Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

What about drogba? Sky commentators said something about him being released by that Chinese club.

I doubt he would join any other English club to be honest. Plus, for us, his wage demands would be out of the question.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that the club isn't in any way making steps forward is frightening.

And on that subject of moving forward, why is Gerrard still playing? He will never have the intelligence or humility to play the team orientated passing game that Rodgers wants to implement. Every other time he got the ball yesterday he went for the spectacular Hollywood ball. The difference between him and Joe Allen yesterday was unbelievable.

Gerrard was shocking yesterday. That was beyond doubt the worst game of football I have seen him play for some time. On a side note, Shelvey and Downing were rather impressive when they came on. At least she showed some sort of drive.

Joe Allen is unbelievable to be fair. I knew he was good and I knew he would be a good signing, but his ability to retain possession in the most difficult of situations is unreal. He is by far our best footballer.

The fact that the club isn't in any way making steps forward is frightening.

And on that subject of moving forward, why is Gerrard still playing? He will never have the intelligence or humility to play the team orientated passing game that Rodgers wants to implement. Every other time he got the ball yesterday he went for the spectacular Hollywood ball. The difference between him and Joe Allen yesterday was unbelievable.

Spot on. Exactly what I thought about Gerrard. Trying to force the play all the time, but giving straight back to arsenal every time.

Yeah Sahin needs to build up his fitness. He looked very sluggish and slow yesterday which I would obviously put down to not playing much.

Well he is slow, or rather isn't fast. So that isn't going to change.

I imagine you actually meant he was a bit ponderous in possession, showing rustiness after very little game time in preseason?

Well he is slow, or rather isn't fast. So that isn't going to change.

I imagine you actually meant he was a bit ponderous in possession, showing rustiness after very little game time in preseason?

A mixture of both. I knew he wasnt quick, but I couldnt remember him being that slow to be honest, but in general I did mean his overall rustiness. His passing was generally pretty neat & tidy, but the speed at which he turned and moved the ball about etc was sluggish.

I think Liverpool were very ponderous in the final third , although some of this could be down to the way arsenal defended.

A potential solution - Gerrard should be pushed up into the front 3 on the right hand side. His direct football is not suited to being placed so deep in the team, and where they lacked deciciveness up front they would then have some.

Perfect!

Hulk is terribly over rated. How much did they pay?

£39.5m apparently.

They are yes, hence why we go over there like twice a year. Lucky really as it's alwats sunny there!

I just wish she'd tell me first before going ahead and booking!

That's women for you....or else they know the answer they would get.

Hulk is terribly over rated. How much did they pay?
Agree with this. Would have flopped if he'd came to England. Don't really know a lot about the Russian league but I imagine it'll be similar to the Portuguese league so he'll do well there.

Over paid for him though.

I imagine there that the league is slightly more competitive due to the money which is generally thrown around in the country. They do have 6-7 standout teams which make it look more competitive though, although like you, I dont know a lot about the Russian Premier League :p.

Hi Purefun, have a good holiday?
Purefun you old fart. How was your trip to visiting that dirty hillbilly heath?

It was good, thx.

Are these the friends in Tenerife Tom?

Just seen that Hulk has moved to Zenit :eek:

And Witsel.