Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought you might be happy SRL88.

For me, it just looked like Liverpool wanted the win more than United. :mad:

Anyhow, my attention is now focused on my "other" team for tomorrow. ;)

Granada travel to Real Betis, for their first game since Abel Resino took the manager's job. Looking forward to see how they line up, though from what I've seen so far of Granada in training, they'll be playing better and more adventurous football. Whilst part of me was sad to see former manager Fabri go, his direct football simply wasn't working.

Could of been 3-1 as well right near the end.

Kuyt really is awful :D

Maxi is even worse!!!

Thought you might be happy SRL88.

For me, it just looked like Liverpool wanted the win more than United. :mad:

Anyhow, my attention is now focused on my "other" team for tomorrow. ;)

Granada travel to Real Betis, for their first game since Abel Resino took the manager's job. Looking forward to see how they line up, though from what I've seen so far of Granada in training, they'll be playing better and more adventurous football. Whilst part of me was sad to see former manager Fabri go, his direct football simply wasn't working.

Its the same as the City game. In the first leg, for all their possession they never made it count. We destroyed them without actually winning the return leg.

Man Utd bossed us today, but they didnt make Reina work really so on that basis, didnt deserve to win, but were the better team.

I am *facepalming* everywhere reading the match thread in football forum. Some Man United users are so cringey it is horrible, literally need to get a grip of themselves.

I am *facepalming* everywhere reading the match thread in football forum. Some Man United users are so cringey it is horrible, literally need to get a grip of themselves.

I quite agree to be honest. Hence why I rarely enter the United thread, nevermind match threads.

Couldn't believe we lost that. Yes we didn't make Reina work really, but we were so in control it was untrue.

And I'm not just saying this to have a go at the Liverpool fans about, but this has to be one of the worst Liverpool teams I have seen in my 24 years in this world.

I quite agree to be honest. Hence why I rarely enter the United thread, nevermind match threads.

Couldn't believe we lost that. Yes we didn't make Reina work really, but we were so in control it was untrue.

And I'm not just saying this to have a go at the Liverpool fans about, but this has to be one of the worst Liverpool teams I have seen in my 24 years in this world.

Wont argue to much with you on that. To many alright players and not many good ones. My rant after the Bolton game summed up how Im feeling at the minute about Liverpool.

Its going to take another 3-4 years for us to get back challenging United for league places.

*Woot*

Granada have signed Spain U21 international Jonathan Viera from Las Palmas.

Cracking young player.

lolroto2.pngFeliz.png

Isn't he a -9 on FM? Can't say I have seen him IRL though.

As SRL88 said, way too many 'average' squad players in the starting 11. Dalglish is slowly getting rid of the deadwood which Benitez left him but he has too be buying 3/4/5 worldclass players for £35m, not just Carroll.

EDIT: By worldclass, I mean top quality, played European football, played for country etc. I don't mean a load of Zidanes :D

We will get there eventually and its going to take time, but its going to be hard for us, especially with the top 4 now effectively a top 6. We need a goalscorer badly in the Darren Bent way. Not effectively him, but someone who you just put through on goal and more often than not scores.

On todays game, I was pretty pleased with Andy Carroll. Its the first time he has really put himself about and he worked tirelessly for the team. Wish we would learn to cross a bloody ball to him though.

Isn't he a -9 on FM? Can't say I have seen him IRL though.

Can't remember TBH.

IRL though, he's a very good player and was much sought after.

Granada & Málaga made bids in the summer, but Las Palmas turned them down. They wanted the full €6m of his release clause. Valencia and Atlético Madrid were also interested and English clubs like Chelski, Arsenal and Man Utd had also been watching him.

In the meantime though, Las Palmas have slipped into further into heavy debt. They received other offers for Viera, but only deals involving monthly instalment payments. Granada slapped €3m on the table + 15% sell on clause + €150k when he makes his first full international appearance. Getting the €3m immediately will help clear the debts Las Palmas have, so they accepted.

Delighted they've got him though. Much better deal they've got there, than the silly money they were after paying for Gio dos Santos, who they were never likely to clinch.

Thought Carroll played well today aswell. Unfortunately in Dalglish you have a bit of a moron.

Who spends £35million on a strikers who's biggest strength is attacking crosses, then buys a £20million left winger and then plays him on the right so every cross he puts in favours the defenders and galkeeper? Today you should have gone with Downing left and Henderson right, Gerrard off Carroll, and Adam and Carragher playing in the middle. Why on earth Maxi played was beyond me.

Its been one of my biggest complaints all season. Henderson is starting to grow as a player as well and is finding his feet a little in the centre of midfield.

Maxi is a joke. He is shocking. Was crap last Saturday, crap today. I really dont see what he offers us. Kuyt is past it as well. We need to cash in on those two while we still can.

JSP's goal was beautifully taken though, gotta love that little Korean!

Yes, one of my favourite United players. Never hear a peep or complaint out of him. Just gets on with his job.

Oh, here's a vid of Jonathan Viera in action...

[video=youtube;1bK4IT8NTHg]

Viera has said he's not coming to Granada... though all sorts of shenanigans going on in the background at Las Palmas, with the player and his agent... :/

Anyhow, FM related, but happy to say that I've discovered that Jelle Vossen is a superb Trequartista. That at least has brought a smile to my face, as he's been crap everywhere else I've tried him. :lol:

Granada have pulled out of the deals for dos Santos and for Jonathan Viera. No point chasing players who aren't really interested.

Meanwhile, Granada won 2-1 away at Real Betis. Great start for new manager Abel Resino and hopefully they can go on a run now :thup:

1327842057_extras_portadilla_1.jpg

Anyone here read Lord Of The Flies? Supposed to read it in my spare time for my exam prep but the first few pages bore me to death. I'm not a bad reader either I'm 15 and must of read 25+ books in my life. Does anybody know if it gets any better?

Do any of you social smoke? I do if others do, but I really need to stop before it turns into me becoming a permanent smoker.

That is the worst kind of smoker, having a fag just to look cool or whatever.

Don't smoke, never touched a fag, made both my parents stop smoking as well.

It's just an odd turn of phrase. I'm not a big reader but Lord of the Flies was a decent book, not too long either.

Cheers I guess I have to read it if I want to end up with a good English GCSE. Anyway anybody seen the new Lambroghini floating around Facebook? Looks amazing even if it's only a concept car.

That is the worst kind of smoker, having a fag just to look cool or whatever.

Don't smoke, never touched a fag, made both my parents stop smoking as well.

I don't do it to look cool. I do it because they're there :(. At school I was always against smoking as both my parents did smoke. I don't buy them and generally find someone who will give me one. It'll only happen when we go outside and if someone stays inside then I won't bother. I only do it when I'm just about drunk :(.

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na BATMAN!

Apparently it's supposed to be a mix between the Batmobile & a tank according to the creator.

And smokings horrible but I don't believe in the whole social smoker business, you either do or don't. Never touched it my self but I repeat people who've managed to give it up.

It isn't real :D

You see other people having fags, you want to 'fit in' and have a fag with them. It is all about image...

You don't crave fags do you? You don't smoke normally... so there is no point to it except to be part of a crowd. Not just digging at you, pretty much everyone that 'socially smokes' is the same.

It isn't real :D

You see other people having fags, you want to 'fit in' and have a fag with them. It is all about image...

You don't crave fags do you? You don't smoke normally... so there is no point to it except to be part of a crowd. Not just digging at you, pretty much everyone that 'socially smokes' is the same.

Am I going to be laughed at every time I post something here?:D

Just a word to the wise...

Never under any circumstances, say you're "dying for a fag", whilst in the United States and sharing a lift with a bunch of rednecks.

They might not quite grasp your intentions. ;)

Is that a joke or did it really happen? Either way hilarious:D

Just one of those colloquial differences between UK and US English.

For most English a "fag" is a ciggy. For Americans it's a homosexual.

Just like to most Americans a "fanny" is a backside, but for us Brits it's, erm... around the other side. :D

Do any of you social smoke? I do if others do, but I really need to stop before it turns into me becoming a permanent smoker.

Don't know how you would define it but I only usually smoke on nights out, rarely during the day. But then I go out most nights anyway, and I usually buy them in the day.

Should stop really, but I like it though haha.

Granada have pulled out of the deals for dos Santos and for Jonathan Viera. No point chasing players who aren't really interested.

Meanwhile, Granada won 2-1 away at Real Betis. Great start for new manager Abel Resino and hopefully they can go on a run now :thup:

Exactly what I predicted. :cool:

Morning guys, essay on medicine through time due in tomorrow which I haven't started and have football tonight & just got back in to FM. Any body got a corker of an excuse as to why I haven't done it?:thup:

It's your own fault so you've no chance of my help, newbie.