Help me out?

Hey guys

Im playing Dafuge's challenge, just started with Boreham Wood and I'm struggling as usual. But this is a really dull challenge if you dont get anywhere with it so I need some help!

I have a .pkm file here which might give you some pointers - any other info you need, just ask. Anyone who can give me some really good tactical advice, that would be really appreciated because I'm struggling with it at the moment big time.

Hello there :)

You've come here asking for advice and help, yet been as vague as anyone could have. I know you've uploaded a PKM but you'll be lucky if 3 people download it. You'd be even luckier if someone actually offered you advice based on that. Most of the users here are lazy and wouldn't go to that much trouble to help you out unfortunately.

What you need to do is be more specific in what you actually need help with. If it's just general tips then there are hundreds of thread's offering advice already. All you have to do is look down the page, or read the tactics bible thread up top. If it’s something more you need help with, then you'll have give us a lot more to go on. Things like what formation you currently use, or are thinking of using. List things like settings they use or are thinking of using. That way someone can help you a lot better and you might get some worthwhile replies that way :)

Oh - I was under the impression you could see my tactics from the .pkm files already and thus could suggest tweaks. If that's not the case, how can I go about showing you my tactics? Would just uploading the .tac files do the job?

OK. Well it's really early days so to be honest, none of those things are set in stone. Part of the reason I'm posting is to see if I can nail a really good tactic, which could be in any formation and within certain parameters, in any style.

Currently, I've played six BSS games and have four draws and two defeats, so clearly my current 3-5-2 tactic isnt working too well. It's a very rigid tactic, and the idea is that the wide players play as wing backs away and wide midfielders/wingers at home. Starting philosophy: counter away, control at home.

Direct Passing style, little creative freedom, players closing down and tackling hard, man marking, no specific crossing instructions and no roaming.

I havent yet touched the more specific instructions (sliders), but am open to doing so. Nor have I yet assigned any player instructions other than roles and duties.

Erm...any other info you need to know? The formation incidentally is due to resources entirely. I had lots of centre backs and not many full backs. Plus if you play 3-5-2 then you have fewer positions to worry about - no full backs to find....

OK. Well it's really early days so to be honest, none of those things are set in stone. Part of the reason I'm posting is to see if I can nail a really good tactic, which could be in any formation and within certain parameters, in any style.

Have a read of the link I posted above and check this out http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=185681 these will go a long way to help you create and maintain a good tactic.

Currently, I've played six BSS games and have four draws and two defeats, so clearly my current 3-5-2 tactic isnt working too well. It's a very rigid tactic, and the idea is that the wide players play as wing backs away and wide midfielders/wingers at home. Starting philosophy: counter away, control at home.

Have you watched any of the games back yourself? That way you can make notes as you'll spot flaws in the tactic.

Direct Passing style, little creative freedom, players closing down and tackling hard, man marking, no specific crossing instructions and no roaming.

Becareful when closing down heavily as players will get dragged out of position quite a lot. Also you have the whole team on hard tackling? Unless you have players with amazing stats then I wouldn't even consider doing that. You'll either miss important challenges of give away freekicks and pens.

You see this is the problem with this game. It's become TOO deep. To play like this, you'd have to more or less play in real time! I mean, seasons would take weeks or even months to complete! I'm playing a challenge which will need probably at least 20 seasons to be fulfilled, and I want to give myself a chance of doing it! If I watched every game three times over or checked over all the match analysis for each game, FM11 would be out before I get to 2010!!

You see this is the problem with this game. It's become TOO deep. To play like this, you'd have to more or less play in real time! I mean, seasons would take weeks or even months to complete! I'm playing a challenge which will need probably at least 20 seasons to be fulfilled, and I want to give myself a chance of doing it! If I watched every game three times over or checked over all the match analysis for each game, FM11 would be out before I get to 2010!!

You don't have to watch all games or pay much attention once you've got things right. So not sure were you got that idea from:confused: check out my Sheffield United Project thread to see what I mean.

But if someones wrong you've gotta be prepared to put the time into fixing it.

I have read through that, and done quite a few of the things - I've gone through the whole team setting individual instructions, and cant see much wrong with any of the settings I have already for the team. Yet once again, here I am, 2-0 down to Bromley! This game is simply TOO HARD! There arent enough hours in the day to put in the amount of work you seem to, if you want to play for a decent length of game time. Because although I understand that once things are working, its easier, things are always going to go wrong periodically, at least a few times a season (assuming you have a good season that is!). Methinks there should be an easier version!

Archived