FM11 Official Crystal Palace Thread: Thanks Steve Parish.

SWalton

Welcome to the 2011 thread of

Crystal Palace F.C.

What administration?

Crystal_Palace_FC.png

Looking for the 2010 thread?

Official Club Site - Fan Sites - Ect.

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/

http://www.holmesdale.net/

http://www.cpfc.org/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crystal_palace/default.stm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_palace_f.c.

http://twitter.com/official_CPFC

Crystal Palace Football Club are an English professional football club based in South Norwood, London. The team plays its home matches at Selhurst Park, where they have been based since 1924. The club currently competes in the Npower Championship.

A Brief History of Crystal Palace F.C.

Crystal Palace was formed in 1905 by workers at The Crystal Palace. They did not reach the top division of English Football until 1969-70, and did not reach a major final until 1990. Relegated from the top division in 1973 and once again in the following season leaving the club playing in the third tier of English football for the 1974-75 season, before being promoted back to the top level by 1979-80.

Crystal Palace's most recent successful period began in 1988-89, when the club finished third in the Second Division and was promoted to the First Division. They reached the 1990 FA Cup Final only to lose the replay against Manchester United, and finished 3rd in the First Division in 1990-91. Palace was a founding member of the FA Premier League (1992-93) but was relegated that season. Since then Palace has been relegated from and promoted to the FA Premier League on a number of occasions. Their most recent relegation from the top flight was in the 2004-05 season.

The club has twice gone into administration, first in 1998, which ended in 2000 with the purchase by Simon Jordan. His tenure also ended with administration in 2010, leading to a takeover by the CPFC 2010 consortium led by Steve Parish, owner of marketing agency Tag Worldwide.

palacepanorama.png

Football Manager Info

Club Information

Nation - England

Year Founded - 1905

Status - Professional

Reputation - National

Chairman Status - Loves The Club

Legends – Peter Simpson, Jim Cannon, Steve Coppell

Icons – Dougie Freedman, Geoff Thomas, Andy Johnson, Nigel Martyn, John Jackson, Johnny Byrne, Atillio Lombardo, Ian Wright, Malcom Allison, Don Rogers

Favoured Personnel – Clinton Morrison, Steve Kember, John Salako, Peter Taylor, Kenny Sansom, Gareth Southgate, Aki Riihilahti

Fierce Rivals - Brighton, Millwall, Charlton

Other Rivals - Birmingham

Finances - Okay

Average Ticket Price - £23.00

Average Season Ticket Price - £400

Season Ticket Holders - 10001

Estimated Value - £10.25 million (Loan Debt: £22.5million)

Continental Competition - None

Media Prediction - 22nd

Squad Personality - Professional

Captain - Paddy McCarthy

Vice Captain - Julian Speroni

Club Facilities

Stadium - Selhurst Park

Location - London

Rent - 1.2 Million per year

Undersoil Heating - No

Roof - No

Surface - Grass

Capacity - 26309 All-seater

Stadium Condition - Poor

Pitch Condition - Perfect

Pitch Dimensions - Length: 101m Width: 68m

Maximum Pitch Dimensions - Length: 110m Width: 75m

Corporate Facilities - Average corporate facilities

Training Facilities - Good training facilities

Youth Facilities - Average youth facilities + Youth Academy

Youth Recruitment - Above average youth recruitment

Budget

Expectations - Avoid Relagation, Mid-table finish, Top Half Finish, Promotion, Title Challenge, Winner

Transfer Budget - £200k, £250k, £275k, £300k, £325k, £350k

Wage Budget - £80k pw, £87k pw, £89k pw, £89k pw, £91k pw, £92k pw - Currently Spending £78,680 per week

Current Squad

Note that squad members are listed in their favourite/natural position, many will be able to play or fill in elsewhere.

Blue = On Loan

Red = Injured

GK - Julian Speroni, Wesley Foderingham, Lewis Price

DR - David Wright, Nathanial Clyne

DL - Julian Bennet, Lee Hills

DC - Claude Davis, Adam Barret, Anthony Gardener, Paddy McCarthy

DM - Edgar Davids

MR - Kieran Cadogan

ML - Kieran Dijilali

MC - Alassane N'Diaye, Owen Garven, Neil Danns, Andy Dorman

AMC - Darren Ambrose

ST - Sean Scannel, Pablo Counago, Calvin Andrew, Jonathan Obika

Squad Report - This should be fun...

0,,10323~8944238,00.jpg

Your squad is definitely in for a relegation battle or at best a comfortable bottom half finish. With some heavy strengthening you can easily finish mid-table/top half. With a major overhaul, the right tactics and some luck you could make the play-offs, but then again isn't this true of half of the Championship.

Worse is that with the wage and transfer budget being as they are you're going to have to rely on free transfers and loans, selling deadwood and buying on the cheap is also the only other viable option but even then only expect a few low-key signings.

Key Target: Strengthen most areas with free transfers and loans and add depth to just about all areas.

Goalkeepers

Having joined from Dundee 6 years ago for around 750k Julian Speroni is your undisputed number one. Especially as your only other two keepers are 19 year old Foderingham and 25 year old Price, both of whom would even look out of place in a league 2 reserve side.

Speroni is a decent keeper who could keep his place in a lower prem side and you should get at least 2-3 years out of him before you need to replace him (Unless you achieve promotion and secure premier league status withing this time of course).

You'll probably want to terminate Price or Woderinghams contracts or sell if you can as they're not going to help you in your game. Get rid of one asap (keeping one of them as 3rd choice) and find a decent back-up for Speroni, and in the next few seasons start searching for some youth prospects.

Best for Position - Julian Speroni

Youth Prospect - N/A

Ideal Targets - Mahamadou Sidibe (Free), Tony Sylva (Free), Stuart Taylor (Man City - Loan)

Rightbacks

Fullbacks on the right side are sadly lacking in any substance, you have the pacey Clyne who has potential and would do as decent back-up. Wright is your other choice and in my opinion the better of the two. Though both are never going to set the world alight, he is a better rounded RB and is more physical than Clyne.

Alex Marrow can also play at here but as he's a natural CM, and he's not much to look at there, I wouldn't be confident of playing him here.

Though there isn't much between them and there are other parts of the team that need improving more desperately so it wouldn't be an awful idea to keep these two how they are.

Ideally loan Clyne out for some experience, sign up a better RB and use Wright as back-up though this area isn't in vital need of a better RB.

Best for Position - David Wright (For a more solid RB), Nathanial Clyne (For a pacier RB)

Youth Prospect - Nathanial Clyne

Ideal Targets - Mark Wilson (Celtic - Loan), Kenny Pavey (AIK - 60k), Abubakari Yakubu (Free), Kyle Walker (Tottenham - Loan)

Leftbacks

Best for Position - Julian Bennet

Youth Prospect - Lee Hills

Ideal Targets - Michael Ball (Free), Sylvinho (Free), Leandro Grimi (Sporting CP - Loan), Timothy Atouba (Ajax - Loan)

Centrebacks

Best for Position -

Youth Prospect -

Ideal Targets -

Right Midfield

Best for Position -

Youth Prospect -

Ideal Targets -

Left Midfield

Youth Prospect -

Ideal Targets -

Centre Midfield

Best for Position -

Youth Prospect -

Ideal Targets -

Strikers

Best for Position -

Youth Prospect -

Ideal Targets -

Welcome to the 2011 thread of

Crystal Palace F.C.

What administration?

Crystal_Palace_FC.png

Looking for the 2010 thread?

Official Club Site - Fan Sites - Ect.

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/

http://www.holmesdale.net/

http://www.cpfc.org/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crystal_palace/default.stm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_palace_f.c.

http://twitter.com/official_CPFC

Crystal Palace Football Club are an English professional football club based in South Norwood, London. The team plays its home matches at Selhurst Park, where they have been based since 1924. The club currently competes in the Npower Championship.

A Brief History of Crystal Palace F.C.

Crystal Palace was formed in 1905 by workers at The Crystal Palace. They did not reach the top division of English Football until 1969-70, and did not reach a major final until 1990. Relegated from the top division in 1973 and once again in the following season leaving the club playing in the third tier of English football for the 1974-75 season, before being promoted back to the top level by 1979-80.

Crystal Palace's most recent successful period began in 1988-89, when the club finished third in the Second Division and was promoted to the First Division. They reached the 1990 FA Cup Final only to lose the replay against Manchester United, and finished 3rd in the First Division in 1990-91. Palace was a founding member of the FA Premier League (1992-93) but was relegated that season. Since then Palace has been relegated from and promoted to the FA Premier League on a number of occasions. Their most recent relegation from the top flight was in the 2004-05 season.

The club has twice gone into administration, first in 1998, which ended in 2000 with the purchase by Simon Jordan. His tenure also ended with administration in 2010, leading to a takeover by the CPFC 2010 consortium led by Steve Parish, owner of marketing agency Tag Worldwide.

palacepanorama.png

Football Manager Info

Club Information

Nation - England

Year Founded - 1905

Status - Professional

Reputation - National

Chairman Status - Loves The Club

Legends – Peter Simpson, Jim Cannon, Steve Coppell

Icons – Dougie Freedman, Geoff Thomas, Andy Johnson, Nigel Martyn, John Jackson, Johnny Byrne, Atillio Lombardo, Ian Wright, Malcom Allison, Don Rogers

Favoured Personnel – Clinton Morrison, Steve Kember, John Salako, Peter Taylor, Kenny Sansom, Gareth Southgate, Aki Riihilahti

Fierce Rivals - Brighton, Millwall, Charlton

Other Rivals - Birmingham

Finances - Okay

Average Ticket Price - £23.00

Average Season Ticket Price - £400

Season Ticket Holders - 10001

Estimated Value - £10.25 million (Loan Debt: £22.5million)

Continental Competition - None

Media Prediction - 22nd

Squad Personality - Professional

Captain - Paddy McCarthy

Vice Captain - Julian Speroni

Club Facilities

Stadium - Selhurst Park

Location - London

Rent - 1.2 Million per year

Undersoil Heating - No

Roof - No

Surface - Grass

Capacity - 26309 All-seater

Stadium Condition - Poor

Pitch Condition - Perfect

Pitch Dimensions - Length: 101m Width: 68m

Maximum Pitch Dimensions - Length: 110m Width: 75m

Corporate Facilities - Average corporate facilities

Training Facilities - Good training facilities

Youth Facilities - Average youth facilities + Youth Academy

Youth Recruitment - Above average youth recruitment

Budget

Expectations - Avoid Relagation, Mid-table finish, Top Half Finish, Promotion, Title Challenge, Winner

Transfer Budget - £200k, £250k, £275k, £300k, £325k, £350k

Wage Budget - £80k pw, £87k pw, £89k pw, £89k pw, £91k pw, £92k pw - Currently Spending £78,680 per week

Current Squad

Note that squad members are listed in their favourite/natural position, many will be able to play or fill in elsewhere.

Blue = On Loan

Red = Injured[/size]

GK - Julian Speroni, Wesley Foderingham, Lewis Price

DR - David Wright, Nathanial Clyne

DL - Julian Bennet, Lee Hills

DC - Claude Davis, Adam Barret, Anthony Gardener, Paddy McCarthy

DM - Edgar Davids

MR - Kieran Cadogan

ML - Kieran Dijilali

MC - Alassane N'Diaye, Owen Garven, Neil Danns, Andy Dorman

AMC - Darren Ambrose

ST - Sean Scannel, Pablo Counago, Calvin Andrew, Jonathan Obika

More to come!

I'm quite sure crystal palace are no longer in debt due to them coming out of administration. Also they own the stadium as well.

What about the finances. I think we should be in a better position than in the demo don't you think? Thanks

I don't know mate. 2 seconds and i'll get you a link for the Crystal Palace data issues. It may have been covered in there. I'm not to sure though.

Here it is: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/230256-ENGLAND-Crystal-Palace-(Official)-Data-Issues

I'm quite sure crystal palace are no longer in debt due to them coming out of administration. Also they own the stadium as well.

Did you really need to quote the whole OP?! :D

Nice OP btw :thup:

• 1 month later...

This thread needs livening up. How many are playing as Palace? Currently third, first season, with fifteen games left. Signings include Leon Kantelburg, Olivier Kapo, Garry O'Connor (all on frees), and Chelsea's Woods and Man U's Chester for 250k and 500k respectively. I also got Blackpool's Crainey for 350k. I've signed one or two others as well. I find 442 Diamond works a treat with N'Diaye as an Anchor in every game. 451 is handy against some of the bigger clubs too. I am sheepish to admit that I sacked...the Dougster, and replaced him with a chap called Morling.

• 3 weeks later...

@england1: You should have some luck getting Olivier Kapo and Leon Kantelberg on frees - both were exceptional for me. I would consider selling Ambrose, as he's very injury prone, lacks confidence, and doesn't seem involved (that might have just been my game though). If you can stump up any cash then I suggest you try and purchase Leigh Griffiths from Dundee and James Chester from Man Utd. I found that 4-4-2 Diamond was a good formation with Jonathan Obika up front (25 goals in my first season!) and someone big next to him like Garry O'Connor (who I got on a free in January, first season). N'Diaye was very good as an anchor man, and Danns was excellent as an ACM. In terms of extra loanees - Villa's Bannan and Arsenal's Lanbury are great acquisitions.

Started a game with the palace earlier today and things are going... well better then expected. Overall form has been sketchy but good picking up some v.impressive results and after 17 games we're currently sitting 9th and only a point between us and the playoffs. P: 17 W: 8 D: 4 L: 5.

I've been using a 4-4-2 diamond playing on the counter attack and keeping things narrow:

crystalpalacecrystalpal.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Key Players so far:

wilfriedzahaprofileattr.th.png

nathanielclyneprofileat.th.png

leighgriffithsprofileat.th.png

End of Season One/ Start of Season Two Update:

Brilliant season overall saw us finish 3rd yes that's right not 23rd but 3rd! and victories over Portsmouth and Cardiff in the play-offs means Premiership football for the palace once again!

npowerchampionshipinforq.th.png

Leigh Griffiths was a monster scoring 32 goals and finishing as the championships top scorer. I'd highly recommend him to anyone just starting (hint hint Jamescrews :p.) He also won fan's player of the year.

Nat Clyne also deserves a mention i started him all season and he was easily one of my best players and his stats steadily rose through out.

Zaha was poached from me by ChelseaChelsea in the January transfer window for 1.3 million meaning an odd thing happened... Palace had money... too spend!

With it I bought another N'Diyae (Ismaila) this one also plays in CDM and proved a good anchor man for the rest of the season.

Then we got given 40 million for Premiership T.V. Rights and the board (now led by former director martin long) was nice enough to give me a big chunk on it to buy new players :) Praise the lord!

Summer Transfers:

crystalpalacetransfersh.th.png

Start of the Premier season and we're still unbeaten and even have had some impressive victories including a particular pleasing one against Everton:

crystalpalacecrystalpalh.th.png

• 1 month later...

Just started as Palace in first season.

Half way through the season now on January 1st and we currently sit in 8th. After 12 games we were second, however a dreadful run influenced by the inevitable 2 or 3 injuries has screwed me over.

Major plus points so far has been the arrival of Darius Vassell on a free - smashing the goals in. Also that young defensive midfielder N'daiye has been pretty deece. Oh and Danny Shittu - absolute monster.

Anyway its January, and we are desperate for reinforcements! Have used up my loan allocation so need quick easy cheap buys. Also, because of the lack of decent wingers I play the diamond. How can i play this formation more effectively? Do i go direct? I'm on a losing streak of 4 games!

For some reason, my teams fitness levels are atrocious as well. I dont have the budget to get a better backroom team in, is there anyway I can improve this, every Tuesday night we look like a bunch of amateurs - blowing for breath after 45 mins.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Started a new game on 11.3 as I thought this would be a good challenge. I started off by saying I would avoid relegation. With no money to start with and not a lot to spend on wages it was going to have to be frees and loans. I got Chelsea as my parent club.

Ins:

A Yakaubu - Free

Edu - Free

Ricchetti - Free

Josh McCrechan - (seaon loan)

L Armani - £400k

Goreus - £200k

Vodenbrook - £1k

W Garcia - £100k

Got reid of some dead wood and made about £700k

1st Season

Had a brilliant season and amazingly won the play-offs against Reading. Armani got 23 goals & Vaughan hit 20. Thankfully I got through the season without either of them picking up injuries

2nd Season

I started off pre-season finding it ver hard to sign players. The board gave me £18m budget to try avoid relegation. Only problem was trying to attract players. Villa got relegated & whilst I had offers accecpted on there big guns the wages was a stumbling block.

Ins:

A Smithies - £925k

Bodor - Free

C Smalling - (Season Loan £1m)

D Vaughan - Free

C Adam - £5m

L Davids - Free

Shone - Free

Anichebe - Free

I Miller - (Loan)

de tellio - (Loan £400k)

M Klose - Free

Outs:

Danns 2.1m - Villa

Zaha - £4m - Man Utd

Others for free

Results so far:

Palace 2-1 Fulham

Liverpool 2-0 Palace

Preston 6-2 Palace (CC2)

Palace 1-2 Spurs

Man City 2-0 Palace

Palace 0-2 West Brom

Birmingham 2-3 Palace

Sunderland 2-2 Palace.

Currently sitting 14 with 7 points.

Really am enjoying this save at the moment.

Started a new game on 11.3 as I thought this would be a good challenge. I started off by saying I would avoid relegation. With no money to start with and not a lot to spend on wages it was going to have to be frees and loans. I got Chelsea as my parent club.

Ins:

A Yakaubu - Free

Edu - Free

Ricchetti - Free

Josh McCrechan - (seaon loan)

L Armani - £400k

Goreus - £200k

Vodenbrook - £1k

W Garcia - £100k

Got reid of some dead wood and made about £700k

1st Season

Had a brilliant season and amazingly won the play-offs against Reading. Armani got 23 goals & Vaughan hit 20. Thankfully I got through the season without either of them picking up injuries

2nd Season

I started off pre-season finding it ver hard to sign players. The board gave me £18m budget to try avoid relegation. Only problem was trying to attract players. Villa got relegated & whilst I had offers accecpted on there big guns the wages was a stumbling block.

Ins:

A Smithies - £925k

Bodor - Free

C Smalling - (Season Loan £1m)

D Vaughan - Free

C Adam - £5m

L Davids - Free

Shone - Free

Anichebe - Free

I Miller - (Loan)

de tellio - (Loan £400k)

M Klose - Free

Outs:

Danns 2.1m - Villa

Zaha - £4m - Man Utd

Others for free

Results so far:

Palace 2-1 Fulham

Liverpool 2-0 Palace

Preston 6-2 Palace (CC2)

Palace 1-2 Spurs

Man City 2-0 Palace

Palace 0-2 West Brom

Birmingham 2-3 Palace

Sunderland 2-2 Palace.

Currently sitting 14 with 7 points.

Really am enjoying this save at the moment.

gets to end of December and I am bottom of the table with only 3 wins. In the Jan Transfer window I bought J Valdavia for £15m over 48 months. He certainly made my midfield a lot better. Going into the final game of the season I was 18th and needed to beat Blackburn at home and hope West Ham failed to beat Newcastle at home. Neither happened and I was relegated.

Despite this the board stuck by me and give me a transfer kitty of £6m for the new season and expected me to achieve promotion.

I only had to get rid of James Vaughan as he had one year left on his contract and was requesting £30k a week. He went to Leicester for £1m

Ins:

Walter Soares - £100k

Dudka - Free

Mark Wilson - £775k

S Caulker - Season Loan

S Ireland - Season Loan

D Digard - Free

J Collison - £775k

I Miller - Season Loan

P Diaz - £950k

Outs:

Wright - Free

Barrett - Free

Petit - Free

Garvan - Season Loan

Ambrose - Season Loan

Ricchetti - Free

Andrews - Free

D Vaughan - £1m

So Far I sit top after 12 games. Winning 8 drawn 3 and lost won. Lost in 3rd Rnd of Carling Cup at Preston.

Still really enjoying this save despite my first ever relegation on FM

gets to end of December and I am bottom of the table with only 3 wins. In the Jan Transfer window I bought J Valdavia for £15m over 48 months. He certainly made my midfield a lot better. Going into the final game of the season I was 18th and needed to beat Blackburn at home and hope West Ham failed to beat Newcastle at home. Neither happened and I was relegated.

Despite this the board stuck by me and give me a transfer kitty of £6m for the new season and expected me to achieve promotion.

I only had to get rid of James Vaughan as he had one year left on his contract and was requesting £30k a week. He went to Leicester for £1m

Ins:

Walter Soares - £100k

Dudka - Free

Mark Wilson - £775k

S Caulker - Season Loan

S Ireland - Season Loan

D Digard - Free

J Collison - £775k

I Miller - Season Loan

P Diaz - £950k

Outs:

Wright - Free

Barrett - Free

Petit - Free

Garvan - Season Loan

Ambrose - Season Loan

Ricchetti - Free

Andrews - Free

D Vaughan - £1m

So Far I sit top after 12 games. Winning 8 drawn 3 and lost won. Lost in 3rd Rnd of Carling Cup at Preston.

Still really enjoying this save despite my first ever relegation on FM

U sold Ambrose, OH dear !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived