Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

I'm not 100% sure tbh. I know he managed our reserves last time iirc. But Rob, the Forest Researcher seems to think that he'll take the under 18s and and Gary Brazil will take the under 21s with Nick Marshall overseeing it all. According to Twitter, we've taken a couple of guys from your academy as well.

Who've you took from the academy I didn't see that. I can't believe he's left just to run your u18's when he was responsible for all here, seems a step down.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Who've you took from the academy I didn't see that. I can't believe he's left just to run your u18's when he was responsible for all here, seems a step down.

According to the conversation I've seen on there. Again, from Rob and a few others. We've taken a few players to train with us supposedly. One is a striker called Jahmal Smith and then we've taken a couple of midfielders and a defender that was told he was too small.

I don't think it is a step down tbh. He was with us for a number of years before he left and he only left as he was sacked by Davies. He ran the reserves last time I think and they went unbeaten in one season I think.

Not confirmed yet though is it? But a load of respected journos seem to think it's fairly certain.

According to the conversation I've seen on there. Again, from Rob and a few others. We've taken a few players to train with us supposedly. One is a striker called Jahmal Smith and then we've taken a couple of midfielders and a defender that was told he was too small.

I don't think it is a step down tbh. He was with us for a number of years before he left and he only left as he was sacked by Davies. He ran the reserves last time I think and they went unbeaten in one season I think.

Not confirmed yet though is it? But a load of respected journos seem to think it's fairly certain.

To go from one of best academies in the country to just a u18's coach? That is a step down as you don't have a state of the art academy yet. I think the job must be much more than that.

Jahmal Smith is **** :D

As for the defender who was told he was too small, that is bollocks because Pemberton decided who stays and goes :lol:

He'll be apart of a strong academy with us. I know we don't have probably everything you have yet. But, Doughty did build a new youth facilities bit on the training site a year or 2 ago. I'm hoping we go and try and get Paul Hart back. That would be awesome. I think we have Steve Chettle coaching our under 16s as well.

He'll be apart of a strong academy with us. I know we don't have probably everything you have yet. But, Doughty did build a new youth facilities bit on the training site a year or 2 ago. I'm hoping we go and try and get Paul Hart back. That would be awesome. I think we have Steve Chettle coaching our under 16s as well.

I've just read on a Sheff Utd site he'll be head of all development at Forest. I knew the job had to be much more than u18's position. And that your rich owners have made him an offer he can't resist in terms of wages.

Btw he was caretaker manager for you :D

Did you watch it?

Did you get the PM btw?

Yeah I watched it. It wasnt the most exciting race, but I was chuffed that Alonso pulled himself to second. Got your PM too!! Will send you a text in a bizzle :thup:

Tactics never stop working btw :D

Oh, well it became less effective. Or I became less effective.

I have tried telling him already that when you're in the lower leagues you tend to go through a mixed patch of form but he wouldnt listen.

Yeah, now I believe you. We went through some great patches and not so great. Have 3 great youngsters in my first 11 now :cool:. Also have 2 others in the first team squad as well.

Indeed I am Cleon. Despite being relegated in the first season. We also won the JPT. Second season we finished 4th and lost in the semi-final play-off. I also got to the 3rd round of the FA Trophy using my 2nd string and then got to the 4th Round of the FA Cup before losing to Sheffield United. I felt we could have beat them but the game fell right in our bad patch.

Oh, I'm loving it as well.

Mums ringtone is a crying baby, really loud crying realistic baby.

She left her phone here while she has gone to get something for dinner... never have I been so freaked out before!

I ran downstairs like there was a fire!

Mums ringtone is a crying baby, really loud crying realistic baby.

She left her phone here while she has gone to get something for dinner... never have I been so freaked out before!

I ran downstairs like there was a fire!

You have a fetish for crying babies serious.

Raheem Sterling is in the England squad :cool:

be nice exposure for him

I'm more delighted for Adam Lallana. He is proof that you can still get where you want in football whilst being loyal.

He could have left Southampton so many times before the Swiss people took over and saved the club from oblivion, and even then he could have left when they were in League One. Yet he stayed loyal to the club he has been at since he was 12 and got through League One and the Championship with them, and now he's in Premiership playing for "his" club and getting drafted into the England squad.

Thrilled for him.

I'm more delighted for Adam Lallana. He is proof that you can still get where you want in football whilst being loyal.

He could have left Southampton so many times before the Swiss people took over and saved the club from oblivion, and even then he could have left when they were in League One. Yet he stayed loyal to the club he has been at since he was 12 and got through League One and the Championship with them, and now he's in Premiership playing for "his" club and getting drafted into the England squad.

Thrilled for him.

Me too, really glad Roy is giving people a chance and allowing people to get experience of been in the squad.

I still think Lambert can do a job for England too and is the type of striker we lack. His lack of pace might be seen as a flaw but he makes up with that with off the ball and anticipation. Give him chances and he'll take them, he's what I class as a proper type of striker.

Gary Neville was talking highly of Lallana during the Southampton Man United match, he kept saying that he must be in with a chance of playing for England and now he's been called up.

Also very annoying that the journalists on Sky kept saying that when Rooney is fit Cleverly will be dropped or moved deeper. I know it's probably true but Rooney doesn't do anything useful for England if Cleverly is playing well I'd like to see him stay in the position he is currently in.

Sorry, that wasn't aimed as you per say, just a general thing as there is bound to be some fool come in and say "he's better playing off the front man".

It's okay, you are right in that people think he is better playing off a front man. I think Cleon is right Rooney drops too deep too often, if he was selfish and stayed high up the pitch he has the skill and the finishing ability to score plenty. Was it season before last he scored a bunch of headed goals?

It's okay, you are right in that people think he is better playing off a front man. I think Cleon is right Rooney drops too deep too often, if he was selfish and stayed high up the pitch he has the skill and the finishing ability to score plenty. Was it season before last he scored a bunch of headed goals?

It's bloody frustrating at times. He is so good up top, but he is so desperate to have the ball that yes, he drops massively deep all the time. It's like when you're a kid and there's one lad always wanting the ball because he's better than everyone else.

And it was 2009/10 when he scored loads of headed goals. Finished with 35 in 44 that season, his second best after last term when he got 35 in 44.

A few of my Man United supporting work mates want Rooney sold, I'm guessing you don't agree with that?

He's 26, (well 27 next month), and had his best goalscoring season ever last term, and scored 14 in his last 14 games of the season. Selling him would be nonense.