Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a look at edgars posts from last Saturday, and you might get your answer.

Yeah I saw that.

Ohh and looking at last night seems things are no better. So on that note cya :D

Have a look at edgars posts from last Saturday, and you might get your answer.

Hmmm.

Why do you guys always do this sort of crap when I'm away!! :( Not happy about this.

Yeah I saw that.

Ohh and looking at last night seems things are no better. So on that note cya :D

Stay man.

Somebody should wash your mouth out with soap.

I don't call mu mum a tit. I have had my mouth washed out with soap before. Back in 1990 something. I think it was 98/99. For calling one of my good mates a (Official title if parents aren't married). I still talk to him now and visit him and his family whenever I can. Probably going to look at going down in September when I'm off and go out on the **** down there.

Have Nottingham Forest started splashing out with their new owners yet?

arabmoney.gif

£1.5m ish on 2 players. One being Adlene Guedioura who has returned permanently. The other being Danny Collins for about £500k from Stoke. Both good pieces of business on paper. They've said that they want to expand The City Ground or build a new stadium near the Train Station with another Trent End. But they want to try with The City Ground first.

I'm rather sceptical about new foreign owners. However, at the moment, it seems like they're doing everything right. Fawaz is on Twitter. It's his official Twitter account and he's been announcing our deals before anyone else. He's also been telling fans there will be more. SOD has said in his press conference afaik that we was in talks with 5 defenders. Although I don't know whether that was including Danny Collins or not. We're also supposedly in talks with Greg Halford, George Friend and there are rumours that we may be signing Fitz Hall. Or are after him.

They have also said that they want to build the new stadium closer to the City Centre or near the Train Station rather than at Gamston or Clifton.

There is mega money to be had in the premier league from next season. 61 million pounds is what the lowest placed team will get. That's more than what man city got last season for winning the title.

Maybe championship clubs are being purchased with the hope of getting a quick return on the investment with promotion .

I'm not sure if that's what the forest lot are doing, surely they have enough already. But you may see a few more clubs in that league get bought up over the next year or so.

I do know that the Pozzo family were obviously attracted to English football, because of the possible financial rewards. Looked at Charlton Athletic first, then ended up taking over at Watford.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see more English clubs getting snapped up. New owners can invest what might previously have seemed a large amount of money for a lot of Championship clubs. Pales in comparison to the returns they would make taking a club to the Premier League though.

My point exactly. At the moment say a 20 million pound investment on players for a championship club, spent properly, would that guarantee you a promotion?

If has to be done right. I think Leicester city tried it last season, flopped big time.

Spending money though gechal doesn't always guarantee success though. I've heard a number of rumours about our owners and that they have set aside £50m to get us to the Prem. I've heard that this season we've got £20m to spend if need be. But I've also heard it'll be about £5-£6m. The fact is, there are so many decent free agents out there or experience Prem players going for good fees that you don't have to spend alot. As I said last night, we've picked up Danny Collins for about £500k and Adlene Guedioura for about £1m. Both good signings. We're in talks with Halford supposedly. So with Portsmouth's current financial situation, I can't imagine that being anymore than £1m. I hope we don't pay that though. I've heard rumours of Fitz Hall, who hasn't actually signed a contract with Watford I don't think. I've heard Buszaky as well. We was also interested in George Elokobi. But he's turned round and said he'd like to fight for his place at Wolves. I recko he'd have only cost us £500k. Then there is Scott Wootton and Danny Higginbotham who we may could look to sign. Then there is James Coppinger and Geroge Friend. I'd expect them to cost us no more than £4m.

It has got to be done right. We need to be building a squad that can, firstly, keep us up, secondly get us a stable league position and finally get us up and keep us there. So going for Prem players who won't get game time is what we need to do. Jenas has said he doesn't want to drop down. So, that's him out of the picture. I don't want us doing what Leicester did and chuck £50k at him just make him think. Leicester have gone and offered loads to average players and now they're struggling to offload them.

Friend is having a medical at Boro. So he's probably not coming.

I am just counting the days until I get to see Usain Bolt break another record, I just find it so entertaining watching him run.

It's the only thing that I actually want to watch at the Olympics, turned the football off last night in the first half :D Atmosphere was embarrassing.

I'm not bothered about the Olympics but when there's football on normal tv I'll watch it. The game was pretty crap all in all, the only thing worth getting excited / worked up about was the fact that we got the crap kicked out of us and the ref did nothing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19005670

1:40 on that clip. Nasty as **** and the ref got his card out as if he was going to book Bellamy for diving until he had to get helped off the pitch.

£105m on Euromillions tonight. I have brought myself 5 tickets, I've also got a scratchcard fund as well which did stand at £8 about half hour ago. Now it stands at £4.

Forest have released their squad numbers for the season and there are a few random ones in there. Derbyshire has gone for 27 whilst Miller has gone for 43.

Reading reports that Mamadou Sakho is surplus to requirements at PSG :eek:.

I know they are splashing the cash, but Sakho, wow!!!

Would love to see him in the Premiership, what a unit of a CB. Reminds me of a Samba when you watch him play!

Gunna shove £6 on euromillions.

Robbie Findley has taken the no.9 shirt from Ishmael Miller. Whilst Adlene Guedioura has taken the number 7 shirt after it was left vacant since Paul Anderson left. There have been whole lot of squad number changes. Chris Cohen has gone from 15 to 8(Derbyshire's old number). Guy Moussi has gone from 19 to 6. Brendan Moloney has gone from 27 to 18. If Halford joins he'll probably get 15. Karl Darlow has gone from 38 to 12 as well. I think that's it.

Oh and having read since, it appears that Derbyshire had 27 at Blackburn and Olympiakos and Miller had 43 at Man City. So that's probably why.

All this money on euro millions because it's 105 million. Ooo it's 105 million I best buy some tickets this week.

What is the normal jackpot of 6 million not worth winning?

Had this conversation with people a number of times. It appears that it isn't. I know that me, my mum and my dad usually spend a bit when it comes to it being a really big jackpot and we won't bother when it's on it's first jackpot normally So it appears that most other people have the same logic.