Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if we can get a striker that can score, then we'll finish mid-table. Being really hopeful and delusional, I'd hope we could do a Crystal Palace from a few seasons ago get into the play-offs again. I reckon we'll finish just outside the relegation spots. We aren't and never have been a play-off side over the past two seasons and what Davies did was nothing short of miracle imo.

Funds are tight at Forest and I see newspapers go through at work when I'm on the till and in the Nottingham Evening Post today, it said that we'd have to sell before we can buy. That includes free agents iirc. We currently have Marlon Harewood back training at the club and Cotterill's said that he'll probably have to sell before he can sign him.

When I first came on to the forums I never knew what iirc, imo, afaik or any of the others stood for either and I'm 19 FFS. I've never been one for MSN or the Facebook chat thing, so never really seen those abbreviations? pop up in a conversations.

Under Cotterill it did. 2 or 3 wins on the bounce wasnt it?

Well my night consists of Home Alone 2, El Clasico & MOTD :D.

Mine is El Clasico, MOTD, Night Cops and then UFC/boxing not sure if I will stay tuned into UFC or switch to watch Kahn fight. Hopefully along with some FM-ing at the same time.

Godwin's law?

Indeed, my comparison was a bit extreme.

the heck does iirc stand for? To many people most it and I havent got a clue what it means.
When I first came on to the forums I never knew what iirc, imo, afaik or any of the others stood for either and I'm 19 FFS. I've never been one for MSN or the Facebook chat thing, so never really seen those abbreviations? pop up in a conversations.

I know all of them, but I don't want to know. Even on the interweb, I don't see why people can't just type things properly. **** off with all the abbreviations.

Well my night consists of Home Alone 2, El Clasico & MOTD :D.

I'll be watching the game aswell. Can't be bothered going out, not long back from Manchester and I just can't be arsed this evening. The missus is at work and my flatmate out so I can do as I please.

What was the performance like tom? I was having a bit of squeeky bum time watching Gillette Soccer Saturday.

Best we've played in a long time. If our finishing and decision making in the final third was better it could be many more. The main thing for me was just that Rooney finally scored from open play though - the first time since we beat Chelsea back in September!

I know how you feel, had far too many of them recently!

I sat up to watch Khan v Peterson... I'm quite pleased Khan lost to be honest. Peterson fought valiantly, and dominated almost all of the rounds barring Round 1.

Khan lost the title on the basis of two point deducations for persistent fouling. Literally. The scores were 113-112, 111-114, 113-112 (Peterson-Khan).

Khan just claimed he was fighting 2 v 1 in the ring because the referee was on the same side as Peterson. Oh dear. Peterson has said he'll give Khan a rematch.

SL, I know most Pompey fans hate or have a dislike for Cotterill, but I just don't get why. I know you played **** football under him but tbh if we're winning I don't care. Alot of the losses aren't actually his fault. We've bossed our last two games but have failed to put away chances. Now it's not his fault that we don't have a natural goalscorer.

I never understand this kind of thing to be honest. Why as Brits do we not just want our guys to win? Be it boxing, football, whatever?

Because he isn't a likeable person? Personally, I don't care where he's from, as long as he's gracious in defeat and admirable in the ring. Khan is neither. He's a sore loser with a big mouth who got what he deserved then tried to turn it on anyone but himself.

I do tend to support Brits, but only if they're worth supporting. I'm not big on Andy Murray - even though he's also Scottish - because he comes across as a bit of an arrogant... you know the rest. I do want to see him be successful, but I'd rather Djokovic or Federer won than Murray, because they play brilliantly and have good personalities which are easy to appreciate.

When it comes to football, by and large I do support the British team. I wanted United to win the Champions League last season, even though I'm a City fan.

Oh, and I don't think I said it in my post above - cracking fight last night! First boxing match I've watched in months and I loved just about every second of it.

Just back home from a cracking weekend in Madrid.

Mate of mine up there got me a ticket for El Classico. Flew up on Friday night, saw the Real Madrid v Barcelona match on Saturday, then the Getafe v Granada match on Sunday.

First time I've been to the Bernabéu, very impressive. Good game and great atmosphere. Getafe is pretty much the opposite... and how Granada lost 1-0 is beyond me. They did everything but put the ball in the back of the net.

Good weekend though. Thinking of going to the Bernabéu again when Granada play there in January.

I still cant believe Barca won that game, they should have been dead and burried first half. Jose will be gutted he will not get a better chance than that to win against Barca, especially in the league. Hats off to Barca tho, they answered some questions and showed they can win without playing very well, even against the big teams.

I wanted Khan to win just to see him fight Floyd Mayweather, I know Mayweather would most likely win easily but I think Khan would put up more of a fight than Ricky Hatton did. In boxing I always pretty much want the Brit to win all the time same with the UFC. Only occasion I didn't want to see a Brit win in boxing was Prince Nas when he got battered by Marco Antonio Barrera, not too sure I want David Haye to win if he gets a shot at the other Klitschko brother after his pathetic excuses last time out.

It will be interesting to see if Khan will win the rematch or not.

Khan probably will win the rematch if he doesn't go in with his stinking attitude and doesn't foul persistently.

My prediction for tonight, although being a City fan I'm a bit bias, is Chelsea 1-2 Man City. Their defence is woeful, and our attack is the best in the League. I will be happy with a draw. It'll mean we'll have taken 8 points from a possible 12 from visiting WHL, Anfield, the Bridge and OT. That would make for a great position to be in, and would mean being 3 ahead of United still.

I am wary though, because Chelsea are finding some good form and so I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a surprise victory out of the bag tonight. But I think it's more likely to be a draw or a win for us than it is for a Chelsea victory. It'll be a great game.

I honestly think that the Chelsea result will entirely depend upon whether AVB plays like he did against Valencia, where they sat back and invited them onto them. In which case I think they will win.

However, if they go at City, I reckon it will be another drubbing. City's attacking players could rip any defence apart on the break, as they so lethally showed at United.

Mark Clattenburg is a disgrace.

I dont think he had that much choice on either the sending off or the penalty, although City should have had a penalty themselves.

Im glad City lost, and Chelsea needed that very badly!

Now to catch up with Masterchef:cool:

Would rather City have won for Liverpool's sake :p.

Here is what Clattenburg missed:

Clear Man City penalty

Clear Meireles red card

Debatable Yaya red card

Debatable (most likely definitely) Kompany red card

If he gives the clear penalty, before any of the other things happen, then it's 2-0 after only 30 minutes and it doesn't look like City lose at all. It would have made for a totally different game.

Essentially, Clattenburg only called 2 decisions correctly of 6. That is woeful standards.

It's sad that this is the case, but it highlights the pathetic standard of refereeing we've come to 'accept'.

Also, it's not a case of "analysing [...] from a million different angles". The referee was closer to Silva's foul than to Lescott's handball. Kompany was right in his eyes. Meireles was unmissable. Yaya is the only thing he didn't see, and the only one that is debatable anyway.

Apologies for not being around much Purefun and co. Just did my last report until after Christmas, massive relief!

Next step, get FM working.

School goes first mate, so no worries.

Children are so annoying :mad:.

No they are not, unless they are doing criminal things of course.

Its mostly adults that aren't patient enough.