The Big One. England v Australia. The Ashes. Cricket. Spoliers.

wycombe

• Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

look walking is dishonest unless you do it 101% of the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gilly does that. He even walks when he's not out icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

it could be a tactic though, if you're really not keen on batting first then you should go with the extra batsman as that would encourage the opposition team to make you field first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also, if we had a bowler as a sub, and we bowled first innings, he might not be needed, as maybe Vaughan, Tresco, Solanki etc, could fill in. If not, bring the bowler on for your extra batsman.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Haz:

So what can you Aussies tell me about Jason Krezja?

He's playing for Leics against your lot this weekend - not sure if he is here on trial or what. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he has big wraps - and i mean BIG - on him. all sorts of talk about him being our next big thing in the spinning department, and he's supposedly very handy with the bat too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's batted at No 6 today and made a neat 38. Really no idea why he is playing though, unless they are looking at signing him for the rest of the season - or next season icon_confused.gif

Maybe sebs will know more when he gets back from the game.

When I arrived at Grace Road I was walking over the car park and almost walked bang into Shane Warne, who was trying to escape this crowd of people waving caps and autograph books, going "I'm in a hurry....later.....I'll be back.....LATER".

He probably had just received a hot text or something icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well, having the last 4 batsman out for ducks is a little embarrassing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was one of the differences between the sides. Gillespie, McGrath, Lee and Warne stuck around and got runs. Jones, Giles and Harmison could add 70-100 runs which hopefully they'll do a couple of times during the rest of the series.

look the final margin of defeat was large but the match was pretty much in the balance until around the point Pietersen dropped Clarke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

seriously, if you believe that, you are deluding yourself.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zvonimir Boban:

Pietersen looked clearly out on that gloved down the legside, watch his bottom hand as well, he starts shaking it cos he knows he's gloved it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, he gave himself away. he also tried to grab his vest claiming it hit him there. unfortunately he was about half a foot away from where it could have possibly hit him icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Who the **** calls Tresco banger?"

Copied from BBC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Silly me.

Here's the quote:

Marcus Trescothick's nickname is Banger

He got his nickname because he loves sausages!

Shows just what a promising England side we have here - after Tresco reaching 5000 runs quicker than anyone bar some true greats, now Strauss has more centuries in his first 17 tests than anyone bar some true greats icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim2:

PS Struass was lucky to not be out, having scored his highest score of the summer. It was clipped the outside of the bat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was clipped the outside of the bat??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ranjith:

Giles hasn't done too bad against Warne has he?

He seems to be most uncomfortable against pace.

Statistics someone? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's been dismissed 5 times by Warne this series.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dips:

I don't think Sky will let the ECB wiggle out of this contract, they will be willing to go to court over this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only realistic way out is if the government gives the home tests the same status as the FA Cup final and the grand national, ie places them on the list of sporting events that have to be broardcast on terrestrial

Archived