Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Don't talk nonsene. How am I trolling in any way, shape, or form?

Last edited by tomtuck01; 13-04-2013 at 15:15. Reason: Because SRL is a dirty mess.

Then you have the nerve to say there was no need in my comment :thdn:.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Banned from work because of strep throat, and now i may not get considered for the post i was going for as the interviews were tomorrow! Raging is not quite fit to describe how im feeling just now

I can understand them asking you to stay away from work as it's contagious and what not. But, surely they have to consider you for the post if they had already offered you an interview? Might be worth phoning someone to see where you stand.

My general manager is just an utter **** to be honest, he should be nowhere near a restaurant floor and neither should his partner, ive got bags of experience at staff training and i know how to run a restaurant and maximise profits, yet he`ll **** me over, i guarantee it.

He will then end up hiring someone **** and half our staff will leave before he is eventually sacked

Foul language is foul.

Pretty sure your last 100 posts have been variations of this post. Pretty much every thread I visit you do this little line.

Tom's losing his touch.

Pretty sure your last 100 posts have been variations of this post. Pretty much every thread I visit you do this little line.

Tom's losing his touch.

He lost it a long time ago.

I dislike having so many things that I could possibly do on a Saturday :(. The cricket season has started and the side I play for(3rds) have a pre-season friendly next Saturday. Forest are at home though and I have a stag do to go to afterwards. Had I just been going to Forest, I'd have been able to sell my ticket for the game. But the stag do's been set for a few months now. If there's another friendly on the 27th I'll be able to play. But league game wise, I won't be available until the 11th.

What im really interested to see is if Martinez can mastermind another late season escape, I think wigan are doomed to go down sooner rather than later, surely theyre time in the top flight is over

If they stay up this season, they could be due a move up the table, especially considering they will be in Europe next season.

If they stay up this season, they could be due a move up the table, especially considering they will be in Europe next season.

That has no logic whatsoever. Their European form will have no effect on their league standing in terms of money spending. Wigan might even struggle more next season considering they're going to be in Europe most probably.

Wigan will probably always fight against relegation due to the size of the club. Now I'm not saying they're a small club. But they live within their means and I can't see Whelan, Martinez or whoever the next manager is changing that. As soon as they try to spend too much money, they'll struggle. Most of Wigan's transfers come from players in other divisions who aren't tested in this division. Or players who have not done amazingly well before in this division. If Wigan can get through the qualifying rounds of the Europa League, they'll get a little bit more money which might give them more leverage to spend that extra bit more. But it won't be anything drastic.

I'm not talking about them going crackers in the transfer market. Just being in Europe might result in them being able to attract a few more players of a better standard whilst keeping hold of their current players, thus improving the squad as a whole.

I'm not talking about them going crackers in the transfer market. Just being in Europe might result in them being able to attract a few more players of a better standard whilst keeping hold of their current players, thus improving the squad as a whole.

Possibly so. But again, realistically who could Wigan sign from a notable league that would be interested in joining them? They probably won't break their wage structure for most players and it would have to be an amazing player for them to break their wage structure. Wigan play quite a unique formation don't they? Sure I've seen Cleon discussing it before. Or it's been discussed in this thread.

Possibly so. But again, realistically who could Wigan sign from a notable league that would be interested in joining them? They probably won't break their wage structure for most players and it would have to be an amazing player for them to break their wage structure. Wigan play quite a unique formation don't they? Sure I've seen Cleon discussing it before. Or it's been discussed in this thread.

If they can get 3 or 4 players around the level of quality of Arouna Kone then that will be a big bonus.

Awesome getting my interview tomorrow in work!! Anyone got any tips??

Be confident, but not cocky. Know what you are talking about and try not to ramble on. If you don't know the answer to the question, don't stall on it, just say can we come back to that one.

I think Wigan will win the cup :cool:

Outside of Fergie, for me Martinez is easily the best manager in the EPL. The things he can do with the weakest and smallest club in the league is great. Sooner or later he'll be at a big club though and I've no doubt in my mind he will succeed. He knows his stuff and is great at getting average players to perform. He is also a world class tactician.

My new thread if anyone is interested;

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/352483-The-Chalkboard-Diaries

I think Wigan will win the cup :cool:

Outside of Fergie, for me Martinez is easily the best manager in the EPL. The things he can do with the weakest and smallest club in the league is great. Sooner or later he'll be at a big club though and I've no doubt in my mind he will succeed. He knows his stuff and is great at getting average players to perform. He is also a world class tactician.

My new thread if anyone is interested;

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/352483-The-Chalkboard-Diaries

I think they will get smashed 4-0 by City and I also disagree with you about Martinez. In the last 5 years he has spent more than Reading (exception to the list), Swansea (9th), Fulham (10th), West Brom (8th), Norwich (14th) and Southampton (11th). Every season they're in a relegation battle and only ever decide to turn up when they need to escape. If he could get the team to perform as they do when they're in a scrap, then they'd easily be mid table with some of the results they've managed to get.

Just my opinion.

Also, as a side to this, did you know Stoke are the third highest net spenders in the Premier League in the last 5 years behind Chelsea and City? Astonishing.

Yeah I think City will win 4-0 in the Final. That is my prediction and will probably put a bet on it. I think Martinez is a good manager, but not the best behind Fergie. He is a cracking manager though.

I hope Stoke or Villa go down, I really do!

I think they will get smashed 4-0 by City and I also disagree with you about Martinez. In the last 5 years he has spent more than Reading (exception to the list), Swansea (9th), Fulham (10th), West Brom (8th), Norwich (14th) and Southampton (11th). Every season they're in a relegation battle and only ever decide to turn up when they need to escape. If he could get the team to perform as they do when they're in a scrap, then they'd easily be mid table with some of the results they've managed to get.

Just my opinion.

Also, as a side to this, did you know Stoke are the third highest net spenders in the Premier League in the last 5 years behind Chelsea and City? Astonishing.

Why did he spend more than those teams though? Because each season they lost their best players and had to replace them. He's on a limited budget and the budget he gets relies on the team firstly selling players to bring the income in. If you look at the money they've actually spent you'll see its always money from their star player that they spend ;)

As for the every season they only turn up when there in need of escaping isn't true either and is something the media have built up to fool people. If you actually stop and look at when their form goes down hill and then seems to pick back up after Xmas you'll notice a big pattern, something which the media don't mention. Injuries to key players and suspensions. Look back at all their near scrapes in recent years and you'll see form picks up as they get key players back which tends to be around the same time each season.

If anything they should look at training and see why.

Is that all you disagree about Martinez about btw, money spent?

As for the Stoke stat, I posted that in here a few weeks back :D

Yeah I think City will win 4-0 in the Final. That is my prediction and will probably put a bet on it. I think Martinez is a good manager, but not the best behind Fergie. He is a cracking manager though.

I hope Stoke or Villa go down, I really do!

Who do you rate as the best behind Fergie? Quite interested to hear your thoughts :)

Who do you rate as the best behind Fergie? Quite interested to hear your thoughts :)

Don't get me wrong, I think Martinez is a really good manager, but I think he needs that step up before I could say that he is right up there.

I think you have to look at David Moyes and the job he has done over the last 10 years on the budget he has had. He has a very thin squad and has always kept Everton being competitive, season in, season out.

I really like Michael Laudrup as well. I genuinly think he is an excellent, excellent manager. Swansea were good last season under Rodgers but weren't brilliant in front of goal. This season, Laudrup has kept them playing very similar football, but has made them even more of a threat going forward.

I think AVB is doing a good job as well at Spurs and is only going to get better. I think he tried to do the right thing at Chelsea, but probably tried a bit to hard and got forced out. He seems to have things clicking at Spurs, despite the recent slump.

Just my opinion obviously :).

Why did he spend more than those teams though? Because each season they lost their best players and had to replace them. He's on a limited budget and the budget he gets relies on the team firstly selling players to bring the income in. If you look at the money they've actually spent you'll see its always money from their star player that they spend ;)

As for the every season they only turn up when there in need of escaping isn't true either and is something the media have built up to fool people. If you actually stop and look at when their form goes down hill and then seems to pick back up after Xmas you'll notice a big pattern, something which the media don't mention. Injuries to key players and suspensions. Look back at all their near scrapes in recent years and you'll see form picks up as they get key players back which tends to be around the same time each season.

If anything they should look at training and see why.

Is that all you disagree about Martinez about btw, money spent?

As for the Stoke stat, I posted that in here a few weeks back :D

This is the same as Liverpool saying that it doesn't matter that they've spent £280m on their squad as their net spend is low. You still have a near £300m squad of average players.

Granted Wigan have had to sell a lot of their star players (Palacios, Valencia, N'Zogbia and Moses to name a few), but they're not the only club to sell their big players. I just think it's too convenient to blame a tight budget when other clubs have been doing the same and have not ended up a place or two off the relegation zone every year.

Interested to see more of the trends though that you mention. I've not taken this from 'media hype' just from past experience of watching the Premier League and knowing Wigan are always battling to a great escape at the end.

For a start I think Mancini is a better tactician than Martinez. So no, it's not just the money.

As for the Stoke stat, I must have missed that. They're the anti-football. I hope they go down.

Martinez hasn't really spent alot at Wigan though. The past few years they've sold players for large amounts of money before slowly improving the overall squad. I can't seem to find any websites with their transfers since they've been promoted to the PL though :(. Everton and Moyes, well they've done a good job. But again, Moyes has actually spent quite alot whilst not bringing in as much in terms of transfer fees. Fellaini cost £15m iirc, Distin cost about £5m iirc, Jagielka about £4m(maybe £6m), Neville cost £3.5m, Jelavic cost £5m and Baines cost abit as well didn't he? Lescott, Rooney and Rodwell off the top of my head are the only ones to really move for large sums.

Martinez hasn't really spent alot at Wigan though. The past few years they've sold players for large amounts of money before slowly improving the overall squad. I can't seem to find any websites with their transfers since they've been promoted to the PL though :(. Everton and Moyes, well they've done a good job. But again, Moyes has actually spent quite alot whilst not bringing in as much in terms of transfer fees. Fellaini cost £15m iirc, Distin cost about £5m iirc, Jagielka about £4m(maybe £6m), Neville cost £3.5m, Jelavic cost £5m and Baines cost abit as well didn't he? Lescott, Rooney and Rodwell off the top of my head are the only ones to really move for large sums.

I use this great website: http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/wigan-athletic-transfers.html

Lescott, Rooney and Rodwell off the top of my head are the only ones to really move for large sums.

If I remember correctly, they got around £10m for Andy Johnson off Fulham. Arteta was around the same.

If I remember correctly, they got around £10m for Andy Johnson off Fulham. Arteta was around the same.

Yeah, when I checked that website they have received some more. The point still stands. Whilst Moyes has done a good job, he's still spent more than Martinez. In theory you can't really compare either of them to each other as both sides have different appeals. Alot more players are interested in going to Everton as it's in Liverpool and Liverpool's a bigger and more notable place than Wigan. Wigan is a rugby league town so will always struggle to attract top quality well known players. Therefore Wigan have to use the power of being a Premier League side and attract players from nations where the players in question probably wouldn't get a chance in the PL. Players such as Diame, Thomas, Figueroa, Fyvie, Palacios etc etc. They have to act quick signing players from Scotland and use it as a tool to sell players on to one of the bigger sides in the PL. The one thing that Wigan have is a good manager and one who is obviously Spanish. Which means alot of the players he signs will speak Spanish.

I like Wigan and they're making a profit on the players they're signing. They might not lose many players in the summer which is good for them. How are McCarthy and McArthur doing? Have they been linked with any top 6/8 clubs yet? Is Figueroa still under contract after this season.