Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably wasn't healthy. But considering I was already just under 18 stone it seemed good enough. I'd cut out all the **** that I was eating. I was eating and drinking alot of it as well. I was probably drinking maybe 2 pints+ of fizzy pop a day. If I was on an early at work(usually 3, sometimes 4 days a week), I would eat 2 sausage cobs for breakfast. At dinner, I'd usually get sweets or something that wasn't healthy and then for tea, it was a lot better as my mum cooked. If I was on a late, I would just eat **** at work and then eat **** when I got in. The only exercise I was doing was that at work, which whilst it wasn't alot, kept my weight the same for a few years.

I then stopped eating and drinking the crap. If I wanted something sugary that was bad, I'd either eat an apple or drink a cup of tea. I started going to the gym more and start eating more healthily.

Fair enough, and good on you for making the change. Sugary foods are so addictive and the cravings when you suddenly stop can drive people crazy.

The only (unprofessional) advice I would give is if you want to lose weight, work out your BMR (basal metabolic rate), exercise regularly and work to a safe calorie deficit. When you think that you have to burn 3500 calories to lose just a pound of body fat, you must have been eating next to nothing and working out every day of the week.

My BMR is around 1,740 calories per day, my deficit is about 500 calories a day. I eat some brown whole wheat rice and chicken before exercise and a protein shake after. Others will tell you differently, I'm sure, but you need to eat protein, carbs and fats. As long as you're in deficit you're going to lose weight. Cut out all the crap like sugars, refined wheat, alcohol.

I'm sure Cleon can offer better advice, what with his job, but this has worked for me in the past. It's more about changing your lifestyle than just dieting.

You lost over 20lbs in a couple of weeks? That cannot be healthy, surely?

No it isn't at all. You should only be losing 2lbs a week for health reasons.

Take me for example mate, i was 220lbs last year, i drink alot and i mean alot which has contributed massively to my weight gain, I dont have a good diet, i reckon i must eat 3 or so takeaways a week, i got ill and ended up losing 15 pounds, but i got fed up being bloated, having a **** stomach, so i experimented with throwing in some fruit, stayed on the water, eat slightly healthier and exercised, this being key - Im now 197.6 lbs, although the scales at one point gave me 194 lbs reading, and i still drink far too much.

But it just shows you that small changes make the world of difference, if i can cut down on my drinking, bring it back to whats considered a normal level, i`ll be fit again in no time - Btw i do not have a fast metabolism, its really quite slow, fruit, lean meat, water and veg are your friends

Oh God. If it wasn't for alcohol the weight would drop off me. My diet is absolutelty fine, it is just the alcohol.

Realistically how much are we talking here though mate? I (ashamedly) must drink on average, 3 12 packs of beer a week, maybe even 4

Realistically how much are we talking here though mate? I (ashamedly) must drink on average, 3 12 packs of beer a week, maybe even 4

I had two packs of 10 over the week-end plus four I had left on Friday night so that is 24 beers. Not sure what I had through the week but I would have had a couple of four packs. All well & good for someone who has been told to stop drinking :thdn:.

I had two packs of 10 over the week-end plus four I had left on Friday night so that is 24 beers. Not sure what I had through the week but I would have had a couple of four packs. All well & good for someone who has been told to stop drinking :thdn:.

See at least you have kept it till the weekend, because i work shifts, i fit it in whenever i can, 48 beers a week is pretty damn bad, Ive been told to cut it down, but you must know yourself, its a seriously hard thing to do.

Why were you told to cut down?

See at least you have kept it till the weekend, because i work shifts, i fit it in whenever i can, 48 beers a week is pretty damn bad, Ive been told to cut it down, but you must know yourself, its a seriously hard thing to do.

Why were you told to cut down?

Or I can drink heavily through the week, but I am trying to cut that out and just leave it till the week-end. My problem is that if I bought a pack of 10, I would have to drink a pack of 10. I can't just have 3 or 4 out of that pack. That is why it is best for me to get a pack of 4 so I don't go silly.

I was told about 3 1/2 years ago to stop drinking after a holiday in Magaluf. I went for 2 weeks and spent the best part of £2k on alcohol alone. That kind of knackered my stomach up to the point where I did have to stop and now when ever I go on an actual binge I have the same problem.

Or I can drink heavily through the week, but I am trying to cut that out and just leave it till the week-end. My problem is that if I bought a pack of 10, I would have to drink a pack of 10. I can't just have 3 or 4 out of that pack. That is why it is best for me to get a pack of 4 so I don't go silly.

I was told about 3 1/2 years ago to stop drinking after a holiday in Magaluf. I went for 2 weeks and spent the best part of £2k on alcohol alone. That kind of knackered my stomach up to the point where I did have to stop and now when ever I go on an actual binge I have the same problem.

Im exactly the same, whatever i buy i have to drink, I cant just have a certain amount out of it, its an absolute ****er of a demon to beat!

2k??? :eek: I keep a diary of when ive been drinking and when i havent, like if i looked at last year, id have to hazard a guess i drank at least 260 days out of 365, and most of them would be more than a 4 pack of beer

My girlfriend always has a go at me when ever I drink. It feels like she is nagging all the time and it can turn into arguments because it gets on my nerves but I know it is coming from a good place. Her Dad died because of alcohol and it worries her.

I get that, even if your a good natured man, it still feels like theyre getting on at you all the time, because your more emotional at that point. What age was her father?

The pitfall to look out for though mate is if she starts spending more time away from you, then you may have to rethink what`s number 1 in your life.

I get that, even if your a good natured man, it still feels like theyre getting on at you all the time, because your more emotional at that point. What age was her father?

I'm not sure, but he was young. 40ish I think?! I never met him.

Water is your friend jake trust me, throw at least 2ltr of that in a day and some fruit, cut out the fizzy juice and the sweets ( except from treat days ) and your on the road to the best start possible

I was doing that. But stopped and stopped exercising as well.

Fair enough, and good on you for making the change. Sugary foods are so addictive and the cravings when you suddenly stop can drive people crazy.

The only (unprofessional) advice I would give is if you want to lose weight, work out your BMR (basal metabolic rate), exercise regularly and work to a safe calorie deficit. When you think that you have to burn 3500 calories to lose just a pound of body fat, you must have been eating next to nothing and working out every day of the week.

My BMR is around 1,740 calories per day, my deficit is about 500 calories a day. I eat some brown whole wheat rice and chicken before exercise and a protein shake after. Others will tell you differently, I'm sure, but you need to eat protein, carbs and fats. As long as you're in deficit you're going to lose weight. Cut out all the crap like sugars, refined wheat, alcohol.

I'm sure Cleon can offer better advice, what with his job, but this has worked for me in the past. It's more about changing your lifestyle than just dieting.

I don't drink large amounts of alcohol so I'm lucky there. I'd say I drink on average once/twice a month on a Friday or a Saturday. I can never do both and I get bored after a while so stop. Never excessive amounts to get smashed. With the losing weight last summer time, I just cut down my food intake. I was already eating way over the limit of 2500? for a male. So it wasn't too bad. I was drinking enough water and then my food intake was something like;

Breakfast - small bowl of cereal(healthier stuff)/apple and water

Breakfast(before) - Cereal bar and a drink(depended). Sometimes no drink

Mid Morning - slice of toast/piece of fruit or sometimes just a bottle of water.

Mid Morning(before) - 2 greasy sausage cobs, a couple of cans of fizzy pop and a chocolate bar/something sugary.

Dinner - Small portion of whatever was for dinner and 2 bottles of water.

Dinner(before) - Something sugary and a couple of cans of pop.

Tea - Whatever my mum cooked. Usually something healthy. If on a late, usually a bottle of water and maybe some cereal.

Tea(before) - Same as above. If on a late, sweets, steak slices and fizzy pop again.

Late snack - Cup of tea or 3/water and a piece of fruit if I was hungry.

Late snack(before) - More fizzy pop, toast/cereals etc etc. Just things that weren't good for me. Especially at that time of night.

I was also exercising more and going to the gym two/three times or more a week. Plus work at Morrisons. I was constantly on my feet walking around.

Also dont run, google the nhs couch to 5k plan, and download the podcasts all of them, theyre 9 weeks long, put them on your phone/ipod/mp3 player etc, and follow the exercises

Don't have one of those iphone/ipod thingies and why not run?

I was doing that. But stopped and stopped exercising as well.

I don't drink large amounts of alcohol so I'm lucky there. I'd say I drink on average once/twice a month on a Friday or a Saturday. I can never do both and I get bored after a while so stop. Never excessive amounts to get smashed. With the losing weight last summer time, I just cut down my food intake. I was already eating way over the limit of 2500? for a male. So it wasn't too bad. I was drinking enough water and then my food intake was something like;

Breakfast - small bowl of cereal(healthier stuff)/apple and water

Breakfast(before) - Cereal bar and a drink(depended). Sometimes no drink

Mid Morning - slice of toast/piece of fruit or sometimes just a bottle of water.

Mid Morning(before) - 2 greasy sausage cobs, a couple of cans of fizzy pop and a chocolate bar/something sugary.

Dinner - Small portion of whatever was for dinner and 2 bottles of water.

Dinner(before) - Something sugary and a couple of cans of pop.

Tea - Whatever my mum cooked. Usually something healthy. If on a late, usually a bottle of water and maybe some cereal.

Tea(before) - Same as above. If on a late, sweets, steak slices and fizzy pop again.

Late snack - Cup of tea or 3/water and a piece of fruit if I was hungry.

Late snack(before) - More fizzy pop, toast/cereals etc etc. Just things that weren't good for me. Especially at that time of night.

I was also exercising more and going to the gym two/three times or more a week. Plus work at Morrisons. I was constantly on my feet walking around.

Don't have one of those iphone/ipod thingies and why not run?

When your doing snacks ie mid morning (being in between breakfast time for me) and by dinner i presume you mean lunch? Or whatever time your break was then!

What you should do ideally is, eat smaller, but eat more - so 5 times a day, get up, have your breakfast (vitally important to kick start the fat burn ), "mid morning" have a piece of fruit, or a yoghurt. 1 only, you want to eat smaller portions so your stomach starts to shrink, lunch eat something like soup or toast and jam etc, then what you should be doing now is between lunch and tea have another piece of fruit, say perhaps about 3-3.30? Or whatever fits into your schedule, but do it before dinner/tea - Then have your tea, make sure thats the last food you eat in the day - Dont drink anymore coffee/tea after say 7 or 8, stick to at least 4 500 ml coke bottle sized drinks of water a day.

Do this and combined with you hardly drinking you will lose weight, first week or so, it will be water weight, so thats your largest weight loss, but then after that aim for a 1-2 lbs a week, dont be disheartened if you put weight back on, its only natural.

The reason i said dont run is, because if you run straight away and you get out of breather, you may not stick to it - I would start walking, then build it into power walking, then start using that nhs couch to 5k plan, and before you know it, you will feel fitter than you have done in a long time!

Also VERY IMPORTANTLY: Make sure you treat yourself once a week, say ie a saturday night, have that chinese or takeaway you crave, and a chocolate bar if you really want to pig out, using that day once a week gives you something to strive to, and usually means you will stick with it

Looking forward to the Manchester derby tonight. Looks like no Vidic or Evans; have Jones or Smalling played many games at centre back this season? Assume one of them will partner Ferdinand?

If both Vidic and Evans are missing then it'll be Smalling. No worries about that whatsoever.

When your doing snacks ie mid morning (being in between breakfast time for me) and by dinner i presume you mean lunch? Or whatever time your break was then!

What you should do ideally is, eat smaller, but eat more - so 5 times a day, get up, have your breakfast (vitally important to kick start the fat burn ), "mid morning" have a piece of fruit, or a yoghurt. 1 only, you want to eat smaller portions so your stomach starts to shrink, lunch eat something like soup or toast and jam etc, then what you should be doing now is between lunch and tea have another piece of fruit, say perhaps about 3-3.30? Or whatever fits into your schedule, but do it before dinner/tea - Then have your tea, make sure thats the last food you eat in the day - Dont drink anymore coffee/tea after say 7 or 8, stick to at least 4 500 ml coke bottle sized drinks of water a day.

Do this and combined with you hardly drinking you will lose weight, first week or so, it will be water weight, so thats your largest weight loss, but then after that aim for a 1-2 lbs a week, dont be disheartened if you put weight back on, its only natural.

The reason i said dont run is, because if you run straight away and you get out of breather, you may not stick to it - I would start walking, then build it into power walking, then start using that nhs couch to 5k plan, and before you know it, you will feel fitter than you have done in a long time!

Also VERY IMPORTANTLY: Make sure you treat yourself once a week, say ie a saturday night, have that chinese or takeaway you crave, and a chocolate bar if you really want to pig out, using that day once a week gives you something to strive to, and usually means you will stick with it

My routine is similar.

Breakfast 06:30 : Vitamins and a protein shake

Snack 09:30 : Small 80g tin of tuna, some Almonds

Lunch 12:30 : Chicken salad and a fruit medley

Snack 15:30 : Small 80g tin of tuna, some Almonds

Dinner 18:30 (training days) : brown whole grain rice and chicken

Dinner 18:30 (non-training days) : Something light, enough carbs, fats and protein.

I'll never normally eat after 19:00 and will usually drink a couple of pints of water which will fill me up.

If both Vidic and Evans are missing then it'll be Smalling. No worries about that whatsoever.

Agreed. Happy for Smalling to be in there with Rio. We might see Valencia at RB with Evra on the other side.

My routine is similar.

Breakfast 06:30 : Vitamins and a protein shake

Snack 09:30 : Small 80g tine of tuna, some Almonds

Lunch 12:30 : Chicken salad and a fruit medley

Snack 15:30 : Small 80g tin of tuna, some Almonds

Dinner 18:30 (training days) : brown whole grain rice and chicken

Dinner 18:30 (non-training days) : Something light, enough carbs, fats and protein.

I'll never normally eat after 19:00 and will usually drink a couple of pints of water which will fill me up.

Just goes to show you, if your in training, say 3-4 days a week? Then its a good guideline for jake if he starts that way

I don't like alot of foods though :(. I only like Granny Smith apples unless it's a fruit salad or a mixture of sliced apples. I only like oranges if they're sour. I like lemons and limes. But I don't see many people directly eat lemons and limes. I like grapes sometimes.

I don't eat fish either. Don't like wholegrain stuff either.

Don't know if this Manchester derby is going to be entertaining enough to watch... United 1-0 for me.

I really don't want to sit through a 1-0, but I know if I don't watch it... it will be a 5-4 with everyone on Twitter going mental :D

Don't know if this Manchester derby is going to be entertaining enough to watch... United 1-0 for me.

I really don't want to sit through a 1-0, but I know if I don't watch it... it will be a 5-4 with everyone on Twitter going mental :D

19.45 ko? I wasnt going to watch it either tbh, would rather just play fm, Although id love to see fergie getting spanked again