Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I'll be buying fm13, my 12 save is going to take ages to get it where I want it. Wrexham in the premier, the best team in Wales , new stadium etc. Ages.

But I have got to try and avoid the hype this time about the new version, I got sucked into buying 12 and lost a very promising Coventry city save on 11.

I will be buying FM13 and I can garuntee that I wont be making a team thread in here I dont think. I think I will be going straight into a journeyman save again :brock:.

I will be buying FM13 and I can garuntee that I wont be making a team thread in here I dont think. I think I will be going straight into a journeyman save again :brock:.

This is gonna be me. Career thread and everything :cool:

NF in bored shocker. When he's older he'll be one of those old blokes whos always changing his hobbies and trying something new but never keeping them up :D

This is gonna be me. Career thread and everything :cool:

Would have thought it'd be the same for me aswell.

I was going to attempt a career save. However, I can see me starting as Forest again depending on how we look. Even considering doing the thread. Or I may start as another team. Pompey strike me as a decent save. Maybe Fleetwood Town as well with all the signings they've made.

I just wish FM would go back to FM10 and be simple again :(.

I plan on creating a World Champions League and taking a Mongolian team to be the biggest side in the world, if that's possible. I'll also be doing a journey one and try to win every continents Champions Leagues as it looks like I won't achieve that on this one.

I don't really have any hobbies. Don't think I ever will though tbh.

Just had someone telling me I can't pass judgement on the Batman films. Just told him I wasn't passing judgement. Considering that I said that they wasn't my cuppa tea, it soon shut him up.

Have you ever seen the Batman films?

NF in bored shocker. When he's older he'll be one of those old blokes whos always changing his hobbies and trying something new but never keeping them up :D
I don't really have any hobbies. Don't think I ever will though tbh.

I can see NF doing a bucket list when he nears his final days.

Have you ever seen the Batman films?

How can you not!!!!

I don't think it's about the Batman films as such, more the Superhero genre.

Massive fan of all superhero films, but I just cant get into Superman or Hulk films. Thought the third Spider-Man was poor but would like to see the new one and I thought Wolverine was ****.

Anyone tempted to manage Rangers next season? Should be a challenge! :D

Mentioned a page or two ago that I thought it would be interesting, but I am struggling to see me fitting in a 1 team save.

I like most comic book films because I read comics. Thought that dark knight rises was the best batman film the last one was great until joker got caught Harvey two face was a crap bad guy so having him made the film drag on. Hulk films are okay but his best comics are when he is fighting or teaming with other heroes, that's why I loved the avengers film. Superman films are just awful. The new spiderman was great he does a much better job of being spiderman than Toby Maguire did plus his love interest is not an ugly gimp like kirsten dunst in the other films.

I loved The Avengers film. I thought that was fantastic and I enjoyed The Hulks role, but I couldnt pass comment on the Eric Bana or Edward Norton film!! I really enjoyed both Iron Man films but prefered the first. I loved Thor and thought Captain America was pretty good.

I liked all the X-Men films, except for Wolverine which I mentioned. The two Hellboy films are two of my favourite superhero films. I loved them!!!!

The Fantastic Four films were ****!!!!

Hellboy films are brilliant up there with the best of them I would love to see another one made. I didn't mind the fantastic four films they were more aimed at a younger audience. I think sin city was one of the best and if they can actually get a move on and make some sequels that will be brilliant. I get proper nerd wound up that they can't make a decent punisher film besides the hulk he is my favourite comic character.

Lots of people disliked it but the watchmen is my favourite comic film ever such flawed heroes and some great action.

Oh, forgot to add that I know there is talks of another Hellboy, but the person who either produced it or directed it is working on The Hobbit, of which the first is due out around Christmas. I know he wants to make a third Hellboy after that two parter is done.

I was going to attempt a career save. However, I can see me starting as Forest again depending on how we look. Even considering doing the thread. Or I may start as another team. Pompey strike me as a decent save. Maybe Fleetwood Town as well with all the signings they've made.

I just wish FM would go back to FM10 and be simple again :(.

why dont you play fm10 then?

Monday morning, back to work, errrrgh!!! Got tomorrow and Wednesday off work though, and the mrs is going away with the kids this week-end so I have some free time :brock:.

I guess I'm one of the few people who thought the new Batman was utter *****. I don't think watching it on a late showing on Friday night was the best idea, I'd had way too much to drink & fell asleep about 20mins before the end of the film but wasn't impressed with what I did see.

I feel sick as **** today. Two bbq's in two days, two jars of extra hot jalapenos & loads of lager. My insides hurt lol

lol

Keith Lemon the film will be crap. As much as I think he's hilarious, I'm not sure I could cope with two hours of it.

I started watching Sinbad, the new series on Sky One the other week. Only two episodes in but seems pretty decent so far.

For those of you interested in joining in the Belgian Prediction League, please go here for further details.

I am running it this season and would like to see you all get involved.

A tip if you have young kids.

If its boiling hot, take them to the local indoor play area, which is usually packed full of other peoples screaming snotty kids.

On a hot day you have the whole place to yourself. Glorious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_superhero_films

There is a list there of the superhero films which are due to be made.

Never seen The Watchmen or Punisher. Read things about them, especially Punisher and it put me off.

You should give The Watchmen a go, I'm not sure if we have the same taste in films but I consider it one of my favourite films of all time. The Comedian is one of the best characters that has ever been in a comic book film.

You should give The Watchmen a go, I'm not sure if we have the same taste in films but I consider it one of my favourite films of all time. The Comedian is one of the best characters that has ever been in a comic book film.

I might order it & see what its like then. Dont know any of the characters or anything, but I am generally a big mark for comic book films.

I might order it & see what its like then. Dont know any of the characters or anything, but I am generally a big mark for comic book films.

I hadn't read the comic and didn't know the characters before I watched it for the first time. They are introduced pretty well, it's a dark film with plenty of decent fight scenes. The directors cut is worth watching as it's 25 minutes longer and has a couple of great scenes in that I can't work out why they were cut out in the first place. Like I said I'm not sure if you would like it plenty of people don't but I love it.

Do you read comics or just watch the films?

Do you read comics or just watch the films?

I dont read them that much now, but I have a few copies of Spider-Man and quite a lot of Batman comics. I started collecting the Batman ones when I was a kid but kind of stopped a bit when I got a little older and never got back into buying them.

Did you see the bit after the credits on The Avengers film?

Yeah I think it was Thanos. Pretty much gives away who the main antagonist in The Avengers 2 will be :D.

Thanos is a complete beast, I'm thinking he will beat the crap out of the Hulk or Thor at the start of the film to show how tough he is. I cannot see how they can beat him unless Thor uses Odin force but I don't want to get too nerdy.

Meh. You can never be to nerdy when it comes to comic books :brock:.

I think it will be a nice twist to have in making him Loki's accomplice if you will. He is an unstoppable force so to see him Hulk and/or Thor go against each other will be very good indeed.

Meh. You can never be to nerdy when it comes to comic books :brock:.

I think it will be a nice twist to have in making him Loki's accomplice if you will. He is an unstoppable force so to see him Hulk and/or Thor go against each other will be very good indeed.

I'd like to see it as Loki giving Thanos a way to get to earth but then have Thanos turn on him. Thanos worships and serves death so I see him as more of a loner but I guess that depends how much they stick to the comic version of him. It should be interesting to see how it all plays out. Ironman saved the day in the first film so I'm thinking with Captain America taking charge that it's Thor's turn to do the what ever it is that saves the planet this time round.

I heard they are making a Guardians of the Galaxy film, I am surprised that Thanos was not saved for that film as in the comics he doesn't really face the Avengers much.

Yeah they are making a Guardians of the Galaxy film. Due out in either 2013 or 2014 I think.

That should be good but also a bit strange, I've just been reading some comics about Thanos and the Guardians.

Purefun or Ty

Would either of you mind if I created a thread in the GPTG about a fantasy league? Its the same league I done last year, but I want to try and get more people involved this year.

Purefun or Ty

Would either of you mind if I created a thread in the GPTG about a fantasy league? Its the same league I done last year, but I want to try and get more people involved this year.

Link me to last years.

If it didn't hurt last year, can't see why it would this year.

Link me to last years.

If it didn't hurt last year, can't see why it would this year.

I didnt actually make a thread for last year. I just created the league on fantasy.premierleague and then posted the info in here. Kind of wanted to do a thread. Whether you leave it as a general thread of possibly make it a stickie ;).

Just would be nice to get a lot more people involved I think.

Oh that sort of fantasy league, I am not convinced we need one. We have an off topic thread, which is all we really need in this section.

This section of the forum is meant to be for guides etc to help people out. Not to be clogged by off topic stuff, there are plenty of fantasy leagues in football forum isn't there?

Right fella's. Like last season, I have once again created a couple of leagues on fantasy.premierleague.com. As always, go onto the website, create your team and these are the two following leagues you can enter:

FM GPTG Head to Head:- 200057-60478

FM GPTG:- 200057-60472