Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

I like Lucas (Liverpool one) he's such an underrated player imo

It took him a while to settle in and also get used to the system considering he was an AM and Benitez wanted him to be a DM, but the last few years he has been absolutely unbelievable. When he got injured last season thats where our downfall was really because when ever our full backs were exposed he was there to cover and just broke up every attack where as Spearing/Adam just couldnt do the same job.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally think Modric is massively over priced at £35million.

Anyone who doesn't watch Modric week in week out, thinks he's overpriced. If you signed him for that much (you won't, Madrid will) you'd moan for about a month and then realise that he's worth all that and more.

He's the only midfielder in the world who could slot into the Barca team right now. He doesn't do the showy stuff but he makes teams tick (whether Spurs or Croatia) and links defence/midfield/attack seamlessly. Plus his dribbling skills and ability to turn on a sixpence are sublime.

If we wants to leave us he should go. I'll be gutted though, he's the best player at the Lane since Gazza and is a pleasure to watch.

He's worth 10 Carricks. Stop being obstinate (I realise thats impossible for you, but thought I'd say it anyway).

Alternately, people who don't watch Carrick week-in week-out don't truly understand what he brings to a team. All i said was that in describing Modric you just described what Carrick does, merely with the added bonus of being able to dribble.

Anyone who doesn't watch Modric week in week out, thinks he's overpriced. If you signed him for that much (you won't, Madrid will) you'd moan for about a month and then realise that he's worth all that and more.

He's the only midfielder in the world who could slot into the Barca team right now. He doesn't do the showy stuff but he makes teams tick (whether Spurs or Croatia) and links defence/midfield/attack seamlessly. Plus his dribbling skills and ability to turn on a sixpence are sublime.

If we wants to leave us he should go. I'll be gutted though, he's the best player at the Lane since Gazza and is a pleasure to watch.

There are loads of midfielders who fit Barca's style a lot more than Modric would. Modric is more suited to Madrid's style rather than Barca's imo. In fact for how Mourinho plays he is the perfect signing and the type of player that would thrive in this system. At Barca his creativeness would be sacrificed due to Xavi and Iniesta.

I've started one and completed nearly seven months so far and I'm enjoying it. I'd love to be able to have the patience to document about my saves in the amount of detail some of the others do. But I don't have the patience to write about it or save it, format it and then get so many months written up. If I do go back to documenting saves, or attempting to. It'll be season updates like dafuge does.

How many leagues and players do you have loaded Ty? I don't play the game that quick, my laptop is about 3 years old as well but is still good. I'm actually quite far out of pre-season considering that only lasts about a month. Infact, I'm closer to the end of the season than I am to the previous pre-season.

Alternately, people who don't watch Carrick week-in week-out don't truly understand what he brings to a team. All i said was that in describing Modric you just described what Carrick does, merely with the added bonus of being able to dribble.

I watched Carrick week in week out. He was great for us.

There isnt any chance on earth that it can be as good as The Dark Knight so dont kid yourself into thinking that. Everyone will be compairing it to that and it really shouldnt. What is right to say about it is, you will never see a stronger end to a trilogy and you will never look back at a trilogy and be able to find a one which is so strong all round.

For me he his the greatest striker of my time.

Ronaldo was amazing, his ability in one on ones was amazing. His movement at times was untraceable and pre-injury he was lightning fast. He could of been smashing records if it wasn't for his injuries early on which inevitably meant an early retirement.

He was also another player that was happy to be playing football, someone that loved every minute on the pitch. You could tell from the expression on his face. None of this whiny and moany crap English players say/do all the time in the media and on the pitch.

He (and Henry) are icons to me, I base the way I play heavily on the characteristics and qualities of these two players.

Ronaldo was amazing, his ability in one on ones was amazing. His movement at times was untraceable and pre-injury he was lightning fast. He could of been smashing records if it wasn't for his injuries early on which inevitably meant an early retirement.

He was also another player that was happy to be playing football, someone that loved every minute on the pitch. You could tell from the expression on his face. None of this whiny and moany crap English players say/do all the time in the media and on the pitch.

He (and Henry) are icons to me, I base the way I play heavily on the characteristics and qualities of these two players.

Ronaldo had everything for me. Imo he was the complete striker.

The game that signalled the end of Beckham at Old Trafford - left on the bench for Veron who was returning after a month out.

Was it? I never knew that.

Ronaldo had everything for me. Imo he was the complete striker.

He was poor in the air.

Was it? I never knew that.

Well it's general consensus that Beckham saw that as a huge disrespect and kind of the final straw after been left out of other recent big games against Newcastle and Arsenal.

Poor in the air? Er no, he wasn't a target man for sure but he could certainly head a ball and score with his head.

Ronaldo for me comes second only to Marco van Basten as the best striker I've seen. Ronaldo probably had a bit more to his game but in terms of pure goalscoring instinct, movement, intelligence and finishing ability The Swan of Utrecht had it all. A joy to watch and an absolute shame that his career was curtailed by injury.