FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DennisIran - don't get too down hearted getting relegated. i always tend to get relegated from top division in 1st season but it always makes you stronger and when you get back there you will be better for it.....

good luck next season.

Things I like about FM: Looking away from the screen in despair at going 1-0 down early on, only to be 4-1 up when I look back at the screen. :D

Things I don't like about FM: Promptly conceding two goals when 4-1 up and spending the entire second half hyperventilating any time the opposition get the ball in my half. :(

Things I like about FM: The moment the game is over and I've won 4-3 to secure a club record 12th competitive win in a row. :D

I'm really lost atm. One game we beat Rangers 3-1 away from home. Then we go to Inverness and lose 2-0 without having a single shot on goal.

I really have no idea what to do. It all seems completely random atm. :confused: At least we're no longer bottom of the table.

Things I like about FM: Looking away from the screen in despair at going 1-0 down early on, only to be 4-1 up when I look back at the screen. :D

Things I don't like about FM: Promptly conceding two goals when 4-1 up and spending the entire second half hyperventilating any time the opposition get the ball in my half. :(

Things I like about FM: The moment the game is over and I've won 4-3 to secure a club record 12th competitive win in a row. :D

Snap I'm having those moments as well. Especially playing teams like Werder Bremen, Leverkusen et al. I go down 1-0 and walk away or click to a web screen only to go back and find I'm up big time.

Right.

We've set a new record for 6 losses in a row.

We're 17th (16th and below go down).

Transfer window has come and my 6 agreed transfers are in.

The 34 year old LM Tsaplin who I hoped would give us superb experience and ability has, on the 2nd August (Window opened 1 day before), been diagnosed with tendonitis and is out for 9 months :D. Disaster.

I love it when you lose 5-2 yet still get promoted the same day!

Sorry to hear you'be been fired Dennis, i can relate happened to me first attempt in here.

Come on iacovone you can survive i know you can ..

Great update Lower Leagues Rule, now thats a good read.

.. and nice one Minisav it's always good to win the league but 29 points clear is just too sweet.

Well. First game with my new charges and we took a deserved 1-0 lead away at Krasnodar (14th placed). Then we suffered 3 injuries and a red card before conceding in the 92nd minute to draw.

Some things never change :rolleyes:

So not just me that seems to have an injury crises every week .. Do you also have to make 8-9 changes when the games pile up?

General fitness levels go down to around the 80% mark for 6/7 players, regularly pick up at least one injury a game and seem to get a lot of red cards. Although the final point seems to be a trend across the whole division.

Souns about the same i've got a couple that drop below even that though ... I'm not so bad with red cards though ... Although the refs do seem to like flashing the cards around.

come on iacovone!!

sorry to see you sacked Dennis - hopefully you'll be back here sometime soon....

i'll updat with my news tomorrow but let's just say i am moving away from Italy for a bit..... Destination unknown (to you anyway - i've already taken charge...) ;)

Sorry to hear you'be been fired Dennis, i can relate happened to me first attempt in here.

Come on iacovone you can survive i know you can ..

Great update Lower Leagues Rule, now thats a good read.

.. and nice one Minisav it's always good to win the league but 29 points clear is just too sweet.

Haha thanks. Some players far too good for the level tbh. Got a few more coming in hopefully. Another CM, an ST and a LB. Need an RB and some wingers to be ready. Got another LM/ST in the shape of Luke Freeman who is ex-Arsenal I think. Hopefully they all sign. Also going to have to make some sales this time as I need the wage budget space.

Logo-3.png

2014/15 - Hallescher FC - German Second Division

Transfers - 10 IN for 1.3m & 10 OUT for 250k

A few big names in, Elmohamady the biggest, in for free from Polonia. Other big names included Damien Le Tallec and ageing left back Kleber.

League - Promotion at last! We again played very well we had secured a play-off spot with 4 games to go and had been promoted with 2 games remaining. We ended top scorers in the league with 75 goals and finished 1 point behind league winners Bochum. Former first division side Augsburg were relegated.

Squad List/Stats

Top Scorer - Marko Obradovic, 15

Most Assists - Ahmed Elmohamedy, 16

Most MOM - Marko Obradovic, 6

Ave Rating - Marko Obradovic, 7.42

Other Notable Players - Emanual Aguirre & Damien Le Tallec

Finances - Another big prize money windfall boosted the finances back up as throughout the season we lost money through high wages and not getting the attendances we deserve. I'm going to ask for a new stadium soonish and see what they say.

The board however did grant my request to improve the training facilities as the youngsters we are getting through are pretty poor thus far. Youth Facilities Upgrade

Season  | League          | Pos  | Cup           | Europe            | Other Achievements
11/12   | 3rd Division    | 2nd  | n/a           | n/a               | Promoted
12/13   | 2nd Division    | 10th | 1st Rnd       | n/a               | Consolidation
13/14   | 2nd Division    | 3rd  | 2nd Rnd       | n/a               | Lost in Play-Off Final
14/15   | 2nd Division    | 2nd  | 2nd Rnd       | n/a               | Promoted 

louhans%20cuiseaux.jpg

SC Louhans-Cuiseaux

So after a little teasing i have decided to become the new manager of SC Louhans-Cuiseaux.

Founded in 1970 after the unification of "Club Sportif Louhannais" (founded in 1916) and "Club de Cuiseaux" (founded in 1930), based in the villages of Louhans and Cuiseaux. The club plays at the Stade du Bram. The club are from the Bourgigne region of Eastern France, an area my uncle lived for many years before heading south a couple of years ago.... Also, the club badge is a bit quirky and i like the colours of red and yellow.....

Really looking forward to playing in a country i like but have not really played in on FM for the last few years.....

ALLEZ LES JAUNES ET ROUGES!

SnakeXe's Messina - Season 5 - 2015/16

Story of the Season:

Serie B - 12th

All in all a very successful first season in Serie B! We only had a couple of really worrying runs, losing 3 in a row around 10 games in, and then again in the last 3 matches of the season. In between, we picked up most of the points against teams in and around us, with the odd upset against a far better team, and we were unbeaten (a win and a loss) against fierce rivals Reggina - can't really ask for much more.

Looking at the table, we were at the tail end of the group of sides just outside the playoffs, which is an excellent position to push on from. I'm very confident we can push on next year with some smart signings - two of which I've set up already. The playoffs have to be the target, due to the fairly low standard to get into them, but I wouldn't expect us to win them.

Also celebrated my 200th game in charge this year :)

Coppa Italia - 3rd Qualifying Round

Another win-loss record this year, but by virtue of joining the competition a round later, we record our best ever result under my management! Still rubbish though, haven't had a single proper cup run since the first season.

Results 1 - Results 2 - Results 3 - Squad

Transfers - Broke Even

Moved a lot of players in and out for no money. Notable players were Unai, who wouldn't sign a new contract, and who scored twice against me in the league this season for new club Cosenza, and my management's most capped player, Licata, who was just out of his depth at this level. Best incoming transfer was probably Diego Farias, a right winger.

5 Most Important Players:

5. Luca Tedeschi - DC - Still our best defender, but only just. Nicolas and Kiko are the future though.

4. Enzo Scorza - ST - Contributed well until I got sick of his tantrums and went to a 1-striker formation, still did damage off the bench though. Supersub might be the best role for him.

3. Ruben - AML - Excellent prospect, scored some important goals too.

2. Diego Farias - AMRLC - Probably empirically our best ever player, could do with the ratings to support that though.

1. Francesc Alcalde - AMLC/ST - Last year's midseason signing was fantastic, scoring nearly a goal per game. Shame his injury problems and indiscipline limited his appearances.

History:

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12   Serie C2/C              2nd       Serie C Cup Runners Up, Playoff Finalists
2012/13   Serie C2/C              1st       Serie C2/C Champions, Promoted
2013/14   Serie C1/B              5th       Playoff Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Serie C1/B              2nd       Playoff Winners, Promoted
2015/15   Serie B                 12th      

Messina 100 Club:

A list of those Messina players who make 100 or more appearances for the club under my management.

Name                Pos        Era                    Apps   Goals     AvR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mauro Vigorito      GK         2011-Present            165       0    6.82
Rosario Licata      D/WB/ML    2011-2016               146       3    6.92
Enzo Scorza         ST         2012-Present            139      79    7.28
Luca Tedeschi       DC         2012-Present            133       8    7.09
Nicolas Amodio      DM/MC      2012-Present            128       9    6.95
Davide Testa        AM/ST      2011-2015               121      40    7.04

Next Season:

Amazingly successful season, really happy to have stayed up in quite some comfort! We're not very far from the playoffs, and I think it'll be fairly easy to address the areas we need to improve in order to make them next year. I wouldn't want us to get promoted though, we're very far from a Serie A side right now.

Forza Messina!

Nice season there ToMexico and good luck in the Bundesliga.

Bad luck yababo, but good luck with Perugia.

Good first season in Serie B SnakeXe like the look of Farias.

I've finished my second season - Mid Table so progress was made ... Will have report and some screenies up at some point.

Congrats on the promotion ToMexico!

Good luck in France rlipscombe!

Good season that snakeXe. I agree it's a great position to be pushing from. Doesn't look like there's much between the 4 teams in the playoff either (this year).

Good luck in Italy yababo!

Nice long-shot from D'Eugenio LLR.

Talking about (long)shots. Does anyone else find that their strikers (and other players) miss the goal entirely way to often from around the 16 yard box? I thought maybe it was just my crap players, but I've played a season with Man Utd as well now and I swear Rooney is missing the target 9/10 times from 16-20 yards.

Archived