Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Stonking thread in GD called Have Fullbacks Improved in 2013? Not many posts, but well worth a read. :D

Read it, and I was scratching my head for a lot of it.

same, I did mute the ht show for understandable reasons thought

I was battling to stay awake towards the end I must say, but the Ravens put in an excellent performance.

Are Forest's owners as bad as Venkys at Blackburn? From afar and with little background reading about either, they both sound bobbins so far.

It seems that way. It was all going well ish when Omar was in charge. Omar, Fawaz and some other guy are the three directors. Omar was originally appointed chairman as he was based in England more and knew more about English football. He was then sacked for some reason or another and Fawaz(majority shareholder) became chairman. He went and sacked SoD, and there's a possibility that Omar wanted to keep SoD but Fawaz didn't and he wanted McLeish who was first choice. McLeish actually turned us down in the summer before we approached Mick McCarthy I think. McCarthy turned us down because he didn't think the money was there We did go and spend about £5m in the transfer window though. SoD was appointed and most fans were happy.

There was supposed to be a 3-5 year plan to get us back into the Prem. That then changed in December, either before or after the Watford game. After the Watford game, the players and SoD discussed our tactics and other things and the players told SoD that we needed to stop worrying about the opposition and play to out strengths. Twice we had played 3-5-2 against sides that played this formation and twice we were cack. Then we played Leeds, won and was probably one of the best games under SoD. He was then sacked with AMC appointed. No one really wanted him and it hasn't worked.

It appears that Fawaz doesn't have a clue at the moment and there's definitely more than meets the eye. Either that or he's just nuts.

Loads of fans want Davies back. However, if he came back, then half of our backroom staff would leave, and Pemberton, who we brought back from Sheffield United would probably walk as him and Davies don't get on afaik. Davies also doesn't really like using or developing the youth side of a team. This has been confirmed by a number of Forest and Derby fans.

Personally I think Fawaz either needs to stop interfering as much as he is and appoint and back a manager. Or, appoint Paul Hart, JFH and Rob Kelly and try and get them to look at bringing through some youth players over the next few months before either keeping them on, or appointing another manager who would want the job.

It's a shame to see clubs like these have their hopes and reputations given a battering by periods of ownership like this.

Not sure who's responsible - the previous owners for cashing in, the FA / Premier League / Football League for failing to sufficiently do a "Fit and Proper Person's" check?

It's a shame to see clubs like these have their hopes and reputations given a battering by periods of ownership like this.

Not sure who's responsible - the previous owners for cashing in, the FA / Premier League / Football League for failing to sufficiently do a "Fit and Proper Person's" check?

Previous owner died didn't he?

For Forest, you can't blame the owners. Our owner passed away a year ago yesterday and the Doughty Trust were left with selling the club. They sold the club without asking for any of the money we owed to Doughty. I still believe that Fawaz has the best intentions of the club. But I just think he needs to realise a bit quicker.

Had to come back a bit earlier than planned due to the horrendous snow over in the lakes. I didn't wanna get stuck there with the little one in car, if it was just me and the missus we wouldn't really care. But I try and enforce sensible parenting :D

I see people even post on my behalf now saying I'm busy or got better things to do. I often wonder where they get this info from tbh :confused: :D

He's gone \o/.

I was reading in the papers that apparently it was due to a difference in understanding in the development strategy of the club. I presume this means AMC wanted to spend lots of money and the chairman didn't.

Out of interest would any of the signings they were going to make have made a difference potentially? I dont really get to see any other games than the PL over here so not sure how good the players he was wanting to bring in actually are.

Morning all.

Watching the West Indies vs Australia one day game. I have to say the West Indies dont seem interested in anything other than T20 cricket these days. Luckily for me i have tickets to the international T20 in Brisbane next Wednesday.

G'day. I'm bored this morning.

Look on the bright side. You didn't have to spend 8 hours at work already inputting the same data over and over ad nauseam. Which was pretty much my working day today. Luckily I now have wine and FM13 to get over it.

P.S. watching some nostalgia in a fox sports season review of the PL 98/99 season. Some interesting teams in the PL back then in Blackburn, Charlton, Leicster, Southhampton, Nottingham Forrest, Coventry, Derby & Leeds. How times have changed

Neymar is awesome but he's a bit like Suarez and dives a lot which spoils his overall game imo.

Any good against "rugged" defending? I always worry that a fella who spends his time styling his hair will get a proper rodding when he plays against physical defending. It's either that, or he'll run rings round them.

Any good against "rugged" defending? I always worry that a fella who spends his time styling his hair will get a proper rodding when he plays against physical defending. It's either that, or he'll run rings round them.

Brazilian domestic football is very physical and he does fine. It's a myth that Brazil play flair football, the way domestic football is played is a very simliar style to the English game :)

Brazilian domestic football is very physical and he does fine. It's a myth that Brazil play flair football, the way domestic football is played is a very simliar style to the English game :)
I would not say its very similar, but there's clearly a lot of misconceptions and myths about how football is played in brazil

I'm guilty of misconceptions - I just assume that the best youngsters in Brazil (and elsewhere) generally end up in Europe. By definition, that means that the Brazilian league is packed with youngsters who haven't yet been picked up by European teams, and a mix of young and older players who won't make the grade.

As such, whilst the physicality of Brazilian defending may be high, the quality of it may not, which may make Neymar seem exceptional in his homeland, less so on the international stage. All of this is just idle conjecture from me.

Anyway, England is packed full of immobile and physical defenders, so he should get a chance to impress tonight!

I would not say its very similar, but there's clearly a lot of misconceptions and myths about how football is played in brazil

It's very similar in a lot of regards. I watch more Brazilian league football than English and you can clearly see the comparisons. It's very physical and demanding and lots of tackles flying about.

How often do you watch it if you don't mind me asking?

Hopefully my home nation will smash England :cool:

Hoping for lots of flair.

There is only Neymar who is capable of that really. We've got more flair players in the squd than Brazil has :D

I'm guilty of misconceptions - I just assume that the best youngsters in Brazil (and elsewhere) generally end up in Europe. By definition, that means that the Brazilian league is packed with youngsters who haven't yet been picked up by European teams, and a mix of young and older players who won't make the grade.

As such, whilst the physicality of Brazilian defending may be high, the quality of it may not, which may make Neymar seem exceptional in his homeland, less so on the international stage. All of this is just idle conjecture from me.

Total misconception yeah :D. Lots of players now in the last few seasons have decided to stay in Brazil rather than go to Europe due to the league becoming really competitive and a bit of money kicking around. Clubs are able to hang onto the youths a lot better now and there are quite a number of excellent players playing in Brazil who are older as well.

I thought Ronny was called up? :(

Just remember while it still is Ronny he's not the Ronny you might be familiar with. Still a good player though hence his inclusion but hes a bit hit and miss and it depends which Ronny turns up.

I was reading in the papers that apparently it was due to a difference in understanding in the development strategy of the club. I presume this means AMC wanted to spend lots of money and the chairman didn't.

Out of interest would any of the signings they were going to make have made a difference potentially? I dont really get to see any other games than the PL over here so not sure how good the players he was wanting to bring in actually are.

Erm, I honestly don't know. I can understand why Fawaz didn't want to sign some players and the so Boyd farce is understandable really. They(Peterborough) would have been getting alot of money for an average player. We've signed numerous players this season who have all had injuries or been injured for a large period of time. So, I can understand why Fawaz didn't want to spend large amounts. The other player we were linked to alot is 29 and out of contract in the summer. We offered £500k for him and the club he plays for are in financial difficulty.

If we get Davies, who is now rumoured to be favourite for the job. I do feel for Pemberton as him and Davies don't get along. Ideally there could be some agreement and Davies can get to work on adding one or two loan players and then bringing through some youngsters if we need them.