Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, my other 1,999 posts were useful.

Yeah apparently if you boast about your post count Neil Brock, think it was him anyway, will delete a number of them. One of the Mods, think it was Welshace, bragged about having 10,000 count the other day and was put back down to about 9,500ish.

Really unsure as to whether to go to Blackburn on Tuesday. There are some tickets left, but I'd have to go before half 12 tomorrow and get travel there as well. That's £15 on top of £20 for tickets. The only problem I have with it is, is that it's on NYD and I'll be at my nan and grandads for NYE and will have had a few drinks. I'll have to be up really early on NYD to get to the ground to be picked up by 8. As there are no buses running NYD. So it'll take me about an hour or so to walk and an hour or so to walk back.

Really unsure as to whether to go to Blackburn on Tuesday. There are some tickets left, but I'd have to go before half 12 tomorrow and get travel there as well. That's £15 on top of £20 for tickets. The only problem I have with it is, is that it's on NYD and I'll be at my nan and grandads for NYE and will have had a few drinks. I'll have to be up really early on NYD to get to the ground to be picked up by 8. As there are no buses running NYD. So it'll take me about an hour or so to walk and an hour or so to walk back.

That sounds like a lot of hassle. Especially with the hangover you will most likely have.

Yeah, plus it'll be my first away game as well. If I knew what time I'd get in, then I wouldn't mind. But I don't. I may not get to bed until 1/2 in the morning. I'd then have to be up at 7 ish. Plus, being on a coach for about 3 hours or so there, and god knows how long back, especially if I'm hanging, really doesn't sound appealing. I'll have to see how daft I feel tomorrow morning.

Our scottish Aussie. :cool:

Would love to go there On holiday once.

It's a great place to honest. I can't really see myself moving back over to the Uk anytime soon. The only thing that i cant really cope with is when it is the height of summer and the temp reaches 35+

I'm sure I could put up with that.

You would think so. Unless you have a air conditioning though it is a real killer. especially when the humidity is about 80-100%. It's the only time i look forward to going to work as it is air conditioned.

I've been to Australia :cool:. Actually have/had a visa to go and live over there. Well when I say I did. I mean my dad, but as I was still a child, I was on it. Not sure whether I could still go over now though. We've activated the visas so I suppose I could.

The flight was too long over there :(. When we out round Melbourne on one of the first days. I looked up at the sun to sneeze and I was swaying :D.

Yeah the flights a killer. We usually have stopover for a day or two in Asia on the way there and back when we visit the UK.

We went over 3 and a half years ago now. My dad drove from Nottingham to Manchester the night before and we stayed at the Hilton iirc. The cars was parked someone for about 9 days. We flew at 10 in the morning from Manchester airport to Abu Dhabi iirc. That took 8 hours and then we had a 3 hour stop off. We then flew from there to Melbourne. My dad had organised a car. But that turned out to be an automatic, so we tried to find the hotel and ending up driving for over 2 hours and ending up going too far out. We found a Maccy Ds and asked in there and they told us to go back. We found the place we stayed at and it was like a Premier Inn. There was a shooting the day before or after at the Maccy Ds that we went to as well. I suffered from jetlag massively, as did my brother. My brother more so. A few days in to the holiday, the Ashes in England was on at the time and I decided to stay up and watch it. My brother, suffering from jet lag had already been a sleep most of the day. So naturally, as you do, he'd already got up, had a shower, got dressed and was eating his breakfast at 2 in the morning. On my response of asking what he was doing. He replied, getting up. I told him to get back to sleep and he said no. I told him that I wanted to sleep as I'd only had 2 hours. He said, well that's enough. I have to say, I wasn't impressed.

Yeah i hate the jetlag. I am usually not too bad with it but the wife gets it terribly. As a result i then suffer as when she wakes up i have to get up to keep her company. Luckily it only usually last a few days for her.

I remeber when i 1st flew out we flew in to Brisbane to meet her family. After about 2 days in Brisbane we then had to fly to Perth, a 6 hour flight, and then drive 3-4 hours to Albany for her cousins wedding. On my second day in Albany i was soo jetlagged i literally fell asleep/passed out in the pub at about 10am. I think i slept for 24hrs straight.

Hahaha, I suppose it's a good way to not have to talk to them :D.

On our way back from Oz. We did the same route again. The flight from Abu Dhabi first time round was about 14/15 hours. On the way back though, we did it in about 10/11 hours. So our flight got brought forward iirc and were back at Manchester earlier than expected. At Abu Dhabi, as we were having something to eat. I told my dad I wasn't tired. He said give it another 10 hours and when we get back to England you will be. Didn't sleep on the plane back I don't think. But as soon as we go to England, and was on the way back to Nottingham, I was asleep and only woke for a toilet break. Got back home and had a KFC iirc. Ate that and decided to got on my PS3, turned it on at about 6 ish and fell asleep. Was awoken at half 8 to turn it off and go to bed. Didn't wake until half 10 the next morning.

Who is going out tonight?
I will probably end up geting drunk along with a few buddys at some point later tonight, if this involves going out to the pub or something like that I dont know yet since we dont have any good pubs or nightclubs in town anymore

Christ SRL you sound like a right giggle at times.

Well New Year is the height of pointless. It is an extra reason for people to go out and get hammered, and more hammered than usual and act like tits. Then, the price of drinks tend to be put up, the cost of getting into clubs go up and taxi prices are a joke.

I knew I wasn't alone :D.

Tom only likes it because its another day drinking tbh. Not sure why people get excited because they can have a blow out, aren't they allowed to do this at any other time of the year?

Tom only likes it because its another day drinking tbh. Not sure why people get excited because they can have a blow out, aren't they allowed to do this at any other time of the year?

People just drink more and act like bigger arseholes than usual for no apparent reason. It is an utter stupid day.

Well hello there Tom!!

How are you doing mate?

I'm fine thanks my Flemih friend. And yourself?

Well New Year is the height of pointless. It is an extra reason for people to go out and get hammered, and more hammered than usual and act like tits. Then, the price of drinks tend to be put up, the cost of getting into clubs go up and taxi prices are a joke.

The price of drinks is higher? Never, ever, experienced that myself. Also, my local taxi firm have kept their prices the same over the festive period for the last four years now.

Tom only likes it because its another day drinking tbh.

I certainly don't use New Years Eve as an excuse to drink. To me it's just another night in the pub, except a touch busier than usual.

People just drink more and act like bigger arseholes than usual for no apparent reason. It is an utter stupid day.

Gerneralisations for the win. :thup:

I'm not going out out. Just going to go round to my nan and grandads. May play a few games of cards, few drinks and just chat with family.

Unless of course, someone invites me somewhere. Most of the people I speak to are older than me. So have done the going out bit. Most now spend it with their families. I nearly went down to Portsmouth, or should have been. But my mum has been ill over Christmas and still is ill. So we haven't gone.

to me the only important once to celebrate in some manner is midsummer and new year

halloween or thanksgiving and other recently imported holidays are much larger excuse to get drunk, if you are going to put it that way

Does anyone know how to get West Ham tickets? I just tried buying them online (said I could from January 1st) and it says my allocation has been exhausted .. They don't have an International number to call, and they haven't replied to my emails over the last few weeks. Any ideas guys?

Does anyone know how to get West Ham tickets? I just tried buying them online (said I could from January 1st) and it says my allocation has been exhausted .. They don't have an International number to call, and they haven't replied to my emails over the last few weeks. Any ideas guys?

Can't you use the ticket office number? 0871 222 2700 that should work from abroad with the uk dialing code +44

Can't you use the ticket office number? 0871 222 2700 that should work from abroad with the uk dialing code +44

I tried looking for the UK dial code, it said +0011 which didn't work. Will try +44 now, and you're a legend if it works :brock:

I tried looking for the UK dial code, it said +0011 which didn't work. Will try +44 now, and you're a legend if it works :brock:

Should work with +44 as I've booked tickets while been abroad before.

Should work with +44 as I've booked tickets while been abroad before.

I tried +44 (0) 871 222 2700 and it tells me to remove the (0) from the overseas prefix. I then tried +44 871 222 2700 and it says the number has been disconnected .. :confused:

I tried +44 (0) 871 222 2700 and it tells me to remove the (0) from the overseas prefix. I then tried +44 871 222 2700 and it says the number has been disconnected ..

You also have to add the Oz international dialing out code, so it would be something like this 0011 44 871 222 2700

Hey Cleon, you may ignore me now. I've just checked back on the website, and I am able to buy them. It's strange, because literally 15 minutes ago I couldn't .. thanks so much for your time.

Tickets don't go on sale until 9am in UK normally anyhows :)

Tickets don't go on sale until 9am in UK normally anyhows :)

I've never left Australia before, your ticket rules are strange :)

Just got my grubby paws on two West Ham vs Swansea tickets, that's my New Year resolution done. Thanks for your help.

I've never left Australia before, your ticket rules are strange :)

Just got my grubby paws on two West Ham vs Swansea tickets, that's my New Year resolution done. Thanks for your help.

Shame you didn't choose a different team to go and watch but different strokes and all that :D