Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Been through my thoughts regarding a loan for Nick Powell before; for this season it is best he stays with us and learns in-club. After all, not all learning is done on field. Next term will be the time for a loan, and the after that he'll come back ready to play a much bigger role in the squad.

Look at Evans and Welbeck as two prime examples in recent years.

I actually agree with how you develop players. I do same on FM :D

Reckon he could get a short term 1 month deal though for someone like Swansea/Wigan if he was going to play?

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Been through my thoughts regarding a loan for Nick Powell before; for this season it is best he stays with us and learns in-club. After all, not all learning is done on field. Next term will be the time for a loan, and the after that he'll come back ready to play a much bigger role in the squad.

Look at Evans and Welbeck as two prime examples in recent years.

He'd be good enough to loan to a newly promoted side next season if he was going to play. Had Welbeck been on loan anywhere before we had him?

He'd be good enough to loan to a newly promoted side next season if he was going to play. Had Welbeck been on loan anywhere before we had him?

Just a couple of months at Preston which was cut short by injury.

Cle, Premier League clubs can't do one month loans.

Hope everyone (except for SRL) had a fab xmas!! :)

Tuttut.

she watches it, i play FM meanwhile. The sound of their voices is enough to annoy me though. I swear to god if i hear "totally", "bible" or "like" one more time i'm going to have a mental breakdown :D

Hey flemish one.

Hi all. I have beeing lurking here over the last few days but this is my first post, mainly due to me living in Australia and the time differences involved.

I thought i would post as i am really enjoying the thread. Especially Cleons, at least i think it was him, post about the missus buying the more expensive pram due to the colour. Made me laugh.

P.S. forgot to mention i am a Glasgow Rangers fan so let all the bagging commence.

Welcome.

Don't worry i hate the stuff as well. It may be down to me trying to down a whole bottle of my dads single malt when i was 12 mind you.

And in response to SRL88s comment on his proper fancy mine would be Drew Barrymore/Sandra Bullock. Not sure why but those lasses have always done it for me.

I look forward to Purefuns fancy thing reveal. Although from what i have seen of his previous posts as long as she has a pulse he will be happy. :D

Edit: I have finished my glass of wine and decided that one more beer can't hurt. this is at 2am mind you. If the missus comes out i am in for a hiding. :(

A pulse is not necessary.

Purefun would take it off a horse probably.

A pony.

are you guys playing that badly right now? not a lot of goal scoring mind, but still topping the league

We aren't playing to bad actually. We have the best defence in the league though so don't need to score that many. We've started to score though but Miller got injured in last game and is out for season now :(

having a bad morning?

mine is better then expected after consuming that bottle of wine I got for Christmas yesterday

My day started off with a hangover and a distinct lack of sleep due to my 3am boozing. However a Chinese lunch with the missus and a few more wines and everything is looking rosy again.

Well my youngest decided that 5.45 was enough.

That’s what I like about being an uncle. I get all the good stuff and then can hand over the nephew when he starts getting out of control.

I only just recently introduced him to chocolate. Needless to say he was very impressed with it but the parents were not. :D

Just got up myself. Tired as well :(. Forest's game at home to Crystal Palace is looking likely to be off. There was a pitch inspection this morning at 9:30 and there will be another at 12pm. Considering it's now ******* it down, the Trent is fairly high and our ground looked the worst I've seen it on Wednesday. It's fair to say that it probably won't be on.

Good luck to all your respective teams lads. I am fairly confident the Gers can overcome QPR (the Scottish variety that is) and open up an even bigger lead hopefully.

Currently watching Sunderland VS Spurs and really want Spurs to win. I don't know if it due to my like of AVB or the fact Martin O’Neil managed Celtic that my preferences have fallen the way they have. Either way should be a good game.

On a side note to Notts Forest. I found McLeish's 1st interview in charge of Forest interesting. "If it aint broke don't fix it" was his comment I believe, which I believe was exactly yours and many other fans viewpoint before SOD was sacked. I also liked his skirting around the issue of playing long ball football. This quote in particular made me laugh " I think they may be confusing negative with organized, and I’m not making any apologies for that". Welcome to the long ball game Nottingham Forest. :D

the Stoke vs Southampton game was pretty good

oh and Leksand are beating Mora 3-0 with 5min to go of the 3rd period, Hurtabise, Bibic and Svedberg with the goals, shame I dont have viasat hockey to watch the game on tv but oh well

We drew. I do love Billy Sharp. Would be gutted if he leaves. Although that goal was nervy, first off a hint of offside. He places it past the keeper only for it to hit the inside of the post and bounce back out. Luckily Sharp followed up his first effort and scored the rebound.

fuzzrab, SRL is right. There is no Notts Forest. We are Nottingham Forest, Forest or Nottm Forest. Notts is used for our rivals. NF is good for here though.

We drew. Deserved more than that tbh. Barring the first 35 minutes in the first half and 4/5 passages where they ran towards our goal. They didn't do much. Murray had 2 chances and scored 2 goals. We had a number of chances and a number of long range efforts which Speroni did well to keep out. McLeish sat in the directors box today. Whether he was in contact with JFH and Rob Kelly, I'm not sure. But what I do know is, we need some defenders that can actually defend. Or, to have some more organisation at the back. We lack pace at the back as well.

Happy with McLeish appointment? Sad about SoD's departure?

I was annoyed at both tbh. I've calmed down a bit but we'll see. If we lose a few games, fans will be on his back really fast. However, we drew today, albeit under his management, but with him not in the dugout. We'll see what he does in the January transfer window. It's clear we need a new left back, 2 new centre backs, another keeper to challenge Camp and another striker to help when Sharp inevitably goes through a rough patch. A couple of wingers would go a miss and making Ayala's, Sharp's and Hutton's loans permanent would be nice as well. If Elliot Ward is going for a small fee, I'd take him as well. Jenas can go back to Spurs, and Hutchinson, well he's with until the end of the season and whilst he's done well when he's played. He hasn't played in over two months and has only just returned to training.

Oh and getting Radi to sign a new deal would be nice. As would getting Reid and Dex to new deals too. Camp can go as he wants too much. I think that's all our players that are out of contract. So is Lewis as well, so I'm reserved on him.

Nah it's ok.

I'm really pleased with our team now and genuinely think we're good enough for promotion. Could do with someone who scores appart from Nugent, but we've now signed Chris Wood so he could be that man. Alex Baptiste could be on his way from Blackpool too to partner Wes at the back. Imagine that back 5 then - Kasper; De Laet, Wes, Baptiste, Konchesky - quality!

A clean sheet! \0/

I was shocked too :D

Theo did well today but then again he was allowed space so thrives when he gets the space. I think a lot of Arsenal fans will hes suited to the role now. It's all good and well doing it against a team who attack you are can't defend and who allow him space. Lets see him do this against the Stokes, WBA and such who don't allow you as much space and defend deep.

Another win for Rangers today, thats us 15 points clear of 2nd place now. To be fair on QPR they were quite unlucky by all accounts and played the last 35 mins with 10.

Watched the Man utd game but looking at the results wish i turned over to the City or Arsenal game.