Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

The most frustrating aspect for me with FM, is the "morale" & team-talks aspects. The amount of times I see completely illogical reactions to perfectly logical team-talks, is the most perplexing part of the game.

I never understand this. I don't get these weird reactions that everyone seems to bang on about.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Some do, but one thing which is annoying me is the fact that everone has better guns than I because they are higher levels, so despite the fact that I hit them in the chest 4-5 times before they get one shot in on me, I die first. Arses!!!!

MW3? That'll just be connection, most of the guns in MW3 are pretty well balanced, no idea which ones you unlock first but ACR/Scar/G36/M4 are all pretty much the best ARs and MP7, PP90, P90, UMP are the best SMGs. Just stay away from akimbo FMG9s :brock:

I've always wanted to play an online game that involves tactical thinking and not just running around getting killed 100 times and just carrying on. Id love to find an online shooter that, if you got killed once, it mattered. Game over.

Never played search and destroy on CoD?

I never understand this. I don't get these weird reactions that everyone seems to bang on about.

I very rarely do, and if I do then it's from someone with a weird personality or something.

I have reached the conclusion that If you're playing with a narrow formation with four at the back then you may as well use wingbacks instead of fullbacks.

Not as detailed as other peoples tactical posts I'll admit.

Battlefield 3 is the best FPS out there for online.

YOu mean the pC version?

I think that COD games are good, but you need reactions of a cat to be able to compete. You are up against teenagers who are on it 24/7 , there is no way a working man who has a life outside video games can ever hope to compete. Private games with a bunch of friends is good fun though.

I've always wanted to play an online game that involves tactical thinking and not just running around getting killed 100 times and just carrying on. Id love to find an online shooter that, if you got killed once, it mattered. Game over.

Arma 2. :cool:

What is your new laptop like Ty?

It is a beautiful piece of kit, actually in love with the looks of it. Here it is... HP link

Backlit keyboard in red looks awesome. Want some Beats to go with it now, was going to get some at Christmas but opted not to in the end. The sound quality of this little laptop is insane, as you'd expect.

Didn't want another 17" laptop as the battery is drained instantly, my old laptop was i7, 2GB graphics, 8GB RAM and 17" screen... useless for uni all day, lasted 2-3 hours.

This new one has 14" screen, i5 (up to 3.1ghz), 6GB RAM and 1GB graphics, battery lasts almost 7 hours (tested last night)... I am well happy with it :D

I am not a massive fan of watching tennis, but when it comes to Wimbledon, I love it.

Love playing tennis as well, not sure I have played since the school team though :D that is a good 5 years ago now!

Tennis on a warm day when the sun out, cold drinks at hand... perfect! Not too hot so you don't want to play though, hate that sticky weather for sports.

Fed up of all the ignorant football fans yesterday who were going on about Pirlo as if he was a new thing :D He has been around 15 years!

Football doesn't exist outside of England for some people.

That is exactly what I was ranting about with a mate yesterday.

Then he said that because we (which includes a lot of us on here) have played FM/CM/FIFA/PES for a considerable amount of years, we just presume everyone knows about all the players we do.

My counter argument was that we are talking about Pirlo, not a bloody -10 Mexican wonderkid :D

Tennis is awesome to watch when a grand slam gets down to the last four men. Some of the beatings nadal, Murray and djokovic hand out to each other are immense. Great spectacle.

Playing it isn't as much fun though. I love playing squash, I play once a week and it is brutal fun.

Brutal fun? It can only be brutal if you purposely hit the ball and hope it hits your opponent :D.

Or when u just tap the ball at the wall like a drop shot and you opponent has to sprint to make it, only to have to sprint to the back of the court to get to your follow up hard shot, only for you to tap it again.

Then watch him hug the wall as he fights for breath.

Brutal fun!

I just notice some very strange reactions from time to time. Far too regularly, unfortunately.

One of the key things I tend to do, is build an extremely strong coaching staff, especially when it comes to an assistant manager. Mainly though it's negative reactions by highly determined/professional mentality players, in the face of an awful performance, when I criticise those performances. Then on the other hand, I give a "weak" player mentally a roasting, who reacts with consummate professionalism.

Sometimes, the reactions just don't seem to stack up as they "should" do, logically speaking, when it comes to the "mentality" of the players, based on their reasons for reacting badly.

I have absolutely no evidence to suggest things are either working as intended, or not. Still just a tad frustrating though. ;)

I have a trip to Ikea to look forward to tonight with the mrs, and I somehow have to fit a wardrobe and two bedside cabinets into a VW Polo :brock:.

I went to Ikea earlier the one near Metro Centre. Got chester draws and a book case. £139 for chester draws ffs for little'uns bedroom :/

I went to Ikea earlier the one near Metro Centre. Got chester draws and a book case. £139 for chester draws ffs for little'uns bedroom :/

Well, those chester draws do seem to be more expensive than the typical chest of draws.