Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like all the tactics :) ... and have used them in the english lower leagues with good success both home and away.

I do, however, seem to struggle against teams who play on wide fields. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to tweak this tactic, so I am not so vulnerable to wide play?? ... or is that just something I have to live with??

why dont u stop paying fm huh ? instead of making that rubbish posts u should help him.

omg such a stupid ppl

Well he made a rubbish post also then as he asked some one to send him it, as the better half said she wasn't uploading, i done the tweaks took me 5mins tops, its not rocket science.

I've downloaded 3 of the tactics,but they don't work as well as you lot are saying or as in the OP.Mind you though I wasn't playing,just holidaying to test it.Does holidaying make us lose or something ?

holidaying don't give you a good example of the tactic i suggest you play your games that would be better.

holidaying don't give you a good example of the tactic i suggest you play your games that would be better.

Tried it with Tottenham.After 3 months top of the league jointly with Man City and a better GD.Working well so far.Good tactic Mr.Hough :thup:

Why dont you create a 4-4-2 tactic as your next mission...

I can't get a wide formation to work sorry, Look at The Better Halfs tweaks on the previous page and apply them to the tactic.

She uses a 4-4-2 formation succesfully so it's worth a try.

I'm working now on 4-2-3-1, based on newest wizard one ofc (with MC's, AMR/L as inside forwards and AMC). Have anyone has idea how to set up AMC (assists > score) ?

PS. I also noticed that crossing @ targetman isnt so bad as far post ect. Is it true or its just my imagination ?

I'm working now on 4-2-3-1, based on newest wizard one ofc (with MC's, AMR/L as inside forwards and AMC). Have anyone has idea how to set up AMC (assists > score) ?

PS. I also noticed that crossing @ targetman isnt so bad as far post ect. Is it true or its just my imagination ?

every time i play welbeck and macheda has my 2 outer forwards they do get alot of headers at goal from the far post...guess it is bit like the attack far post corner routine...maybe the match engine favours this...(for some strange reason!!)

every time i play welbeck and macheda has my 2 outer forwards they do get alot of headers at goal from the far post...guess it is bit like the attack far post corner routine...maybe the match engine favours this...(for some strange reason!!)

i thought about whole game not only corners or free kicks

First off, thanks four the hours of hard work. Playing as Sevilla with the Hough/woody version and cannot get the team scoring. I haven't been messing with the squad, have been trying to let them gel, but we just can't get in the goals. My three up front are Rossi/Fabiano/Neymar with Negredo and Stancu backing up. Through 22 league games we have only hit for 26 and 12 of those are from your fantastic corner set up. Without having the entire team in front of you i know it will be tough, but anyone have any ideas?

Also incredibly oddly when i watch matches our build always seems to turn into a goalmouth scrum. Everyone just runs a the keeper and sometimes somebody hacks one in. Would it be harmful to make one MC a support?

First off, thanks four the hours of hard work. Playing as Sevilla with the Hough/woody version and cannot get the team scoring. I haven't been messing with the squad, have been trying to let them gel, but we just can't get in the goals. My three up front are Rossi/Fabiano/Neymar with Negredo and Stancu backing up. Through 22 league games we have only hit for 26 and 12 of those are from your fantastic corner set up. Without having the entire team in front of you i know it will be tough, but anyone have any ideas?

Also incredibly oddly when i watch matches our build always seems to turn into a goalmouth scrum. Everyone just runs a the keeper and sometimes somebody hacks one in. Would it be harmful to make one MC a support?

I noticed this aswell and i thought the build up play was quite slow, i am happy with the JP Woody/My version but i'll be looking at it over the next week when i have more time.

Try my Unbeaten Final version you should do well in front of goal with that.

Once again a brilliant tactic well done both of you :thup:

Just a small tweak I have tried as the goalkeeper is set to defender collect set it to your DL or DR and take tight marking off that player otherwise they will be under pressure as soon as they recieve the ball with tight marking on .

Just an idea but its worked for me on my tactic :)

I noticed this aswell and i thought the build up play was quite slow, i am happy with the JP Woody/My version but i'll be looking at it over the next week when i have more time.

Try my Unbeaten Final version you should do well in front of goal with that.

Thanks sir, I'll give it a go.:thup:

Been using this tactic in my test save for a few games now and to be fair its awesome

one thing I notice is goals i get from set pieces now.

My question is as I have not looked at any threads refering to the corner exploit does this tactic take advantage of any set piece ME bugs?

In five games my Cb has scored 5 identical goals from corners , theres no problem really as i can always revert the set piece instructions back to default just wondering more than anything Mr Hough :)

Plus Ive tried altering the formation into a 451 and 442 and it still kicks ass haha

Been using this tactic in my test save for a few games now and to be fair its awesome

one thing I notice is goals i get from set pieces now.

My question is as I have not looked at any threads refering to the corner exploit does this tactic take advantage of any set piece ME bugs?

In five games my Cb has scored 5 identical goals from corners , theres no problem really as i can always revert the set piece instructions back to default just wondering more than anything Mr Hough :)

Plus Ive tried altering the formation into a 451 and 442 and it still kicks ass haha

The corner routine is a backpost header and is very commen on tactics for a few FM's now.

I now there was a challenge keeper bug and a near post hearder bug and proberly this is a bug too but i don't think it's completly harmful to your game as you won't score 50 plus like you can with the man outside area bug.

Is it the 4-4-2 version you are using i haven't tried it yet

The corner routine is a backpost header and is very commen on tactics for a few FM's now.

I now there was a challenge keeper bug and a near post hearder bug and proberly this is a bug too but i don't think it's completly harmful to your game as you won't score 50 plus like you can with the man outside area bug.

Is it the 4-4-2 version you are using i haven't tried it yet

yes mate only changes i made when using your tactic as a 451 formation with AMR/L`s

was

1)Reducing the crossing on the fullbacks to sometimes.

2)Lowered the menatilty of the fullbacks by 3 or 4 clicks

3)Lowered the closing down of the fullbacks to the first click of own half i think mate

ALL in favour of putting Mr Hough and JP up for a Knighthood say I!!

PS

Im sure Mr Plough was in a episode of the simpsons (Homer was Mr Ploughking) lol

yes mate only changes i made when using your tactic as a 451 formation with AMR/L`s

was

1)Reducing the crossing on the fullbacks to sometimes.

2)Lowered the menatilty of the fullbacks by 3 or 4 clicks

3)Lowered the closing down of the fullbacks to the first click of own half i think mate

ALL in favour of putting Mr Hough and JP up for a Knighthood say I!!

PS

Im sure Mr Plough was in a episode of the simpsons (Homer was Mr Ploughking) lol

Yes i love the simpsons Ploughking vs Mr Plough is one of my fav episodes...

Anyway i've now changed the tactic to a 4-4-2 and will run with it for a season making any changes i feel will benefit my team.

I'll let you know how it goes

The post I made was to encourage users - and show that its possible - to tweak the tactic ( The wizard version Final unbeaten by Mr H & JP) into one that suits their team( rather than using my tweak). Therefor, no tactic wil be uploaded

But basically, the positional tweaks have been made.

Move the outer FCs into MR/L

Move the Central FC into FCleft

Move the left MC into Fcright

Move the DMC into the left MC spot

..and the following player settings have been tweaked.

Raise the mentality of the DCs by 2 notches

- This to make up for not having a DMC to cover the hole between the M and D strata

Mirror the roles of the 2 DCs

- this so that the more aggressive DC plays being the more attacking MC to close up the gap better ( instead of him playing behind the other MC(defensive), making them go for the same man.

Make the "new" FC, the previous MC a Target Man.

- this is done by changing his role to Target Man. The only thing this will actually change in his settings is to give him Hold up ball. After this, you can change his other settings to suit the player at hand

...and these team settings have been changed

Target man supply = to feet

Focus play = mixed, only changing it to suit extreme conditions and oppositions

What do you mean by mirror the roles, I'm abit confused by this?

What do you mean by mirror the roles, I'm abit confused by this?

I took this to mean move the DCl to the DCr spot, and vice versa. Then the more attacking DC is behind the more attacking MC (well, actually he isn't behind, or on top of, the more defensive MC)

I took this to mean move the DCl to the DCr spot, and vice versa. Then the more attacking DC is behind the more attacking MC (well, actually he isn't behind, or on top of, the more defensive MC)

Ahhhh, I see what you mean now thanks mate

Wich one has the best defence? Cause I'm leaking a lot of goals in classic version.

The best one for not conceding is the Hough/Woody one, the best one for scoring goals is the final unbeaten one. I Suggest starting with the Woddy tactic and then changing to the Final unbeaten one should you fall behind and need a goal:-)

Then when you take the lead change back again to the Woody one to not concede.

Ahhhh, I see what you mean now thanks mate

This is exactly what I meant. But if using a wizard tactic, one has to be more careful when doing - moving players - as they sometimes dont end up with the correct instructions, hence its better to manually mirror their settings. In this tactic though, all players are on individual settings and even if their "roles" visually changes form inside forward to lets say wide midfielder, they wont loose any of their actual settings.

hi mr plough i've been using this with c.palace for 4 seasons now last season 6th in prem great acheivement/tactic etc.

my problem is one which i haven't come across before sevilla at home in europa lge they played a 4-2-3-1 with a flat back four 2 central mid's an amc a amr an aml and 1 fc i got battered 4-2 and was very dissapointed.

my forward line is tafer, adebayor, and macheda!! any idea's what i did wrong here i thought i'd mastered this tactic and team talk's etc but this has totally stunned me although im not gonna replay the game as i have morals!!

I wish there was a tactic like this which had wingers :( AMAZING tactic, however feels a tad unrealistic. Take nothing away from Mr Hough though

No need to be sad. There are two versions that use wingers being tested, and hopefully both will be released. One is a flat 4-4-2 and the other is 4-1-1-2-2.