Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Talk about staing the obvious.

The point is that you said Smalling wasn't up to the task, but he showed last season that he is.

Sorry Tom, am I not allowed to state what I want without your consent? Its onvious on these forums that if Tom doesnt agree with it, its clearly wrong!!!

What I dislike about SRL's post is that he says Smalling isn't up to the task, but implies that Rio is if it wasn't for his poor injury record.

Smalling should be ahead of Rio every week. He's old; he's past it.

What I dislike about this comment is the fact that despite his age, Rio is a better defender. Smalling still has a long, long way to go to match up to the standard set by Vidic & Ferdinand. Yes, he will improve by playing alongside Ferdinand, Phil Jones is a much better defender than Smaling & should play at CB alongside Ferdinand

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

In the long run, CB, but I dont know if its just the fact that Man Utd's central midfield is average at best is the reason he is playing him there or just the fact that Rio & Vidic have been fit.

Want Barcelona to win, but I cant see beyond Madrid in all honesty.

Madrid have stronger squad compared to Barca , depends how mourinho sets them up last few games he plays Pepe in midfield be close game think Messi will make the difference again the little man is a genius

Sorry Tom, am I not allowed to state what I want without your consent? Its onvious on these forums that if Tom doesnt agree with it, its clearly wrong!!

If you're wrong, then you should be told so. And regarding Smalling you are wrong.

And don't use the crappy "it's my opinion" excuse. Because opinions can be wrong and they can be stupid.

If you're wrong, then you should be told so. And regarding Smalling you are wrong.

And don't use the crappy "it's my opinion" excuse. Because opinions can be wrong and they can be stupid.

Same as your 'opinion' right now!!!!

It's not my opinin, it is a fact. The defence that it is an opinion is a terrible defence.

Imagine me saying "Wayne Rooney is the worst footballer to ever play for England, and you can't disprove me because it is my opinion!" Would I be wrong and stupid, or would it be a perfectly reasonable thing to say just because "it's my opinion"?

The answer is the former; wrong and stupid.

It's not my opinin, it is a fact. The defence that it is an opinion is a terrible defence.

Imagine me saying "Wayne Rooney is the worst footballer to ever play for England, and you can't disprove me because it is my opinion!" Would I be wrong and stupid, or would it be a perfectly reasonable thing to say just because "it's my opinion"?

The answer is the former; wrong and stupid.

Opinions are never wrong :confused:. The problem we have, is that people automatically assume that their opinion is correct and that everyone elses is wrong, when in actual fact no ones opinions are ever wrong.

What NF said.

Your attitude with anything that requires someone stating their opinion is that if you dont agree with it, then its 100% wrong. Just because your opinion is completely different to mine or anyone elses for that matter doesnt make you correct or what you say a fact.

Your such an arse and the way it comes across is that you hate anyone having an opinion other than the one you believe in (am I allowed to say that with it being my opinion Tom?).

Oh & what is everyone's favourite Christmas song.

Christmas Time (Dont Let the Bells End) by The Darkness :D.

Just because your opinion is completely different to mine or anyone elses for that matter doesnt make you correct or what you say a fact.

The bit in Bold reminds me of something . . . Is that you Rafa :lol:

[video=youtube;zGaXABfRTyA]

:D. Quite funny looking back on it.

Haha, it's Gavin & Stacey that made it my favourite Christmas song. As it's in the Christmas Special. I don't drive but I may sing it on the way home. I miss out this year anyway, at work I mean as I'm not working Christmas Eve :(.

Im sorry :eek:, your actually not happy about not working Christmas Eve :confused:, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

With me having my operation a couple weeks ago I am off work until after Christmas :cool:. I start my teacher training again on the 3rd December and go back to work on the 5th I think it is.

Yes, I'm not, not happy. If you know what I mean. In truth I'm not bothered, you do one or other over Christmas, Christmas Eve or New Years Eve. I suppose getting Christmas Eve off is good and I can relax on the Saturday. I'm not to fussed but I like Christmas Eve.

I also get to wear a Christmas hat soon at work :cool:. I shall be using last years one as long as it doesn't give me headaches like it did last year after wearing it for a few hours.

I hate Christmas, the sooner it finishes... the quicker New Years Eve is here :cool:

New Years Eve is so annoying. Everywhere is double the price, there are more idiots out than usual getting a lot more drunk than usual and Taxi's are a joke :mad:. Prefer New Years Day out personally.

New Years Eve is so annoying. Everywhere is double the price, there are more idiots out than usual getting a lot more drunk than usual and Taxi's are a joke :mad:. Prefer New Years Day out personally.

Typical old person rant.

S'fun though.

Think I'm gonna stay with my friends in Devon for New Year's this year, apparently Exeter is a decent night out. Looking forward to that far more than Christmas.

Im slightly better, i finish on the 22nd and im not back in until the 5th :D

Works xmas night out tonight, goodbye tomorrow!!

Is your work X-Mas night out like 90% of others where you get overly drunk and most people embarrissingly neck on with someone from the 'office' that they will regret the next time they come into work?

Thankfully our work only has 4 female employees, all of them already spoken for, what my works nights out usually consist off is getting overly drunk and our red ultra's members (thats the name our "soccer casuals" use) starting fights whilst the rest of us sneak off. But our work will provide an unlimited free bar from 7-12, so it will definitely be messy.

Opinions are never wrong :confused:. The problem we have, is that people automatically assume that their opinion is correct and that everyone elses is wrong, when in actual fact no ones opinions are ever wrong.

Well, I'm pretty glad that a few million people thought Adolf Hitlers opinions were wrong.

What NF said.

Your attitude with anything that requires someone stating their opinion is that if you dont agree with it, then its 100% wrong. Just because your opinion is completely different to mine or anyone elses for that matter doesnt make you correct or what you say a fact.

Your such an arse and the way it comes across is that you hate anyone having an opinion other than the one you believe in (am I allowed to say that with it being my opinion Tom?).

Resorting to offensive terms does you know favours, and neither does the childishness at the end.

And no, I do not think that everyones opinions are wrong if they differ from mine. But granted, at times I am a bit forceful when convinced that I know what I am talking about. In this instance I was just conveying what I know, (in my opinion, if you must), as opposed to your observations which, as you admitted as much, were inferior to mine with your limited viewing of said player.

Just because your opinion is completely different to mine or anyone elses for that matter doesnt make you correct or what you say a fact.

The bit in Bold reminds me of something . . . Is that you Rafa :lol:

Go away.

No it didn't :confused:? We've been **** all season. It's why McClaren left. The problem we've had is we've been the better side in our last two games(Brighton & Crystal Palace) but we can't put our chances away. We're currently 22nd in the league and if Ipswich beat Barnsley this evening, then we'll be three points adrift.