Call for Assistance -- FM11 VERSION!!

GreyedOutMan

Hey guys

I'm back!

You may have seen various careers threads I've had in the past, including a 'Call for Assistance' thread last year. I'm not very good at FM. In FM10, it took my Arsenal team until 2022 to win its first league title since 2004. I am a massive Arsenal fan and I will be playing as Arsenal again in a world that is unedited, save for the tournament names which of course are always wrong! I wont have as much time this year due to work commitments, and I am also going to have games running in Neppo and Dafuge's challenges, so dont expect this to be quite as long as last season's.

My plan, as it was last time, is that I will open the door to my major FM career (I think it's likely this will be that despite having two other games planned, as I love Arsenal and I really enjoyed helping Cesc Fabregas break all sorts of records in the last game as he played will past his 36th birthday!!). In return what I want is a HUMAN assistant manager. I know the game's AssMan has improved, but I think some human input would be good.

However, the first thing I want to know from people is what sort of changes they think I should make to the database. Purely for realism. Is renaming competitions enough? Can anyone think of anything else that would be useful? The other things I'd like are links to logo/face/kit etc packs - it's always nice to have a fully functioning graphics set. I will be starting this game as soon as the full game is out and I have had time to do my editing.

So, to sum up - for the moment the request is for:

1) advice on what to edit on the DB - which competitions need renaming (other than the obvious), anything else that would benefit long term games (guessing nothing here...).

2) links and advice on graphics. I would like to see stadium backgrounds for all the clubs, plus logos, kits and faces, at the very least. Any bonus gfx on top of that -- great!

3) starting advice - which players possibly should be sold in the first window, signed in the first window, initial tactics etc. Obviously I do have my own ideas on this, and I'm tempted to keep it realistic by disabling transfers in the first window so that I can assess my squad for a few months. What do people think of that?

Start suggesting - as I have done before, the people who contribute the most will have staff "nicknamed" after them. This will be done on a rolling basis so if you give me some advice and I name someone after you, you need to keep going in order to stay there. The better the advice, the more important you will be - from a crappy scout right up to my Assistant Manager and perhaps even the Chairman!! Screenshots will always be posted!

1) advice on what to edit on the DB - which competitions need renaming (other than the obvious), anything else that would benefit long term games (guessing nothing here...).

The Johnstone's Paint Trophy (or whatever it's called these days) should be renamed Eidos Suck Arse Trophy, since that is all that competition is good for.

Archived