Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, but as you say, I can't think of a better right-back in the Premier League, and would go as far as to say that only Daniel Alves is better worldwide, and he's a right ****.

Alves? You've got to be joking? He's not even a right back!

Strong claim.

Doesn't mean it's wrong.

What is he then? Right-back, wing-back, call it what you will, Barca's system flatters to deceive but Alves without doubt is a right back.

Generally speaking right backs can defend. Alves can't.

I don't tend to usually stray too far from agreeing with Tom's views on football matters but claiming Rafael has been better than Zabaleta or even as effective as Glen Johnson even this season... hmm

Glen Johnson? **** me. :D

Alves is Da Silva in another body. Rafael cannot defend consistently and is occasionally naive, but his athleticism saves face more often than not.

I am sure he will be a brilliant right back / wing back / whatever in two or three years, but he ain't the finished article yet. What happened to Fabio anyway? Fergie always said he was better, and he ends up on loan at QPR?

Sure.. Johnson has been extremely effective either on the left or the right this season...

Ergo, not the bet right back, no?

Alves is Da Silva in another body. Rafael cannot defend consistently and is occasionally naive, but his athleticism saves face more often than not.

I am sure he will be a brilliant right back / wing back / whatever in two or three years, but he ain't the finished article yet. What happened to Fabio anyway? Fergie always said he was better, and he ends up on loan at QPR?

No one has described Rafa as the finished article, or even the best in the Premier League. I just described him as the best this term.

As for Fabio, he's had more injuries than I have hot meals. He was better, and in the long term he might well still be. But right now Rafa is so far ahead of him.

Johnson has had a pretty good season for us and has been very effective. Not the best in the league though. Zabaleta for me has been.

Indeed I agree about Johnson. I'm stunned by him to honest. I don't rate him and I never have done, but he has had a surprisingly good campaign.

I thought Johnson had bulked up too far and "done a Micah Richards", but he is consistent.

Best right sided defender is up for discussion, what about the left?

Evra got a load of undeserved grief early in the season but is on form now. Is it just a straight case of handing the honours to Ashley Cole?

I know it was done last year for the FMCU forum iirc. But would I be able to create a thread for people to give me created players. I want to create, if I can get everyone involved a FMCU team, a CSE team, an OTF team maybe, a GPTG team, an FMS team and an SI & Mods team possibly. I'm just trying to get potential interest from each forum and the go ahead to create a thread in each relevant forum before creating a thread in here and updating it. As of yet I haven't decided of what periods it would be updated.

So yeah permission mods? And would there be interest from the people of GPTG?

Nope, I can't see in his created thread thing that he did it. I know someone did it last year for FMCU. I want to do it for FMCU, GPTG, CSE, FMS, OTF and Si if possible. So SRL, permission to create a thread in this forum and FMCU?

I think I know yes. When someone took over at Boston or something and made all of us on here to be players in the squad? Yes if you want to do that.

Whats people got planned today?

I'm going to watch some football today me thinks. I'm watching the tennis at the minute, but otherwise not much planned.

Ok, that's CSE, FMCU and OTF all ready to go. Just need GPTG and FMS to agree. Not sure whether any of the SI guys will be bothered tbh.

Count me in for whatever experiment you are concoting.

There have been some pretty good results so far fort the lower league teams in the cup. I reckon the main reason is that the lower league teams seem to be working harder than the premier league teams. I am not sure the PL temas are used to that other than when they play Stoke.

Count me in anyway.

Surely you will get enough people from other people to be able to set it up though?

EDIT: Sorry i have had a few beers today. what i meant is that surely you will have enough people from the other areas to set it up though?

Count me in anyway.

Surely you will get enough people from other people to be able to set it up though?

EDIT: Sorry i have had a few beers today. what i meant is that surely you will have enough people from the other areas to set it up though?

Yeah, should be able to. CSE though is where alot of these ideas pop up. So if I don't get much interest from there, then it's a no go. We'll see anyway. There is no timeframe at the moment on how long I'll leave it open for people to give me the information to create them in game.

A member since the 20th of October and you haven't posted yet? You choose this thread and forum to make your first post, which, considering most people post in other places beforehand before posting in here. You've also come in with some confidence considering Tom's acceptance to new people.

So therefore on that basis, I am calling alias.

Apart from that, good afternoon.

A member since the 20th of October and you haven't posted yet? You choose this thread and forum to make your first post, which, considering most people post in other places beforehand before posting in here. You've also come in with some confidence considering Tom's acceptance to new people.

So therefore on that basis, I am calling alias.

Apart from that, good afternoon.

He's welsh partly... you leave him the hell alone dammit