeing this when its done

It's not the result that i'm most happy about it's the fact that i had restricted Man Utd to only 1 shot on target with my team blocking 8 shots and restricting them to shot from distance 7 times, Thats the most impressive thing for me.

Here is my next game against arsenal, Who would of thought my opening games of the season against Man Utd at Old Trafford and Arsenal at the Emirates, Anyhow i never won this game but the performance from my team was great and if my Strikers where abit better Quality I'd have won easy, I'm playing Giovanni as middle striker because i don't have any other decent ones.

ArsenalHull.jpg

At the end of the match the commentary said "Hull city will feel the should have won this" and "Arsenal will take this" So that's a testament of my team performance if arsenal will take a point at home against Hull City.

Something interesting just happened. I'm Hoffenheim and I was playing Panathinaikos at their ground. I was losing 3-1, but since I won 2-0 at my own ground I was not to worried. So, to control de result, I droped my FC to AMC position, I ended up wining 4-3. with 3 goals scored after the 75th minute and to of them with a space of 2 minutes in between.

Does pushing your forwards to attacking midfield really work? I'm gonna test it.

Cheers. By the way, your classic tactic (the first one) is just great. Can't wait for your new tactic.

mr hough id say that the new tactic you have created will be on par with Tyler Bode's Tactic that he made for FM 2009

Not sure possibly, I don't like to compare my tactics with others though because there all different in a sense.

hopefully you wont disappear like tylerbode did lol

I've been playing FM for years and before that championship manager but this is the first FM I've ever made tactics for.

The Tactic Creator helped loads though, It helped me understand the Sliders more than i did before.

Mr Hough,

I got most enjoyment out of this tactic when there was a AMC, if i drop the centre forward back into the AMC role do you think it would still be effective? If so, what kind of changes do you think would be needed to made? thanks in advance.

Mr Hough,

I got most enjoyment out of this tactic when there was a AMC, if i drop the centre forward back into the AMC role do you think it would still be effective? If so, what kind of changes do you think would be needed to made? thanks in advance.

I've dropped the middle Forward back to AMC (and switched to play an actual AMC there) and have not made any changes or tweaks and it's equally as effective as having 3 Strikers IMO.

I'd been to sleep for a few hours earlier before work tonight and my first game back was against chelsea at home beat the 2-1 i was leading 2-0 too. The stats where in there favor but dogged defending helped me secure the win.

I can't test anymore tonight because of work but i will test alot tomorrow and release the updated version tomorrow.

Playing as hull and winning over chelsea is a quite achievement for itself and you led 2-0,that was pretty awesome.

In that new tactic is there any special OI/ingame instruction during the game that we will have to perform ?

Hey Mr Hough, not spoke to you for a while. Waiting on your new tactic to be released then i will start a new save. I know you work & that Mr Hough but i don't understand how you manage to find the time to create such amazing tactics, you are a tactical genius! lol

u said before i ll release winger tactic in future

whats ur plan

e classic 4-5-1

-------st-------

-aml--------amr-

-----mc-mc-----

-------dmc------

-dl--dc--dc----dr

-------gk-------

or with 2 st

----st-st------

aml--------amr

----mc-mc----

--------------

dl---dc-dc---dr

------gk------

?

I don't know what to do, if anyone is also having my problem I would love to hear it.

Portsmouth, using this tactic, started out 6-1-1, lost 8 straight while scoring 2 goals, came back and barely won against the Wolves. Now I am getting my ass kicked again 1-4 on the road against West Ham, as if they are Man U or something.

I have tried other peoples suggestions of moving back one striker, and a few other moves, but my defensive just gets shredded. Might as well just put up 11 strikers. After 5 straight different teams. 5 different leagues and 5 different tactics, this game might just get the boot.

I will admit my knowledge of football tactics is poor. I get the Fox soccer channel and watch the Premier league all the time, but it does not help me with the finer points of tactics and what to watch for.

Is there no way for someone with a lack of knowledge in the tactic area to actually play this game and enjoy it without having to play with Man U or Milan or Madrid. If it comes to that. Sorry SI, I'm done with your games. I don't want to have to use the best players in the game to win and make a tactic "work".

I am not looking to win Europe with Portsmouth, don't get me wrong. But come on, my players are passing the ball and hitting team mates in the back of the head, missing passes and just giving the ball up. Once the other team has the ball, forget it. They run thru my defense like it's not there.

I just don't know what to do anymore I guess. I understand I'm not good at tactics, but at least somehow make the game playable for people like me. I thought the Tactic Creator was supposed to help idiots like me. It actually has not helped one bit and my teams are now worse than any other version of this game.

edit, for example, my right full back, Steve Finnan, has good attributes. Well, this piece of "crap" has a rating of 6.32 and a 6.04 in the last 5. That's basically my team as a whole.

Tommy Smith, one of my main "strikers" or if I had a choice the guy on my team who I would push in front of a bus, has a rating of 6.59, 6.08 in the last 5.

David James. Should be a decent keeper with his attributes. 6.59 rating, 6.42 last 5. It's like this all over my team.

Are there people that play this game with crappy teams and win or not. I am serious. When I go on this forum looking for advice, all I see is people commenting on their Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U, Madrid, Milan teams. As I said in another thread. Where is the forum for us who need real help? Not help with world class teams. Please point me to that forum.

I appreciate that folks come to the forums and post their tactics. My request is for someone to create one with an below average team and show how it's done.

I don't know what to do, if anyone is also having my problem I would love to hear it.

Portsmouth, using this tactic, started out 6-1-1, lost 8 straight while scoring 2 goals, came back and barely won against the Wolves. Now I am getting my ass kicked again 1-4 on the road against West Ham, as if they are Man U or something.

I have tried other peoples suggestions of moving back one striker, and a few other moves, but my defensive just gets shredded. Might as well just put up 11 strikers. After 5 straight different teams. 5 different leagues and 5 different tactics, this game might just get the boot.

I will admit my knowledge of football tactics is poor. I get the Fox soccer channel and watch the Premier league all the time, but it does not help me with the finer points of tactics and what to watch for.

Is there no way for someone with a lack of knowledge in the tactic area to actually play this game and enjoy it without having to play with Man U or Milan or Madrid. If it comes to that. Sorry SI, I'm done with your games. I don't want to have to use the best players in the game to win and make a tactic "work".

I am not looking to win Europe with Portsmouth, don't get me wrong. But come on, my players are passing the ball and hitting team mates in the back of the head, missing passes and just giving the ball up. Once the other team has the ball, forget it. They run thru my defense like it's not there.

I just don't know what to do anymore I guess. I understand I'm not good at tactics, but at least somehow make the game playable for people like me. I thought the Tactic Creator was supposed to help idiots like me. It actually has not helped one bit and my teams are now worse than any other version of this game.

edit, for example, my right full back, Steve Finnan, has good attributes. Well, this piece of "crap" has a rating of 6.32 and a 6.04 in the last 5. That's basically my team as a whole.

Tommy Smith, one of my main "strikers" or if I had a choice the guy on my team who I would push in front of a bus, has a rating of 6.59, 6.08 in the last 5.

David James. Should be a decent keeper with his attributes. 6.59 rating, 6.42 last 5. It's like this all over my team.

Are there people that play this game with crappy teams and win or not. I am serious. When I go on this forum looking for advice, all I see is people commenting on their Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U, Madrid, Milan teams. As I said in another thread. Where is the forum for us who need real help? Not help with world class teams. Please point me to that forum.

I appreciate that folks come to the forums and post their tactics. My request is for someone to create one with an below average team and show how it's done.

I've had great success with Mr Hough's 10.3 tactics, especially the final version. The key seems to be getting the right players in the right positions and using the right teamtalks

I prefer Wolfsong's teamtalk guide, it's genius in my opinion and with the problems you describe of decent players consistently preforming below par my guess would be that you're not giving them the right teamtalk.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=183599&highlight=wolfsong

As for getting the right players, my experience is that the defensive players ( including fullbacks ) need to be good in the air. Apart from that Mr Hough has written in the opening post the key stats for all the positions and there's a thread dedicated to player who fit especially well with this tactic.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=208061

Hope this could help you a little bit atleast.

Quite a Rant there, I can understand your frustrations as it's frustrating for me at times too.

I'll give you some advice on teams talks i recommend using the guide i have mentioned in OP but i normally go with my instinct on what to put, Example, I'm winning 2-0 at away and i click ask assistant and he says "Pleased" I'll change this because i think about what the Opposition manager will be telling his players and more than likely he'll be asking them "where's the passion" which is gonna fire the Opposition up so if i just tell my players that I'm pleased then they might take the foot off the gas and that would let the Opposition in so i normally would say For the fans or Encourage so they keep focused.

This is very logical thinking and you don't have to to be a great tactical person to think of this.

One other thing you could do is save your game and play about with the sliders get to know what does what that's the only way you'll understand. I had never made a single tactic before FM10 and the success of my tactics just goes to show what can be achieved with hard work and above all else patience.

Keep going you'll get there.

thanks for the response. Generally, I don't have much of an issue with the team talks. At least I don't think I do. I will look over what you wrote about that.

Maybe I will have to just re-play the same game over and over and change the sliders. I thought that in previous versions you couldn't do this as the result would always turn out the same. That could be one of those old wives tales I imagine.

Like I said, I just want to have fun. I don't need to dominate Europe. It's a shame you can't just create a tactic without having to rewatch games and change sliders to see what the difference is. Just seems like a goofy way to create tactics. But since I can't win any other way, this might be the only option.

The shame is, i thought that when they were making this version it was supposed to be easy to make tactics and not take much time to do it. That was what the big deal about the creator was. Make tactics quickly and simply. I kind of just want to play the game. Not spend countless hours going over the same game moving a slider. Ok next game move a slider. I just feel that there should be a different way I guess. Maybe some folks love creating and spending endless amounts of time on this part, but I like to play the games and get through seasons.

I feel my success rate will not be good. I appreciate your help. Although my request is still out there for someone to create a tactic with a BELOW average squad and explain how they do it.

I'd been to sleep for a few hours earlier before work tonight and my first game back was against chelsea at home beat the 2-1 i was leading 2-0 too. The stats where in there favor but dogged defending helped me secure the win.

I can't test anymore tonight because of work but i will test alot tomorrow and release the updated version tomorrow.

cant wait for the updated version. cheers mate

I've had great success with Mr Hough's 10.3 tactics, especially the final version. The key seems to be getting the right players in the right positions and using the right teamtalks

I prefer Wolfsong's teamtalk guide, it's genius in my opinion and with the problems you describe of decent players consistently preforming below par my guess would be that you're not giving them the right teamtalk.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=183599&highlight=wolfsong

As for getting the right players, my experience is that the defensive players ( including fullbacks ) need to be good in the air. Apart from that Mr Hough has written in the opening post the key stats for all the positions and there's a thread dedicated to player who fit especially well with this tactic.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=208061

Hope this could help you a little bit atleast.

on the fullbacks, i too have this problem. I have only 'flying wingbacks' in my team. Looks like i will have to draft in 'converted Centrebacks' as fullbacks to beef up the defence. Everybody knows, those players cost a bomb, especially if they can also attack.

RB : god would be Sergio Ramos type of player, although i will never buy him i play as At MAdrid. Maybe another choice would be an Italian player, Zanneti style. Micheal Chritchen would be a cheaper option, but i've bought him in other saves, consistent without any style. Maybe African players with impressive physical stats would be good?

LB: coming first to my mind, would be italian pair, Crissito or Chiellini. but both would cost a bomb! maybe a french fullback would do.

crap, my first team pair of Juan Vargas and Rafinha look set for the transfer list! Youngsters Cezar Azeilipueta and Dodo also dont have the required stats to be good headers, not to mention their all under 6 feet tall