Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

I'm bored of hearing people say Liverpool with be playing the 'Rodger's way'. Roger's didn't create the way Swansea played. Jackett, Martinez and Sousa did. Rodger's just carried on playing the same way really.

Three misused apostrophes in 4 short sentences? Some kind of record there.

Not so long ago I could tell people to go have **** a midget and all would be fine. Not anymore.

Got to bring it back to midgets. :D

I come to bid you all farewell.

Only think it's the two new kids that are too touchy, could just ban them?

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bentley got to spurs and thought he had made it. I think his attitude is all wrong. I don't know. Crying shame he had tons of potential. In the end he is a multi millionaire who didn't really do much to earn it.

I apologise Sunderland was maybe a bad example. Just want someone, anyone to take him. I'm too scared of seeing him and Jenas play in a spurs shirt again, even in a friendly. Not good for my blood pressure.

I'm not touchy and if you say I am again I'll tell my mum

SRL, you say if Bentley cared about playing, he'd take a pay cut. It may not be as simple as that. At Spurs, he could be on about £70k a week all in. Now, would you take a pay cut in your job for another company if you didn't have to? You probably wouldn't. If he's happy in London. Quite possible considering he's from London, what's to say he doesn't want to move his family. So, until someone matches his wage or he gets released he'll milk it for all it's worth. From what I've heard, he invests some of his money in other business ventures.

All I cared about when I was younger was playing professional football. I had my chance in a youth team and I blew it. I would give anything to be back there again and if I was sat at Spurs on £70k per week and wanted to play football so bad, I would definitely take a pay cut to go elsewhere. I would downsize in my house and do what I needed to ensure that I could afford a luxerious lifestyle still, but I would go from £70k p/w down to £35k p/w no problem if I really wanted to play.

I think Bentley got to spurs and thought he had made it. I think his attitude is all wrong. I don't know. Crying shame he had tons of potential. In the end he is a multi millionaire who didn't really do much to earn it.

I apologise Sunderland was maybe a bad example. Just want someone, anyone to take him. I'm too scared of seeing him and Jenas play in a spurs shirt again, even in a friendly. Not good for my blood pressure.

I'm not touchy and if you say I am again I'll tell my mum

No need to apologise I understood what you meant, truth is when he was first out of favour at Spurs I was hoping we would get him on loan.

How did you blow it SRL if you don't mind me asking? I know you played for a few academies didn't you. I just always thought that you had done your knees which is why you was forced to give up.

Also, downgrading your house isn't always easy. Buying a house in London would probably be more expensive in London than in Wigan or somewhere like that. Now, footballers will have mortgages like we do. And when you sell a house you'd probably have to pay it off. So yeah, it's whether they could afford it without screwing themselves over.

All I cared about when I was younger was playing professional football. I had my chance in a youth team and I blew it. I would give anything to be back there again and if I was sat at Spurs on £70k per week and wanted to play football so bad, I would definitely take a pay cut to go elsewhere. I would downsize in my house and do what I needed to ensure that I could afford a luxerious lifestyle still, but I would go from £70k p/w down to £35k p/w no problem if I really wanted to play.

These players are made financially before they hit 20. Football is not a priority for them (not all) anymore. The hunger is not there as it is for you. If you had 70k a week, it doesn't matter how much you have in the bank, you are not going to take a pay cut if you don't want to. And if you have no ambition as a player left, even more so.

Money is relative to the peer group you are in. This is why players who are on 70k a week will uproot and go somewhere for 150k a week. They see other people earning more than them and they want a piece of the action. Look at the arsenal exodus to man city for example.

How did you blow it SRL if you don't mind me asking? I know you played for a few academies didn't you. I just always thought that you had done your knees which is why you was forced to give up.

No, no. My knee's I have only blown in the last few years. I tore my knee ligaments playing 5-aside in 2008 I think it was. After I went through physio etc I tore them again in my first game back playing Sunday League after 5 minutes from coming off the bench. Went up for a header and my knee buckled under me when I landed. That was in 2009.

I played for Middlesbrough between the ages of 9-14. I blew it because I got really pissed off with training and the coaches. I was an attacking midfielder and played alongside Lee Cattermole who was the ball-winner. The coaches kept banging on at us both to swap over and me become the ball-winner, which at the time wasnt my game (it was as I got older and then I turned into a centre back - ironic). I was quite big headed at the time and walked. It was the stupidest decision of my life and as much as my Dad kept pushing me to go back I was addiment that I shouldnt and I could get a contract with Sunderland who I wanted me to sign with them as well after watching me for the District at the same time Boro did. Anyway, if I didnt quit Boro, I would have been at training one night but instead I wasnt and I was out playing with my friends on our bikes. I went over a jump on my bike and landed awkwardly. I ended up going over my handlebars and the big handlebar lacirated my right groin. The laciration was about 5 inches long and missed the main artery in my groin by less than an inch or I would have died. Kharma :thup:.

Seeing as you've obviosuly not read the PM then. It's been deleted because you was been derogatory towards myself and others. And I cba to edit the post so just deleted it.

I've sent you a pm back, not sure if it went through or not though.

Man that sounds nasty SRL! :(

Haha I havent had a pleasent life in terms of injuries. The three I mentioned there are just three of the 10 operations I have had in my life. Im 23 :lol:.

Christ almighty are we still arguing in here?? :thdn:

My knees are fecked aswell mate, keep coming out of place, been told to go to physio but i really cba

Cant be arsed :D. Cracking excuse there McGougan haha. You should get yourself there though because you will suffer later on in life.

I know. Come on SRL, you know I'm not remotely serious.

I know. I had a sarky answer back but in the end I just couldnt be arsed :D.

Couldn't sleep last night even though I really needed it. Had 3/4 hours sleep every night since Monday, and working full day has really knackered me out... so last night at 1.30am I realised I wasn't getting to sleep any time soon so thought I'd read something on the forums. Heard speak of Tom's career thread in here so ventured over there... I forced myself to exit at just gone 3am :D

Didn't even get through it all either :thup: Quality.

**** it, lets get some laughter back in this joint. Tom has already seen a spoiler for this, but here are a few to remind us of the good old times

:cool:

[video=youtube;RT4w-WjX7xg]

[video=youtube;N8nUBpkshtk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8nUBpkshtk

[video=youtube;CbWW4Zu7Ehk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbWW4Zu7Ehk&feature=related

Yeah probably should mate, cant play footie at all now, just end up in too much pain lol! Sucks ass aswell, ive got more tricks than messi, ty and ronaldo put together! :D

Of course you needed to put Ty in there :lol:.

What have I missed? I fell asleep on the sofa :(.

I dont know. Maybe your Dad tickled your balls!!!

I like how Tom's thread get's lots of credit but it was SRL's that started it really :D. It seems that alot of journeyman saves have been started for this FM. A lot more than usual imo. I think that's down to SRL and secondly, Tom.

You should read the first page. Most of them say they started because of me :brock:.

Would one be the Champions League and one be the Europa League? My knowledge of South American football is cack so unfortunately I can't help.

I believe thats the way it works, but to be in both is quite confusing.

You should read the first page. Most of them say they started because of me :brock:.

Yeah, but people keep saying that Tom's thread is good. Maybe they should read yours as well. Both good imo. I don't keep as up to date as most with them but will still read them as and when I feel like.

Then, you shouldn't really should you? So would it possibly be a bug if it follows the same format as the European system. One or the other?

I havent got a clue. I shall PM Snake who was the person who tried to explain the bugger to me in the first place.

Well the boy can play! :thdn:, and what do you mean maybe he did? LOL

I will believe that when I see it :brock:.

Well....I didnt want it to sound like I actually knew :D.

SRL, how many seasons have you been in Argentina?

Ive just started my second season. Won the Apertura League Title (first half of the season), came 5th in the Clausura (second half of the season) and then went onto win the Libertadores.

Copa Sudamericana :confused:.

It is very complicated, but having read your career thread, (how you did domestically this term), and how teams qualify for the Sudamericana it seems perfectly understandable that you can enter both competitions. :thup:

I like how Tom's thread get's lots of credit but it was SRL's that started it really :D. It seems that alot of journeyman saves have been started for this FM. A lot more than usual imo. I think that's down to SRL and secondly, Tom.
You should read the first page. Most of them say they started because of :brock:.

As SRL said really...........users tend to credit him, which is perfectly understandable as without him their wouldn't be my thread.

Would one be the Champions League and one be the Europa League? My knowledge of South American football is cack so unfortunately I can't help.

No, this isn't the case.

It is very complicated, but having read your career thread, (how you did domestically this term), and how teams qualify for the Sudamericana it seems perfectly understandable that you can enter both competitions. :thup:

No, this isn't the case

As SRL said really...........users tend to credit him, which is perfectly understandable as without him their wouldn't be my thread.

Please explain Tom???

One thing I have to say though regarding the career threads. I think Tom is a much better writer on here than me and I enjoy the write-up on his thread more than I do my own :thup:.

According to wiki. If you win the Sudamericana, you automatically gain entry to the other one. So that really throws it out considering you won the other one. Maybe it's vice versa as well.

I qualified for the Sudamericana through the league and then won the Libertadores. How I was in that in the first place I dont know because the club finished something like 17th the season before I joined and didnt win a trophy.

Views on Rangers or "Sevco" Being moved to the third division?

It will be a good save on FM13 :lol:.

Honestly though, its the right thing to do. There is no way in any world they should have gone in any other league. I worry for Scottish football though because without the Old Firm Derby there will be an evident lack of money.

Please explain Tom???

One thing I have to say though regarding the career threads. I think Tom is a much better writer on here than me and I enjoy the write-up on his thread more than I do my own :thup:.

You best bet would be to PM PMLF, (Brazil Head Researcher), as he'll know.

Also, thanks for your kind words regarding my thread. :)

According to wiki. If you win the Sudamericana, you automatically gain entry to the other one. So that really throws it out considering you won the other one. Maybe it's vice versa as well.

But they run at different times, so it's not quite like in Europe regaridng the Champions League/Europa.

Also qualification is, (for Argentinan clubs), is based on how they in the Clausura as well as on the aggregate of the Apertura/Calusura.