Kevin Thomson - The Poor Mans Mascherano

billybobertson

When I first played the demo I started out as Aston Villa. I knew nothing about the game or good players and transfers to go for. I made it halfway through the season before buying the game and playing as Liverpool for a long time.

I recently went back to that Villa save to finish out the season (ended up taking 4th spot, 2nd in the League Cup, 2nd in the FA Cup and 2nd in the Europa League) and a player that was really influential for me was Kevin Thomson.

I had picked him up off Rangers for 1.5 million at the beginning of the game and have found that while he may not be a world beater, he is definitely very good for what he costs.

This is him a month into season 2:

f1dececd0a762140ed1274fc24374669.PNG

With his Marking ability and the Preferred Move "Marks Opponents Tightly" I found that he was very useful for taking the opposing teams strongest attackers out of the equation. Sad to say, he completely marked Steven Gerrard out of the 2 matches against Liverpool last season.

So, the fact that he costs 1.5 million, and is on 6,000 a week (with a 3,000 appearance bonus), this guy is DEFINITELY the poor mans Mascherano in this game.

Yea in the demo it was like 1.5m to buy him, soon as I got the game went and tried to buy him and Rangers demanded 8-9m. Depressing to say the least. He is a cracking player if you can get your hands on him cheap though, Rangers always seem to hold on with a vice-like grip though.

Orignally posted by santy001

Yea in the demo it was like 1.5m to buy him, soon as I got the game went and tried to buy him and Rangers demanded 8-9m. Depressing to say the least. He is a cracking player if you can get your hands on him cheap though, Rangers always seem to hold on with a vice-like grip though.

Exactly the same thing happened to me :(

Archived