Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

SIR Alex Ferguson allowed John Cofie to join Sheffield United on loan after being impressed by the South Yorkshire club’s style of play last season.

Danny Wilson’s side were granted first refusal on the teenage centre-forward’s services because Ferguson views Bramall Lane as “providing the right environment” for Cofie’s “future development”.

Fergie knows a good thing when he sees it :thup:

Or Fergie sees that as a club, you're quite well known for bringing through young players. So he wants some of it, so loaning you players here and there will hopefully sweeten the deal. As and when a player he wants comes through?

Nah as we'd sell without a good relationship. Flash the cash and our owner will sell.

Blimey it's as easy to cheer you up as it is to upset you!

If it makes you happy, I shall address you this way in the future.

I never said I was cheery. I just said I like the Sir comment. Its accepted.

Adlene Guedioura. Only scored 2 goals last season. One for Wolves and one for us. They both won goals of the season in each club's award :D.

An Algerian central midfielder who can attack, defend and has a decent shot on him as well. Plays for the team and never gives up. That's what I've gathered from what people have said, seen myself and radio and stuff. In our local paper, it was rumoured that he'd be available for around £750k. He's going into the last year of his contract and with Wolves having 45 senior players on their books. They'll be looking to reduce this most probably. Considering their new manager will probably want some of his own players, we could get him possibly. Guedioura has also said that he'd be willing to come back on a permanent basis should the opportunity arise.

He only joined us on loan in Jan after a falling out with McCarthy I think. cms on here has tweeted that if McCarthy was to come in as manager, then Guedioura probably wouldn't come back as they don't get along. Or something along those lines. Guedioura favourited it.

Goal vs Millwall - From about 1 minute.

- From our game against Leeds where we won 7-3.

He kept Wolves up the first season although they were poor in his second season and it wasn't his fault we got relegated. As for signing players that will be there longer how do you know that? If that bloke score a few goals like that he might not be at Forest for long.

Believe me, I wouldn't. Gets teams promoted but does naff all with them after. Sooner us go for another manager and sign players who will probably be at the club longer than the manager.

He kept Wolves in the Premiership two years in a row.

Correct, but McCarthy also spends alot of money on players. No thank you. Last thing we need is another David Platt. I'd sooner see Cotterill given a chance. Or for us to go for someone else. Not sure who though.

Oh and I linked this the other day. If anyone read it. Then you probably would have enjoyed it. If you haven't, I'd suggest you read it as it's quite funny. Start from page 1 though http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=32565&page=5

He kept Wolves in the Premiership two years in a row.

He also got Sunderland relegated with the lowest amount of points from the Prem which was record for a long time iirc. Also has a habit of spending a fair of money on players as well and offering big wages(possibly). No thanks.

So you don't want a manager who has a track record of getting teams up from the Championship, strange.

He also got Sunderland relegated with the lowest amount of points from the Prem which was record for a long time iirc. Also has a habit of spending a fair of money on players as well and offering big wages(possibly). No thanks.

If you consider that his fault then you have very little knowledge of what happened.

He is, but Cotterill kept us up, United the squad and deserves a chance. Changing the manager now would just make things worse. Unless, of course. The takeover has been in the pipeline for a number of months and the new manager already knew and had some signings lined up. Although from what I've seen, there was another Middle Eastern Group who had exclusvity beforehand.

It's not. It's logic. The best manager isn't always the right fit for the club. Look at McClaren for example. Had done a good job with Boro, Twente and a few other clubs. Did shocking with some other teams. Cotterill seemed to get the squad united. The last thing we need is some massive changes now which could affect us for the bad.

McClaren is different. He was too big for the Championship. A bit like Sven. Whereas managers like Neil Warnock, Mick McCarthy, etc etc know the division like the back of their hand and know what it takes to get out of it.

Yeah but, they don't know how to stay in the division. Admittedly Warnock has been unlucky, but McCarthy hasn't. Just not overly excited at the prospect of him becoming our manager. I'd sooner us keep Cotterill. Or go after someone else. As of yet, I don't have any ideas who that could be.

Is Cotterill still manager now?

Yes, at the moment. Paper rumours were saying he was going to be given a chance. Now on Twitter and in a few papers, it seems that their preferred choice is McCarthy. Although apparently before that it was Warnock. Who was apparently considering leaving should Leeds not have been taken over. Now that they have, he's willing to stay.

Funny thing about you mentioning McCarthy at Sunderland is that that clown Cotterill was Howard Wilkinsons assman for the run of 2 wins in 20 that led to Mick having the worst record ever in EPL at the time.

Correct. Because he also has a track record of getting teams relegated from the Premiership.

Track record? he's been relegated once from the Prem. Hardly a track record is it?

He's also contributed to Wolves being relegated from the Prem as well. So that's technically 2 clubs. So yeah, track record.

I'd happily see Warnock take over as manager. Was unlucky with both Sheffield United and QPR.

But technically or not, it's fact hes only been relegated once.

I'd take Mick over Warnock every day of the week, nice person and isn't a complete knob.

McCarthy was relegated with Sunderland after joining us when we had 2 wins in 20 matches no Sunderland fan blames him for us being relegated, it wouldn't have mattered who manages us we were already down.

No I won't Tom. Everyone has differing opinions on the club they support. The fact is, McCarthy doesn't have the greatest track record when he's got to the Prem. Hiring him now would cause more problems now imo. So leave things as they are and give Cotterill a chance.

But you're contradicting yourself and going by your logic, Cotterill shouldn't get the job no experience etc.

Mick has a good record and would have kept Wolves up or done a lot better than they finished.