Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

FM getting way too addictive for me now, everything on TV has become a background noise. Hate playing without background noise though :D

Got football in a bit, and after a day session of playing this... I really can't wait!

How many goals you on this season?

How many goals you on this season?

Season finished a while ago, I am playing LM/LW/ST now... in the cup final I played LM and scored the equaliser, and then the winning penalty after extra time. Always go 4th :cool:

I prefer playing ST, but get played LM cause of my pace and *insert word for double footedness here*

Ambidextrous?

I don't know the word... I just say "either" like FM :D

Run Ty run.

I'll be biking to football (part of my pre-season plan).

Spurs need to be very busy getting hold of players this summer. As Harry would have said, we are down to the bare bones, especially up front. The real reason why we ****ed up 3rd place was because of injuries to the midfield and no quality to replace them.

A great 1st 11, lacking in back up by the end. A horrible January transfer window, where Harry wasn't backed at all, cost us.

Invest Levy invest.

Our squad was only lacking in depth by the end because the useless twitchy wheeler dealer alienated our squad players and sent them on loan.

And in answer to Purefun's earlier question, I am certain that Luka will go this summer. AVB will need some chat to keep him at the club.

Our squad was only lacking in depth by the end because the useless twitchy wheeler dealer alienated our squad players and sent them on loan.

And in answer to Purefun's earlier question, I am certain that Luka will go this summer. AVB will need some chat to keep him at the club.

He wasn't backed by the board . Part of this im sure was because they were not going to spend on who the manager wanted while he had a court case hanging over him. Had that case gone the other way, the board would have to get another manager and give him yet more money. So we ended up getting free transfers on short deals who have all left now.

Why some players left on loan I have no idea behind that logic.

Our owners like to buy cheap and sell high, and that is what they do. Modders out for 30m plus, new lad replaces him for 8m. In 3/4 years he will go for 30m plus, and so on and so on. Spurs have not spent big in the market for a long long time, and it may be that they are in profit transfer wise over the last 5 years.

I could go on and on about Spurs for yonks, but people would proper die of boredom, so I shall stop for now.

P.S im sure we could rustle up 10m for RVP....

He wasn't backed by the board . Part of this im sure was because they were not going to spend on who the manager wanted while he had a court case hanging over him. Had that case gone the other way, the board would have to get another manager and give him yet more money. So we ended up getting free transfers on short deals who have all left now.

Why some players left on loan I have no idea behind that logic.

Our owners like to buy cheap and sell high, and that is what they do. Modders out for 30m plus, new lad replaces him for 8m. In 3/4 years he will go for 30m plus, and so on and so on. Spurs have not spent big in the market for a long long time, and it may be that they are in profit transfer wise over the last 5 years.

I could go on and on about Spurs for yonks, but people would proper die of boredom, so I shall stop for now.

P.S im sure we could rustle up 10m for RVP....

I can't name 1 Spurs player who's been sold for a massive profit? Admittedly I don't follow them, but who have you sold for massive profit?

We ended up getting free transfers on short deals because Redknapp has no clue what long term planning means, plus the likes of Nelsen and Saha were 'experienced Prem players' that Redknapp just loves. Glad he's gone. Thanks for all he did, but so much happier now that we have a manager who's vision fits with that of Levy and the club.

Dimitar Berbatov.

I left him off the list though on purpose as Getchal said they buy cheap. £11 million for a striker isn't cheap imo and they didn't know they'd end up making a massive profit on him.

It's just the way it was all worded made out they buy cheap with the intention of selling. With Berbatov that wasn't the case, so I was just wondering who the cheap players they've bought and made a big profit on are.

I left him off the list though on purpose as Getchal said they buy cheap. £11 million for a striker isn't cheap imo and they didn't know they'd end up making a massive profit on him.

It's just the way it was all worded made out they buy cheap with the intention of selling. With Berbatov that wasn't the case, so I was just wondering who the cheap players they've bought and made a big profit on are.

I don't know. He had a great record already internationally and for Leverkusen. £11million wasn't that much really.

In all fairness they bought Carrick for little and sold him for us for a fee rising to £18million, (£14million basic).

I don't know. He had a great record already internationally and for Leverkusen. £11million wasn't that much really.

In all fairness they bought Carrick for little and sold him for us for a fee rising to £18million, (£14million basic).

I forgot about Carrick yeah :thup:

They've also spent big too though.

Bentley £17 mill + clauses (waste of money)

Modric £16.5 mill (Probs go for £30 mill)

Bent £16.5 mill (sold for £10.5 mill with clauses eventually worth £16.5 mill)

Robbie Keane £16 mill + £7 mill first time

Defoe £15 mill

Pavluchenko £14 mill

Palacious £12 mill

Bale £10 mill + clauses

That's all in the last 4-5 seasons.

Quick question about FM, if I may........

When a chairmans status changes from "Loves The Club" to "Enjoying Life At The Club", what does that mean? Is it a suggetion that his interest is waining and the possibility of him selling up has arisen?

Quick question about FM, if I may........

When a chairmans status changes from "Loves The Club" to "Enjoying Life At The Club", what does that mean? Is it a suggetion that his interest is waining and the possibility of him selling up has arisen?

His interest is waning but he's not likely to sell atm.

What's head and volley stingies?

Each player starts on a number with the keeper usually on one more. You have to score by heading or volleying past the keeper in goal at the time. If you score you deduct a point off the player who is in goal at the time. If you miss, you go in. First down zero gets doggy life(feck knows why they play this). If you score on this it's then double header and double volley. Keeper gets a choice of what they want first. If they lose both those it's stingies. Take it in turns to blast the ball at the keeper. If you hit you stay out of goal. If you miss, you join on. Keep going until you have a winner. We don't play self set up. In tha past when living in Germany we did specials where you knocked 2 points off the keeper.

Each region/city in the country plays different rules.

SRL, been reading your career thread over the last few days, still enjoying it :thup: Just finished page 15, and for the last few pages, the majority of the images have gone. At what page do they start coming back?

Yer..... Go t' pub an yer drink ten pints

Now your really plastered

You go back home an yer beat yer wife

You dirty northern *******!

***** :brock:.

SRL, been reading your career thread over the last few days, still enjoying it :thup: Just finished page 15, and for the last few pages, the majority of the images have gone. At what page do they start coming back?

I think it's around pagd 20.

About half way down page 19.

I was pretty pissed off that I deleted the images. I got a message on imageshack saying its full and I needed to delete some. I didnt think getting rid of them off their would do the same on my career page so I wasnt happy.

Alright cheers, my next sesh on your career thread I'll continue to skim read my way through the pages until the images return :thup:

It gets more interesting from that point onwards I think anyway :p.

I am so so so bored. Want to get back into FM but don't know who to be. Keep looking through this forum for Motivation but nothing.

The monthly NF twist about FM has arrived...and quite early in the month as well :rolleyes:.

I did for FM11. I started off in South Korea but got hit by a bug which saw me sign a new contract but it not recognise it and it made me leave. Lost my love for that save. Not tried properly on FM12 but don't want to. Can't be arsed to move about. Just want a simple/fun save where I won't get bored. Not Man City though as that would be ****.