Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've now got a 10 year old, 9 year old and a 1 year old daughter. I feel so ****ing old :(

I did that with Game of Thrones, recorded all season 1 and watched all 12 episodes over 2 days. Much better like that imo. I did the same with Heroes too :D

I have just started Game of Thrones this week. One episode 8 at the moment and loving it.

I don't know how some people here got jobs. They need to be spoon fed every single bit of information on a daily basis. I do actually call them a bunch of thick gits when they ask stupid questions and they have the nerve to wonder why. I wouldn't be surprised to hear them ask the answer to 2+2.
It's like that in any environment. You're always going to get those that are completely incompetent but in positions well above where they should be. Same where I work. I often wonder how some of the people are the level they are.

Well lads went through the supervisor tonight in work, got fed up of 3 days of complete complacency and laziness, ran an entire restaurant between me and another fella ive worked with before - So my temper may have got the best of me, told her i was going down the road early, so time for a meeting with the boss tomorrow to deal with this issue

Brazil is weird.

How is it weird, its pretty straight forward. The First Division etc are priorities for all clubs. The State championships matter if you are a big club but are not as important as the league.

How is it weird, its pretty straight forward. The First Division etc are priorities for all clubs. The State championships matter if you are a big club but are not as important as the league.

I'm just used to European football and tried to port a tactic based on central dominance to Brazil, where everyone dominates centrally, just a bit of a learning curve.

You probably could as a one-off, but I doubt it's viable every single week.

It's definitely cheaper to cook stuff from scratch. Doesn't always taste as good, but definitely cheaper.

A few years ago i would have agreed with you. However recently i have found (sp?) myself cooking a dinner that last at least 2 nights. I definately find it cheaper to buy fresh produce from the market rather than dead crap from the supermarket.

I'm not sure about others, but I don't use my age in every day life. Normally the only time I think about my age is around a birthday or for filling passport renewals in etc. So its quite easy to forget, for me it is atleast.

I hear you. I am 34 but really only remeber when i have to do the boring crap like passports and visas. Still the wife is older than me by 8 years so happy days.

Well lads went through the supervisor tonight in work, got fed up of 3 days of complete complacency and laziness, ran an entire restaurant between me and another fella ive worked with before - So my temper may have got the best of me, told her i was going down the road early, so time for a meeting with the boss tomorrow to deal with this issue

I have worked in restaurants and in offices, currently in an office, and i can tgell you it gets no better in an office enviroment. If anything the office is worse than the floor.

Would be much better the other way round ;)

And you can read that two ways....

I hear you (both ways) but the wife still wears the pants either way. As you wil be able to attest to being a married man.

So true :(

My only saving grace is that i can feed my nephew up on Chocs and then give him back. not much of a saving grace for you mind, but us uncles need an excuse to spoil the kids.

EDIT: I also get to buy all the new Technology stuff while saying it is for the nephew.

I hear you. I am 34 but really only remeber when i have to do the boring crap like passports and visas. Still the wife is older than me by 8 years so happy days.

My wife is 7 years younger :cool:

So, I know that Newcastle didn't play particularly well, but it really has to be said....Luis who? ;)

Suarez, it is Luis Suarez. Only an idiot wouldn't know what his second name is, it was even mentioned a couple posts up.

Not actually serious.

Not suprised they did better without him. They look too readily to find him, whereas as tonight it was more about the team and finiding ways to play around Newcastle.

Some of the play between Coutinho and Sturridge was really impressive, though I thought Sturridge was a little selfish a couple times, but I suppose that comes with the territory when you're a confident striker.

RT is the new NF, starting saves and quitting :D

It is doing my nut in, but I have decided to start again to solve the Arsenal enigma.

Bit of a cop out but trying loads of saves has convinced me I'm not comfortable when I don't know the players I'm dealing with.

Not ideal, but I can admit it and move on!

Now to think about tactics....I need to rein myself in and do something fairly conventional.

I have thought that in general terms, lots of teams play one up front so I do only need three at the back.

Lots of teams play a flat back four so typically half of outfield players are already accounted for, so if I play one or none up front, I can pack the middle.

Am therefore thinking of a 3-1-4-1-1.

The Arsenal thread has two or three good posters and a few less good ones......same as most I guess.

On another note, pretty much all the young ladies presenting Milkshake on Channel Five float my boat.

It is doing my nut in, but I have decided to start again to solve the Arsenal enigma.

Bit of a cop out but trying loads of saves has convinced me I'm not comfortable when I don't know the players I'm dealing with.

Not ideal, but I can admit it and move on!

Now to think about tactics....I need to rein myself in and do something fairly conventional.

I have thought that in general terms, lots of teams play one up front so I do only need three at the back.

Lots of teams play a flat back four so typically half of outfield players are already accounted for, so if I play one or none up front, I can pack the middle.

Am therefore thinking of a 3-1-4-1-1.

The Arsenal thread has two or three good posters and a few less good ones......same as most I guess.

On another note, pretty much all the young ladies presenting Milkshake on Channel Five float my boat.

Yeah but they are annoying as ****!!!!

Oh yes, but I can think of a way to keep them quiet.

I couldn't because they are annoying to begin with, so imagine what they'd be like in bed. All fake :(

My all time favourite player. I did like the celebration where he went to jump on the guy and behind the goal but he backed off ha! He's a bit bigger these days...

Aye he is mine too.

So with QPR and Reading both down. How do we think they'll do in the summer window and possibly next season? Obviously a little difficult but I do think that QPR will struggle more than Reading and I think they'll struggle to offload some of their high earners. If they're not careful, I could see them dropping down to League One.

So with QPR and Reading both down. How do we think they'll do in the summer window and possibly next season? Obviously a little difficult but I do think that QPR will struggle more than Reading and I think they'll struggle to offload some of their high earners. If they're not careful, I could see them dropping down to League One.

I think some of the big signing like Remy etc all have it so they become free transfers when relegated.

Really? That's is poor contract negiotiating from QPR if true. Even if they had low release clauses, that would have been better. As you're then recouping something.

I think it was a case of arrogance and them believing short term investment would save them.

Hahaha, QPR really have cocked up this season. Had they added a few quality team players and kept the spine then they'd still have struggled but would have probably done better. Yet they've gone with players that they considered to be good players and got relegated. I do seem them struggling next season.