Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of Matt Taylor's goals in a Pompey shirt. (Everton, Sunderland etc.)

Patrik Berger's goal against Charlton, Andrés D'Alessandro's goal against Charlton.

Glen Johnson's wonder left foot volley against Hull, magical.

I presume this was limited to the club we support :D

Zidane's left foot volley against Leverkusen was so much better than that Majewski goal :D

Accuracy, technique and in a bloody Champions League final... it doesn't get better!

Taken from my Granada CF thread...

The Drama of The Play-Offs!

Play-Off Semi-Final, 2nd Leg

Two missed penalties in play... then heroics by Roberto in the shoot-out!

[video=youtube;QDjVKEVy5V4]

Play-Off Final, 2nd Leg

Odion Ighalo... The goal that sealed promotion to Liga BBVA!

[video=youtube;ibzZjICZkOs]

In the first video, second leg of the play-off semis against Celta Vigo, goalie Roberto scoring a penalty in the shoot out, then saving one to win the tie.

Second video, that man Odion Ighalo. Not the best goal out there, but broke the offside trap, great run and finish. More so, it's what that goal meant more than anything... Granada in the top flight for the first time in 35 years!

My favourite goal was an overhead kick from a ridiculous angle in a Catholic vs. Protestant match (it was all in a good spirit before you have a go) back in my hometown in N. Ireland when I was about 14 or 15. The ball stuck in the little stanction at the top corner, happy memories...

In proper football my favourite goals are

in the FA Cup semi final replay in 1990 and
also in the Cup semi against Oldham a few years later, not because they're particularly great goals (although Hughes' is fantastic) but it was back in the day when all I thought about was football before girls, drinking and gambling started taking over.

Looking at the starting line-ups, I think England are going to get rubber-dicked!

By Spain? They aren't as fantastic as everyone makes out, as we saw tonight. Yes it's all nice and pretty, but they don't go anywhere. Like I said in the match thread in the Football Forum, it's like watching Barcelona without Messi.

Spain got really frustrated in the last part of the game.

Rodwell is class, and so were most of the youngsters on the pitch tonight. I hold real hope for our future England team, when all the oldies and bigtimers leave.

Villa's shot was a beaut btw. Deserved to go in :D

By Spain? They aren't as fantastic as everyone makes out, as we saw tonight. Yes it's all nice and pretty, but they don't go anywhere. Like I said in the match thread in the Football Forum, it's like watching Barcelona without Messi.

Happy to be wrong, but there's one big difference...

England will most likely fluff it at the Euro's, whilst Spain will probably win it again.

I can't actually recall a really good performance in many friendlies by Spain since they won the World Cup.

I thought Welbeck was great when he came on. I also didn't realise he was that fast(when he used pace against the CB). I would love Psycho to get the England job when Capello leaves. I believe that he is the best man for the job as he has been helping and coaching some of these players for a number of years in the under 21s.

I quite agree heath, but they will bore us all to death like they did in 2008 and at last years World Cup.

I am not disputing their fantastic technical skill and obvious brilliance at keeping hold of the ball, but bloody hell, I nearly fell asleep in the first half. They had all the ball and just didn't look like forcing Joe Hart into a meaningful save.

Oh I know what you mean Tom...

Although I was supporting Granada against Barcelona a few weeks ago, I was hoping for an exciting match.

Granada played a 4-5-1, sitting the back four and five man midfield on the edge of their own box. Needless to say, passed the ball around in the Granada half, but couldn't break through the row of tanks that had been parked in front of the Granada goal. Barça won 1-0 by virtue of a dubiously given free kick, which Xabi scored. They only had one real clear-cut chance from open play. That fell to Messi, who's dinked shot was cleared off the line.

All in all, a pretty boring match and not the spectacle I'd hoped for. A bit like the England match tonight.

Not taking anything away from the result particularly for England tonight. Just that I simply can't see them grinding out a result against teams like Spain in the finals of a competition.

[video=youtube;09RwRRqKgnM]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09RwRRqKgnM

[video=youtube;bYGLjTg2m78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYGLjTg2m78&feature=related

[video=youtube;yjVMASe9gYI]

My favourite goals :D.

Also, just got back from seeing The Darkness which was fantastic. My voice has gone, my ears are ringing & my head hurts. All the effects of a good night.

I liked Henry's goals against Liverpool and United. The tee up, swivel and volley from outside the box... absolute class, and the Liverpool one where he literally took on the whole team and finished it nicely.

RvP against Charlton is still insane. When I first saw it, I went mental :D

A nice easy 9-12 shift at work today, but sadly I have to go to College to finish off one of my assignments as well as write up a lesson plan for my lessons tomorrow & then a lesson plan for a micro-teach which I am doing on the World Cup tomorrow night :(.

I bet Purefun loves being a mod of GPTG. Especially at the moment with all the Belgian player threads that keep appearing :cool:. Have you tried building an all Belgian side on FM Purefun with those players?

Yep I will do that on my PSG save, mix with french and belgian players. And Pastore. :D

I think Granada should sign the lil' black fella with the dreadlocks. He's the new "Messi" :D

Who do you mean?