Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

McCarthy was relegated with Sunderland after joining us when we had 2 wins in 20 matches no Sunderland fan blames him for us being relegated, it wouldn't have mattered who manages us we were already down.

But people judge without knowing facts and understanding this point.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

No I won't Tom. Everyone has differing opinions on the club they support. The fact is, McCarthy doesn't have the greatest track record when he's got to the Prem. Hiring him now would cause more problems now imo. So leave things as they are and give Cotterill a chance.

McCarthy has a better track record in the Premiership than Warnock, yet you are promoting Warnock's appointment ahead of McCarthy's. On that basis, yes, you should stop.

Well when they first really burst onto the scene in this country with "All The Small Things" I still wasn't even a teenager.

It's weird , when posting on an online forum , although you know it to be different, you just sort of feel like everyone is the same age as you.

No one younger than me can be addressed as "Sir". It's just silly.

I do write some tripe on here.

Twice in one day we've been on the same page now! Christ what's happening?!

There must be something in the air.

Well when they first really burst onto the scene in this country with "All The Small Things" I still wasn't even a teenager.

I was 11 or 12 if I remember correctly.

No one younger than me can be addressed as "Sir". It's just silly.

Stick to Sir please. It suits me.

Udinese fan's aren't happy with the best players always been sold and the money not re-invested. The owners told them they have limited resources and then invest in Watford. They are sick of seeing no benefits from the players they sell and don't see the point in it, if it doesn't help the club.

Kinda see where they are coming from.

Used to love Blink 182 back in the day!!!

Been watching Gordon Behind Bars and Hells Kitchen. Bit of a mark for his shows I must say.

I've been watching that Gordan Behind Bars, quite enjoyable as well :)

I have a cold. Let me blame Ty for that.

I haven't been ill in so long :cool: Back to how I use to be now, fit as a fiddle.

Side note: Why are fiddles fit? I have always wondered this. Maybe one of you older folks would know... *ahem* Heath? *ahem*

I've been watching that Gordan Behind Bars, quite enjoyable as well :)

What is it about? If its him cooking in a jail well lame.

I haven't been ill in so long :cool: Back to how I use to be now, fit as a fiddle.

Side note: Why are fiddles fit? I have always wondered this. Maybe one of you older folks would know... *ahem* Heath? *ahem*

Heath isn't that old really. Wasn't the oldest user on these boards in his 80's? I believe I read that in GD. :(

He has gone into Brixton Prison in London and is getting the prisoners to start a business basically. He is teaching them to cook and getting them to make products to sell on the outside of the prison to pay for themselves in prison rather than £38k per year that the taxpayers have to pay. Basically get them doing something rather than sitting on their arses :thup:.

He has gone into Brixton Prison in London and is getting the prisoners to start a business basically. He is teaching them to cook and getting them to make products to sell on the outside of the prison to pay for themselves in prison rather than £38k per year that the taxpayers have to pay. Basically get them doing something rather than sitting on their arses :thup:.

Yeah what SRL say's trying to get the prisioners to make money for the prison so they ain't sat on tax payers money. It's a good watch

It was a medieval phrase when the fittest person around was the fiddler – the jester who played the violin to the court. The original phrase was “as fit as a fiddler”.

No he's not the mouthy **** he normally is as he knows someone will hurt him bad. He's actually quite timid

Had a go at someone last night and went running back to appolagise bless him.

It was cack weather this morning but it's brightened up so now we have sun. That Gordon behind Bars seems good. I wanted to watch it but I just haven't got round to it. If it works in one prison, then why couldn't it work in another? Before eventually being the normal thing and actually giving the government some more cash for other things. Tax the prisons money as well. How many prisons are there in the UK? Does anyone know?

Oh and I have a day off tomorrow. Well deserved imo.

Not sure how many prisons there are but there are around 88,000 prisoners.

Edit: I asked Jeeves and this is what I got:

In the UK, there are approximately 138 prisons with a total number of 82,319 inmates. This high number has exerted pressure on the available resources leading to over crowding.

Surely that 38k includes all the staffing of the prisons and everything they need to keep them alive. It does sound a lot but I'm not sure how they could reduce it, wonder how that figure compares to other nations.

I'm not being funny, but this is where the government is going wrong. Now I don't know how true the rumours are that prisons are quite cushy. But they should have nothing interesting to keep them occupied. They should be bored all throughout their time during their prison sentence. They should be given the chance to reform through courses, so that if they're ever get out. They won't stay jobless and resort back to crime. Maybe let them play football. But apart from that, nothing. Give them a gym as well and don't give them any money that they get on a weekly/however timeframe it is. Luxuries should be footed by the families. So if the prisoners want things, their families pay for it. It is only fair. Then they'd realise that prison isn't going to be cushy anymore. Obviously as I have never lived or been to prison. I don't know how true the cushy lifestyle rumours are. If they're true, then my rules should come into effect.

They can't afford all these prisoners so thy are reluctant to sen them there. Hence light sentences. Poxy country. Cant afford to prison criminals, can't afford a decent army, can't afford a decent police force, can't afford more nurses. Can't afford jack ****.

Can afford an Olympics costing billions. Some sort of sick joke.

On the weather front, in north Essex if you look south it's bright sunshine. Turn round and look north and ou see the darkest, angriest clouds you will ever see. Almost scary looking. It rains and stops. Rains and stops. Blowing a gale.

I hope tomorrow is better as I am planning a 30 mile cycle ride I have been looking forward to all week.

So it's 38k times 88k to keep all prisoners inside for one year, that's a lot of cash. Probably not a place for the debate but I am in favour of the death sentence.

Yeah, but this is the problem. Some prisoners want to die. I always had this opinion until my dad said that's the easy escape route. Really, in truth, you should make their lives a living misery so that they'll never repeat again/learn from their mistakes. It'll also get round that prison is **** which would also help make the minds of other people thinking of committing crimes.

Family paying for the luxuries is a silly idea, basically means any rich person will get benefits whilst in prison.

No, because any rich person in jail would have their assets frozen if they were deemed to have made the money through crime. How I mean, is magazines, nice luxuries that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. If a prisoner wanted it, the family would pay for it. If they weren't willing to, then no luxuries.

It would probably cause some problems, but that's where the hate for prison would come in. Hopefully reforming people. I'd have no issue with the government giving police officers and prison wardens the right to beat prisoners up within reason either.

I don't care if they want to die or not for me some crimes should be punished by death. It would save a lot of money in the long run and reduce the amount of people in jail.

Ian Huntley. Wants to die, goes on regular hunger strikes but is kept alive through force feeding by tubes. Personally think we should force feed more and make him become a fat git. It should be all about making the prisoners, especially rapists, murderers and ones like that lives hell. So if they hate their life by being alive, we keep them alive.

Really does sound like I'm bad myself but I'm not. I could probably find alot more people have these views but are too scared to voice them.

If my maths are correct, it'd cost the government just over £3bn a year. That is with each prisoner costing £35k a year. I'm not being funny. You could easily reduce that if my maths are correct.

Going by whats being said, that's £3,154,000,000 per year, That's a lot so I'm all for the death penalty and this Gordan Behind Bars.

No, because any rich person in jail would have their assets frozen if they were deemed to have made the money through crime. How I mean, is magazines, nice luxuries that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. If a prisoner wanted it, the family would pay for it. If they weren't willing to, then no luxuries.

It would probably cause some problems, but that's where the hate for prison would come in. Hopefully reforming people. I'd have no issue with the government giving police officers and prison wardens the right to beat prisoners up within reason either.

Ian Huntley. Wants to die, goes on regular hunger strikes but is kept alive through force feeding by tubes. Personally think we should force feed more and make him become a fat git. It should be all about making the prisoners, especially rapists, murderers and ones like that lives hell. So if they hate their life by being alive, we keep them alive.

Really does sound like I'm bad myself but I'm not. I could probably find alot more people have these views but are too scared to voice them.

There are probably more people against the death penalty than there are for it. How much has it cost to keep Huntley in prison? I think they should have killed him as soon as he was found guilty. The person themselves doesn't have to be the rich one. If someone has rich parents they shouldn't be entitled to more luxuries than someone with poor parents, what you are saying makes no sense.

As things stand someone can rape and kill kids and it would cost us £500,000 to keep them alive, not worth it, they deserve to die simple.