FM11: Portsmouth FC Thread: No Money, No Players.. But We're Still Fighting!

Ty

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amazing thread Ty altough I have to point out a mistake :p beside the midfielders it says DC beside them all :thup: apart from that..great thread and I'll be having a game with Pompey and hopefully the news abiut them isnt true. :thup:

Yeah, cheers for that. It is because I used the same format for them all :o Schoolboy error!

Finally out the embargo on mine, managed to get Stephen Darby, Frank Nouble and Ryan Donaldson on loan, and got Tom Soares coming in for £0 from Stoke in January!

Interesting signings, Donaldson is a striker yes? Wouldn't of though you would needed him. Great deal with Soares to bad you won't be able to play him though!

Naughton didn't want to come! Donaldson I got as back up for Brown in centre-midfield.

Nouble I got for leftwing, so I don't have to play Utaka there, and Darby is back up for right back! :)

Let Flahavan go as well.

Anyone completed the demo yet? :D

Naughton didn't want to come! Donaldson I got as back up for Brown in centre-midfield.

Nouble I got for leftwing, so I don't have to play Utaka there, and Darby is back up for right back! :)

Let Flahavan go as well.

Anyone completed the demo yet? :D

Fair enough, but Utaka is a machine on the left wing :cool:

And yes I have, completed it yesterday - my post is up there about it. Got into the semi finals of League cup :cool: and was around 8th in the league, wish I could of carried it on!

Yeah definitely, you need fullbacks and probably just an extra bit of cover in midfield guys.

No need for strikers what so ever, you have an abundance of them! They are all pretty decent for Championship as well, except Webber. I hate that guy, useless.

Webber isn't that bad tbf, not bad for about a 4th/5th choice.

Meh, I have always disliked him. It isn't just a Portsmouth thing.

I don't want to start properly with Portsmouth on the demo, you know why.

So I am just browsing things and trying out new stuff, and messing around being other teams as well.

Tempted mess about with Chelsea and try to just get use to attempting to buy players, something you can't do with Portsmouth on the demo.

Yeah, obviously I will have a quick save with them, but wont be taking anything serious. Just a matter of different formations, seeing who you can buy and all that.

Promotion first season is a realistic proposition though

With the squad we have, I am pretty sure we should be able to get promotion, it is a strong squad. (Albeit a little small)

You can spend it, 10 players on 2k a week wages ;)

I would prefer not to, how good would these £2k players be :D

Ty we going to have our own records post in here?

Yeah, I was tempted to use one of the reserved posts for it. Was debating yesterday! I might just do it.

I was gonna suggest pulling off the records as a reference one then updating a new list as we go?

Post the template or what ever in here, not sure what you mean.

hi all

some thoughts on the demo with pompey

sitting in 5th at demo end which im happy with , obviously havent signed anybody

key players for me are utaka (left wing 8 assists 7 goals) lawrence right win and kitson upfront

ashdown has made 4 shockers but maybe thats just my game save? lost last three games mainly down to having 4 defenders injured and having to play 2 youth players in full games.

Is the general consensus that the whole squad will need to be replaced if promotion is achieved? perhaps utaka,kitson and rocha are the only ones i would be tempted to keep if and when that arises.

The fact that fm rewards squad consistency so much these days means when you are promoted its going to be a very hard challenge getting a new side to gel

any further thoughts appreciated.

I was using a 4-4-2 similar to the template at the start of this thread

Archived