Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

What's there to understand? You support a team but you quite like another team and support them against other opposition. Bit weird if it's in the same league or they regularly compete, but otherwise not strange at all.

Coventry are my second team because they're local, I used to have a season ticket there when I was younger as my dad wanted to take me somewhere.

I follow other teams results, but I wouldn't at all say I've got a second team.

I have one team that I support, and that's all.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't. Never felt or had to need. Does everyone remember their first ever football match they went to? Mine was against Ipswich Town iirc at The City Ground on April 5th 1998 iirc. I remember sitting in the top tier of the Brian Clough upper near The Trent End. We conceded first before winning 2-1. Pierre Van Hooijdonk with both goals I think. It was Sunday and I still have the match programme.

I don't. Never felt or had to need. Does everyone remember their first ever football match they went to? Mine was against Ipswich Town iirc at The City Ground on April 5th 1998 iirc. I remember sitting in the top tier of the Brian Clough upper near The Trent End. We conceded first before winning 2-1. Pierre Van Hooijdonk with both goals I think. It was Sunday and I still have the match programme.

Old firm 2-0 Celtic 5 or 6 days after my birthday

That's what I mean, to do well. Not follow as a "second team".

Well if I was to say second team it would be Hoffenheim. I would rather have a second team from abroad than at home.

McG's second team was Chelsea back in 2004, but weirdly changed to Man City a few years back... now his second team is coincidently the European Champions again...

All a little fishy...

I PM'd PMLF about the Argentine league and this is what I got back:

There are two tables in Argentina:

A Libertadores table, which is based on a year, not season (ex: 2012)
A Sudamericana table, which is based on the season (ex: 2011-12)

In Argentina clubs can play both competitions in same year although this is changing now in real life.[/Code]

McG's second team was Chelsea back in 2004, but weirdly changed to Man City a few years back... now his second team is coincidently the European Champions again...

All a little fishy...

Do not talk bollocks lad! I have never and will never support City

I PM'd PMLF about the Argentine league and this is what I got back:

There are two tables in Argentina:

A Libertadores table, which is based on a year, not season (ex: 2012)
A Sudamericana table, which is based on the season (ex: 2011-12)

In Argentina clubs can play both competitions in same year although this is changing now in real life.[/Code]

So yeah, it does make sense that you can be in both competitions, as on FM it might not have been put in, (you know, coded for the future), that teams can't be in both competitions. That of course is depending on when the decision was made in real life.

Right lads. Well I am off to bed and I am unsure whether I will be on tomorrow as I am going to this wedding. If Im not I hope you all have a good day and I will try not to come on tomorrow night with my drunken slober :D.

Having a second team? Really?
I've never really understood it to be honest.

I have team(s) in every country which I support and a fan off.

Just watched Million Dollar Baby for the first time.......................t'is a great film.

It is indeed.

My first team is Spurs. My second team is Colchester, I live a mile from the ground . As a result I see more of Colchester than Spurs these days. Its cheaper and a lot less hassle, and its a great stadium to watch football in.

I fear for the club this season, they have lost a lot of their best players , and have little money to spend. We are going to see a lot of youth play this season. One bright spot is Freddie Sears signing, looking forward to watching him.

The new rules in league one and two mean clubs cant spend more than 65% I think of their revenue on playing staff. Last season they were spending 104% . Benn punching above their weight for a while really.

Up the U's:thup:

My first game was a 1-1 draw with Nottingham Forest at Fratton Park. Was on the front row just behind the goal. I want to say I was about 11... Hmm...

Does everyone remember their first ever football match they went to?

January 18th 1994, 3 days after my 5th birthday, was meant to go on my birthday but glad I didn't as well lost to Carlisle.

Mansfield 2-1 Hereford can't remember scorers but I do have the programme somewhere. :)

What I will say is. There are 4/5 managers in the frame. Redknapp, McCarthy, Ferguson, Keane and one other. From the press conference today, that is what was said. One person then asked whether they had approached Glenn Hoddle. To which the new owners replied, no we haven't. Then another question was asked as to whether they had held talks with Redknapp. To which they said, we are not willing to discuss this or something along those lines.

I personally would like Davies to come back. I've found numerous other Forest fans who aren't keen on McCarthy either.

He was "shown" up, not "showed" up. And in this instance it's "gets", no apostrophe needed.

But your point stands - he is not learning from his mistakes in previous fights.

Didn't notice that cheers for correcting me, and yeah I don't think he'll ever learn. Think this is where he starts going down hill now, can't see him in a big fight any time soon.

If Garcia is able to show Kahn up, Mayweather would completely embarrass him!!!

Hangovers :(.

Garcia didn't show him up..............it was a case, as always with Khan, of him not defending properly.

On another note, where was this wedding you went to? Up your end? And man up.

On another note, where was this wedding you went to? Up your end? And man up.

Yeah. The wedding itself was at a church in a little village called Eastgate. Beautiful place!!! The reception and night bit were at a hotel called Helme Park which is near Tow Law. They are about 30mins away from where I live.

How the hell have you managed the crack the screen so soon? Take better care of your stuff for christs sake.

My laptop is immaculate and not a mark on it, I have taken extreme care with this laptop.

Then I turned around last night and knocked my laptop with my arm and the screen went. I am trying to find out if there is anything I can do as no way should a screen should go that easy... I barely touched it.

I tend to buy the Liverpool kits every season if I like them. I wont be getting our away or third kit this season because I think they're awful, but I have the home one.

I will be getting a Hoffenheim shirt this season though :brock:.