Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you took NF's...actually no, I won't.

Beaten to post anyway.

Damn, that could of been the start of something special.

How is everyone this morning?

Absolutely exhausted. Like really exhausted. My knee's are in absolute agony :(.

Other than that, top notch :D.

How is Cleon this morning?

Absolutely exhausted. Like really exhausted. My knee's are in absolute agony :(.

Other than that, top notch :D.

How is Cleon this morning?

The knees from building the wardrobe?

I'm good, not sure what I got planned for today though. Might go to Wheelbirks though :D

The knees from building the wardrobe?

I'm good, not sure what I got planned for today though. Might go to Wheelbirks though :D

Yeah off the wardrobe. It doesnt help that I still have 3-4 month to go till I fully recover from my ACL operation. Just constantly bending down and picking things up has me in quite a bit of pain.

Wheelbirks :cool:. Love that place...not exactly the weather for ice-cream though ha.

Tom a nice read here for you http://swissramble.blogspot.ch/2012/07/manchester-united-tuning-in-to-capital.html

Yeah off the wardrobe. It doesnt help that I still have 3-4 month to go till I fully recover from my ACL operation. Just constantly bending down and picking things up has me in quite a bit of pain.

I hate building stuff. I am probably the most lazy person ever when it comes to stuff like this.

Ohhh another fan of Wheelbirks eh?!!!! Love the place. While it's not exactly the weather, I was thinking more along the lines of it'll be empty and kids will be at school :D. Its a nightmare and like hell when the kids are off school.

Anyone been to Beamish? Hoping we get a little bit of sun this week so I can go

Not since I was a kid...but we have got a family pass for it now because we are going soon, which I would recommend getting. Its roughly £20 per adult and £10 per child. If you get a yearly pass it is similar prices and you can go back as many times within that year without any extra charge.

I live 10 minutes away from the place :brock:.

Not since I was a kid...but we have got a family pass for it now because we are going soon, which I would recommend getting. Its roughly £20 per adult and £10 per child. If you get a yearly pass it is similar prices and you can go back as many times within that year without any extra charge.

I live 10 minutes away from the place :brock:.

I can't get a family pass yet as my young daughter (10 weeks old) doesn't count as a kid yet, pfft. Try been with her when shes really hungry then they'd understand she was real :D

I'm off work from Wednesday for a week. Going to Filey in North Yorkshire for the weekend. Isn't that your neck of the woods Cleon? Any good?

I moved last month to Gateshead. But yeah I lived like 10 mins from there by car in Scarborough. Fileys alright, Scarborough nicer place though. You can always go and visit it for day, more to do that Filey :). Can go sealife, castle, 2 hour boat ride, speed boat rides, spa with concenerts, comedians etc on and loads more

My work wife has been away on holiday for well over a week and I work in a very busy office. I have been snowed under with work so I have decided that I am going to take a few days off at the end of the week when she comes back :brock:.

Cheers Cleon. We're planning at least a day in Scarborough. I hear the fish and chips are sublime! :D

Fish and Chips are awesome yeah :D

My work wife has been away on holiday for well over a week and I work in a very busy office. I have been snowed under with work so I have decided that I am going to take a few days off at the end of the week when she comes back :brock:.

Is that a way of sneaking more gaming in?

It is a strong possibility :thup:.

The mrs is at work and the kids are at school. Alone time = :cool:.

Nice :cool:

Well if your at a loose end up this way, always the option of going for a pint :thup:

SRl, can you just tell your work that you're having a holiday? If so that is great :D.

Well, sort of I can. As long as my colleague is in and the rest of the centres are covered then I can pretty much come and go as I please. I tend to have a lot of flexi available as well so I can go home early.

Nice :cool:

Well if your at a loose end up this way, always the option of going for a pint :thup:

Haha. Im up Newcastle tomorrow afternoon because I am picking my suit up!!! I often struggle to turn down a pint ;).

Would anyone be interested if we would do a meet-up in lets say London? Not now of course but lets say april next year? (just an idea)

Possibly.

I wish I could just go in and take time off when I wanted. I have to book mine for the year, really early, otherwise I'd lose them.

Would anyone be interested if we would do a meet-up in lets say London? Not now of course but lets say april next year? (just an idea)

There are better places in Britain than London but meh, what the heck :p.

I've been to London once. And that was only for a day with college over 2 years ago. Went to the dungeons(average) and then went round in groups. I was with another lad and 2 girls. We got half of Oxford Street done I think and that was because we were waiting for the girls to finish shopping. They spent about 2 hours in one shop. When we told them to hurry up, they were like, we haven't even been in here long. Once they had finished and we'd got back to the trainstation, they realised that they were in there ages.

I want to go back some time but to go round London you need a few days at least.

Really don't get what I've just been told. I'm on my short day today at work. So instead of going in at half 1, I asked whether I could go in at half 2 and not have an hour break. Been told no, got to go in at half 1. Whilst it may make sense, I'm going to have to go for my hour break at 3. Quite pointless tbh.

Really don't get what I've just been told. I'm on my short day today at work. So instead of going in at half 1, I asked whether I could go in at half 2 and not have an hour break. Been told no, got to go in at half 1. Whilst it may make sense, I'm going to have to go for my hour break at 3. Quite pointless tbh.

It's all in the wording. Should have said go in at same time and finish hour early instead.

Well, sort of I can. As long as my colleague is in and the rest of the centres are covered then I can pretty much come and go as I please. I tend to have a lot of flexi available as well so I can go home early.

Haha. Im up Newcastle tomorrow afternoon because I am picking my suit up!!! I often struggle to turn down a pint ;).

Time up picking it up? Where abouts in Newc you gotta go?

I can't. Have to be there until half 9 to face up. But going in later would have been better for me. Instead, I have to go for a break 1 and half hours after starting which tbh is stupid and pointless. I'll no doubt get called to a till at that time as well which will see me get into an argument when I explain to them I have to go for my dinner before everyone else off my department goes home.

I can't. Have to be there until half 9 to face up. But going in later would have been better for me. Instead, I have to go for a break 1 and half hours after starting which tbh is stupid and pointless. I'll no doubt get called to a till at that time as well which will see me get into an argument when I explain to them I have to go for my dinner before everyone else off my department goes home.

Drama seems to follow you around :D

Time up picking it up? Where abouts in Newc you gotta go?

Well I am teaching until 3 o'clock, then its straight up the A1 from Durham and into Newcastle. I am parking near the arena and going to Slaters which is near Central Station so probably wont be until about quater to 4.

I can't. Have to be there until half 9 to face up.

Face up? Is it a boxing match or something?

I get into loads of arguments. Unfortunately I get that from my dad. My mum will just sit and not do anything as she doesn't like arguments. Me, well I speak my mind and I'm not afraid to get into arguments with people. I won't back down if I know I'm right. If I am, I will go and apologise once I've calmed down. If I can't go and calm down, it irritates me even more and I'll just end up saying something that will get me into trouble.