Unbelievable! Still not fixed!!! (Refers to 11.2)

In terms of your success in the Dutch 4th tier, I'd agree that you that its logical you should be considered for a higher job. It does seem that being 'laughed at' is a common reaction from the media, when they should perhaps be looking at it a bit differently. If you could upload your current save as well so I can have a look at that as well that would be very much appreciated.

Thanx Lucas, but I have no idea how to upload a savegame...

But as I'm almost at the end of the season I will play it out and try to test a bit (save game and start applying away again, I dont want to get sacked).

I'm curious what my chances are now, being at this bottom level in england without achieving anything, but with (dutch) regional rep. See how that works out. More chance at dutch club because I'm dutch (and had succes there)? More chance at an english because I work there already? As much of a chance wherever because rep isnt country dependent (is it?)? Or not being able to get any job because I sucked at english 8th tier? Or not getting any jobs because of a flaw in the game..

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grabbing at straws much?

All those managers were very much under the radar when it came to English clubs,no-one seen Wenger coming to Arsenal.

Since the topic is about managers doing well in other leagues and then coming to a "higher" league how about SAF,he did well in Scotland and is now,and for the last what seems 50 years the manager of the biggest club in the world.

As we are answering to the OP Fergie was manager of Aberdeen and for a Scottish side had good success,although if you read what the OP won Fergie does not hold a candle to what he has achieved.

Try not to be blind sided,I bet Fergie would have snapped off your arm to have the same success as the OP.

Thanks. It is not necessarily the fact that I had so much success, more the fact that my reputation was 'world class' yet get laughed at and overlooked by relatively lowly ranked clubs. If we were to follow real life then I should be getting offers at Man U and the like (although Man U at the time of Fergie's appointment are not the force they are today.) never mind laughed at by Brecia's chairman.

Won the Swedish league twice and playing in champ. league with my team and has pretty good rep.

Swedish national team sacks Hamrén and I'm applying.

Theiy're not appointing me, they take the manager who got sacked from my club when I started the save! Has been unemployed for over two years and has never won anything..

It's not logical...

Ok, I have reported this bugs weeks and weeks ago in the bugs forum, but got no response. There has been numerous threads in here, yet I think I can only recall one response from SI. Yet, after installing the new patch I still cannot get a job despite having a World Class reputation and significant success.

In 3 seasons as Hibs Manager I won everything domestically, including 2 league titles and 4 domestic cups. I also won a Euro Cup, which is quite an achievement for a team of Hib's stature. I then as Scotland manager won the European Championship and quit Hibs. Took forever to get a job and that was down in the Championship with a pish poor Sheff Utd team. In my half season with them I got them promoted through the playoffs and then decided to apply for other jobs. Each and every one I was laughed at, or not even considered in with a chance of getting. I decided that a career game was pretty much pointless, as me having a World class reputation did me no favours when clubs like Newcastle were appointing nobodies from League 1 rather than me.

I decided to wait for the patch after reporting the issue, along with MANY others. To my delight I saw that the patch was available yesterday, I installed it and loaded up my old Hibs game. I quit as Sheff Utd and declared my interest in some struggling clubs in the English Prem, Serie A and La Liga. I get told that I was not even in consideration. Lets be clear here... I am not talking about the likes of Sevilla or Liverpool struggling. I am talking about Bologna and Stoke. Nothing has changed!

What is the point of starting up a career game in a country with a lower reputation with the aim of working your way up like Mourinho when you cannot even get a proper job after some superb success? What is the point of having a 'World Class' reputation when clubs appoint people with national reputations, or that you get laughed at by chairmen from 'little' clubs for declaring an interest?

The game is now in my opinion pointless and unplayable, unless I start off with Real Madrid or the like. Seriously disappointed SI.

Team in the lower half of Premiership should not be laughing at you. But the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, should not be interested in you. Winning in Scotland would not be enough. And don't refer to Fergie. United had not won much of anything for the past 20 years when he took over.

• Administrators
Did any of you SI guys manage to take a look at my upload (Colombia file)?

The problem was complete opposite to what's being mentioned by others here (starting automatic rep being too high). Surely linked though.

Yes, I had a look at that and it's not what you think.

The automatic rep will give you a reputation based on what active leagues there are in the game and the country you're managing in.

The "Reputation" is your reputation from the perspective of how you are seen by people in the nation you are based in.

Hope that clears things up a bit, cheers.

• Administrators
Won the Swedish league twice and playing in champ. league with my team and has pretty good rep.

Swedish national team sacks Hamrén and I'm applying.

Theiy're not appointing me, they take the manager who got sacked from my club when I started the save! Has been unemployed for over two years and has never won anything..

It's not logical...

Are you Swedish? Some nations rarely appoint foreign managers in game...

I think part of the problem here, is that "reputation" is too broad of a term.

I would suggest (for FM12), to add a "national reputation", "continental reputation" and "world reputation" panel for the manager. Perhaps even divided like countries, like in scouting. That would clear definetly a lot of things.

I would suggest (for FM12), to add a "national reputation", "continental reputation" and "world reputation" panel for the manager. Perhaps even divided like countries, like in scouting. That would clear definetly a lot of things.

I think thats a great idea!!

Team in the lower half of Premiership should not be laughing at you. But the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, should not be interested in you. Winning in Scotland would not be enough. And don't refer to Fergie. United had not won much of anything for the past 20 years when he took over.

I didn't just win in Scotland. I won the Euro Cup with Hibs and the European Championship with Scotland, as well as the scottish domestic success. That is more success than McClaren when he got the England job. More success than Benitez when he got the Liverpool job. More success when Wenger got the Arsenal job. More success than Mancini when he got the City job.

However that was not the argument. I was not saying I was expecting a big club to be interested, more that a manager with a world class rep should be considered long before a manager with continental or lesser rep.

Also, in the quote you selected, at no point did I mention Fergie.

Very good idea. As someone with a continental rep would have more countries listed than just a national one.

I didn't just win in Scotland. I won the Euro Cup with Hibs and the European Championship with Scotland, as well as the scottish domestic success. That is more success than McClaren when he got the England job. More success than Benitez when he got the Liverpool job. More success when Wenger got the Arsenal job. More success than Mancini when he got the City job.

However that was not the argument. I was not saying I was expecting a big club to be interested, more that a manager with a world class rep should be considered long before a manager with continental or lesser rep.

Also, in the quote you selected, at no point did I mention Fergie.

i think your misunderstanding the world class rep bit, you have world class rep in SCOTLAND, but no where else, i think you will find your world rep to be quite low, check it out on FMRTE, im not saying this is correct but thats the misleading bit about it all, i also have world class rep from my time with aberdeen but my world wide rep is less than half of the top managers. hence i dont get offered any top jobs.

I think what seems to count against you is former players have a much higher rep in certain nations due to their playing careers where as me and you in scotland will not have a massive rep because our league is smaller and less respected. Again i am not saying this is correct, with the comps you have won in real life you would walk into most jobs in england, infact winning the euro's with scotland would get you almost any job you wanted but the game doesnt seem to be giving proper recgonition to comps won in what is classed as lesser leagues.

i think your misunderstanding the world class rep bit, you have world class rep in SCOTLAND, but no where else, i think you will find your world rep to be quite low, check it out on FMRTE, im not saying this is correct but thats the misleading bit about it all, i also have world class rep from my time with aberdeen but my world wide rep is less than half of the top managers. hence i dont get offered any top jobs.

I think what seems to count against you is former players have a much higher rep in certain nations due to their playing careers where as me and you in scotland will not have a massive rep because our league is smaller and less respected. Again i am not saying this is correct, with the comps you have won in real life you would walk into most jobs in england, infact winning the euro's with scotland would get you almost any job you wanted but the game doesnt seem to be giving proper recgonition to comps won in what is classed as lesser leagues.

In that case I really don't get the reputation. What is a world class rep? My interpretation of world class rep means that I am a household name throughout the world. Continental rep meaning I am a household name across my continent. National I am a household name in my country alone. Have I got it wrong?

In that case I really don't get the reputation. What is a world class rep? My interpretation of world class rep means that I am a household name throughout the world. Continental rep meaning I am a household name across my continent. National I am a household name in my country alone. Have I got it wrong?

i completely agree its a very strange one, it appears you have a top rep in your country but not world wide, why the game says world wide rep is beyond me, maybe just an issue with the wording of it all. I think the game pushes you to world class rep too easily where in fact you are just a household name nationally. I only found this out after looking at FMRTE after being turned down for a few jobs i expected to be considered for. now after 4 league wins and 4 cups with the dons i struggle to get bottom level prem jobs, mid table championship is easy to get. The only prem job i have been offered is the leeds job, but i had to take them over 5 times and sack all their new managers before they considered me. It seems rep goes up to 10000, mines after that success is just over 6000, managers like pep and mourinhio have almost full points. now i dont expect to be near them, but with the comps i have won i thought i would have a better rep than some former players who are walking into mid to top level prem jobs purely because they spent most of their playing career in england.

FMRTE shows my managers world reputation at 4000 and I am getting turned down for jobs that go to other English managers that have 800 for world rep. Obviously managing in New Zealand is not a huge thing but as you said why does the game use the term world rep when clearly we are not.

FMRTE shows my managers world reputation at 4000 and I am getting turned down for jobs that go to other English managers that have 800 for world rep. Obviously managing in New Zealand is not a huge thing but as you said why does the game use the term world rep when clearly we are not.

yup and i would imagine you are losing out on those jobs to people who's world rep is low but their national rep will be higher in that country compared to you ie former players, i do see why they have done this, but i think its too far in the extreme as you say you should be offered jobs in England with the competitions you hav won. As for the world class rep bit, it realy confuses me, how can you be world class in scotland yet less than a national home name in britian i hope its just a wording error on SI's part.

So in order for me to get a job in another country I have to have a higher world rep than the national rep of the other candidates. That really needs looked at if the Huddersfield boss is getting a prem job with no success rather than myself with substantial success.

Yes, I had a look at that and it's not what you think.

The automatic rep will give you a reputation based on what active leagues there are in the game and the country you're managing in.

The "Reputation" is your reputation from the perspective of how you are seen by people in the nation you are based in.

Hope that clears things up a bit, cheers.

Thanks for replying Lucas but can you just go over that again, I think I'm missing something.

My nationality was Welsh/English and I had almost all the default North/South American leagues running. The league my first offer came from was in Colombian Second divison, which is probably the lowest playable league running on my game.

Are you saying that in the game, that Colombia as a country considered me as 'continental reputation'? If so, I still don't see how that rep fits. I was taking over a minor club in the second tier who were predicted to finish bottom. If I'd gone straight in at one of the top First Division club, say Millonarios for example, I would see how my reputation would rise. This also happened when I was selecting 'Semi-Pro', is it because Wales/England, my in-game nationality, has a high rep compared to Colombian football??

Cheers.

I've uploaded my save. It's under the name Fc Arges.

So i've started my carrer at Fc Arges with a past experience of an international footboller.

In the first two seasons at the club i've managed two win everything national and international. And so one for the next two years when i got Romania to win the World Cup.

Afther winning the World Cup i've applied for new jobs but no one accepted me, saying that i'm not good enought.

Something that i've noticed is, when you start the game as unenployed i applyed to Benford they eventually accepted me, but the funny thing is that when you start at a club and the apply to Benford they would not accept you.

I'm hopping to get some answers ! Thank you ( Sorry, my english it's a bit rubbish )

I've uploaded my save. It's under the name Fc Arges.

So i've started my carrer at Fc Arges with a past experience of an international footboller.

In the first two seasons at the club i've managed two win everything national and international. And so one for the next two years when i got Romania to win the World Cup.

Afther winning the World Cup i've applied for new jobs but no one accepted me, saying that i'm not good enought.

Something that i've noticed is, when you start the game as unenployed i applyed to Benford they eventually accepted me, but the funny thing is that when you start at a club and the apply to Benford they would not accept you.

I'm hopping to get some answers ! Thank you ( Sorry, my english it's a bit rubbish )

So a World Cup winner cannot get a job. What hope is there for the rest of us!

So a World Cup winner cannot get a job. What hope is there for the rest of us!

Yeah its easyer to get a job at the start of the game when starting from unemployed than it is after you have managed for a year and even won somthing. Really daft.

(im only talking about jobs i apply for, not random offers) I dont see a problem with random offers from clubs, the problem is when you apply for a job.

Right guys, I'm really wanting to start off my journeyman save, but I'm worried this bug might ruin it. Would you guys recommend waiting for another patch? I don't mind if I get stuck getting really awful jobs, as along as I'm able to move country, even if it's to a terrible league. So what I'm asking is, for those who have won stuff and done really well at a club, have you been able to get other jobs in other countries at all? Even awful ones?

Afther 5 seasons at Fc Arges, First Romenian Division, i quit the job, and by going on holliday i managed to get a job at WestHam. The problem it's that you can get jobs only when applying from holliday, at least for me it's like that. I trully recommend to wait for the next patch, what i am doing to. I really want to start my journeyman save to but i'll still have to wait.

Are you Swedish? Some nations rarely appoint foreign managers in game...

Yes I'm swedish. So is he. Always taking the swedish nationality in hopes to become their manager. (Swedish in real life.) This would make my christmas but maybe I have to keep dreaming...

• 1 month later...

Ive never had a problem getting a job till today, But after winning the ukraine league, cup and champions league with Shaktar, 2 leagues, 3 cups and 2 champion leagues and world club cup with Rangers,

K League and Asian champions league with suwon, my rep is now world class, I got Ireland to qualify for the world cup so i decided to resign from suwon but i cant get a job anywhere i appled for every team available, i get laughed at for declaring interest in the lens job when they are bottom of ligue 1, surely after my success id be the first choice for any job never mind getting overlooked for the salthill job in divison 1 in ireland. I really liked my save and had planned on replacing Fergie but i got over looked for bruce so i went to Rangers but since the suwon job no team is giving me a look in, Its a joke tbh

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to lead Foggia from C1/A to Serie A and I cant even get a job on a 2B club in Spain,I even got rejected at another C1/A club when I applied...?

Yes Im a world class manager and Ex-Internacional Player.

Buggy game as hell ,give me my money back so then I might think of buying FM 12 which hopefully wont these bugs...

I'm all for this! Good suggestion. I also thought that world class meant that the whole world knew me and I could get a job anywhere, continental the same, but in europe alone, national in my native country (or is national referring to the one I manage in at that moment??).

I would in fact like to go a bit further than your suggestion. Why not show your rep (stars or colour) when you go to check a certain league. I can imagine a belgian guy being more known in holland than he would be in turkey, and a swede to maybe be well known in denmark or norway, but not in switserland (what might be a similar level league).

In my particular situation, I managed in 4th level in Holland (native country) and 8th level in England. Now I'm back in Holland, but I should have some kind of rep in lower league england aswell because of my achievements there. But I really have no idea what or how as there's no way to check this, apart from FMRTE apparently. It would be great if there's some kind of colour-indicator in the league-table othat shows what your rep is for that particular league. So when I'd check dutch 4th tier, I'd be very well known, but in my particular english 8th level I'd be known aswell (but not as popular as I'm not english). In dutch 3rd I would be known a bit, and dutch 2nd a little less. But also in lower league belgium or germany and 7th level england, I should have some rep.

Still I feel that when I decide to apply to a job in 4th level norway (where people never heard of me) they should consider my past achievements at a similar (or even higher) level in Holland. I'm sending my CV, am I not? Kind of strange to see a total norwegian nobody get the job, while I have shown to do well at similar or higher level. Despite the nationality issue, I should be a serious contender for the job, and not get laughed at by every board around the world.

In my experience of this version of (2nd patch) FM there is definitely an issue here.

Having won the champions league with Rangers inside 2 seasons along with domestic trophies (alot of luck involved), I got a move to Hamburg, won the league first season and earned a move to Juve, realistic progression. Here I won 2 league titles and the champions league again 2nd season. Moved to Porto after this and won the domestic league and Europa league.

A ridiculously successful game of FM then...but I started having problems after that and could not get any sort of top tier job in England or Spain, so moved to Cruzerio and won the league in 5 months from 12th position. Again...Tried to move on and found even struggling teams in England and Spain were scoffing at the mere prospect at having me as manager.

It seems that if you move back down a level at all (ie Portugal/Brazil) then you're previous successes are forgotten about too easily. A managerless mid-table West Ham shouldn't be knocking back a manager who has won the champions league and Europa league within the previous 5 years surely.

After seven season in Shakhtar, 7 leagues, 6 cups, 1 Uefa Cup, 2 Euro Super cups, 2 Champions league and 2 WCW won, I had max reputation (checked with FMRTE, 10000/10000/10000) and still was laughed at when I declared interest for jobs at Juve and Fiorentina...

People seem to be a bit confused here. lol He wasn't managing Chelsea with their superstar players here. If you really won the Euro Cup with a club like Hibs then you should be able to walk into ANY team. lol It makes sense, look at what you achieved with no money & **** players. Fuk reputation, you won the Euro Cup with Hibs, with no money &**** players, so all of the top clubs should be dying to sign you.

In an earlier save i started up with Malmö FF in the Swedish Premier Division (Allsvenskan). I won the swedish domestic league 2010,2011,2012,2013,2014,2015 and the cup 2011,2012 and 2014, i qualified for Champions League 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015with the results 1 st. knockout round 2011, quarterfinal 2012, quarterfinal 2013,semifinal 2014 and win 2015. I took over as Croatian manger after they fale in World Cup 2014, take them throw qualificatin and win in the European Championship 2016 without losing a single point. In this stage I thought it will be fun to a higherranked team so when Blackpool ( strugggling in 19th place in Premier League) kicked there manager (forgot who) I said I was intrested. The reply I got was a laugh in the face and they hiring Ledley King who has been assistant in Crystal Palace for a year as his sole managing experience. I got fired from Malmöl for being illoyal and ending up after applied for at least 20 different jobs in various premier divisionsin Reading who was in this time struggling on a 20th place in the Championship. Realistic?

I also think it only affects Scotland from what i have read.

its not only scotland, i started with lewes in the blue square and have promoted my way to the championship, yet i cant get a league 2 job if i apply. there is a clear bug because you are never even considered for any jobs when a team is about to sack their coach. in previous FMs when a coach is about to be sacked sometimes you get a message that you are among the candidates to take over, but this never ever happens in FM11.

its not only scotland, i started with lewes in the blue square and have promoted my way to the championship, yet i cant get a league 2 job if i apply. there is a clear bug because you are never even considered for any jobs when a team is about to sack their coach. in previous FMs when a coach is about to be sacked sometimes you get a message that you are among the candidates to take over, but this never ever happens in FM11.

It happens to me, I had a poor season with Tamworth in the BSN, yet I am constantly linked with jobs in League 2...

Been reading this thread, and I'm not affected by this bug. For example, I started a game as coach of the Brazil national team. And within three to four months, having only played a couple of friendlies. I had contract offers received from big Brazilian clubs like Internacional, Flamengo, Fluminense and Botafogo.

Been reading this thread, and I'm not affected by this bug. For example, I started a game as coach of the Brazil national team. And within three to four months, having only played a couple of friendlies. I had contract offers received from big Brazilian clubs like Internacional, Flamengo, Fluminense and Botafogo.

That would be a step down though, not a step up.

Hmm, I'm in dutch 4th tier (just had my 300th game in management) and I do get te occasional newsitem saying I'm among the candidates if a club doesn't extend the contract with their current manager. The odd thing is this only happens with clubs of 2nd tier, when it concerns clubs of 3rd or 4th tier I'm never mentioned as a candidate for the job (just managers with little or no experience (mostly retiring players) are mentioned). Furthermore I have never had a job offer of any of these clubs, they only laugh when I show interest or say I have an outside chance. And my applications to those particular jobs never got me anywhere. I've never been suggested as the main candidate by the way, only as 'among the candidates'.

Hmm, I'm in dutch 4th tier (just had my 300th game in management) and I do get te occasional newsitem saying I'm among the candidates if a club doesn't extend the contract with their current manager. The odd thing is this only happens with clubs of 2nd tier, when it concerns clubs of 3rd or 4th tier I'm never mentioned as a candidate for the job (just managers with little or no experience (mostly retiring players) are mentioned).

probably because clubs a division or more below you will be looking towards managers in the same division or lower as they would be more interested in joining whereas managers a division above will not be interested in taking a step backwards.

I've had the same problem.

Won the league three times with Rapid Wien, but every other decent team would laugh off any interest in me joining them.

Then I've joined a not so decent team in Spain (Levante, bottom in Liga Adelante). I've got promoted, and then I was offered every decent job available (Palermo, Atletico, Athletic,...).

So maybe you just have to take a step back to set two forward.

I think what's missing is the sort of manager the chairman is after.

For example, if a manager has taken a club as far as he can and things are getting a little stale (think Steve Bruce at Wigan), the chairman would be willing to be a little adventurous and go for a manager who perhaps isn't so well-known but has "interesting" attributes - for example, lots of potential, has done well with a club at a lower level or has done something special with another club (i.e. revolutionised a club's youth system). Hence Roberto Martínez.

A chairman might just be looking to keep the club as it is. Hence they will only go for managers at or above their own level, with proven success at similar (or higher) levels.

Some chairman might panic-buy and go for the most reputable manager they can find, or perhaps one with a history of saving clubs from relegation.

Some chairman might be looking for continuity, so they'll go for an internal promotion or someone who has history with the club.

Some chairmen might be embattled with poor fan support, so they might go for a club legend (*coughAshleycoughKeegancoughShearer*). Willing to take a gamble in exchange for a positive lift around the club.

I think what's missing is the sort of manager the chairman is after.

I think FM is a good game, but I can hardly imagine it taking these sorts of director-decisions. Would be great if it did, but it's probably just a couple of numbers (rep and such, or maybe some random lucky numbers) that make the managerial decision. Not the interests or panic of the director.

For fun I checked my rep in FMRTE yesterday. Turns out i have a domestic rep of about 3500, a current rep of 2200 (and i currently manage in my domestic country, strange numbers then?) and world rep of about 1500. But I havent got a clue how high a rep should be to have a chance in certain leagues, is that tracable in FMRTE also?

Archived