Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Propaganda :thup:

Enjoy that on a Friday night! Use the far end room to get served as it is always less busy (DJ is always crap and has crap dubstep), middle room for a little sing song (bring out the indie kid in me) and the first room for the usual hip hop/pop music.

NBs on a Friday :thdn: ... NBs on a Wednesday :thup:

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, at the end, outside the club these 2 Northampton locals started verabally abusing my female mate for literally no reason at all. I went to calm things and got a punch in the chops. Then invited me to an allyway to "see who's the big man"... So cringy and yet so classy :thup:

I think he'll get 15-20 goals this season and I'll be very happy with anything over 15. Although we are not top class Sessegnon, McClean, Johnson and Fletcher once they get used to playing together will form a pretty good attacking quartet.

Where does Saha fit in? I see he was on the bench today. Considering his place in my fantasy team you see. If he plays regular, I see him scoring. But does he have to be a benchwarmer this season?

I'd love it if after they backed off you said "That's right, no one messes with Gizmo7"

More fitting would be...

"That's what happens when you mess with Gizmo after midnight!"

Why do you want west ham to go down? Carroll will keep them up if he continues to play like he did yesterday.

I dont think they will go down. They will probably finish between 12-15th but I just dont like them to be honest. Just one of them clubs I dont.

I do hope Carroll has a brilliant season for them though.

Liverpool were awful, easy to blame Rodgers but if the owners and "King" Kenny hadn't drastically overpaid for extremely average players there would have been more money to spend. You are right that he has no plan b and saying Carroll doesn't fit his style is stupid, Danny Graham is hardly awesome.

To slag off Rodgers for how the players on the pitch played today is a bit daft. I wouldn't even go down the plan b route when the players on the pitch were that bad. First off we need to look at those and go from there. Gerrard was appauling, Suarez was shocking. I'd have liked to keep hold of Carroll but its the owners who decided not to release the money for Rodgers to bring a replacement in. Rodgers done everything right in the transfer market. If anyone, blame the owners. Rodgers is working with what he has. The fact is you can't blame what we don't have when you should be focussing and blaming what we do have. At least we're only 3 games into the season. Things take time. If we played like we did today after 20 games then we would have problems. To much negativity being thrown around rather than realising that the club has taken massive strides backwards and it will be a slow process for us back to where we were. Anyway, rant over. We were ****!!!

To slag off Rodgers for how the players on the pitch played today is a bit daft. I wouldn't even go down the plan b route when the players on the pitch were that bad.

A bit daft? Why is it? He's trying to make Liverpool play the way Swansea did but you don't have the players to make it work. So yes I can slag him off and its not daft and hes to blame aswell as the **** you have on the pitch.

I wouldn't even go down the plan b route when the players on the pitch were that bad.

So basically what you're saying is if your playing bad just let it be and don't have a back up plan to turn the game around? hahaha

Rodgers picks the starting 11, Rodgers chooses the tactics, Rodgers does the training, Rodgers preps them all the week. He's as much to blame as the team who failed to turn up yet again.

Rodgers is fine when a game is going his way, but for those who have actually followed his career as a manager you can clearly see the pattern that he doesn't know how to turn games around or get his teams involved in games when they are going wrong.

I can't sit here and go on saying we should have done this and that in the transger market when he done everything he could. He let Carroll go on the basis that we would bring someone in and the owners didn't give him the money to do so. That's their fault, not his. He made the mistake in letting Carroll go, but its not his fault that the owners wouldn't give him money for a replacement. Its a slow process for us to be even getting towards challenging at the top of the league and we're not near that level. He is 3 games into his regime and that is way to early to be judging his ability as a manager. I'm not the type of Liverpool fan who is going to sit here and get angry and question Rodgers at this stage already which I know first hand that there are some. He needs time, as does his tactics. I know we aren't at the standard 4-5 years ago so to be expectant of that isn't exactly the right thing to do.

I am not long back from Southampton.......what a great game of football.

The fact of the matter is though that we won't win the league this season if we keep defending like we have been so far this season. Excluding the frankly dreadful penalty, van Persie was class. But we can't keep relying on him to save us.

Oh dear.

I have just played my first game of FM by viewing the whole match. Now , I don't think I will be able to play it any other way. I will still be playing this years version in 10 years because of this.

Welcome to the 'real way' of playing FM :thup:

The fact of the matter is though that we won't win the league this season if we keep defending like we have been so far this season. Excluding the frankly dreadful penalty, van Persie was class. But we can't keep relying on him to save us.

I think this is how you'll play all season. Attack, attack, attack.

It is quite scary that Arsenal have the best defence in the league thus far too!!!

I'd like to think that we've got a bit more about us than that insignificance.

Bleak times are ahead then.

What do you think you could do to be tighter at the back? It would mean sacrificing the fullbacks or adding someone to shield the back 2 wouldn't it?

Michael Owen to rescue Liverpool :D

What do you think you could do to be tighter at the back? It would mean sacrificing the fullbacks or adding someone to shield the back 2 wouldn't it?

Learning how to defend as a unit and using some intelligence would be a start. Both fullbacks raiding forward together isn't that.

Michael Owen to rescue Liverpool :D

Despite everyone whinging about that prospect, and although I would be apprehensive myself, if he came in, stayed fit and banged the goals in you wouldnt find anyone complaining about it at all.

Despite everyone whinging about that prospect, and although I would be apprehensive myself, if he came in, stayed fit and banged the goals in you wouldnt find anyone complaining about it at all.

No doubt he'd score as hes one of the best finishers ever for me and still is. Fitness would be a major issue though.

No doubt he'd score as hes one of the best finishers ever for me and still is. Fitness would be a major issue though.

Fitness is the only issue I would have regarding the whole situation. Some fans dont forgive him for joining Man Utd but meh, that doesnt bother me so much as a lot had changed since he left Liverpool. We need a striker and he would be a very good solution, even if it was until January.

What about drogba? Sky commentators said something about him being released by that Chinese club.

Performance of the weekend has to be arsenal. I thought they were superb. Defended so well, actually dropped deep, and used their front players to attack , instead of all bombing forward mindlessly. I think Steve Bould will be the next manager once the bottle thrower retires.