Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Won't be very active (if at all) for the next couple weeks. My laptop screen gave up today, it couldn't hold out 11 more days until I get my new laptop could it?

So yeah, this is sent off my phone. Which I may use if I get bored to access forums.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone having a bet on the Grand National?

Me, spending £20 and my Grandad will place the bets tomorrow morning.

Yeah, going to slap a few quid on 'becauseIcouldn'tsee' just for the hilarity of it's name. I've got no tips & don't really gamble so funny names is the way I choose. :D

It's the only sporting event I gamble on every year, and as I have no idea, I go with names too.

Seabass to win is my little tip :brock:

That's one of mine.

I've gone with;

OrganisedConfusion - £5 to win.

Neptune Collenges - £5 each way.

Seabass - £1 each way.

Hello Bud - £1 each way.

So with that being £19 and me liking round numbers, I've go with 50p each way on In Compliance.

Ive got £20 e/w on Shakalakaboomboom.

I used to love a big bet all the time a few year ago but I have calmed down a lot since so thats my bet. Not because of the name....but because I go off form :cool:.

Thought you might be happy.

My dilemma tomorrow, is that the Man Utd and Granada games clash.

Kick off for the United game is an hour before the Granada game, but it looks like I'll be making good use of having dual monitors, watching the 2nd half of the United game and the 1st half of the Granada game, at the same time. :D

Would have liked to have travelled to Zaragoza for the Granada match tomorrow, but have a new construction contract starting on Monday morning. Have been to a few away games this season, but mostly ones that are more "local", like Málaga, Sevilla and Betis. I plan to go to as many as possible next season though, so hopefully my work schedule can work around my footy schedule, a little. ;)

Having a browse on Amazon and looking at Saints Row The Third and L.A. Noir - The Complete Edition, along with Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity Edition.

Thoughts?

I enjoyed Saints Row 3 and LA Noire has a good storyline to play through. Always wanted to have a go on Sins of a Solar Empire, mainly because I can't believe there is not a modern game similar to Master of Orion.

I ordered Saints Row 3 and LA Noire, but didn't order Sins of a Solar Empire... yet!

It's the space empire building thing that appealed to me too AcidBurn. I loved Master of Orion, but one of my favourites was Imperium Galactica. I can still get it working (with DOSbox) and have the original. Probably the only reason I've held back at the moment with Sins, is because I know once I get started on such a game, I'll spend too many hours on it, so I'll probably leave it for now. At little more than a tenner though, I'll probably pick it up at some point.

Funnily, I had a sort out of all my games today. Found my original boxed copies of Ultima Online, with all the books and maps with each of the expansions. Was a great MMORPG back in the day. Still going after all these years, but it's crap now. I played that for 10 years! Also found Hidden & Dangerous... that was a cracking shooter. :)

Installed Alan Wake last night. Got the collectors edition cheap over a month ago and hadn't played through it yet.

I ordered Saints Row 3 and LA Noire, but didn't order Sins of a Solar Empire... yet!

It's the space empire building thing that appealed to me too AcidBurn. I loved Master of Orion, but one of my favourites was Imperium Galactica. I can still get it working (with DOSbox) and have the original. Probably the only reason I've held back at the moment with Sins, is because I know once I get started on such a game, I'll spend too many hours on it, so I'll probably leave it for now. At little more than a tenner though, I'll probably pick it up at some point.

Funnily, I had a sort out of all my games today. Found my original boxed copies of Ultima Online, with all the books and maps with each of the expansions. Was a great MMORPG back in the day. Still going after all these years, but it's crap now. I played that for 10 years! Also found Hidden & Dangerous... that was a cracking shooter. :)

Installed Alan Wake last night. Got the collectors edition cheap over a month ago and hadn't played through it yet.

I play Master of Orion to death when I was younger especially number 2 still have it on my PC now good for a couple of hours every so often. I never found a space game quite like it, I fancied a go on Eve online but found it way too hard to do.

LA Noire has a great storyline but the game play is a bit like GTA but not as violent or sandboxy.

Granada lost 1-0 at Zaragoza, who only had one real chance at goal. They scored on the counter in the 6th minute, after Granada had just hit the crossbar.

Granada hit the woodwork another couple of times, but in truth, it was a poor game against two poor teams today. Granada never like to do things the easy way... so it looks like this relegation battle will be going right to the wire now. Villarreal still down there too, after being held by Racing Santander.

Chelsea & Spurs fans booing :mad:.

I quite unerstand why, and so should you and anyone else. Only a fool would think that it was to do with Hillsborough.

Also i don't get people in the United thread in the Football Forum saying how good we were yesterday. I thought we were a bit sloppy in the final third, often picking the wrong pass, etc.

An i will, as i did last week, point out that from where i sit it looked a certain penalty.

Was never a penalty when you watch it back though. Even Fergie morealess admitted it was a dive.

Aston Villa are one of the worse teams I've seen play this season. I can only think of Wolves who are shittier than them.

This is different to other seasons though. In their last 5 games they've beaten Arsenal away, Man United at home, Stoke at home and Liverpool away, and were unlucky to lose 2-1 away at Chelsea. That's a great effort for any team in the league. Last season they managed to nick a couple of wins in the last few games to stay up iirc.

They've upped their game massively from February onwards this season and I can't work out what's changed!? Full credit to Martinez :thup:

Nice to see the Arsenal fans who stayed give Wigan a standing ovation :)

This is different to other seasons though. In their last 5 games they've beaten Arsenal away, Man United at home, Stoke at home and Liverpool away, and were unlucky to lose 2-1 away at Chelsea. That's a great effort for any team in the league. Last season they managed to nick a couple of wins in the last few games to stay up iirc.

They've upped their game massively from February onwards this season and I can't work out what's changed!? Full credit to Martinez :thup:

They did the same last year too from February onwards lost 4 out of 14 and that was to City, Man Utd, Sunderland and Chelsea. They took 20 points from 14 games which was a great run considering they only had 22 points before that.

Nothings changed they've played decent football quite a bit this season but just not got results and had no luck. Injuries and suspensions haven't helped either. But now they seem to be getting that bit of luck and this is reflected in recent results.

Maloney coming into fitness and a few games seems to have given Wigan a big lift, plus the two young guys in the middle, Mcarthy and Mcarther have played really well lately, its strange they havent managed this form earlier in the season but hats off to Martinez, his team have never given up despite taking some humpings, i hope they stay up.

Oh and Purefun, LOL.