Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Cagliari :D
we had something like an 18 year long streak of failure to win any away games against them (until this year when we won on paperwork), and as far as I recall the home form have not been that good ether against them

My memories of that game are limited to Rooney's sending off. At least there isn't the inevitable ex-player Berbatov goal to face, think he's injured.

Meant to be ruled out through a hamstring strain. Won't be anything like as easy as last weekend - Fulham are a completely different opposition at Craven Cottage. Very much a Chico Hernandez type of game.

Certainly the sort of game where Fergie is liable to mix it up. My Dream Team needs a Van Persie goal or two.

He'll play. The idea will be to make sure we beat Fulham, then we can rest one or two at home to Everton before the trip to Madrid. Of course if we don't beat Fulham, it'll be full strength against the Toffee's before the Real game.

The Madrid games are hard to call. Clearly they are amazing going forward, but just so cynical at the back and with Casillas out, I can see RVP and Rooney causing them some bother. I suspect Fergie will pack midfield at the Bernebau and hope for a result at OT.

What are your thoughts on Kagawa? I don't think he's been played in his preferred position yet, but the deftness of his pass to Rooney against Southampton showed a touch of class.

I'm off to Birmingham today :). Second away game and not that far to go. Derby wasn't that far either. Bristol City next Saturday and then after that I believe we at home before away games at Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday. Would love to go to the Charlton game, as I would the Wednesday game. However, it's a mates birthday on the day of teh Wednesday game so I shall not be going. It's also on TV and 5:20pm kick-off.

The Madrid games are hard to call. Clearly they are amazing going forward, but just so cynical at the back and with Casillas out, I can see RVP and Rooney causing them some bother. I suspect Fergie will pack midfield at the Bernebau and hope for a result at OT.

What are your thoughts on Kagawa? I don't think he's been played in his preferred position yet, but the deftness of his pass to Rooney against Southampton showed a touch of class.

Away from home we'll go with Rooney on the left and either Nani or Valencia, (probably Valencia), on the right. Understandable really.

Kagawa is doing alright. I've had the conversation with Cleon before, and said yeah we're playing him out of position really, so he's not going to spark like he did for Dortmund. But the boy is obviously class, and we've seen flashes of that at Old Trafford, and some things that probably aren't always seen on TV aswell such as his movement and workrate,

Hey All. looking forward to a night of football here. Got 3 bottles of wine in and ready to go, watching the A league Melbourne derby as a warm up.

Also just like to say that i finally had a good look at your Ajax thread Cleon. I have to say that it is brilliant, i have never really bothered with training before, just downloaded Tugs (i thinks thats his name) training. Inspired me to resart my Rangers game as i think they would be good team to implement you theories with.

Obviouly can't watch anny of it. Got it on record, but don't reckon I'll bother catching up with it.

If I record a game I find myself fast-forwarding it more than I actually watch it.

Chris Hughton is wearing a blazer that Alan Partridge would be delighted to call his own.

Samba is a monster. Not great on the ball but the definition of a commanding centre back. Easy to see why Arsenal were linked with him once, I'd pick him ahead of Mertesacker all day long.

The game was a lot more open and entertaining than the score suggest imo. Man Utd could have scored quite a few goals and hit the woodwork a number of times.

I'm hoping for a Pool win today now :cool:

I'm hoping for a Pool win today now :cool:

Wishful thinking. I am hoping we play that Man City side who just don't turn up. Maybe another 2-2 draw.

Van Persie on a goal drought - hasn't scored for two games. :(

He isn't getting me any points for my dream team :(.

Best moment of the weekend is easly seeing John Terry look like a complete knob diving in on the halfway line in the build-up to Newcastle's second goal. Even better was the fact that the cockney moron wasn't even in the picture when Sissoko tapped home. Just brilliant. :D