Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality signing for you. Also a real life friend of mine.

You have loads of sports friends don't you? Must be great surely?

I am delighted. Although I'm delighted with all the 11 signings we've made this summer and delighted with the one player who has just left today. Not going to get carried away yet. But if Dex, Cox and Sharp can form a good partnership and get the right supply from our midfield. Then I'd like to think we'd have a good season.

Didn't we nab one of your players on loan today Cleon?

Haven't paid much attention if I am honest, been following actual signings with actual money. Rather than month loans at Pompey :D

You have loads of sports friends don't you? Must be great surely?

I am delighted. Although I'm delighted with all the 11 signings we've made this summer and delighted with the one player who has just left today. Not going to get carried away yet. But if Dex, Cox and Sharp can form a good partnership and get the right supply from our midfield. Then I'd like to think we'd have a good season.

A fair few, but mainly boxers with me. But coming from Sheffield you kinda get to know all the footballers because we go to same types of functions and they come watch our fights. Billy though I knew from before he became a player for Sheff Utd, I met him through my brother who used to knock about with him.

Why must it be great though? You don't view them as famous people or owt, you just class them as mates, one of the lads. As Tom will tell you with the few he knows.

Didn't we nab one of your players on loan today Cleon?

Haven't paid much attention if I am honest, been following actual signings with actual money. Rather than month loans at Pompey
:D

No?

I suppose so. But for me, I don't know many sports stars. With us signing Coppinger and Sharp, SOD now has some selection dilemmas. Our midfield is the one I'm most delighted about. If we continue lining up how we have been. Then the current players we have are:

Anchor Man: Simon Gillett, Jonathan Greening and Guy Moussi.

Attacking Mids: Lewis McGugan, Henri Lansbury, Adlene Guedioura, Chris Cohen, Andy Reid, Radi Majewski, James Coppinger.

Our defence doesn't have the best depth but our strikeforce is probably one of the best in the division imo.

Jonathan Greening is an anchor man now? Been a long time since I've seen him play.

Well he's played central midfield for us for the past season and that's where he played for both West Brom and Fulham iirc. He'll sit infront of the back four and look to recycle possession and break up play. He hasn't got the legs to do anything really. He'll probably only be back up considering how well Gillett has played so far.

Why didn't you get Jenas ffs?

I really thought yesterday was the day. But no, he is STILL with us.

How long is that mans contract?

Apparently he didn't want to drop down to Championship level. Understandable really. He was supposed to be up at Sunderland yesterday at some stage to talk of a move but didn't wan to leave Spurs. With VDV going, I could see him being more of a back up for you this season. Who knows, if AVB says that he isn't in his plans in a few days time, he could well go out on loan to a Football League side.

His contract runs out at the end of the season doesn't it? Not sure though.

The Liverpool thread is ridiculous. I am slightly unhappy that we didnt bring anyone in yesterday, but I understand why the owners didnt want to part with money based off our recent record in the transfer market. Everyone whinges that they want us to get rid of Charlie Adam & Jay Spearing with some doing the same over Andy Carroll, we get rid of them and they still complain!!!! Some people are just never satisfied.

The Liverpool thread is ridiculous. I am slightly unhappy that we didnt bring anyone in yesterday, but I understand why the owners didnt want to part with money based off our recent record in the transfer market. Everyone whinges that they want us to get rid of Charlie Adam & Jay Spearing with some doing the same over Andy Carroll, we get rid of them and they still complain!!!! Some people are just never satisfied.

The thing is, you still have a strong enough squad don't you? If there is any sort of weakness, it'll be the midfield where you lack a bit of depth imo. Admittedly, I'm trying to guess who you have that can play in midfield.

The thing is, you still have a strong enough squad don't you? If there is any sort of weakness, it'll be the midfield where you lack a bit of depth imo. Admittedly, I'm trying to guess who you have that can play in midfield.

If anywhere, we are light upfront and we arent helped by the fact that Suarez' finishing is awful. Rodgers was wanting to bring people in, but the owners werent willing to open up the funds to spend and I dont blame them based off who we have bought and for how much in the last few seasons.

That is Kenny's fault then. Just think, admittedly the market has changed a fair bit since. But you could have had some good quality players for the £60m+ that you spent on Carroll, Downing and who else?

Henderson is the other.

Apparently he didn't want to drop down to Championship level. Understandable really. He was supposed to be up at Sunderland yesterday at some stage to talk of a move but didn't wan to leave Spurs. With VDV going, I could see him being more of a back up for you this season. Who knows, if AVB says that he isn't in his plans in a few days time, he could well go out on loan to a Football League side.

His contract runs out at the end of the season doesn't it? Not sure though.

From the reports I heard it was Sunderland who were not as keen as Jenas on the move. That's right though, I forgot there is a loan window that opens in the lower leagues. Fingers crossed.

If he stays, and we have a fully fit squad, he gets nowhere near the first team, save for the Europa or league cup possibly. You would think he would be happy to move and get some games, even at the championship level, which really is more his level.

He has one hell of an agent though, has done nothing but is set for life. But I guess that applies to many footballers in the prem.

I commented in the Liverpool Thread about people whinging that we didn't bring anyone in last night yet hours before the same people were delighted with who we had got rid of. The owners decided not to release the money to bring anyone else in which is somewhat annoying, but not the end of the world. I just pointed out that everyone seems to be focusing on the negatives rather than looking at the work the club has done during the window in a positive light. Apparently that makes me stupid according to a few comments.

Come on you spurs! Loving that rival clubs done nothing yesterday. I love spurs, the last minute deals may be a crazy way of doing things but it ain't half entertaining. We have got lots to look forward to this season, a real refresh of the team.

Great stuff.

From the reports I heard it was Sunderland who were not as keen as Jenas on the move. That's right though, I forgot there is a loan window that opens in the lower leagues. Fingers crossed.

If he stays, and we have a fully fit squad, he gets nowhere near the first team, save for the Europa or league cup possibly. You would think he would be happy to move and get some games, even at the championship level, which really is more his level.

He has one hell of an agent though, has done nothing but is set for life. But I guess that applies to many footballers in the prem.

Why blame the agent. Blame Spurs board for long contracts and big wages for a player who isn't worth it.

The current owners have knobbed up at Liverpool though, SRL, this isn't the fault of the previous owners in the slightest.

For eighteen months the basically gave Dalglish and Comolli a blank cheque book so they could bring in who they wanted, and they massively overspent to get those targets in. On that note, you could ask why bring in Comolli in the first place, his record at Tottenham was hardly anything to write home about?

But it is because of them, (the owners, Dalglish, Comolli, Steven Gerrard's dog), that Liverpool didn't have the funds to bring in as many players as Brendan Rodgers wanted/needed to.

Neville was right, transfer deadline day merely shows up the clubs who are run badly.

We haven't been shown up badly :cool:. To nab Billy Sharp and James Coppinger on season and 6 month loans respectively is the icing on the cake. Hopefully Sharp can fire us to the Prem along with Dex and Cox.

Is Jenas out of contract next season? If so, I'm secretly hoping he's holding out for us to get promoted before he leaves on a free and joins us :).

Why blame the agent. Blame Spurs board for long contracts and big wages for a player who isn't worth it.

Yep the board are to blame no doubt. His contract must have been such a long one 6 years maybe. Not sure if he got a new one at some point. Came to spurs 7 years ago so must have resigned. Madness. It stems froma time when there were quite a few bad ones, Gio dos santos , just left after 30 odd appearances in 5 years, Bentley as well.

It's all good now though. ( hopefully ). New players in, and profit made. Money set aside for January with any luck.

Very pleased to see Fletcher get two goals today, also heard that Swansea bloke Chico tried to give Saha a WWE style big boot to the face.

We're on MOTD first, what the hell is going on?

Fletcher will be great for you imo. He'll score you the goals and he knows how to put a shift in.

Fletcher will be great for you imo. He'll score you the goals and he knows how to put a shift in.

I think he'll get 15-20 goals this season and I'll be very happy with anything over 15. Although we are not top class Sessegnon, McClean, Johnson and Fletcher once they get used to playing together will form a pretty good attacking quartet.