Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Oh, and what I will say Tom. You must be lucky where you live. As most places in Nottingham you need a ticket to get in, or to pay to get in.

Well all these ****** towns and cities that you lot live in clearly need the extra income. A thriving city like mine has no such worries.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame you didn't choose a different team to go and watch but different strokes and all that :D

If I can get my hands on any other tickets, I'll go watch them for sure, but West Ham were my priority, I've followed them my whole life :)

Really wouldn't mind seeing some lower league football too, like Leeds, Blackpool or Blackburn ..

Well all these ****** towns and cities that you lot live in clearly need the extra income. A thriving city like mine has no such worries.

That's not true though is it Tom. Taxi firms in the city centre was charing time and half yesterday in Leeds. I had some friends who went to Silks and they charged time and half...

If I can get my hands on any other tickets, I'll go watch them for sure, but West Ham were my priority, I've followed them my whole life :)

Really wouldn't mind seeing some lower league football too, like Leeds, Blackpool or Blackburn ..

Leeds, Blackburn and Blackpool lower league :D

That's not true though is it Tom. Taxi firms in the city centre was charing time and half yesterday in Leeds. I had some friends who went to Silks and they charged time and half...

That happens in Perth all the time, but mostly after midnight and during peak hour events. Coming home from a night out can cost me anywhere between $15-$35 for a ten minute drive .. that's if you can even get a cab.

Leeds, Blackburn and Blackpool lower league :D

I see what I have done there. Probably won't go to anything lower than Championship, possibly League One ..

Expensive, Smallish Ground and Joke Football Club. You should obviously come and watch the mighty Nottingham Forest.

Expensive, Smallish Ground and Joke Football Club. You should obviously come and watch the mighty Nottingham Forest.

Where about is Nottingham? I'm under the impression that I am staying in Northampton .. or Chorlton. I'll watch anyone to be honest.

.. are Nottingham Forest to Notts County as Manchester City is to Manchester United?

*safety wink*

Where about is Nottingham? I'm under the impression that I am staying in Northampton .. or Chorlton. I'll watch anyone to be honest.

.. are Nottingham Forest to Notts County as Manchester City is to Manchester United?

*safety wink*

Northampton is about an hours drive from Nottingham depending on traffic. I shall not be biting.

Northampton is about an hours drive from Nottingham depending on traffic. I shall not be biting.

What about by public transport? I don't have a license, and a certain friend refuses to get a car for me .. might have a look at the fixture list.

*safety wink*

County have the better history.

Lovely lie in :)

What did you end up doing last night, a film?

:D

Not remotely, as it goes. I was home by half one and didn't go out until around eight. Quiet one.

The last few weeks catching back up with you yet? :D

What about by public transport? I don't have a license, and a certain friend refuses to get a car for me .. might have a look at the fixture list.

Trains? Public transport once you get into Nottingham is ok. The train station is on the outskirts of the City Centre and the train station is also a 15/20 minute walk from The City Ground.

If you go in the opposite direction, you'll walk into the City Centre(bout 3 minutes) and if you catch one of the buses that goes down near Trent Bridge, you'll be at The City Ground within no time.

Cleon, 2 European Cups. That is all /typicalForestfan. Yes I am biting.

Trains? Public transport once you get into Nottingham is ok. The train station is on the outskirts of the City Centre and the train station is also a 15/20 minute walk from The City Ground.

If you go in the opposite direction, you'll walk into the City Centre(bout 3 minutes) and if you catch one of the buses that goes down near Trent Bridge, you'll be at The City Ground within no time.

How is the night life? Might stay at a back packers if it's half decent ..

Far too easy...

History means nothing though in all honesty.

How is the night life? Might stay at a back packers if it's half decent ..

Personally, it's not bad. But then it's generally what your cup of tea is. We have the expensive and ok big nightclubs and we also have the small bars/pubs/clubs as well. Taxis run all night and buses for where I live run all through the night just every hour or so. Not sure how often to other places in Nottingham, but I think it's regularly enough.

Gandy, when are you thinking of coming over?

I've already bought my plane tickets. I land in London on January 30th and leave February 25th.

Have to see some family up in Manchester, and some extended family in Belgium .. it's my first time out of the country.

I've already bought my plane tickets. I land in London on January 30th and leave February 25th.

Have to see some family up in Manchester, and some extended family in Belgium .. it's my first time out of the country.

How many football matches did you want to get and see? Just the one? The international break for the top two divisions in England kicks in from the start of Feb for about 2 weeks.

How many football matches did you want to get and see? Just the one? The international break for the top two divisions in England kicks in from the start of Feb for about 2 weeks.

I know, I timed it terribly. They were the only dates I could get off work before the end of the season.

I'll watch as much football as I can, West Ham was my priority though. Wanted to see the Boleyn before (perhaps) we move to the Olympic Stadium.

How are you planning your trip? There'll be a fair few League One and League Two teams playing in your visit if the weather is alright. There are quite a few lower league Manchester sides or teams in that area. So you could probably see a few games there. Depending on when the West Ham game is, there'll be a few lower league teams in London that'll be playing. Leyton Orient would be one of them.

How are you planning your trip? There'll be a fair few League One and League Two teams playing in your visit if the weather is alright. There are quite a few lower league Manchester sides or teams in that area. So you could probably see a few games there. Depending on when the West Ham game is, there'll be a few lower league teams in London that'll be playing. Leyton Orient would be one of them.

I'm basically winging it. The only thing I have set is the West Ham game .. that's February 2nd.

Wouldn't be able to bring myself to watch a Leyton game, I despise Barry Hearn.

Oh ok. I take it you're on a limited budget so backwards and forwards up and down the country wouldn't be good. How are you getting to Belgium may I ask?

Nah, my budget isn't limited (I think anyways, according to Ty, Australian currency is worth as much as Monopoly money).

Pretty sure I'll either fly, or catch a train via France. Not completely sure on that, more or less decided on or around the day.

Nah, my budget isn't limited (I think anyways, according to Ty, Australian currency is worth as much as Monopoly money).

Your chocolate money is useless here :D

I've just got into work. I'm the only one here at the minute and I expect no more than 3 others in for the rest of the week either. Going to be a very slow day :thdn:.

Yep my work was pretty similar with only about 1/2 my department here for the rest of the week. I was soooo bored.