Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

He did a decent job at Blackburn kicking the **** out of his opponents, mainly Chelsea. He did a good job at Fulham and I was surprised to see him leave.

Left as he wanted a new deal of some sort didn't he?

Fulham finished 8th under him, their second highest Premier League finish.

I just don't want him. Did a cack job at QPR. Which is how he will be remembered.

He left Fulham as he didn't feel he was being provided with funds needed to revamp the squad and take the club forward.

To describe the job he did at Blackburn as "ok" is completely ridiculous. He lead them to two FA Cup semi finals and a sixth and seventh placed finish. He did an excellent job their.

Has everyone but me forgot how good a job Hughes did at Blackburn and the very good year he had at Fulham in 2010/11?

But he's an arse and throws his toys out of the pram and over pays for players. You're only as good as your last job, history means nothing.

He did do great at Blackburn though to be fair.

Can mods delete the number of posts?

Only by deleting actual posts.

Was that your doing Cleon?

Yeah I asked for it changing :applause:

Don't think so. But Neil can change it. Not allowed to brag about your posts either.

Anyone who brags get it reset or so many deleted etc.

He left Fulham as he didn't feel he was being provided with funds needed to revamp the squad and take the club forward.

To describe the job he did at Blackburn as "ok" is completely ridiculous. He lead them to two FA Cup semi finals and a sixth and seventh placed finish. He did an excellent job their.

Tom slipping up in his old age.

Tom of last year would of never made that mistake :(

I have found another use for this tablet. Yeyyyyy!

To turn the TV over etc? You can set them up to turn the PS/XBOX on and off etc. Was doing it other week to my bro while he was playing, he was getting pissed with me :D

To turn the TV over etc? You can set them up to turn the PS/XBOX on and off etc. Was doing it other week to my bro while he was playing, he was getting pissed with me :D

i must look into this in case my mrs wants to watch another episode of keeping up with the kardashians :lol:

tell me about it, i've been through all the seasons by now, spin offs included :D

You started off saying it was your wife and then you said I've :D

Turning FM on for the first time since before Christmas.

Day off today isn't it? Been up to owt?

Day off today isn't it? Been up to owt?

Yeah it is. I have been tidying around a bit today as we are having family over for a party tomorrow so I needed to make the place look at least half decent.

You started off saying it was your wife and then you said I've :D

she watches it, i play FM meanwhile. The sound of their voices is enough to annoy me though. I swear to god if i hear "totally", "bible" or "like" one more time i'm going to have a mental breakdown :D

Hi all. I have beeing lurking here over the last few days but this is my first post, mainly due to me living in Australia and the time differences involved.

I thought i would post as i am really enjoying the thread. Especially Cleons, at least i think it was him, post about the missus buying the more expensive pram due to the colour. Made me laugh.

P.S. forgot to mention i am a Glasgow Rangers fan so let all the bagging commence.

Hi all. I have beeing lurking here over the last few days but this is my first post, mainly due to me living in Australia and the time differences involved.

I thought i would post as i am really enjoying the thread. Especially Cleons, at least i think it was him, post about the missus buying the more expensive pram due to the colour. Made me laugh.

P.S. forgot to mention i am a Glasgow Rangers fan so let all the bagging commence.

You and MCG should get on delightfully well then :D. When he posts.

You and MCG should get on delightfully well then :D. When he posts.

I havent seen any posts from him while i have been lurking. Is he a Celtic Aussie per chance?

Also how does it fell to have an ex Rangers manger as your new manager. i saw earlier that you were reeaaally pleased to get him.

Nope, he's a Scottish Celtic fan. But he's still a Celtic fan :D.

Tha fact that he managed Rangers doesn't bother me. It's the fact that he managed Villa and Brum and pretty much destroyed them. I've seen a few things that he's said on the Forest OS today. So we'll see. One things for certain, if he plays dull football. He'll be gone fairly quickly. It appears that we're going to back him in January though. Apparently Fergie likes him or something so maybe we could see a few fringe players from United join us in this window. That overrated Nick Powell(easy stig, if you see this) would be a nice signing as would Wootton again. Maybe we could raid Brum for Davies and Burke too. Apart from that, keep Hutton, Ayala and Sharp. Flog Derbyshire, Miller, McGoldrick etc etc. There are probably a few more players I'd like but at the moment I can't think of them.

Yeah i am not convinced he will be good for a team like Nottingham Forest. he done ok with Rangers but mainly because my gran could manage Celtic/Rangers well. Well back when we both had money at least. I haven't really been able to follow the championship teams over here but from what i saw previously i take it you have been taken over by an Arab with a few bob?

I think Mcleish has a bit of the Walter Smith about him. He will sign players if given money but its a 50/50 prospect wether they will turn out good/crap. Hopefully you get more good than crap ones and so well.

We've been taken over by a Kuwaiti family. The three chairman/directors consist of Fawaz, Omar and Abudalaziz Al-Hasawi. So far I haven't seen any reports of what their wealth is. But, they've invested £1m on electronic advertising boards and 2 TV screens. Plus about £7/8m on new players ish. It could be closer to 6 tbh. They're also willing to back the new manager in Jan supposedly. So we'll see what happens.

Some Forest fans are likening it to when we appointed Bassett and Davies. Neither were here for the long-term and the aim is to get us out of the division as soon as possible. The problem is, we was meant to have a 3-5 year plan. But that went out the window about a month ago. Not sure why. Maybe Fawaz has seen that the Championship this season doesn't really have a standout side and has decided that we can go up this season and he wants to go up this season so is willing to back the manager. The problem is, the way our old manager was treated. Is appalling because he never stood a chance if a few tweets I've seen suggested that we wanted McLeish in the summer after he was sacked by Villa. But he wanted a break. So to me, that suggests that either way. Our old manager was just keeping the seat warm.

Indeed it was me. Silly women eh?!! :D

Welcome to the thread.

Nope, he's a Scottish Celtic fan. But he's still a Celtic fan :D.

Tha fact that he managed Rangers doesn't bother me. It's the fact that he managed Villa and Brum and pretty much destroyed them. I've seen a few things that he's said on the Forest OS today. So we'll see. One things for certain, if he plays dull football. He'll be gone fairly quickly. It appears that we're going to back him in January though. Apparently Fergie likes him or something so maybe we could see a few fringe players from United join us in this window. That overrated Nick Powell(easy stig, if you see this) would be a nice signing as would Wootton again. Maybe we could raid Brum for Davies and Burke too. Apart from that, keep Hutton, Ayala and Sharp. Flog Derbyshire, Miller, McGoldrick etc etc. There are probably a few more players I'd like but at the moment I can't think of them.

He nearly destroyed Birmingham? wtf are you talking about :D

They were already down morealess before he took over in January. He got them promoted first attempt season after. Then finished 9th his first season in the Prem the highest finish in the top league for more than 50 years for Birmingham.

Season after he won the League Cup. Admittedly he did get them relegated that season but that was more to do with off the field events and take overs. They didn't back him to make new signings and strengthen from the previous year, because they had no money and he'd over achieved. Plus no board wants to spend when they are trying to sell. He was told his job was safe but he decided to leave, he wasn't even sacked.

I fail to see how he destroyed them.....

We've been taken over by a Kuwaiti family. The three chairman/directors consist of Fawaz, Omar and Abudalaziz Al-Hasawi. So far I haven't seen any reports of what their wealth is. But, they've invested £1m on electronic advertising boards and 2 TV screens. Plus about £7/8m on new players ish. It could be closer to 6 tbh. They're also willing to back the new manager in Jan supposedly. So we'll see what happens.

Some Forest fans are likening it to when we appointed Bassett and Davies. Neither were here for the long-term and the aim is to get us out of the division as soon as possible. The problem is, we was meant to have a 3-5 year plan. But that went out the window about a month ago. Not sure why. Maybe Fawaz has seen that the Championship this season doesn't really have a standout side and has decided that we can go up this season and he wants to go up this season so is willing to back the manager. The problem is, the way our old manager was treated. Is appalling because he never stood a chance if a few tweets I've seen suggested that we wanted McLeish in the summer after he was sacked by Villa. But he wanted a break. So to me, that suggests that either way. Our old manager was just keeping the seat warm.

Hopefully january will bring in some players to improve the squad and push for promotion. how far off ar Nottingham Forest from the playoffs?

Indeed it was me. Silly women eh?!! :D

Welcome to the thread.

Thankfully my missus doesn't want kids so i don't have to go through that particular ordeal. She still does my head in when she shops though. She does the usual sees something in the first shop she likes then spends the next few hours looking for it cheaper and then buys it from the 1st shop!! I have given up and just go to the pub while she shops now, which is an arragenment that works for us both.

Thankfully my missus doesn't want kids so i don't have to go through that particular ordeal. She still does my head in when she shops though. She does the usual sees something in the first shop she likes then spends the next few hours looking for it cheaper and then buys it from the 1st shop!! I have given up and just go to the pub while she shops now, ehich is an arragenment that works for us both.

She wouldn't be a normal woman if she did things any different.

She wouldn't be a normal woman if she did things any different.

thats for sure. I will finish off my current glass of wine and then sneak into bed, it's 1:30am in the morning here mind. If i dont i will no doubt wake her up and get pelted with the usual "i cant believe you are still playing that stupid game" comments.